Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Some official pics are up at toynewsi: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=album&...ze=800&start=0

It's what I expected...sadly... so it'll be a big ol' pass for me. Soft sculpts, bland paint... just doesn't do it for me. I think the Thundertank is a bit of a downgrade style-wise too... although this says ThunderLynx... is it the same thing? Maybe they lost the trademark? Oh well. I really didn't need to collect another toy line. Hopefully the classics are better.
    I think Bandai has done a good job with the action figures. They look exactly like their cartoon counterparts. It's like MOTUC Adora, Catra and She-Ra. They look "plain" because they are their cartoon counterparts...on steroids.

But yeah. The only things I don't really like that I see so far:

- Cheetara has a "V" crotch. Hate those.
    - Lion-O's hands seem pretty darn big.

I don't know a whole lot about Thundercats, but I preferred 80's Cheetara. I had her figure and loved it. I thought I still had it, but I can't find her anywhere.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    - Lion-O's hands seem pretty darn big.
    A lot of Bandai 4" figures have larger hands to handle weapons and accessories.

I think the larger figures will have more normal hands
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Still not a Thundercats fan. Hoping the show will win me over but I don't see myself collecting the merchandise even if it does. Not to big on cats. Battlecat Panthor and Carnivus aside, I don't see myself ever buying a 'cat based' line of anything. (Though I like lions and tiger and panthers but as they are not anthropomorphized.) I've always seen cats as being feminine that's probably one of the main reasons I never got into thundercats, it just seemed off to me as a kid. not to mention this...

CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    From my understanding, there will be Bandai’s Thundercats 3 ¾’’ line, 6 inch line, and 8 inch collectors lines. Both the 3 ¾ line and the 6 inch line are supposed to be for the new designs, while the 8’’ line is for the classics.

I’m all for plenty of selection, but I think it would be cooler if they maybe had some of the new designs in the same scale as the old designs. If I get any, it will probably be the 8 inch line, as thats the closest to classics, but I think they’re missing some cross sale opportunity by having 3 lines in 3 different scales.

Not to mention the other two collectors lines in other scales from other companies.

What scale was the old line? Wasn't it about 8 inches... maybe closer to 7? I remember Thundercats being 2-3 inches taller than MOTU figures.

For me if MOTUC is 6inches and Thundercats was 8 inches I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it, I would be more concerned with style compatibility. I could easily pass off the Cats being taller, I don't need He-man and Lion-o to see eye to eye.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well it looks like I'll be passing on the 4" figures. As I expected, they are your typical Bandai 4" figures, which suck. I still remember how awful the Teen Titans figures were from Bandai. It's a shame cause that Thundertank looked pretty cool.

Bandai's larger figures though are usually pretty good so I really hope the collector lines are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I've always seen cats as being feminine that's probably one of the main reasons I never got into thundercats, it just seemed off to me as a kid.
    We each are entitled to our own opinions(I think Black Swan was a terribly overrated movie that reeked of pretension even though everyone else seems to be in love with it) but I have never before heard of anyone not liking Thundercats because cats are feminine. I'd hate to think what you feel about bunny rabbits.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I've always seen cats as being feminine that's probably one of the main reasons I never got into thundercats, it just seemed off to me as a kid. not to mention this...
    Um this is Broadway. That's a whole other beast. What's feminine about Savannah lions? Or sleek awesome jaguars? Lion-O is every bit as masculine as He-Man. They are both roid cases with swords, and Lion-O didn't have an alter ego who wore pink/purple. He was all lion, all the time!

So about the possibility of Mutant updates. What does everyone want to see? I personally wouldn't mind Vultureman with wings so he can fly, or at least glide. He'd probably be more of a pest that way.

Ssslithe, Monkian and Jackalman could use a little tweaking. I'd like to see them all a tad more physical, with Monkian being mammoth, having him stronger than any TCat.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; February 3, 2011 at 02:18am.

First look at Bandai's 8" Collectors Lion-O:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=view&a...ze=800&start=0

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post

I freaking want that figure!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Way better than I expected!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    So about the possibility of Mutant updates. What does everyone want to see?
    I'd like to see an explanation given as to why Ssslithe was the only mutant with an actual name. All of the others were just named after their race. That always bugged me as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post

As much as I wanted Mattel to have been the company making Thundercats toys, I no longer care. That is perfect. I'm so happy I didn't get into the statues or stactions. That toy will do just fine.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 3, 2011 at 10:43am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

That figure looks great! I just hope we get all the Thundercats done this way! Also what is that blue thing hanging on Lion-O's side? Also I wonder if he will come with a small Sword of Omens that fits into the... Oh crap! I forget the name of that claw thing he wears on his hand!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Don't know if I'm getting the new style line yet but that Lion-o has just sold me on the the classic style line!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Very nice! So much better than I expected.

I am very impressed, I was already in for the small figures but the collectors Lion-O just looks great!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

AWESOME. Looks fantastic, and that'll blend RIGHT in with the MotUC line if anyone wants to mix 'em. Can't wait to see what Mum-Ra looks like!

Man, this is crazy. I haven't paid attention to Thundercats in years, but I'm getting right into this.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Also I wonder if he will come with a small Sword of Omens that fits into the... Oh crap! I forget the name of that claw thing he wears on his hand!
    Claw shield? I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Also I wonder if he will come with a small Sword of Omens that fits into the... Oh crap! I forget the name of that claw thing he wears on his hand!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw a description that said he comes with the claw, sword of omens, and the small sword of omens. I'm assuming the blue thing on his side is how you attach the claw to his belt.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Did'nt the Sword of Omen fit inside the claw shield???
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobubott View Post
    Claw shield? I think?
    Yup Claw Shield, I know original name right

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    Did'nt the Sword of Omen fit inside the claw shield???
    In the cartoon I think it fit inside and the claw shield attached to his leg
    Last edited by markatisu; February 3, 2011 at 12:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hated the "new style" toys for Lion-O and Cheetara. Not so much the updated looks, but they just didn't look like quality toys to me. Zero interest.

This "classic" Lion-O looks terrific (if a bit shiny, but I think a lot of Bandai toys I've seen suffer from that). I'll probably pick one up.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    I hope they are a big success I think the problem MOTU faced in 2002 and 2003 was they kept moving the show around never could find it an audience He-man vs Snakemen was awesome! Cartoon network kept moving the slot around
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I hated the "new style" toys for Lion-O and Cheetara. Not so much the updated looks, but they just didn't look like quality toys to me. Zero interest.

This "classic" Lion-O looks terrific (if a bit shiny, but I think a lot of Bandai toys I've seen suffer from that). I'll probably pick one up.
    My thoughts exactly. I dislike Thundercats (the original cartoon) but damn that classic Lion-O figure looks bad-ass! The new Thundercat ones look a bit generic though.

I am definitely going to pick up the sword (I also had it as a kid) and am looking forward to checking out the new cartoon (I liked the preview art). Tt may turn me in to a fan... never know!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com