Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    ThunderCats trailer on Youtube and screencaps from the trailer!!!

It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    It looks so much better than I had expected, I really liked seeing Wily Kit and Kat in motion.

I cannot wait for this!!
    Last edited by markatisu; February 26, 2011 at 07:48am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It looks a million times better than I thought it would. I still loathe Panthor's new design but everything else looks good.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Looks really sweet.
    Do we have any idea when it airs yet?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

It looks so much better than I had expected, I really liked seeing Wily Kit and Kat in motion.

I cannot wait for this!!
    Well, looks like it'll be awesome... except the music.
    Generic epic crap.
    Original theme FTW!
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

It looks a bit "animeish" (not tyhat I have anything agaist that) And not too bad (Though I DO miss cheetara's swimsuit lol!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Well, looks like it'll be awesome... except the music.
    Generic epic crap.
    Original theme FTW!
    Well given its a promo teaser trailer I do not really think that anyone can comment on the music yet

I am hoping it follows the same evolution that Cartoon Network Transformers Animated and the new My Little Pony cartoon on the Hub have, old theme but updated.

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

one in better quality
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Looks very epic. I love the feel of the animation. Some of the character models look quite impressive, too, particularly Grune and Claudius. My excitement levels just went up a notch.

WOW. Looks great! Very much looking forward to it!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Loved seeing Grune in there, I wonder if he will betray them in the beginning. He was always one of my most favorite characters in the original. I still remember opening him on Christmas!

Also Snarf's animation is great, think they really nailed him.

If I had to guess, the first few episodes will take place on Thundera, and somehow, maybe with the sword of Plundar, Grune will destroy it. would be fitting..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

i am really digging the animation I am seeing in the trailer. I also am digging the little hints at the story which seems to have some depth to it.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Looks too "anime" for my taste, but I will still watch it and enjoy it I'm sure.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Wasn't the original pretty anime?

Anyway, I think it looks really cool! I hope the voice acting is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yup! It was exactly anime, actually. Lot of folks who worked for Rankin/Bass moved on to work for Studio Ghibli to help with the likes of "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" 'n such.

That's the last thing to find out, really. It looks fantastic, I just hope they have good voice actors and great writing to go along with it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i did not read the 20 pages so sorry if this was asked but is ma mutt in the new show?? i did not see a toy for him at TF

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    ThunderCats trailer on Youtube and screencaps from the trailer!!!

It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes! I cannot wait.

The previews are disappointing in that they make Lion-o look like a kid. Was hoping he would be a more masculine adult. Otherwise, two thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

Yes, you are correct, but it was anime with American character styles. Not sure if I make sense when I say this.

The new show has a very Japanese style look to it for all aspects not just the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    That's the last thing to find out, really. It looks fantastic, I just hope they have good voice actors and great writing to go along with it.
    Well if I remember correctly Larry Kenney (original voice of Lion-O) is playing King Claudius so I would assume they did cast good talent.

They also have Jim Meskimen who was a Character Designer on the original Thundercats involved.

And as with almost all CN shows Andrea Romano is doing the voice casting, everyone in animation should know that name (Justice League, Teen Titans, almost all DC Direct to Video movies, etc). And Joaquim Dos Santos is doing the directing.

Like I said earlier in this thread, with the talent involved if this thing flops it will be because kids outright reject Thundercats as a license.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Yes, you are correct, but it was anime with American character styles. Not sure if I make sense when I say this.

The new show has a very Japanese style look to it for all aspects not just the animation.
    Well what you are saying though is kind of misleading, this new show has a lot of current anime trends.

But there are plenty of shows from the 80's in Japan that were definitely Japanese but looked like Thundercats.

"American Character Stylings" would resemble more Super Powers/Superfriends, Scooby Doo, Hanna Barbera or Filmation in the 1980's.

And Thundercats did not resemble that at all. Not in tone, animation style, coloring, or episode design.

I would argue that if Thundercats had just been created now it would look exactly like the new incarnation. Its just using the evolution of japanese animation which we see in things like Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, and Naruto.
    Last edited by markatisu; February 27, 2011 at 11:30am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Still seems better then the 2002 he-man (I tried it and hated it) So I'll give this a fair shot too.

So a lot of people from rankin/bass moved to gibli? that's that's cool(I love studio gibli's movies)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I agree with your comments. My exposure to anime is very limited to say the least. I tend to think of anime characters as effeminate and the original Thundercats were very muscular and more non Japanese looking. (This could obviously be my biased opinion) I guess all the 80's anime I viewed didn't look like Thundercats.

Well what you are saying though is kind of misleading, this new show has a lot of current anime trends.

But there are plenty of shows from the 80's in Japan that were definitely Japanese but looked like Thundercats.

"American Character Stylings" would resemble more Super Powers/Superfriends, Scooby Doo, Hanna Barbera or Filmation in the 1980's.

And Thundercats did not resemble that at all. Not in tone, animation style, coloring, or episode design.

I would argue that if Thundercats had just been created now it would look exactly like the new incarnation. Its just using the evolution of japanese animation which we see in things like Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, and Naruto.

Heroic Warrior
    Loved seeing Grune in there, I wonder if he will betray them in the beginning. He was always one of my most favorite characters in the original. I still remember opening him on Christmas!

Also Snarf's animation is great, think they really nailed him.
    Didn't he betray them (back story or hinted at) in the original? Or do have a bad memory or did I read into things.

Ok. as for the preview. I held off intentionally. I thought I wouldn't like the animation. I was afraid if I watched it I wouldn't like it.

The animation is different then I thought it would be. I thought it would look like some of the earlier pics we saw. I like the animation. I like the show.

Wasn't too crazy about the music but the animation was really tight and smooth. Love the action scenes and the even if I don't collect any of the toys, I'm super excited to watch the cartoon!

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Didn't he betray them (back story or hinted at) in the original? Or do have a bad memory or did I read into things.

Ok. as for the preview. I held off intentionally. I thought I wouldn't like the animation. I was afraid if I watched it I wouldn't like it.

The animation is different then I thought it would be. I thought it would look like some of the earlier pics we saw. I like the animation. I like the show.
    Yes, they go further into it in the comics that came out a few years ago. This would be the first time we see it fleshed out in animation