Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Could they just be getting rid of wave 1
    Its possible, despite what many people assume I know for a fact the Walmart clearance is not a nationwide initiative (yet). Its based per store on sales, Targets I think is the same way.

Toys R Us clearance, that is nationwide so I assume they are dumping the line or at least what stock they have till Bandai communicates better what is coming (if anything is coming)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I was at a toy show (he-con) on the weekend and managed to pick up the 6" Tygra for what will be the Cdn retails price and the thundertank for $20.
    After I bought my tygra, when I went back to that table later the guy had raised the price.

(I also picked up the Mutant Fistpounder from the original line!)

I wasn't gonna even collect this line.. Truthfully I don't even really like the way the Thundercats look. But I said to myself c'mon man it will be fun like the 200X days again. And yea it's just like that again..I really hope this line continues. I like going on toy runs. Well we can only see untill an official word has been said I'm hoping there are just making room and selling stock to make room for the new waves.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    My wife and I went out to dinner tonight and then did some bumming around. We stopped over by our local Toys R Us. Of course, as has been reported, everything is on clearance, with the exception of the Armor of Omens, which up until tonight was the only newer item that I had previously seen at this location.

However, tonight they did have a single Tygrus figure with that Tiger Flyer vehicle. He was amongst the similar sized bikes that attach to the Thundertank that come with Lion-O or Tygra, which are on clearance for $9.98. I grabbed him and went to check out. The interesting thing is that it wasn't even ringing up on the register (this was actually at the customer service desk, which was working double duty as a check out lane as well). The lady that wads working there (who has worked there for many years... I actually remember her from when the Star Wars Episode I figures originally went on sale) was saying, "Okay, how can we sell this if it's not in the system?" She then went to another computer near by to check the TRU website to see if she could find a price on there. Of course it didn't show up, but she was looking for the closest item, and she ended up basing it on the deluxe Tygra figure with that stand that he comes with, which was also $9.98, so I got it for that price. I would have taken it even if they were going to charge me the full price, but I'm not complaining. It actually kind of helps even out the slightly inflated prices that I recently paid on Amazon for some of the newer figures. It is interesting that they even had that at all and that it wasn't ringing up. I'm wondering how it got there. If it was part of other newer stock that has already sold, were the other items ringing up correctly? Not a big deal, but still interesting.

Now I just have to locate Slithe and the Beard-Mobile. I'm not sure if there are any other items coming out that I would want.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Our Wal-Marts (MS Gulf Coast) only have the modern Thundercats (4 & 6 inch figures on clearance). The 6" classics are still regular price.
    The closest TRUs is 45 minutes away so I don't go there...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I went to a few Walmarts today and none of the toys were on clearance (like I have said we have 1 Walmart out of the 8-12 that has them on clearance and that is it) but most had been hit hard with figures so I am guessing Easter is helping to clean them out. Both my TRU's were sold out of everything but the Lizard Cannon, Thundertank, and Armor of Omens (which is not on clearance even though everything else is, that is odd)

I am hoping that stores might have placed a reorder in Feb or have stock in the back and have just been waiting for clear out old stock
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I am seeing tons of 6" Cheetara and Panthro on clearance!
    Suddenly, they have 8 full pegs of 6" Classics...before maybe like 4 (figures) of each, Lion-O & Mum-Ra
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    My Target has all of the ThunderCats on "Price-Cut" now. not clearance, but they are all $2-$3 cheaper than theyw ere. And nothing new...same old figures that have been hanging there since they started carrying them.

All 3 Wal-Marts here in Springfield have the 6" Modern figures on Clearance.

Toys R Us still has everything on clearance accept the Armor of Omens, just like Mark's. Weird how that's the only thing not marked down...no one is buying it! Heh.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

LOL - yes, that's probably just because it came out a month or so ago.

I wish they'd have made the Mumm-Ra armor first. Its so much cooler looking.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    LOL - yes, that's probably just because it came out a month or so ago.

I wish they'd have made the Mumm-Ra armor first. Its so much cooler looking.
    It's been out longer than that. I bought my Armor of Omens at the beginning of January.

And yeah, Mumm-Ra's armor would definitely be cool to have.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Two TRU's Ive been to have only the Tower and Tank left. The spot where ThunderCats was is now gone and filled with a expanded NICKTOONS section and Ben 10 pushed in.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Two TRU's Ive been to have only the Tower and Tank left. The spot where ThunderCats was is now gone and filled with a expanded NICKTOONS section and Ben 10 pushed in.
    Ah Ben 10 the Bandai line that is succeeding lol

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Ah Ben 10 the Bandai line that is succeeding lol
    Kids love that damn toy line..... and Power Rangers fly right off shelves wich is odd cause MMPR's revamp didnt sell a damn figure and failed bad!

Anyway this saturday everyones gunna try and get Thundercats trending on twitter, so if you have it, USE THIS CODE!!!

#LionO
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Kids love that damn toy line..... and Power Rangers fly right off shelves wich is odd cause MMPR's revamp didnt sell a damn figure and failed bad!

Anyway this saturday everyones gunna try and get Thundercats trending on twitter, so if you have it, USE THIS CODE!!!

#LionO
    I am still baffled by PR success, they must charge Bandai nothing for the license so anything they get sales wise is acceptable. I never see PR toys move but yet for almost 20 years the line keeps going

I am still baffled by PR success, they must charge Bandai nothing for the license so anything they get sales wise is acceptable. I never see PR toys move but yet for almost 20 years the line keeps going
    Yah that line is a hit and miss in area's. I havent seen much move since they dropped the scale. I collected religiously till Dino Thunder, and gave up and sold most of my stuff. The new size of the figures is catering too much to the status quo. If you have a line go strong for 16+ years, collections look dumb now adding new stuff. Bandai dumped the quallity of the figures too, all the zords lack paint apps and only the fronts of figures are painted. Kinda sad, the Space-SPD era figures were fantastic!

Back to TCats, im getting so tired of the back and forth on fans on .WS, and I swear no one reads my posts lol. People think cause new costumes and stuff are coming out the toys are gunna keep going and stuff, no one realizes the buisness aspects and how these items were already in motion months ago and need to still be released to make money back.

Also the Tygra 6 inch auctions going at 40 a piece are sad, the wave was made and held back due to stores not needing new product. Bandai will ship extras to discount shops via biglots and stuff like that by xmas. The toon has a really good chance at still going but even those involved dont know the fate of the remainder of the episodes, and thats fact. The toys are basically nail in coffin in the US, stores had great sales at first and then the peg warmers were shipped so badly they had to cancel future orders. Does this mean the toyline is dead? No..... it could continue via a mail company but that isnt realistic for a small line. Bandai has wave 3 sculpted, for product to have been moving they had to have product ready, but likely Thundercats is doing good in the UK so that will be released only there if it ever is made.

See my theory might be correct that they are getting rid of wave one. The armor is wave 2...maybe that's why it's not marked down or clearence. Well I hope this is right.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    See my theory might be correct that they are getting rid of wave one. The armor is wave 2...maybe that's why it's not marked down or clearence. Well I hope this is right.
    That would be my guess, I mean I think TRU is done with the line until Bandai gives them more reason to stock it on the shelf.

People often forget Ben 10 and PR almost always have TRU Exclusive sets that give it more incentive to dedicate shelf space. Bandai gave Target the retailer exclusive (the 4 figure gift pack) and god knows why because Target epic failed and refused to order the line before Christmas so I would have left them out to dry and catered more to TRU which is always going to promote you.

I am not going to jump into the hysteria and declare the line alive or dead as there are arguments both ways. All I know from when I talk to Toy managers for the chains I frequent is TRU is waiting to hear from Bandai, Walmart is not getting rid of the line but just trying to move product, and Target was never really in to begin with so they can go either way.

But the underlying thing remains the same and that is Bandai needs to communicate, and right now they are saying next to nothing which even for failed Bandai lines is an odd thing. Its like they don't know which as the toy maker is pretty odd

Yah that line is a hit and miss in area's. I havent seen much move since they dropped the scale. I collected religiously till Dino Thunder, and gave up and sold most of my stuff. The new size of the figures is catering too much to the status quo. If you have a line go strong for 16+ years, collections look dumb now adding new stuff. Bandai dumped the quallity of the figures too, all the zords lack paint apps and only the fronts of figures are painted. Kinda sad, the Space-SPD era figures were fantastic!

Back to TCats, im getting so tired of the back and forth on fans on .WS, and I swear no one reads my posts lol. People think cause new costumes and stuff are coming out the toys are gunna keep going and stuff, no one realizes the buisness aspects and how these items were already in motion months ago and need to still be released to make money back.

Also the Tygra 6 inch auctions going at 40 a piece are sad, the wave was made and held back due to stores not needing new product. Bandai will ship extras to discount shops via biglots and stuff like that by xmas. The toon has a really good chance at still going but even those involved dont know the fate of the remainder of the episodes, and thats fact. The toys are basically nail in coffin in the US, stores had great sales at first and then the peg warmers were shipped so badly they had to cancel future orders. Does this mean the toyline is dead? No..... it could continue via a mail company but that isnt realistic for a small line. Bandai has wave 3 sculpted, for product to have been moving they had to have product ready, but likely Thundercats is doing good in the UK so that will be released only there if it ever is made.
    But you are so cheerful I am not sure how anyone would ignore you telling them things are dead and they need to get real and deal
    Last edited by markatisu; April 6, 2012 at 04:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know some of the members on this site are fond of contacting people from various big companies about toy & DVD releases. Has anyone tried contacting either Bandai or the producers of the cartoon to see what's up?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I got my Amazon order today with Claudus. I still haven't opened the box to make sure he's in there, but he's supposed to be.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I do not know the specifics but i know people have contacted both and there is nothing really to report besides a implied request to be patient and do not assume anything. That is one of the reasons I think we all just need to take a step back and breath.

Whatever it is its not as black and white as we all assume it is (being the toyline failed or the cartoon is ending)

But you are so cheerful I am not sure how anyone would ignore you telling them things are dead and they need to get real and deal
    LOL! In this day and age how could one not be a realist? They would simply go mad! Im gunna have to start getting personal and threatning to steal peoples grandparents medications.

Yay! He was in there, and in great shape. I don't collect Thundercats MOC, so it doesn't really matter. It's nice to have something come in perfect condition though.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

He is a great figure, one of my favorites in the line along with Grune. Hopefully more stores get him in stock so others have a chance at him

He is a great figure, one of my favorites in the line along with Grune. Hopefully more stores get him in stock so others have a chance at him
    I thought at first that he was messed up while being painted. I then figured out that the horizontal line across the bridge of his nose is supposed to be there. It looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I thought at first that he was messed up while being painted. I then figured out that the horizontal line across the bridge of his nose is supposed to be there. It looks stupid.
    Oh yeah they are all like that, I originally put 2 back and then Jill made me realize that was how he was made