Page 22 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i've been so excited staying up each night watching all the old 80s episodes.
    i'm looking forward to having the classic thundercat toys that will be coming out. still deciding if i will be getting the new anime styled toys too.
    will i have enough room for all these toys?

Excited about Friedle. Liked him in 'Boy Meets World', was okay with him on BatmanBeyond, really loved him as Ron in 'Kim Possible', and he's done great for Blue Beetle in Batman B&B.

i've waiting for this. so, excited!

i plan on buying the 8 inch classics tc & the new detailed tc.

would most of you buy both?

classics & the new?

The scary thing is, I checked the shoulders...

Lion-O looks great! Can't wait for him! Also figured out that blue thing that is on his hip is so you can slide the claw shield onto it to hold it onto his hip! Nice touch Bandai!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Lion-O looks great! Can't wait for him! Also figured out that blue thing that is on his hip is so you can slide the claw shield onto it to hold it onto his hip! Nice touch Bandai!
    It is a nice touch, I agree, though I wish there was a way to remove it (based on the pics, it looks like it's a permanent fixture). It looks silly just sitting there when he has the clawshield on his hand.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

CN 2011 Upfront News:Kingdom of Thundera (no planet) on Third Earth!

ThunderCats: The re-imagined animated series based on the beloved 80s classic tells the tale of a hero’s epic journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra and young heir to the throne Lion-O embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion, joined by his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat and his loyal pet Snarf, must work together to save their world from darkness.

That's right, Thundera is a kingdom and not a planet! They're already on Third Earth when the series opens. When originally announced, the producers revealed that the series would simplify the Thundercats story, and that's just what this is.
    obviously this is not a remake, this is a Re-Imagined.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; March 24, 2011 at 08:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    well ,Kingdom of Thundera (no planet) on Third Earth!

That is actually pretty cool, also has more impact when Grune betrays them (which I am guessing is what causes Cladius reign to end and Lion-O to be paired with the others as the last remaining members of the royal court).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'll wait to see it before I decide how I feel about it, but I always liked the way the Thundercats were experiencing everything new on Third Earth the same way we the viewers were. If they were going to change one thing, imo, it should have been the name Third Earth. I always thought that sounded a little lame.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If they were going to change one thing, imo, it should have been the name Third Earth. I always thought that sounded a little lame.
    Aw man, I always liked that because it sounded like a sci-fi version of "Middle-Earth." I would have liked a more solid mythology behind it, but I guess not having one was kind of fun too.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Thats a lame change, but whatever,it could always be worse... I love the sacrifies the charachters had to make to get to third earth in the original, and how they were almost the last of their kind in the first season.

So long as they dont go hunting for a different stone or relic each ep like MOTU200X did, im down!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'll wait to see it before I decide how I feel about it, but I always liked the way the Thundercats were experiencing everything new on Third Earth the same way we the viewers were. If they were going to change one thing, imo, it should have been the name Third Earth. I always thought that sounded a little lame.
    i suppose they could make it so that thundera is like wakanda - a prosperous kingdom that isolates itself from the rest of the world. or the main characters could be people that have never had a need to leave home. i think that as long as the rest of third earth is new to lion-o (as well as wilykit and wilykat), there will be plenty of opportunity to ease the viewers and characters alike into the world.

but yeah, third earth was always a pretty dumb name.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Hey, the new idea is a lot better than the "Lion-O & the Pussycats" idea I heard whispers about years ago...*shudders*
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    CN 2011 Upfront News:Kingdom of Thundera (no planet) on Third Earth!

That.
    Sucks.
    ass.

It's like that MOTU movie rumor that Eternia is a magical island on Earth.

The only thing about the old mythology that was confusing, was the resurgence of Thundera..but that's because the writers didn't go into a lot of detail..

It was pretty obvious that Mumm-Ra use the gravitational powers of the Moons of Plundar and some magic to revitalize the planet. Hence why the planet took on some of the moons characteristics. It's also obvious the snarfs where transported from their adoptive planet back to Thundera. Something that was never mentioned, and made it seem like they survived on a broken planet with no atmosphere for 5 years..

The only thing that made NO sense was the Gyroscope popping up out of nowhere. Was it a cool idea? Yeah...was Jagara a neat addition? yeah. Was it really needed? Probably not....
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    The only thing about the old mythology that was confusing, was the resurgence of Thundera..but that's because the writers didn't go into a lot of detail..

It was pretty obvious that Mumm-Ra use the gravitational powers of the Moons of Plundar and some magic to revitalize the planet. Hence why the planet took on some of the moons characteristics. It's also obvious the snarfs where transported from their adoptive planet back to Thundera. Something that was never mentioned, and made it seem like they survived on a broken planet with no atmosphere for 5 years..

The only thing that made NO sense was the Gyroscope popping up out of nowhere. Was it a cool idea? Yeah...was Jagara a neat addition? yeah. Was it really needed? Probably not....
    Resurrection of Thundera is when series started falling apart... I don't think they were even sure how they'd explain it, hence the introduction of Jagara as a potential explanation.

Anyway, there's no reason for new writers to resurrect Thundera later on. Nor to resurrect it without any valid in story explanation.

Then again, these are the writers who are unable to write Snarf as anything but annoying so they muted him...

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Hey, the new idea is a lot better than the "Lion-O & the Pussycats" idea I heard whispers about years ago...*shudders*
    ~RK
    Of course.
    But that shouldn't excuse this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Then again, these are the writers who are unable to write Snarf as anything but annoying so they muted him...
    What kills me about that is Snarf's constant "snarf, snarf" is what got annoying to me. It wasn't that he could talk. Not only is he going to sound like Pikachu, he looks like he could be a Pokemon character now.

In case any of you weren't already aware of it...

http://www.thundercatslair.org/2011/...ing-in-august/

A Thundercats calendar for 2012 goes on sale this August.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 27, 2011 at 03:55pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

i'm very happy if they re invent the story from the original.
    i'd like something new.

Not impressed by any of the new Thundercats stuff I must say.
    New line looks a bit cheap but the toon will hopefully be good.

The Classics are the biggest dissapointment. Bandai just cannot seem to do accurate anatomy and when your heroes are half naked, ya really should have better anatomy than these.

Now if the Four Horsemen were on the case.....
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

My Word.....

I would be more than willing to work like a dog to save up and have enough to buy this utterly beautiful piece of art :

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    The Classics are the biggest dissapointment.
    Alot of people are saying this but im failing to see how, they are miles ahead of the LJN figures (wich I adore more then anything btw lol)....

Ive also read people not liking certain features... but they are also dead on from the original cartoon, cant say that for MOTUC cause Mattel sucks so much they wont even obtain the rights to the toon lol!

I guess im just happy theres no exclusive nonsence, playsets, role play swords and the reps are showing us things as a product not a riddle game, plus that whole avalibillity thing in stores for everyone will be a big pro for the fans!

Needless to say maybe im biast twords Thundercats cause I do prefer them to He-Man, but MOTUC was a way to even the playing fields should Thundercats come back, however with mattel's games, lackluster quallity and under avalible over priced figures, its no secret im ready to jump the boat, onto the feliner and into Cheetara's arms once more
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I always felt, the LGN figures were lacking in the anatomy department also. little random lumps does not anatomy make.

In my opinion The TC Classics have weird innacurate anatomy and given these hero's are half naked, then they really should have anatomically correct musculature. I also think the articulation is rather ugly too. Not to mention the dorky looking uninterested faces.

The fact that these are gonna be at retail makes little difference to me.

I will wait and and see what Lion-O is like on the shelf but given the far superior Four Horsemen Lion-O, I feel Bandai short changed us here.

Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Four Horsemen Lion-O??
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The 4HM did NOT sculpt that Lion-O statue, and there is no '4HM Lion-O' in existence (at least not as an official product of any time what-so-ever). And while it may be more correct from an anatomy standpoint, I'll still take the up coming figure over that statue. Whoever did sculpt it really didn't get the face right at all. That statue would be excellent if it was something made by an ametuer fan, but as an official product it is very, very lacking IMO. If the 4HM had sculpted that statue, it would look 1,000 times better.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"