Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    all im getting is the sword and some of the 8inch

classic lion-0 looks great but i wish he was 6in and not 8in
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

That new figure is AMAZING.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    If Classic Lion-O is that badazz then I can’t wait to see Mumm-Ra!

Even though they are not to scale I’d use Classics Lion-O as Claudius, Lion-O’s father, in my playtime flashbacks.

I’m dying for NYTF and for a spy video of new toon footage.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    That Lion-O is awesome. Too bad they only have two 8’’ classics figures coming out initially. I’d probably be buying waves if they had ‘em. Really looking forward to seeing Mumm-Ra, as well as price points, and when we can expect to see these guys on shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    First look at Bandai's 8" Collectors Lion-O:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=view&a...ze=800&start=0

That looks awesome!!

I can't wait to see the rest of this line.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs059.snc6/168979_1830613569551_1366713075_2019859_3891144_n. jpg
    Bought

I mostly like it, but it does look a bit too bright. His skin and hair colour seem way off, for example. It could just be an effect of the image, though, as its no doubt been tweaked a little in Photoshop. I’ll wait until I see pictures from Toy Fair, under normal lighting.

Some call me 'Wayne' Blast Attack!'s Avatar
    yup. I will definitely be buying this. I want to buy that sweet MEZCO 20" version. I love me some Thundercats!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=203705

I'd really like to see Two-Bad sooner than later please.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the cheetara but it looks like you can twist her leg at the thigh. That particular articulation makes no sense to me

Osbert looks like something from icanhascheezburger.com

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I like the cheetara but it looks like you can twist her leg at the thigh. That particular articulation makes no sense to me

Osbert looks like something from icanhascheezburger.com
    They like to do that to females, especially when they give them a V hip articulation. It kind of helps with letting them sit without their legs being as far out.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    They like to do that to females, especially when they give them a V hip articulation. It kind of helps with letting them sit without their legs being as far out.

ok. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    ok. thanks.
    They at least put it in a spot that it won't mess up her costume design. My 12inch Movie Sue Storm stands because of that, I like the costume to look smooth on my figures.

And it only kind of fixes the issue, she will still have a wider sitting area, but her legs won't splay out as much.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Oh yeah, totally getting these classic figures.
    END OF LINE

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    That pic with He-Man makes me sad. I wish Lion-O was going to be that size.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    That pic with He-Man makes me sad. I wish Lion-O was going to be that size.
    You're sad because Lion-O is bigger?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Apparently 6-6.5 inch figures really makes some people upset I guess

I don't understand it because the originals were big so it makes sense the classics match them
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    That is what I kept getting from people in this thread, I mean if they were twice the size of MOTUC I could see a problem but then being 2 inches taller is acceptable to me. Even more so since they are a different species.

I could however see an issue with if it was three and five inches though.

I kind of like that the 'Cats are larger. Because the body type is more lithe it kind of makes sense... almost like the difference between humans and Na'Vii in Avatar. It makes them seem more alien.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    That is what I kept getting from people in this thread, I mean if they were twice the size of MOTUC I could see a problem but then being 2 inches taller is acceptable to me. Even more so since they are a different species.

I could however see an issue with if it was three and five inches though.
    Idk look at the scale difference between motif and dcu... motuc isn't that mg bigger but its enough that they look really out of place. I feel like these will be the same situation....especially next to carnivus.. I mean its fine but def slightly disappointing. Plus two inhes is actually quit alot in these figures

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Idk look at the scale difference between motif and dcu... motuc isn't that mg bigger but its enough that they look really out of place. I feel like these will be the same situation....especially next to carnivus.. I mean its fine but def slightly disappointing. Plus two inhes is actually quit alot in these figures
    But they are supposed to be, people keep forgetting these are classic retro figures. The original TC were 8", why should they scale them down so they fit in with other lines and lose the retro feel

For me it would be disappointing to put these new classics alongside the the vintage figures if they were shorter.

Its the exact same as MOTUC, they are bigger than their vintage not shorter.

What sold me on MOTUC was holding He-Man and thinking they finally got it right, a smaller than original Thundercat figure will not make me feel that way.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Movie mayhem!
    I don't think people are necessarily "forgetting" anything. I think they have a personal preference. I understand your rational but alot of people like their figures to or wish their figures fit in together better. I understand why they are the way they are but I've always wanted to have motu and tcats figures that were in the same scale. So im personally disappointed by that aspect. I've heard a lot of fans talk about wanting the two lines to fit in together and be in scale.

I think there is definitely an argument to be made that you can sell more figures if you put it in the same scale as other popular lines that have a similar audience. This was brought up in regards to DCUC and MOTUC when the MOTUC first started. I for one would have started collecting DCUC had MOTUC been in scale with it for example and others have mentioned this as well. Mattel could have made more money maybe. Now I will concede that I have ended up really enjoying how chunky the MOTUC figures are but i'm still disappointed they are out of scale with DCUC figures... especially Superman and Hawkman.

I mean the MOTUC line is a good example. Its retro inspired yes, but obviously not at the same scale as the original.

I care less about the fact that theses guys will be completely out of scale with my dcu figs...motu and tcats are more linked to me. Its not even that I expected them to be....just wish they were.

Again I think its totally valid that you want big figures... but other fans always wished for smaller figures that fit in with their motu toys. Its just a matter of preference. Obviously both can't be pleased, I'm happy for those that like that its in this scale... but I'm personally disappointed. I don't think its going to be a deal breaker this time though just because that figure looks AWESOME! Me Want!

I could fudge the scale between Lion-O and MOTUC as long as he doesn't look like Gygor next to them.

Lion-O looks Awesome! The way the neckcut was done isn't aesthetically pleasing, but it's an easy thing to overlook because for the rest this figure looks like pure awesomeness! I'm super thrilled were getting super articulated ThunderCats figures with great sculpts. This is what I wanted for years and finally here they are!!! I was skeptical of Bandai at first, even more so after seeing the 4" figures with out of proportion hands etc. but I have to say Bandai has nailed it! I couldn't be more happier about it!

Now here's to hoping the 8" classic collector line will last and gives us at the very least all of the previously released vintage figures and then some. I'd love to see the Warrior Maidens, Mandora the Evil Chaser and Claudius along with a lot more villains!!!

It would have been nice to have all figures in the same scale like 6". I don't mind the larger scale on the ThunderCats anymore. MOTUC are taller and muscular than most figures, and the ThunderCats are even taller now but slimmer. Just keep in mind that Lion-O is at least a head taller than the other cats which means they would most likely be the same height as MOTUC figures, so it shouldn't matter that much imo.

The way I see it;
    Eternians are all equally muscular and tall. A lot more than Earthlings (unless Earthlings live for over 10 years on Eternia, then they will grow taller as well *Marlena*). This is because of the gravity, the suns and the center of the Universe. ThunderCats are just a taller race of Cats from Thundera and the Mutants grow taller on Plundar. Both races have a standard/slim bodymass unlike a muscular body from the people of Eternia.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn