Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    My take is the same 20 something years later.

He-Man and the Masters are the toys to get.

Thundercats is the show to watch.

I love Thundercats dearly, but I'm not getting those awful looking toys.
    I will watch that show for sure though, it looks really amazing!
    Could not agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Transformers, G.I. Joe, Ninja Turtles and ThunderCats are back.
    With the exception of ThunderCats none of the other licenses ever really left all that long.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

In fact, Transformers never really left. It may have faded but I think there was always a product available.

TMNT and GI-Joe had a 2-3 year hiatus. And there were some spots of low popularity, but they remained around.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

200x series has not aged even a second in the last 10 years.
    I think the ideal time to launch 200x series would have been today,not 10 years ago, Internet today is a very important for the promotion .

i hope if tcats series is a successful any channel for children take advantage and repeat 200x , it would be a premiere for the kids of today.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    He-Man's gear is both functional and familiar and based in reality. Guys did wear furry boots, furry shorts and gold braclets and harnesses. Look at Spartacus.

Lion-O on the other hand wears blue spandex and chose a vest top with the ab section removed.

But to be honest, we are splitting hairs here. Both characters are incredibly homoerotic. I just happen to think He-Man is more real looking.

Not that any of this really matters. Both are half naked men and we love em!
    Its always a fun debate on these two charachters! Lion-O I believe once had a moment with Cheetara but pulled a epic fail. You bring up a great point, why did Lion-O choose to go with the ab show? In the first episode we see his clothes get damaged then ends up sewing em back up... to that? Was he THAT poor?

He-Man is deff. more historically acturate twords a barbarian, especially Vikor! He-Man's worse trait isnt even his furry undys (chicks like em!) its when he use to pull the rope out of them!! He did it so creepy, paused and held it so awkwardly, you could hear the crickets! LOL!

Amen to loving half naked fictional muscled man creatures brother! Wait...
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post

He-Man is deff. more historically acturate twords a barbarian, especially Vikor! He-Man's worse trait isnt even his furry undys (chicks like em!) its when he use to pull the rope out of them!! He did it so creepy, paused and held it so awkwardly, you could hear the crickets! LOL!

That, and where did he actually keep all of those gadgets Filmation gave him?? Was his belt made on Gallifrey??
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    In fact, Transformers never really left. It may have faded but I think there was always a product available.
    Yeah, I think there was a tiny gap between the end of Generation 2 and Beast Wars and Machine Wars. Does anyone else remember Machine Wars? They may have been a Kaybee exclusive. Or the two pack with Optimus Primal as a bat and Megatron as an Alligator? Those were weird times.

But it does go to show how strong a premise the toy line is.

But it also makes you wonder how it would have gone had other companies not let other properties rest so long. I don't know the answer. It probably was too soon to even consider trying to sell stores on the same concepts... but we'll never know. Just glad some of our old favorites are coming back, as long as its well done. And so far the T-cats show looks good. The verdict is out on the toys for me.
    Last edited by JonWes; April 13, 2011 at 08:02pm.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk of a new Thundercats comic(unless I just missed it). Since the franchise is owned by Warner Brothers, if there is, I'm sure it will be from DC.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

If they do a new comic at least we won't have to worry about Wilycat and Wilykit being Mumm-Ra's er... playthings (ew) this time.

Was Wildstorm the last company to touch the license? I guess the WB (they own T-cats, right?) and DC/Wildstorm connection makes sense. I'm surprised IDW hasn't announced it if someone else can pick up the license as they seem to snap up every license they can nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Was Wildstorm the last company to touch the license? I guess the WB (they own T-cats, right?) and DC/Wildstorm connection makes sense. I'm surprised IDW hasn't announced it if someone else can pick up the license as they seem to snap up every license they can nowadays.
    If IDW & Dynamite Comics didn't collect licenses, they probably wouldn't even be around any longer(especially Dynamite). I kinda miss the days when Marvel & DC did that more.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If IDW & Dynamite Comics didn't collect licenses, they probably wouldn't even be around any longer(especially Dynamite). I kinda miss the days when Marvel & DC did that more.
    Yep, and good for them! They have done some quality work from what I can tell. I'm fond of their Doctor Who ongoing books.

Come to think of it I’m very surprised a new comic series isn’t accompanying the new cartoon.

I showed my girl the new TC cartoon and to my surprise (or maybe not) said that MOTU was far superior.

On rewatching the TC trailer, I am inclined to agree. The animation in TC seems to be cheaper looking. Still pretty good but you watch the MOTU trailer and then realise how superior MOTU is despite being nearly 10 years older.

Posted this on Facebook too. The general public will probably be made aware of the new TC due to the weight of WB advertising behind them.
    So I feel duty bound to show or remind folks of just how good the 2002 MOTU cartoon was.

Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yeah, I think there was a tiny gap between the end of Generation 2 and Beast Wars and Machine Wars. Does anyone else remember Machine Wars? They may have been a Kaybee exclusive. Or the two pack with Optimus Primal as a bat and Megatron as an Alligator? Those were weird times.
    That's what I mean, by Transformers "going away". After G2, there was that period with Machine Wars, but that was a KB exclusive line with no media. Then Beast Wars brought the franchise back to prominence.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

That's what I mean, by Transformers "going away". After G2, there was that period with Machine Wars, but that was a KB exclusive line with no media. Then Beast Wars brought the franchise back to prominence.
    I don't really remember what really happened, I was basing it on information from wikipedia which says that G2 lasted 93-95, Beast Wars/Machines from 1995-2000, and Machine Wars was started in 97. With the cartoon for Beast Wars coming out in 96 (wiki and imdb).

Then after Beast Machines there was Robots in Disguise which had toys released almost a year later but that's nothing too extreme. The cartoon however was started almost right after Beast Machines. And with RID we went into the Anime import era.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Icon Heroes Mumm-Ra Mini-Statue Revealed: http://www.thundercatsnow.com/

The recent statues from Icon Heroes look pretty good compared to Lion-O. Mumm-Ra is due for summer release (haven't updated the article yet), ahead of Jaga and Jackalman, which were already announced and scheduled for released in 3Q 2011.

Mumm-Ra is expected to be $40, Jackalman and Jaga are $30, with a SDCC exclusive soon to be announced. Perhaps Mumm-Ra, mummy version?

I'm trying to bring the topic back to THUNDERCATS rather than the MOTU copycat topic because it's like beating a dead horse. MOTU forum will say MOTU is better than ThunderCats. Okay, you guys win. Can we move on?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    What's the latest word on when the cartoon starts airing and when the Bandai figures should be popping up?

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    What's the latest word on when the Cartoon starts airing and when the Bandai figures should be popping up?
    Series is expected to air sometime in July, with the Bandai toys hitting shelves in August/September. No international dates announced yet.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Its always a fun debate on these two charachters! Lion-O I believe once had a moment with Cheetara but pulled a epic fail. You bring up a great point, why did Lion-O choose to go with the ab show? In the first episode we see his clothes get damaged then ends up sewing em back up... to that? Was he THAT poor?
    Well, since they weren't expecting him to grow and his suspension capsule partially malfunctioned, they probably didn't exactly have a ton of extra clothes ready to go that were in his adult size. And the clothes that he was wearing (that we are assuming he sewed up) were originally meant to fit him when he was younger.

And in a sense, all of the Thundercats were all "poor" in the sensethat they were brand new to Third Earth and wouldn't already have any kind of currency for their new planet, or anything of specific known value that they could barter/trade with.

But speaking of the suspension capsule issue..... I've seen the first few episodes of Thundercats several times (mostly in the form of Exodus: The Movie, which is a VHS tape that I had growing up and still have), and I don't recall them ever specifically stating that his suspension capsule failed. Instead this is an explanation that I've only become aware of in the past decade or so and it is supposedly part of the "official" Thundercats cannon. But, I don't recall any actual reference to his capsule malfunctioning. I do remember Jaga saying, "While the suspension capsules slow down the aging process, some aging does take place." In fact, in addition to Jaga saying it early on, when Lion-O sees his reflection for the first time after he his grown, he remembers Jaga saying it.

Granted, this explanation raises questions about why Wily Kat and Wily Kit don't age at all like Lion-O does. Was this malfunctioning capsule idea something that was tacked on later?

Either way, Lion-O's clothes issue still makes sense in that they probably couldn't have predicted how much he would grow or specifically what his size would be when he got to be fully grown.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Icon Heroes Mumm-Ra Mini-Statue Revealed: http://www.thundercatsnow.com/

The recent statues from Icon Heroes look pretty good compared to Lion-O. Mumm-Ra is due for summer release (haven't updated the article yet), ahead of Jaga and Jackalman, which were already announced and scheduled for released in 3Q 2011.

Mumm-Ra is expected to be $40, Jackalman and Jaga are $30, with a SDCC exclusive soon to be announced. Perhaps Mumm-Ra, mummy version?

I'm trying to bring the topic back to THUNDERCATS rather than the MOTU copycat topic because it's like beating a dead horse. MOTU forum will say MOTU is better than ThunderCats. Okay, you guys win. Can we move on?
    Well it is a copycat and MOTU is better so what can ya do!

Ya see I really like these Hard Heroe statues of all the new TC stuff.
    I know the are crudely made and think they really resemble the sculpting style of the 4HM minus the great details. But if I can afford to get these after I feed my MOTUC and Hot Toys addictions, I will try to get them.

I definitely want Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Jaga is great but I think the sculptor got carried away with his package! Jaga is packin heat there!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Hasbro doesn't quit with their money lines, even if they fail they keep trying, GI Joe and TF they didn't quit, they even branded the Animorphs toys as Transformers to keep pushing the brand. machine wars was here in Canada VERY limited though so it wasn't a KB exclusive since we don't have KB toys here. but unlike Mattel Hasbro doesn't quit, they pimp out and reboot too often IMO but Mattel doesn't do it NEARLY enough.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Wow. My respect for you decreases with every post You're entitled to your opinion. I beg to differ

well the one thing the thundercats has over MOTU(or basically most 80s toons) is that it has a very defined mythos with a beginning, middle and an actual end.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar

One thing I have to say is, out of the vintage cartoons, Thundercats has better action/fight scenes compared to FIlmation's MOTU. There is one episode of Filmation MOTU where He-Man pulls a BUBBLE BLOWER from his belt and imprisons Skeletor in a big SOAP BUBBLE. ............

And I am totally wanting to get those Bandai figures, as long as they are reasonable priced. I want the 8'' Lion-O CLASSIC figure for sure.

I just hate at how long the wait is. They gave us the first look at the new cartoon in, wasn't it NOVEMBER.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I just hate at how long the wait is. They gave us the first look at the new cartoon in, wasn't it NOVEMBER.
    The cartoon and toys were first shown this past February