Page 21 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Loved seeing Grune in there, I wonder if he will betray them in the beginning. He was always one of my most favorite characters in the original. I still remember opening him on Christmas!

Also Snarf's animation is great, think they really nailed him.
    Yeah, seeing the likes of Grune is interesting. Hopefully it means that are sticking to the essence of the original plotline (which so far seems to be the case). I am liking this trailer a lot.

It also makes me wonder... if the first couple/few episodes take place on Thundera before it blows up, and if they are sticking relatively close to the original series in terms of the characters involved and how & when they show up, could we possibly catch a glimpse at Lynxo, Bengali, and Pumyra on Thundera before the planet explodes (like in the flashback sequence in "Thundercats, HO!" in the original series)? That would be cool!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I really like the trailer.

I does look to me they are going to do quite a bit of pre-Third Earth stuff which is fine with me- it new ground yet it is not. Glad Grune is going to play a part for awhile. I wonder if the lesser mutants are Grune's slaves?

I wonder if they are going to factor Mumm-ra into the destruction of Thundara some how? I'm guessing based on the toy designs- Mumm-ra is starting out in this version with the Sword of Plundar- which according to the original series is what torn Thundara apart.

So much interesting stuff to come!

I thought that the trailer was pretty cool. I especially liked seeing Grune play a prominent role in the trailer and the quick shot of Mumm-Ra was pretty cool, too!

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm watching the original series now, so I hope that I can finish it before this new series comes out.

This looks really good. I hope the voice actors do the characters justice. In the original everyone had such a distinct voice, I hope the same goes for the new series. Still wish Lion-o was more adult/manly looking. I hate Panthro's new design. Tygra, Cheetara, and the Thunderkittens look awesome.

I am very excited about this series, I thought that this would have a ben 10 style and I found an avatar (series) style ,great !

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Extended trailer posted on Cartoon Network's Facebook and Youtube pages. The intro was extended and shows Cats Lair!

Grabbed some screenshots while I was at it too!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Extended trailer posted on Cartoon Network's Facebook and Youtube pages. The intro was extended and shows Cats Lair!

Grabbed some screenshots while I was at it too!
    There's also the point that maybe Thundera in this version will never explode, and Jaga will remain alive. Remember they said trying to keep it a 'simple' mythology.

So maybe a group of Thundercats will be sent off to Third Earth. It might even be cool if there where more than one sword of omens for each group of cats to use in the name of good
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    There's also the point that maybe Thundera in this version will never explode, and Jaga will remain alive.
    Sounds like what JJ Abrams had in mind for Krypton & Jor-El for his Superman script from several years ago. Hopefully this is closer to its source material than that was(Lex Luthor is an alien?).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    There's also the point that maybe Thundera in this version will never explode, and Jaga will remain alive. Remember they said trying to keep it a 'simple' mythology.

So maybe a group of Thundercats will be sent off to Third Earth. It might even be cool if there where more than one sword of omens for each group of cats to use in the name of good
    I'm probably one of the biggest ThunderCats fans and while I am open to the writers veering from the original series, I cannot fathom the thought of having more than one Sword of Omens. PLEASE do not go the MOTUC bio route and get clone crazy.

The Sword of Omens has always been mysterious...creating more than one not only reduces the mystery, but it complicates the mythology...rather than simplifying it as you mentioned previously.

Give Panthro sideburns...make Tygra Lion-O's (half) brother, you can even keep the story on Thundera...but do not mess with the Sword of Omens!

Just FYI, hemanrep, the embedding doesn't work on the video anymore.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Just FYI, hemanrep, the embedding doesn't work on the video anymore.
    Cartoon Network forced Youtube to disable the embed feature for this video, this is probably the only time we can break our YouTube rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KGj6KGeUto

The extra footage makes it more epic, I think Thundera is going to explode but I think we will get quite a few episodes on it first to develop the backstory (and Grune's betrayal)

I do not see them straying much from the original as far as overall story. I like how Mumm-Ra seems to be something they have always had to contend with much better than how he was portrayed before
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Cartoon Network forced Youtube to disable the embed feature for this video, this is probably the only time we can break our YouTube rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KGj6KGeUto

The extra footage makes it more epic, I think Thundera is going to explode but I think we will get quite a few episodes on it first to develop the backstory (and Grune's betrayal)

I do not see them straying much from the original as far as overall story. I like how Mumm-Ra seems to be something they have always had to contend with much better than how he was portrayed before
    This video contains content from Turner (Cartoonnetwork), who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    ARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    ARGH!
    Ditto the argh. I will never understand companies not wanting to promote their product outside of their country. Kevin Smith recently said "if you don't see Red State (his new movie) when it goes on tour you can catch it when it's released, if you don't catch it when it's released then it will be on bittorrent soon after that, whatever it takes I want you to see it. THAT'S an attitude I can dig. he made it he wants you to see it. doesn't care how even if you download an illegal copy, but this isn't even that, it's blocking a TRAILER that's on youtube. that is completely ridiculous. I'm not a Thundercats fan as I always say, but I want to give this a shot. I'm always ready for some good fantasy. I give everything that looks interesting to me a good shot.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I will see if I can upload it to my youtube for you guys

Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6X8i...layer_embedded

It wont allow me to enable embedding so it must be something hardcoded in the video file
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I will see if I can upload it to my youtube for you guys
    You're a prince among men.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    You're a prince among men.
    Might not work, I just got this from youtube

Dear markatisu,

Your video, Thundercats - Coming to Cartoon Network!, may have content that is owned or licensed by Turner (Cartoonnetwork).

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video

Entity: Turner (Cartoonnetwork) Content Type: Audiovisual content
    What do they have someone scanning YT for Thundercats stuff, they are allowing me to have the video but I cannot embed or play in other countries I guess

I can however email the HD FLV file to anyone or provide it to hemanrep if he does not already have it to host on his site.

What do they have someone scanning YT for Thundercats stuff, they are allowing me to have the video but I cannot embed or play in other countries I guess

I can however email the HD FLV file to anyone or provide it to hemanrep if he does not already have it to host on his site.
    ridiculous. like I said you'd think they'd WANT to get people interested.

can you email it to me? I'd appreciate it.

Fear is faith in failure

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Love the way the series looks BUT it must have a nicely done updated intro that is reminiscent of this, pure awesomeness:

She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

I thought the trailer was really exciting. There are shows that came back in the 2000's that really surprised me by the upgrade. The new Ninja Turtles show was better than the 80's show; Transformers Animated was a really good follow up and, in a way, tribute to G1; He-Man 200x was the show a lot of us had been wating for for years. The epic look of the new Thundercats may take the whole world of Thundera and blow our minds. I am really happy from what I see, the style looks somewhat like the style they used for Young Justice but less human. Plus, I really like the look of Lion-O's father Claudus, he looks every bit the Lord of the Thundercats. Does anyone else think the big character with the helmet might be Grune? I know he doesn't have the teeth, but then again it could be a new character.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; March 3, 2011 at 11:28pm. Reason: added stuff
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I don't get it -- there are TONS of clips from the original series on YouTube, but for a trailer that is suppose to promote the show, we can't embed it? Such backwards thinking.

Hey Mark, if you could email that file to me, that would be awesome. I'll host it on my site

I don't know if you still have my email address, but I can PM it to you if you need it.

Thanks so much!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Love the way the series looks BUT it must have a nicely done updated intro that is reminiscent of this, pure awesomeness:
    It would be nice to get some kind of updated version of the original theme song. One of the things that I didn't care for with the 200X MOTU series was how 'generic' the music seemed, and I hope that this new Thundercats series does Not follow suit on that.

However, hemanrep's link gave me another idea... since that site is called "Thundercats Now" and the website name is listed on each of the still pictures, I think that the actual show should take a queue from the spin-off of the old show "What's Happening!!!" and actually call this new series "Thundercats Now!!!"

They could even sort of recreate the intro from "What's Happening Now!!!" using the T-Cats characters! Now that would be funny!

Picture Panthro doing the dance that rerun does in the opening of WHN!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Three additional voices confirmed for the series: Will Friedle as Lion-O; Kevin Michael Richardson as Panthro; and Emmanuelle Chriqui as Cheetara.

Excited about Will Friedle doing Lion-O! I loved him as Eric on Boy Meets World and Batman on Batman Beyond!

Who will be the voice of Mumm-Ra? I think Earl Hammond will be a tough act to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Three additional voices confirmed for the series: Will Friedle as Lion-O; Kevin Michael Richardson as Panthro; and Emmanuelle Chriqui as Cheetara.

Excited about Will Friedle doing Lion-O! I loved him as Eric on Boy Meets World and Batman on Batman Beyond!

Who will be the voice of Mumm-Ra? I think Earl Hammond will be a tough act to follow!
    Hopes went up for lion-o
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Panthro seems to have stolen Roadblock's new design from "GI Joe Renegades." (as Mr. Shotoki previously pointed out) I wouldn't be surprised if they use Kevin Michael Richardson for his voice as well. (I love me some KMR but he doesn't have to voice EVERY big black guy there is I know Panthro is blue but we black folks always saw Panthro as the brotha of the series)
    wish the lottery were as predictable...

No offense to KMR but OTHER black V.A.s need work too!

With Will Freidle as Lion-O it doesn't 'feel' like he's going to look more mature than the pics we've seen, his age will probably max out at the teenish look. I know WF is an adult but his voice plays young, but I really like his voice work I'm hoping I'll be digging this series. can never have enough well done fantasy properties.
    Last edited by krosfyah; March 9, 2011 at 06:53am.

Fear is faith in failure

No offense to KMR but OTHER black V.A.s need work too!
    I thought the same thing

Michael Jai White, Phil LeMarr, and Keith David would have also been good

With Will Freidle as Lion-O it doesn't 'feel' like he's going to look more mature than the pics we've seen, his age will probably max out at the teenish look. I know WF is an adult but his voice plays young, but I really like his voice work I'm hoping I'll be digging this series. can never have enough well done fantasy properties.
    Well it won't be deep like the original but Will does have the ability to age so he can do Lion-O youth and Lion-O young adult which is how its supposed to be

I always felt it was ridiculous to begin with in the original that he went in as a child and came out as like a 32 year old man with a deep voice. I expect Lion-O to stay as a young adult-older teen at least through the entire first season and possibly 1/2 of the 2nd.

Will did great as Terry in the JL episodes where we went into the future, I mean Lion-O is supposed to be only 16-25

If Lion-O looked like Claudius then I would call shenanigans