Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

LOL. What a whacked out figure
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    LOL. What a whacked out figure
    I think it's an OK idea for some limited exclusive type thing. I do think it captures the idea of making the castle into a person fairly well. The mouth though and the adult collector stamped on the packaging is going to get a lot of jokes out of it. The hair could have been more of a moss, or the crenelations of the castle. I would have used a different name like Spirit of Greyskull, and I think a hammer that looked like it was made from bricks would have made a better weapon then pseudo futuristic swords that look like they were based on the 200x sword.

Of course that could still be a bit of a preproduction figure with other future changes to make him look better.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I think it's an OK idea for some limited exclusive type thing. I do think it captures the idea of making the castle into a person fairly well. The mouth though and the adult collector stamped on the packaging is going to get a lot of jokes out of it. The hair could have been more of a moss, or the crenelations of the castle. I would have used a different name like Spirit of Greyskull, and I think a hammer that looked like it was made from bricks would have made a better weapon then pseudo futuristic swords that look like they were based on the 200x sword.

Of course that could still be a bit of a preproduction figure with other future changes to make him look better.
    To be fair the swords are based on the swords from the flag on the vintage castle grayskull so it's fitting with the theme.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post

Or just drop the concept entirely and come up with something a bit better.

When figures like that are released, it starts to make the MOTUC line look more like a bad joke than a collector's line.

I'm fine with fan created characters that fit into the MOTU theme, like for instance some of the ones created by Pyre (I think that is his name) could be made into logical figures.

But, when Castle Grayskull is turned into a figure, and a bad one at that, it just is blech. What next, Snake Mountainman? Horde Fright Zone Snake Puppetman?

*sigh* I wish there were still some good Thundercats news otherwise this thread wouldn't be getting sooooo off topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like me looking at and walking away from the thunder tank last week might've made a difference. Maybe someone on the security cameras saw me scoff at the price reduction from $27 to $21 and decided they aren't going to sell thunder tanks off that way.

Wednesday, the thunder tank was thus reduced down to $14.50, which is a much better price. So I caved and bought it. Snarf looks pretty good for a figure and the tank isn't too terrible, but I can understand why some might not like it.

How easy the canopy can fall off is a bit lame so safer to leave the elastic band around it. Otherwise the buy was worth my time. Probably the last Thundercats toy I'm probably buying seeing as how the line seems to be dead. On the bright side I've finally completed the primary team of the 4" figures.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

TRU.com no longer lists the mini-figure collector 6 pack. I would imagine this will be one of the harder items to get from the Bandai line.

TRU.com no longer lists the mini-figure collector 6 pack. I would imagine this will be one of the harder items to get from the Bandai line.
    Unless you live near a TRU, both of ours still have an entire shelf full of them. Thankfully we got ours during that super awesome Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

My local Kmart has reduced all Thundercats an additional %50 off! I got Armor of Omens at $9.50. It's about damn time. I am going back first thing in the morning to get a deluxe sword of omens for $9

October 5th

Ross is getting Wave 2 in! I snagged a Claudus and 4" Mumm-ra with small wings. Slithe may not be far behind

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    It looks like I'm the only one who bought a Thundertank at my local Wal-Mart. : P I just checked Wednesday and it almost looks like the same amount of tanks as when I not only bought mine but when they first came out summer 2011. : P

So, the Thundercats on clearance I think are going to be there awhile until Wal-Mart decides to just give them away.

It's sad that the property has failed so quickly. I was really hoping it would be a successful revival but it almost looks like WB gave up on it completely within the span of a full year.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

4" figures are showing up at Five Below! Just $4 each!

They had them in large numbers and with exclusive trading cards. I went wild

4" figures are showing up at Five Below! Just $4 each!

They had them in large numbers and with exclusive trading cards. I went wild
    Its is all the waves (including Slithe) or is it just the first two waves?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its is all the waves (including Slithe) or is it just the first two waves?

Only wave 2, and no deluxe figures, 6" figures, or basic vehicles.

No mummy mumm-ra's. As hard as that may be 2 believe

No mummy mumm-ra's. As hard as that may be 2 believe
    That is because at least out here those are still in Walmart and TRU

What I saw today didn't look like anybody's leftovers. They had 3 full pegs worth of them. Not to mention they have the exclusive trading cards in them which I have never seen at any major retailer. Must have been a full case because there was 1 claudus

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I found some Thundercats stuff at Winners in Canada! They have the Tower of Omens, the Thundertank, Mumm-Ra Storm Charger, the Anime-style pack of a bunch of figures, the Sword of Omens and Claw shield (kid sized). They had NO 4 inch, 6 inch or 8 inch figures, unfortunately...and the ToysRUs in my area only has the 8 inch figures.

I picked me up Storm Charger.

I still need:

- metal arm Panthro
    - Lion-O with the new claw shield
    - Armour of Omens (giant, gold Lion-O)
    - Slithe
    - 2 Thunder racers
    - 6 inch Lion-O and Mumm-Ra (80's style)
    - Red Lion-O (Mumm-Ra)...I missed Mark's sale on him.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

our local shop has that mum-ra and lion-o I can scout out how much they would be if you'd like. also the thunder racers are on clearance here too (I'm asuming they're the bikes that clip onto the thunder tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I found some Thundercats stuff at Winners in Canada! They have the Tower of Omens, the Thundertank, Mumm-Ra Storm Charger, the Anime-style pack of a bunch of figures, the Sword of Omens and Claw shield (kid sized). They had NO 4 inch, 6 inch or 8 inch figures, unfortunately...and the ToysRUs in my area only has the 8 inch figures.

I picked me up Storm Charger.

I still need:

- metal arm Panthro
    - Lion-O with the new claw shield
    - Armour of Omens (giant, gold Lion-O)
    - Slithe
    - 2 Thunder racers
    - 6 inch Lion-O and Mumm-Ra (80's style)
    - Red Lion-O (Mumm-Ra)...I missed Mark's sale on him.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    our local shop has that mum-ra and lion-o I can scout out how much they would be if you'd like. also the thunder racers are on clearance here too (I'm asuming they're the bikes that clip onto the thunder tank)
    Yes, the bike clip-on things with the figures. That would be great if you could check the price on those items!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Tower of Omens is hitting Ross in force. I saw a bunch of them this week at 3 different stores. They are $12.99.

I saw a storm charger last week for $14 at a speciality toy shop, I didn't bother with it, LOL.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; November 10, 2012 at 12:06pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Found wave 2 at a regional store called Gabriel Brothers today for $2.99 in West Virginia. Got Claudus and metal arms Panthro. They had some Tanks for $10, Towers for $12, and Thunder Racers for $7.99, including the Tygra racer.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Just wanna come and eat my words cos the Toys have just appeared in SA stores!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Thundercats

Any chance Mattel would be interested in buying the figure rights for Thundercats you think? That would be amazing since its been cancelled via Bandai.

Thundercats using the MOTUC buck....it's a dream...but a mighty good one. They should have given the liscence to Mattel in the first place IMO. It would be amazing if Mattel got the liscence to at least froduce figures of the classic Cartoon Thundercats.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Thundercats using the MOTUC buck....it's a dream...but a mighty good one. They should have given the liscence to Mattel in the first place IMO. It would be amazing if Mattel got the liscence to at least froduce figures of the classic Cartoon Thundercats.
    I have wanted that for years. I wish it would happen.....

ThunderCats in SA
    Must be popular cos the display in the first pic has already been decimated and halved on the shelves.

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

All those toys, and not one damn Slithe D:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel:3156783
    All those toys, and not one damn Slithe D:
    Thats crazy hes a hard figure to get
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app