Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2126

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

  1. #2051
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Yeah, it's a tough situation. I don't really like having a hole in my collection, but I don't want to pay a lot and start finding slithes at five below. Plus, the figure doesn't really impress me all that much. He's ok, but there's nothing really special about him.

  2. #2052
    Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,687
    Still a few Thundercats items tucked away on the clearance rack at my local Wal-Mart, but have to look behind a few other clearance items. Pretty soon, I'll probably get that classics Mumm-Ra. Bought the last mini-Sword of Omens this week just because the price was good. I wouldn't at all be surprised to still see the fairly hefty collection of TCats on the clearance shelves there for months to come. Sadly.
    (Hordak Alpha))

    BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

  3. #2053
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Yeah, it's a tough situation. I don't really like having a hole in my collection, but I don't want to pay a lot and start finding slithes at five below. Plus, the figure doesn't really impress me all that much. He's ok, but there's nothing really special about him.
    Sadly, all of our collections will be incomplete. Without the rest of the mutants, Jaga, Pumyra, and the rest of the 80's gang classic style. This was the biggest toy/series let down ever in the history of reboots for me. It had such potential and the show was great... Damn you Cartoon Network and Bandai for butchering this license!!!!!!

  4. #2054
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Honestly, the classic stuff just does not sell well enough for a retail line.
    We saw it with all the figures, but especially Mumm-ra and Tygra and SDCC Lion-o.
    It makes sense considering that they are not airing the original cartoons.
    Why would someone buy figures from a 25 year old cartoon they have never seen before??


    My Thundertank's right claw will no longer stay on properly. Not sure what happened to it

  5. #2055
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Honestly, the classic stuff just does not sell well enough for a retail line.
    We saw it with all the figures, but especially Mumm-ra and Tygra and SDCC Lion-o.
    It makes sense considering that they are not airing the original cartoons.
    Why would someone buy figures from a 25 year old cartoon they have never seen before??


    My Thundertank's right claw will no longer stay on properly. Not sure what happened to it
    I think the problem with the classics was the limit to 2 figures per wave. If they had made it a 4-5 figure wave they would have done much better. Once the first cases sold no one else needed Lion-o or Tygra so they just sat there collecting dust.

  6. #2056
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Geesh, even at Ross for $12.99 the Tower of Omens doesn't seem to sell

    I did find a Deluxe Grune for $3.99. I needed one to open

  7. #2057
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Shock and awe, piece of crap playset does not sell
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  8. #2058
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    7,914
    I find it funny that Toys R Us is still trying to sell the playset for $24.99.

  9. #2059
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Toysrus.com looks like they may have sold out of 8" Classic Lion-O.

    They are having a sale on SDCC Lion-O - $24.99. Strange, but the sale looks like it ends at 6:00 pm.

  10. #2060
    Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Shepparton, Australia
    Posts
    2,931
    I know it's not toy related but I see Converse have bought out Thundercats themed Chuck Taylors. They look cool as should get my self a pair to add to my Chucks collection.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

  11. #2061
    Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,687
    The Thundercats figures are starting to show up now in second hand comic shop and hobby stores. I found the big Mumm-Ra from the last wave of the figures in a local thrift old comic shop just the other day for way less than what it would've been originally.
    (Hordak Alpha))

    BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

  12. #2062
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    The Thundercats figures are starting to show up now in second hand comic shop and hobby stores. I found the big Mumm-Ra from the last wave of the figures in a local thrift old comic shop just the other day for way less than what it would've been originally.

    yeah, they are turning up in some unexpected places. I saw a Storm charger for $15 at a mall toy store a few weeks ago.

    And someone bought me the Eye of Thundera 4-pack for $3.99 at a Goodwill store. Hard to believe that was once an "exclusive" $20 item

  13. #2063
    Heroic Warrior ninja man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    398
    Also lots of stuff is showing up at Tuesday Morning and Marshall's

    And if anyone finds a cheap storm charger let me know.

  14. #2064
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    Also lots of stuff is showing up at Tuesday Morning and Marshall's

    And if anyone finds a cheap storm charger let me know.

    I go to three different marshall's. I haven't found squat from Thundercats pretty much ever.

    A little late on that Storm Charger, someone eventually bought it

  15. #2065
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,764
    Ummm...it appears Bandai is now re-using the 8 inch or 6 inch Thundercats parts for Power Rangers.









    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  16. #2066
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    I've seen the GoseiRed and GoseiBlue in stores and they are too big to be from the 6inch bodies but too small to be from the 8 inch ones too.

    However, why does every Power Ranger look like he is on steroids?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  17. #2067
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,796
    for Canadians, if you want some thundertanks or the tower of omens Giant Tiger has em. $15 I think.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  18. #2068
    Master of Voice Overs! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,470
    Just curious.... is that a new Power Rangers line that is shown in the above post? Specifically the white ranger and the red ranger. Have they come out with new figures??

    -Johnny C

  19. #2069
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Just curious.... is that a new Power Rangers line that is shown in the above post? Specifically the white ranger and the red ranger. Have they come out with new figures??

    -Johnny C
    This year is the 20th anniversary, so there are all kinds of new and old characters coming out with new toys.

    I say if you are a MMPR fan, wait for these guys:





    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  20. #2070
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,764
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    for Canadians, if you want some thundertanks or the tower of omens Giant Tiger has em. $15 I think.
    Winners has the Thundertank, Tower of Omens, Mumm-Ra's vehicle and figures! I got some. ONLY place I've ever seen them. I haven't been to Giant Tiger in years though. I should go.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  21. #2071
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I find it funny that Toys R Us is still trying to sell the playset for $24.99.

    Got one better TRU is still selling the motuc vs dcu for full price after all this time.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  22. #2072
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Got one better TRU is still selling the motuc vs dcu for full price after all this time.

    I saw the writing on the wall for those pretty much as soon as I bought them. I sold off the zodac 2-pack to somebody here and returned three others back to the store for a refund. My TRU just got in some she-ra and zodac packs like two weeks ago. Someone at Mattel must not exactly be incredibly skilled at estimating demand.

    Ross is still getting the Tower of Omens in. Someone on thundercats.ws reported finding storm chargers. I still want a slithe, not because he is a great figure (he isn't.) I just don't like having an incomplete collection.

  23. #2073
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I saw the writing on the wall for those pretty much as soon as I bought them. I sold off the zodac 2-pack to somebody here and returned three others back to the store for a refund. My TRU just got in some she-ra and zodac packs like two weeks ago. Someone at Mattel must not exactly be incredibly skilled at estimating demand.

    Ross is still getting the Tower of Omens in. Someone on thundercats.ws reported finding storm chargers. I still want a slithe, not because he is a great figure (he isn't.) I just don't like having an incomplete collection.

    Yea I need slithe as well if you spot 2 get me one please
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  24. #2074
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    The Reject store here in Australia has a tone of them (not trying to be funny, our discount dollar store is called "the reject store")

  25. #2075
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely Miami
    Posts
    2,781
    Figuring I'll never be able to sell him, I finally opened my extra Lion-O. This is a great figure. I can't understand why people complain about how big they are, yet those same people are probably out buying the Mezco's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •