Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2126

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I just don't like having an incomplete collection.
    Sadly, it will always seem incomplete without the updated Monkian and Jackalman figures. Or Berbils. I really thought the show had some legs if it could win over an old timer like me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Sadly, it will always seem incomplete without the updated Monkian and Jackalman figures. Or Berbils. I really thought the show had some legs if it could win over an old timer like me.
    as a whole I really liked the series, and that's saying something as a card carrying Thundercats hater. I think the biggest issues this series had was they tried to go the Avatar route but ended up missing the brilliance of that series - filler episodes were too 'filler' in thundercats where as in avatar everything mattered and felt neccessary (maybe one of two eps missed that mark) but other than that as a whole I did like the series.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

I can live without them. I wish they would have made a 3 3/4 inch figure for Tookit. He was fantastic.

Heroic Warrior
    Man, I really wish they got another toy company other then Bandai or at least they stuck to just the 6" toys and had a lot more characters in wave 1.

I'm actually thinking about unloading the tower of omens. I'll keep the clear Tygra and the other little stuff that it comes with. But I'm not seeing any good reason to keep the actual playset. I might bundle that together with a few different figures just to raise some cash.

I'm actually thinking about unloading the tower of omens. I'll keep the clear Tygra and the other little stuff that it comes with. But I'm not seeing any good reason to keep the actual playset. I might bundle that together with a few different figures just to raise some cash.
    you might as well keep it. you might be able to get $5. I got mine at a Tuesday Morning I think, for like $12. and others have reported seeing them for way less.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    you might as well keep it. you might be able to get $5. I got mine at a Tuesday Morning I think, for like $12. and others have reported seeing them for way less.

I have seen them at Ross. I think for $12. I wouldn't attempt to sell it by itself. That would be comical. I would just throw it in in a figure lot to sweeten the pot

ok. didnt know how serious you were, just watchin' your back!

On the positive side, I never see the Armor of Omens anywhere anymore. That was once a major liability to the line.
    Looks like it might have half a chance of becoming a semi-desired collectible.

Toys R Us still wants an arm and a leg for the thundertank and tower of omens on "clearance." I guess they don't mind sitting on them.

Yeah, my TRU still has lots of them too. Honestly, most of their stock is stuff that they have been sitting on for a long time.

They're the only ones in the area who still have Men In Black 3 and Mortal Kombat figures.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a deluxe sword of omens at Marshalls a few days ago for $5.99. I don't have a loose one to fool around with, so I went ahead & picked it up.

Just curious was there any Thundercats represented at Power-Con. I see all this news on Masters and Turtles but nothing mentioned about Cats. It's a real shame that there we never got the full team in the Classics treatment.

I'm still so angry at Cartoon Network and Bandai for the way the relaunch was handled. It had the potential of becoming something huge.

On the positive side, I never see the Armor of Omens anywhere anymore. That was once a major liability to the line.
    Looks like it might have half a chance of becoming a semi-desired collectible.

Then I guess I better go buy the 20 still hanging around my TRU.

TRU did though mark down the Mezco 18 in figures.

On a side note, my Meijer cut a bunch of new TC stuff in their isle just last week. I got a feeling that they found a bunch of cases in the back. I don't think though they'll be selling anytime soon. They still have them at full price. I saw a Claudis and considered buying him but I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Then I guess I better go buy the 20 still hanging around my TRU.

LMAO

TRU did though mark down the Mezco 18 in figures.

My TRU has Cheetara. Those are too big. I can't see picking them up. At one point they had Lion-O marked down to like $12 or something. I didn't even bother with him.

On a side note, my Meijer cut a bunch of new TC stuff in their isle just last week. I got a feeling that they found a bunch of cases in the back. I don't think though they'll be selling anytime soon. They still have them at full price. I saw a Claudis and considered buying him but I passed.

Claudus has been a pretty common sight at Five Below. They are running short now. Hard to say if more are coming. I paid like $20 for my first one. Ouch. Well, you never know. I never did find a Tygra so I'm glad I paid out for him.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Toys R Us really seems to be completely ok with sitting on stuff for ages. Mine still has rows, and rows, and rows of Iron Man 2 wave 1 figures and Thor stuff. And yes, I too saw a whole end cap of Thudertanks the other day.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I got Claudus and metal arms Panthro at a discount chain called Gabriel Bros right before Christmas for $2.99. I'd already sold my other figs, but grabbed those 2 because it was the only time I'd seen them.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

That's a sweet deal. I feel like the line doesn't get as much credit as it should. The figures are generally very accurate to the show and were much better than most of what has been coming out lately. They cost was the same as what is being charged now for figures with 5 pts. of articulation.

incase anyone didn't know. The STGCC Red Lion-O is on clearance at BBTS. $39.99 which is a good deal.

Snappy Threader
    Local TRU has 4 Thundertanks and 8 Tower of Omens playsets. Clearance prices are still over 20 bucks, and I got a Thundertank for 2 bucks last Black Friday at Wal-Mart.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    That's a sweet deal. I feel like the line doesn't get as much credit as it should. The figures are generally very accurate to the show and were much better than most of what has been coming out lately. They cost was the same as what is being charged now for figures with 5 pts. of articulation.
    I have to second that; they had decent articulation and were a good ways above the 1970's figures a lot of the properties have been giving us lately. And there was actually a pretty good scale in place, something Bandai isn't necessarily known for.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think the only real complaints people had were the black pegs and the plastic that was used. Yes there was some bad paint applications on individual items (not characters) but that happens all the time. I also think people were comparing the Classics to MOTUC and TMNTC which was understandable but still.

I know many didn't like the designs of the characters but that wasn't the fault of Bandai.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

just found a complete Bandai Thundertank for $3 at Goodwill. and found tons of pieces to the Tower of Omens. basically missing the main middle piece. cool to find at Goodwill though.

My Ollie's got in tons of Thundertanks ($8). They also got the basic vehicles--although I did not see Tygus.
    There were a lot of Towers -- and I do mean a lot, heh. They were loaded up with tons of all of these.
    I didn't think to check if they had Storm Chargers mixed in. It doesn't matter because I already have everything.

They also had the Ghostbuster Mego dolls. I didn't see Winston but I probably missed him. I'm thinking he was probably there a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I think the only real complaints people had were the black pegs and the plastic that was used. Yes there was some bad paint applications on individual items (not characters) but that happens all the time. I also think people were comparing the Classics to MOTUC and TMNTC which was understandable but still.

I know many didn't like the designs of the characters but that wasn't the fault of Bandai.

My biggest gripe is the magnets.
    That was just a stupid idea.

Wave 1 at Big Lots for $3. I grabbed an extra Panthro. I don't have a loose one.

Some kind of crappy marshallow version of Ray Stantz. Pass. :lol

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    All I found were two Thundertanks at Big Lot's this past weekend ($10).

Interesting. Mine was loaded with figures. Good to see mummy Mum-ra's shelfwarming again; just like old times.