Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

I'll be curious to see if one toyline sells better than the other(Classics VS 2011).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'll be curious to see if one toyline sells better than the other(Classics VS 2011).
    We will probably never know, I don't think Bandai ever really releases that kind of info. Not to the same degree Mattel or Hasbro does

I would suspect the 2011 new animated series figures will sell better just because they have the show which instantly varies the consumer base vs just the classics
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    We will probably never know, I don't think Bandai ever really releases that kind of info. Not to the same degree Mattel or Hasbro does

I would suspect the 2011 new animated series figures will sell better just because they have the show which instantly varies the consumer base vs just the classics
    Unless they discontinue both lines due to slow sales, if one line outlasts the other, that's probably the best bet.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Unless they discontinue both lines due to slow sales, if one line outlasts the other, that's probably the best bet.
    Bandai discontinue a line

They still make Dragonball toys by the case load, probably the real gem for Thundercats fans is that Bandai has a VERY low threshold for success.

Again its not Mattel or Hasbro, as a toy making company I think their philosophy is ***** the license

But I agree that we will probably be able to tell just by looking at the offerings, if we get a small number of classic figures and a crapload of new animated stuff and the cycle repeats then I would imagine we could reach a consensus the classics are not doing too well
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I hope they show the deluxe 6" 2011 figures this weekend. I'm particularly curious about those.

Bandai discontinue a line

They still make Dragonball toys by the case load, probably the real gem for Thundercats fans is that Bandai has a VERY low threshold for success.

Again its not Mattel or Hasbro, as a toy making company I think their philosophy is ***** the license
    You're making me very happy that Bandai got the license.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm still on the fence with these. Maybe it's because the Horsemen spoiled us with Motuc that it's hard for me to accept these Thundercats classics. I will probably get them if they release the entire core team. I'd like to see Panthro and Cheetara.

I'm likely getting the classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Can't wait to see Mumm-Ra as he was one of my favourite figs overall
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    8'' Tygra Anybody?

Discussion on previous page.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    So, are the 8 inch classic Thundercats going to be in regular retail stores along with the new cartoon versions? Or will their availability be more limited?

While I'm not really thrilled about having to 'hunt' stores for these figures, I also don't want to deal with another 'MattyCollector' situation either.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    So, are the 8 inch classic Thundercats going to be in regular retail stores along with the new cartoon versions? Or will their availability be more limited?

While I'm not really thrilled about having to 'hunt' stores for these figures, I also don't want to deal with another 'MattyCollector' situation either.
    We won't know the details till after this weekend, all signs though point to retail release as well as the usual online stores (BBTS, Entertainment Earth)

And trust me if its Bandai I doubt you have to search for anything, I have never had to hunt for a toy from a Bandai release ever (that includes Teen Titans which had some of the more rare released figures)

JOIN THE GROUP...

THAT was slythe? And I'm guessing this was on Thundera?

I dunno what to think just yet. The production values are pretty amazing for a TV series. looks on par or better than the clone wars......I like the characterization of Lion-O. just gotta see if the fun factor is there
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    THAT was slythe? And I'm guessing this was on Thundera?

I dunno what to think just yet. The production values are pretty amazing for a TV series. looks on par or better than the clone wars......I like the characterization of Lion-O. just gotta see if the fun factor is there
    That's not the new series. I don't know what that is and I disliked everything except the end. Lion-O playing with Slythe's jaw was a perfect example of what a boy in a man's body would do in that situation.

Heroic Warrior
    Ummmmm.

That was different.

I'm not sure if that is something I would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    8'' Tygra Anybody?
    Yes. Please.
    Last edited by midor; February 12, 2011 at 04:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by BEETLEJACK View Post
    That's not the new series. I don't know what that is and I disliked everything except the end. Lion-O playing with Slythe's jaw was a perfect example of what a boy in a man's body would do in that situation.
    looked real to me. what was it then? Comments on the page seem to indicate test footage
    Geek Media -

Good production value, my guess is it is/was a proposal scene or test footage and not what they decided to go with.

The action figures of Lion-o and the art style they have on the boxes doesn't look like that footage.

But then the play sword doesn't look much like the art on the box either.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    That's not the TV series. I'm not sure what it is. I found it on a comic book site where they mistakenly labeled it as the upcoming cartoon. I do know that Lion-O was going to wear a similar costume for the movie that was being planned before Warner Bros focused on a TV show instead. I actually like this costume better than what I've seen so far of the one he has in the cartoon reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETLEJACK View Post
    Lion-O playing with Slythe's jaw was a perfect example of what a boy in a man's body would do in that situation.
    Maybe if he was a serial killer. I'm not sure if Ssslithe was supposed to be dead or not but I can't see any normal boy playing with the jaw of someone they just killed or knocked unconscious. Yechhh.

JOIN THE GROUP...

That's not the TV series. I'm not sure what it is. I found it on a comic book site where they mistakenly labeled it as the upcoming cartoon. I do know that Lion-O was going to wear a similar costume for the movie that was being planned before Warner Bros focused on a TV show instead. I actually like this costume better than what I've seen so far of the one he has in the cartoon reboot. .
    hmm.... kind of liked that Lion-O voice and the way they portrayed him....I thought that might have come out of ToyFair...
    Geek Media -

I'm thinking that that footage was from the CGI movie that was apparently scrapped.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

That footage was different, wonder if there is anymore of if that was it and then they decided to change course.

Maybe if he was a serial killer. I'm not sure if Ssslithe was supposed to be dead or not but I can't see any normal boy playing with the jaw of someone they just killed or knocked unconscious. Yechhh.
    No that part was pretty accurate, I mean you have not been around too many 7-10 year olds I guess cause that seemed totally natural. If you imagine a 7 year old in a 21 year old muscled body with a big ass sword you would probably get the same reaction (sense of invulnerability, etc).

Lion-O was not running from Slythe, he was not afraid. I doubt he killed him, merely knocked him unconscious and was mocking him when he was down.

No that part was pretty accurate, I mean you have not been around too many 7-10 year olds I guess cause that seemed totally natural. If you imagine a 7 year old in a 21 year old muscled body with a big ass sword you would probably get the same reaction (sense of invulnerability, etc).
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree then. I have been around kids before(hell, I was 7 once), but I don't think any healthy kid would do that. That's like pulling the wings off flies imo.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'm thinking that that footage was from the CGI movie that was apparently scrapped.
    i have no doubt that is part from the failed tcats CGI movie project.
    Last year we saw the concept art and even the script about it.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree then. I have been around kids before(hell, I was 7 once), but I don't think any healthy kid would do that. That's like pulling the wings off flies imo.
    Or putting magnifying glass over ants to burn them, yeah kids never do that

Plus Lion-O is not a healthy kid, he is a child in an adult body. If this were even close to a real situation he would probably border on serial killer or psychopath just because of his increased strength an unclear understanding of right and wrong.

I am glad they did not go that way though, the child in an adult body part of the story always did irritate me. I think the way they are seeming to work it (him growing up into the leader) is going to be much better