Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post

It would have been nice to have all figures in the same scale like 6". I don't mind the larger scale on the ThunderCats anymore. MOTUC are taller and muscular than most figures, and the ThunderCats are even taller now but slimmer. Just keep in mind that Lion-O is at least a head taller than the other cats which means they would most likely be the same height as MOTUC figures, so it shouldn't matter that much imo.
    Interesting, I guess I hadn't though about that. Maybe it'll be less obnoxious than I think then.

In collecting figures there are TWO things I've REALLY wanted figure wise and those are a He-man and Super Man figure that fit in perfectly together and a MOTUC and TCATS line that do. Superman didn't happen, and its looking like the TCATS is about to be out of scale too so its sad for me. But yea maybe this gives me new hope on this issue.

The way I see it;
    Eternians are all equally muscular and tall. A lot more than Earthlings (unless Earthlings live for over 10 years on Eternia, then they will grow taller as well *Marlena*). This is because of the gravity, the suns and the center of the Universe. ThunderCats are just a taller race of Cats from Thundera and the Mutants grow taller on Plundar. Both races have a standard/slim bodymass unlike a muscular body from the people of Eternia.
    I've heard people mention this a lot in how they rationalize the DCUC MOTUC difference... and if it works for you thats all that matters. For me I just think they look ridiculous ... and I don't like to have to rationalize why my figures look weird together. Its not as big of a deal with merman or beast man or characters that are creatures ... but putting the human characters next to each other they just look really out of scale.

I realize I'm being a bit... ocd about it maybe haha

I wonder if Bandai would consider getting the Silverhawks license???

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Wow, when I saw the Lion-O statue, I thought of a song from The Lonely Island...
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I realize I'm being a bit... ocd about it maybe haha
    Just a bit

I mean in the end it comes down to the fact Thundercats fans are getting figures, I am never the apologist for corporations but in all honesty nobody had to remake the classic line. The DVD's did modest business and the comic books were just a meh saleswise. Frankly I am surprised WB is actually making a new show, for almost almost 2 decades they were happy to just keep it locked up.

So it is what it is, and I would also caution everyone to wait till the actual figures are on display to compare them to MOTUC. We do not know if they will all be the same size or what, it very wel could be Cheetara, Tygra and a majority are only a few inches taller than a MOTUC figure with Lion-O and Mumm-Ra being much taller which is perfectly toon accurate.

I think anyone claiming they will look stupid needs to wait till there is factual evidence they indeed will look ridiculous on the same shelf
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I could fudge the scale between Lion-O and MOTUC as long as he doesn't look like Gygor next to them.
    This is me. To me MOTUC being 6 inches puts them at 6+ feet tall, and with the Thundercats being 8 inches puts them at 8+ feet tall. Which in mind is within the realm of possibility, I tend to get more upsets with things like Kid Flash and Sinestro in DCUC, while not all figures are completely perfect there are some figures you just notice are horribly out of scale.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I dig the classic Lion-O.
    Might be in for these depending on availability, characters, and price.

I'm going to pass on the 'new' figures, though.
    They look good, but I'm just not that into them.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Extremely disappointed with the new show design, like Transformers: Animated I just can't stand the anime look. And don't think I don't anime in general, look at Robotech. I love Robotech, it was a cartoon, but would completely translate to live-action easily. Everything looked proportionate and right, and the stories blew me away at 10 years old. These were well-written and much more adult in tone than any other cartoon I'd ever seen. The angst of love, death (holy crap! they killed main characters on TV, even before Optimus Prime was killed in Transformers: The Movie).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Am I the only one that noticed Lion-o's eyebrows are missing?

Or prehaps that the clawsheild attachs to his belt?
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I think he has eyebrows they are just light orange/tan

yeah it looks like it will just slide onto his thigh over the blue sheath (you probably put the small sword in the sheath so it looks like the claw with sword from the toon)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    But they are supposed to be, people keep forgetting these are classic retro figures. The original TC were 8", why should they scale them down so they fit in with other lines and lose the retro feel
    the original line were 6".

http://www.thundercatslair.org/toys/about.html

Mini ThunderCats
    In addition to the six inch action figure line...
    I wonder if they're going to make Mummra 8" or bigger.

Movie mayhem!
    Just a bit

I mean in the end it comes down to the fact Thundercats fans are getting figures, I am never the apologist for corporations but in all honesty nobody had to remake the classic line. The DVD's did modest business and the comic books were just a meh saleswise. Frankly I am surprised WB is actually making a new show, for almost almost 2 decades they were happy to just keep it locked up.

So it is what it is, and I would also caution everyone to wait till the actual figures are on display to compare them to MOTUC. We do not know if they will all be the same size or what, it very wel could be Cheetara, Tygra and a majority are only a few inches taller than a MOTUC figure with Lion-O and Mumm-Ra being much taller which is perfectly toon accurate.

I think anyone claiming they will look stupid needs to wait till there is factual evidence they indeed will look ridiculous on the same shelf
    Oh I agree with you there... I'm definitely just really excited to get these figures and have them be as cool as they look to be. All I was saying is that that is the one gripe I have and I do hope that maybe like you've said they do end up looking pretty good with the MOTU line. At the end of the day... I'm buying the anyway (money provided lol) because he looks SO good! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by the headmasters View Post
    See thats what I thought, I don't remember the old figures being THAT huge, I just remember them not really looking great with my MOTU figures. I wasn't as into Tcats though when I was a kid and never owned the toys myself just played with friends toys who had them once I moved from Alaska. Got more into them during the 200x days when that comic was out.

Just a bit
    THEY MUST ALL BE THE SAME SIZE!!!! *twitch twitch*!
    Last edited by Patreek; February 4, 2011 at 03:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For those of you upset with the scale on the Thundercats Classics toys compared to MOTUC, did you own any Transformers? They had handguns & tape decks bigger than cars.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    For those of you upset with the scale on the Thundercats Classics toys compared to MOTUC, did you own any Transformers? They had handguns & tape decks bigger than cars.
    I was more bothered by the scale issues with their robot modes. Galvatron being twice the size of Rodimus always annoyed me. Can't wait to own the Masterpiece version so I can finally have them battle face to face like they did in the movie.

Their relative scale to MOTUC is not a concern, thought it would have been cool, I just think that 8" is a bit of an overkill with toy prices and the potential for even bigger figures in the line. Thundercats didn't have the consistent height of characters that MOTU did. Also Classic TC characters are not highly detailed designs. I'm thinking that maybe they're making it 8" so that they can be in scale with their upcoming deluxe figures for the new series, which has a bit more going for it. But I absolutely love the sculpt.

I think he has eyebrows they are just light orange/tan
    I blew it up in photoshop, their totally MIA. Lion-os eyebrows were always darker, even by toon standards are black. Guess its sharpie time!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

So have they announced the availability yet of the collectors line (retail stores vs. online Matty type store)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

Oh god. I'd really be broke then.

Just the thought of a "classic" Buzzsaw, Monstar, Windhammer, Pokerface, Mumbo Jumbo...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    So have they announced the availability yet of the collectors line (retail stores vs. online Matty type store)?
    It looks like they will be available at retail.

BBTS had the classics and all the other figures up for preorder but had to pull all of them. It seems they "jumped the gun" and listed them too early. They aren't listed on the site anymore but my preorders are all still in my account.

I blew it up in photoshop, their totally MIA. Lion-os eyebrows were always darker, even by toon standards are black. Guess its sharpie time!
    The vintage LJN figure did not have eyebrows either;

Attached Images Attached Images

The solicitations they have done point to being all retail. To my knowledge Bandai does not have a US store online like Hasbrotoyshop.com and MattyCollector for their toylines (they do have one at http://store.bandai-ent.com/ for their dvd/manga/entertainment).

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I hope that they do and that they're 9" tall.

I believe BigBadToyStore has "Classic" 8 inch Lion_O with Tygra up for Pre-order a few days back. I managed to snag one...

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I hope that they do and that they're 9" tall.

The vintage LJN figure did not have eyebrows either;

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1296870522
    Their there, just thin. I have 5 vintage next to me, some lighter, but none as light as the new proto. The second edition with the high glossy face has REALLY dark ones.

I will only be collecting the 8" Collector line. I can't wait for the preorders to go up! I still wish Mattel had gotten the license, but from the looks of that Lion-O, I am very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    I believe BigBadToyStore has "Classic" 8 inch Lion_O with Tygra up for Pre-order a few days back. I managed to snag one...
    Everything from Bandai America related to Thundercats it's already Sold Out in BBTS. That's amazing, since there wasn't a description, nor image, nor price, nor released date, nothing. Those are going to be really hard to get dude!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread