6" Deluxe, new style
    8" Classic style
    Last edited by 13977; February 1, 2011 at 10:10am. Reason: spelling mistake
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    After seeing the pictures on TNI, I'm pretty sad that Bandai has gone the route of the Power Rangers what I was afraid of (and like some of Playmates' 200X TMNT figures with humongous hands like the Foot Elite for example). Just look at Lion-O's hands! They are as big as his head! Totally out of proportion! That really sux! Cheetara looks reasonable, but is still a bit off. The thing is, what makes them cool are the action features and interaction with the vehicles and playset. I'm sure even tho they are totally out of proportion, they would be a lot of fun to play with and I'm sure they could become popular amongst kids.

I personally have a hard time to decide if I want the 4" line or not. I am extremely curious to find out how everyting works and to see it in action first hand, but I can't stand the out of proportions. I'm afraid if I get them it will be based on impulse and I know I will regret it later on which finally leads to selling them off and losing money on them big time (It's what happened to my TMNT 200X collecting before).

I know for a fact the 8" Classic Collector Figures is what I really want and what I am most thrilled about. It feels like MOTUC to me and I really hope they will have the correct proportions. The new Sword of Omens role play sword is a must have for sure as well. The features it has makes it totally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    ThunderLynx is an action feature, I think.
    Yep, ThunderLynx is the name of the magnetic interaction action feature.
    It's only for all the 4" figures & vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Looking forward to more pictures.
    So can some tell me if I've got these scales right:
    4" Basic, new style
    6" Deluxe, new style
    8" Classic style
    There are also the 4" Deluxe Figures, new style.

In the 4" Scale with all figures/vehicles combined, we'll be getting the complete team of ('80's Season 1) ThunderCats;
    Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Wily-Kit, Wily-Kat & Snarf

And the following Villains: Mumm-Ra (The Ever-Living), Mumm-Ra (Mummy), The Mutant: S-S-Slithe
    and the evil rogue ThunderCat: Grune the Destroyer

I wonder which figure will come with the Tower of Omens Deluxe Playset. I assume it's a repack of Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro or Cheetara,
    but it would be more fitting if it comes with BenGali, Pumyra, Lynx-O or Snarfer.

This is what's known so far:

8" Classic Collector Figures (18 points of articulation) vintage style:
    - Lion-O (with long Sword of Omens, short Sword of Omens, ThunderClaw)
    - Tygra

6" Collector Figures (18 points of articulation) new style:
    - Lion-O
    - Panthro
    - Mumm-Ra

4" Basic Figures new style:
    - Lion-O
    - Tygra
    - Panthro
    - Cheetara
    - Wily-Kit
    - Wily-Kat
    - Mumm-Ra (Mummy)

4" Deluxe Figures new style:
    - Lion-O
    - Tygra
    - Grune
    - Mumm-Ra

4" Vehicles & Playsets - with ThunderLynx action features new style:
    - Tower of Omens Deluxe Playset with ???
    - ThunderTank Deluxe Vehicle with Snarf
    - Bike with Lion-O and Drill Accessory (combines with the ThunderTank)
    - Bike with Tygra and LED Accessory (combines with the ThunderTank)
    - Lizard Cannon with Slithe and Missle-Launching Feature

"Life Size" Role Play new style:
    - Sword of Omens (with extendable blade + lights & sounds)
    From the looks of it, I'm pretty sure it also transforms the hilt when it extends and opens the eye of Thundera!!!
    Last edited by synthalus; February 1, 2011 at 09:31am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Will lion-o and mumm-ra have light up eyes. To me that's a must!
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Ah, good call on ThunderLynx being the magnetic action! I'll reserve my final judgement for when we see final pics or when people start posting their own pics... but right now I'm not too enthused.

synthalus - thanks for breaking that down for me
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

They have some good photos posted over at superherohype.com. Overall though, I'm not to impressed with the toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    They have some good photos posted over at superherohype.com. Overall though, I'm not to impressed with the toys.
    These are the same images that were on toynewsi.com

Not to make light of people losing their jobs(I've been there), but I wish ToyFare had lasted one more issue. I think the next one was supposed to have featured the Thundercats toys.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I am opposite of most of you, I really dig those images. I naver had a problem with Bandai's lines (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Power Rangers) and the Thundertank looks kick ass! I think Snarf is really well done too

Love Lion-O's armor, reminds me of a more regal He-Man Snake Armor

You will be mine Thundertank, oh yes you will be mine
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I do think the designs for Lion-O and Snarf are pretty cool.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Im not ultra crazy about the proportions, but bandai figures are ALWAYS fun and durable! I have a feeling these will be a insta sell out for the first month or two, and feel the Thundertank will be the "easy" to find item whilst Grune or the Kat's will be the chaser of the lot.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am opposite of most of you, I really dig those images. I naver had a problem with Bandai's lines (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Power Rangers)
    I'm with you; Bandai has consistently made some nice figures, and I've usually picked up a power ranger or two (or one of the random monsters) and I've always been happy with 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Im not ultra crazy about the proportions, but bandai figures are ALWAYS fun and durable!
    And that's a major reason right there! Always durable and tough toys; fun to play with.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I think those figures look okay, I suppose. I really don't mind the new designs. Something just always looks off about 3.75" figures to me though. They're just really not my cup of tea.
    I'm remaining optimistic about the deluxe 6" figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    And that's a major reason right there! Always durable and tough toys; fun to play with.
    I like your style my friend! The power ranger lines even though I backed away after Dino Thunder, are still a pick up here and there, they look great and have alot of play/posing value. However the big ticket zords arent worth picking up, lack of paint apps and more solid then pose parts would make me buy the japan version insted and even those cost a arm and leg.

Im sure people will be like "Argggh these are stupid!!" but then again so was 200X but it was fun! I got to slime a NEW He-Man toy, I never thought I could do that without being 3 and changing my diaper out of excitement........

granted after I slimed a 200X He-Man I still had to change my diaper...
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I'm actually really excited for these! First off, it will be nice to have an action figure line I can go to the store and find (Hopefully!). I love MOTUC, but I miss the excitement of finding them in stores.

The only thing I don't like, and it's minor, in the hip articulation on Cheetara, with the "V" joint, I hope it's not gonna be hard to pose her looking like she's running. I found it odd Bandai did this considering all of the female rangers for Power Rangers get the "U" joint like the male rangers. Oh well, I' still excited, and Snarf looks soooo cute, aww!

Lion-O looks really great though. I can't wait for more photos to surface, especially for Wily-kit and Wily-kat and Mumm-Ra.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    The only thing I don't like, and it's minor, in the hip articulation on Cheetara, with the "V" joint, I hope it's not gonna be hard to pose her looking like she's running. I found it odd Bandai did this considering all of the female rangers for Power Rangers get the "U" joint like the male rangers. Oh well, I' still excited, and Snarf looks soooo cute, aww!.
    Im a fan of Cheetara's V...... take that as you will. The female rangers had it for a while too around the In Space era, it really made them look more female then just a generic U joint, plus its a nod to the vintage figure who shared articlation with Pummyra!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    The BBTS preorder pages are sold out! WTH?! I didn't get to put my orders in

Are they already THAT popular?

Heroic Warrior
    A couple oddities I noticed...

Cheetara no longer has any spots! In the promo pic, it looks like she only has spots on her shoulders, but even those are gone in the action figure pic.

Are they no longer going to have the Thundercats emblem appear on their outfits? In all the pics I've seen, each character just has a red circle on their uniform. It would seem weird to leave that off the action figures, unless it's planned as some sort of hidden feature a la Battle Beasts and their heat sensitive symbols.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobubott View Post
    Are they no longer going to have the Thundercats emblem appear on their outfits? In all the pics I've seen, each character just has a red circle on their uniform. It would seem weird to leave that off the action figures, unless it's planned as some sort of hidden feature a la Battle Beasts and their heat sensitive symbols.
    I'd assume that most of the time, the circles are empty until Lion-O calls them.

I wonder why Lion-O is the only one with Blue Eyes? Chosen One?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobubott View Post
    A couple oddities I noticed...

Cheetara no longer has any spots! In the promo pic, it looks like she only has spots on her shoulders, but even those are gone in the action figure pic.

Either heat sensitive or button pressed, remember its used to gather the Thundercats like a rally cry. They don't need the symbols on 24/7
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

The front of the top in the action figure also has a bottom on it that goes into the cat symbol (assuming it lights up with the cat symbol), where as the art doesn't have that. Her wrist also has an odd scratch mark (looks like scratched paint).

It also looks like the either left the back of Lion-o's legs unpainted or he isn't wearing anything on his calves.

I will wait to see what the 6 inch figures look like, as it stands right now I see a Sword of Omens in my future.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    The BBTS preorder pages are sold out! WTH?! I didn't get to put my orders in

Are they already THAT popular?
    Could be the solicitation hit a snag, BBTS uses sold out as a signifier for unavailable as well. They had to do that with their Justice League when Mattel cancelled their waves on them.

So just keep looking, If you really want them you might want to email them as well. Sometimes they do wait lists

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Meh. Giant and limited in articulation. I'll wait for the toys; that's bascially a statue.
    At least it's a cheap statue! At $35 i might actually be tempted to pick that up!

I don't mind the redesigns, although I definitely prefer the classic look - my biggest problem is that panthro makes me think of cowboy bebop every time I look at him.

And there's nothing wrong with anime, I like anime - vampire hunter D, Record of the Lodoss War, Project A-Ko, Lensman, LILY Cat, Ghost in the Shell... mostly older anime, Full Metal Alchemist is the newest anime that I like. The newer style of animation that we've been seeing in Transformers Animated, or like, "The Batman" just does not appeal to me.

And while I don't mind Lion-O's new hairdo, i wish it was a little less Goku-inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Could be the solicitation hit a snag, BBTS uses sold out as a signifier for unavailable as well. They had to do that with their Justice League when Mattel cancelled their waves on them.

So just keep looking, If you really want them you might want to email them as well. Sometimes they do wait lists
    I have a feeling it might be something besides a legitimate sell-out since the names of everything listed was changed to "Placeholder" - they don't usually do that if they are just out of stock or out of pre-orders
    Last edited by BergerKing; February 1, 2011 at 11:27pm.

Well this is good news. I could definately see myself buying the 8'' Classic line and the 6'' new line. Even if the only one I pick up from the Classis is Mumm-Ra, so he towers over the new Tcats in all his classic glory.

This really does look good for Tcats fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    At least it's a cheap statue! At $35 i might actually be tempted to pick that up!
    Oh yeah, I got no beef with that! For fans of that stuff that's fantastic! I'm not just as in to statues, though, it's not like I need to care with that classics line coming out. Either way it is still cool that they're making something so big so affordable.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.