Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Everything from Bandai America related to Thundercats it's already Sold Out in BBTS. That's amazing, since there wasn't a description, nor image, nor price, nor released date, nothing. Those are going to be really hard to get dude!
    I don't think they will be hard to get. They are going to be all over the stores. I suppose certain figures might be difficult, but it's really hard to say a sell-out at BBTS is impressive without knowing how much they were offering initially.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Finally getting a chance to post about this....

I am so glad Thundercats are back - one of my favourites when growing up.

BUT

I think I might just stick to the "classics" line - that Lion-O looks quite impressive.

The new line - particularly the designs I was a bit "meh" about when I first saw them - I predicted they would look like that.

I'll have to wait and see the full toyline obviously before making any decisions.

I can't wait to see Mumm-R and the mutants.

you k now what would be a cool collectors toy?

A sword of omens that lights up in sequence, and lengthens as you say each part of the magic phrase 'Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats'...and at the HO, a little projector shoots out the cats symbol.

Sure, it'd be expensive as hell to produce, but boy, what a toy with fun factor
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't think they will be hard to get. They are going to be all over the stores. I suppose certain figures might be difficult, but it's really hard to say a sell-out at BBTS is impressive without knowing how much they were offering initially.
    Yeah I think they will be plentiful, just from my toy searches today is a list of stores I found Ben 10/Power Rangers toys by Bandai at

Walmart
    Target
    Kmart
    Big Lots
    Tuesday Morning
    TJ Maxx
    Marshalls
    Kohls
    Toys R Us
    Walgreens
    CVS

This is not including more regional stores like Shopko, KB Toys (the ones that still exist), FAO Schwarz, Pamida, or Alco.

Then you add in the following retailers online that will carry them, just off the top of my head

BBTS
    Entertainment Earth
    Diamond Distributors (for comic book shops)

So I think people will be fine when it comes to finding them, Bandai is not Mattel or Hasbro. Their toy selling philosophy does not include the terms shortpacked or bad case ratio
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Everything from Bandai America related to Thundercats it's already Sold Out in BBTS. That's amazing, since there wasn't a description, nor image, nor price, nor released date, nothing. Those are going to be really hard to get dude!

Like I said earlier in this thread, BBTS had the classics and all the other figures up for preorder but had to pull all of them. They listed them too early and Bandai asked them to remove them until their official announcement at Toy Fair. They didn't sell out yet. If you look up the Thundercats items now it just says "placeholder." They'll go back up for preorder once Bandai gives the OK. If you did get a preorder in before they pulled them, it's still good. They just can't accept any new preorders until the announcement.

BBTS did this last April with the Green Lantern Classics figures from Mattel. Mattel asked them to remove them until their reveal at SDCC and then BBTS put them back up.

yeah BBTS has a knack of 'leaking' lists of toys. They have been doing it a lot lately. I think they are doing it to drive traffic to their site.

If they keep doing it I bet they will burn bridges with companies.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Wow the 8'' Thundercats Classics Lion-O is almost cool enough to make me want to buy MOTUC to display them all together.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Shameless plug for my new website, it went live today! It will be more focused on the new animated series and new products being released. ThunderCats Lair will always be a great place for ThunderCats information, I'm just taking a diversion from it

Thanks for your support http://www.thundercatsnow.com

Ok might be a dumb questions but do we know when these figures are coming out? I thought it was sometime in the summer but wanted to make sure.
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up that's optional.

8 inch Tygra. He and Lion-O will be 16.99 retail. I think that's a steal in today's action figure market. Out Fall 2011.

That looks pretty cool. But with already so much added articulation I wonder why they skipped it for the torso

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    8 inch Tygra. He and Lion-O will be 16.99 retail. I think that's a steal in today's action figure market. Out Fall 2011.
    Wha...? You made me do a classic double-take! 16.99? That IS a steal! Especially at 8 inches; that's the market from a few years ago! Sigma 6 figures were about 14.99 right when they started, then worked up to 20 bucks and they had a ton of accessories. At today's prices these should at least be 20. Wow, maybe I will get all of these!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Last edited by SCB; February 10, 2011 at 05:45pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Shouldn't Tygra's costume be more of a green color? Or was that LJN's screw-up?

I LOVE that Lion-O can do the "sight beyond sight" pose.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 10, 2011 at 05:55pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Awesome! Sold! I can't wait for these figures come out cause that's cheap.
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up that's optional.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Shouldn't Tygra's costume be more of a green color? Or was that LJN's screw-up?
    Yeah, LJN's figures weren't exactly show accurate. His costume was blue in the cartoon.

I personally think that Tygra is awful. To me his face is too long and the sculpt is cheap looking. Seriously I've seen better customs on Ebay I'm a huge classic ThunderCats fan, but afraid I'm passing on this. It's not good enough for a Collectors line.

I think $17 is expensive for such a generic looking figure.

This is what Tygra should resemble:

Last edited by blackiecats; February 10, 2011 at 06:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I personally think that Tygra is awful. To me his face is too long and the sculpt is cheap looking. Seriously I've seen better customs on Ebay I'm a huge classic ThunderCats fan, but afraid I'm passing on this. It's not good enough for a Collectors line.

I think $17 is expensive for such a generic looking figure.

This is what Tygra should resemble:

http://www.hardhero.com/thundercats/tygra_375.jpg
    Yeah I liked the Lion-O Classic, the Tygra just looks off a bit. His head (between his afro hair) seems way too thin. The new animated Tygra figure looks much much better!

Maybe its a bad picture or angle, MattyCollector for example takes awful pics of MOTUC so I will wait till more surface to render a decision

I am all in for the new animated toys though, each time we see more I am just that much more on board. The Tygra is excellent, the Lion-O is awesome, and the Thundertank with Snarf rocks!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Yep, I’m definitely buying these. Can’t wait to see Mumm-Ra.

These promo pics do look pretty good, but I'm going to wait till we see pics from the Toy Fair floor before I pass judgement.

The 4 in figures, I will admit, look much better than I thought they would.

I agree about the Classics Tygra. He does look off. At $16.99, I hardly call these a "steal." They're the retail average for a mass market figure like this.

I think it's how shiny Tygra is. He looks like a toy while Lion-O looks like a collector's item.

Although I'm liking the collector's series, I'm not digging the wrist articulation. It looks horrible in the Lion-O "sight beyond sight" pose.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

This looks pretty good so far, I do hope the line does well! The Thunder Tank looks awesome! Can't wait to see some better photos of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Although I'm liking the collector's series, I'm not digging the wrist articulation. It looks horrible in the Lion-O "sight beyond sight" pose.
    Well it is a ball joint, I mean it will make for better posing but I think they could have hid it better.

I think Tygra looks pretty well, but I do wish the blues on his outfit matched.