Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Actually there was a periods of a year and a half(aprox) bewtween g1 and g2 where they didn't make any new tfs.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

But speaking of the suspension capsule issue..... I've seen the first few episodes of Thundercats several times (mostly in the form of Exodus: The Movie, which is a VHS tape that I had growing up and still have), and I don't recall them ever specifically stating that his suspension capsule failed. Instead this is an explanation that I've only become aware of in the past decade or so and it is supposedly part of the "official" Thundercats cannon. But, I don't recall any actual reference to his capsule malfunctioning. I do remember Jaga saying, "While the suspension capsules slow down the aging process, some aging does take place." In fact, in addition to Jaga saying it early on, when Lion-O sees his reflection for the first time after he his grown, he remembers Jaga saying it.

Granted, this explanation raises questions about why Wily Kat and Wily Kit don't age at all like Lion-O does. Was this malfunctioning capsule idea something that was tacked on later?

Either way, Lion-O's clothes issue still makes sense in that they probably couldn't have predicted how much he would grow or specifically what his size would be when he got to be fully grown.
    When younger me and my friends just assumed the Kits were fully grown, we took them to be a something more like a bobcat which tends to be smaller then a lion, panther, cheetah or tiger. Of course then later you have the problem of Lynx-o but there are still other species of wild cats that are smaller.

Similarly it wasn't till more recently someones mention of the malfunctioning stasis chamber that made me think that idea, till I watched the episodes again and notice this wasn't mentioned.

But either way, continuity wasn't as big of a thing as it is today. There was no explanation why they would claim Snarf as Lion-o's squire then the next episode go back to him being his nanny. Of course, we can kind of figure out why, every time squire is mentioned Lion-o and Snarf are by themselves meeting some new person or race and that was probably an easier explanation.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wilykat seemed more mature. kit & kat were treated as kids & behaved like children. even though lion o was a kid in an adults body he still didnt behave like a kid. other than not being experienced.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I like the invidible Tigra that appears to come with the Tower of Omens!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I just can't see this line doing well.

Except for the sword, I don't like anything else.

Thundertank looks like an over designed mess and lack the boldness or iconogrphy of the original.
    Those other vehicles just look lame to me.
    I see little play factor in that Tower of Omens. Is the elevator and a slide all it does?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I suppose kids might like them. The tank isn't bad, though I do agree it's a bit over-designed.

The playset is what really bothers me. It's just so unimpressive, especially compared with the Cat's Lair. I know kids won't be making that comparison but I will! But a lot of playsets are that way these days. They aren't really complete environments - just little scattered pieces here and there. I just keep imagining it falling down every two seconds.

I will only be buying the tank and the bikes for the tank. Design wise I think the tank does fine and harkens back to the original enough

The Tower does nothing for me because it looks more like accessories then a base

The days of 80's and 90's playsets which were large and grand in scale are gone.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Sword of Omens is great, pass on the claw shield.

Thundertank is passable, in my current state I rarely buy vehicles (which if I get anything it will be the classic line at this point).

Thunderbikes ^^

Tower of Omens, that isn't much of a playset and as a kid I would want my toys to fit inside of it not be able to use the whole thing as a slide. I had more fun playing with the styrofoam inserts from things like my parents brand new CD player then I would with what will be an overpriced item like that.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I will only be buying the tank and the bikes for the tank. Design wise I think the tank does fine and harkens back to the original enough

The Tower does nothing for me because it looks more like accessories then a base

The days of 80's and 90's playsets which were large and grand in scale are gone.

Yes, and it is very sad.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I plan on getting the Thundercats Classics but not the new cartoon's toys(although I'll definitely check out the new show). Thundercats was a show that, even though I really liked it & watched it regularly, I barely had any of the toys. Especially when you compare them to what I had for MOTU, Star Wars, & G.I. Joe. I'm happy Bandai is giving me a second chance.

I'm just happy I was around for them.

Poor kids today.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; May 10, 2011 at 04:59pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I plan on getting the Thundercats Classics but not the new cartoon's toys(although I'll definitely check out the new show). Thundercats was a show that, even though I really liked it & watched it regularly, I barely had any of the toys. Especially when you compare them to what I had for MOTU, Star Wars, & G.I. Joe. I'm happy Bandai is giving me a second chance.

I'm just happy I was around for them.

Poor kids today.

Forget the kids, what about us adults that want a nice playset to go with our figures? Well, there's always Ebay.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I was just thinking about that the other day. it sucks, playsets were a big factor in my childhood. I miss that, probably one of the reasons I've begun to attempt making my own!

just saw the pics, WHAT THE HELL is that tower of omens? looks like they started working on a playset and then ran out of money, or stopped caring. geez, looking at this playset makes me feel a little bit better about the 2 POA cringer! it's a gate and an elevator to no where! HEY KIDS!
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 10, 2011 at 06:28pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Widget
    yup, that is huge!

OFFICIAL: Thundercats Action Figure Thread

This thread is for talking about the New (or old) Thundercats toys.

I just got yet another SDCC Lion-o since I need to get him signed by the voice of Lion-O himself on Powercon.

I have yet to get any of the toys based on the new cartoon but I am weak and it is only a matter of time.

The Classics however are AMAZING!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I caved and bought the Mumm-ra/ mamut set! He looks really nice next to the Motu stactions. I saw some of the new designs at toys r us and they didn't call to me; finally, the classics are just too big for my taste...guess the station line is the one for me!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Nooooo, all my toy pics are in the other thread!

Oh well, I'll continue in here! I got the kids recently, so I'll do a short pictorial of those. Until then, I found an old playset in my Dad's basement:

A tad small, but still cool for a background.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

HD figures on youtube
    Have these hit Wal-Mart yet?

It's hit Wal-Mart in some areas.

That's a cool background Alexx. What toyline is it from? It seems somewhat familiar.

Anyway, I got my Tower of Omens play set today and started the repaint. It's still a work in progress as it was a total repaint. I think you see a little of the original brown here and there just as a nice tonal variation but that's it. I need to touch up a few things and paint the red highlights on the tower along with filling in the windows. Eventually I'll paint the vines and leaves too. I'm very pleased with the result so far, especially considering what I started with.

My main goal was to try to get it to look a bit more cartoon-accurate with a stone texture and lighter color and also to paint more of the details that are there.

I'm still trying to decide whether to glue the columns onto the main tower as they fall off very easily.

Anyway, crappy phone pics for now. Once it's done I'll take some nice photos with my D90.

There is the original Thundercats toy thread here

Jonwes. You're repaint looks AWESOME. Now I have to buy one and do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    There is the original Thundercats toy thread here
    Correct but that was also before the toys were released and no one posted in it for months. Now that the toys are released we can have a new thread.
    Last edited by King Kahn; September 2, 2011 at 10:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    That's a cool background Alexx. What toyline is it from? It seems somewhat familiar.
    Actually, that's from Thundercats! It's supposed to come with a tiny Mumm-Ra mummy that is probably somewhere in a box in my Dad's house still; I couldn't find it. Anyway, you put Mumm-Ra in the back and turn this dial on the top and he spins with the base inside to be revealed in the front. I loved it when I was a kid! Glad it was still around, though it's obviously beat to heck.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The repaints looks much better, still a very sparse playset but it looks much less cheap with that paint job
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Toysrus.com just put all the 4" back in stock online but they are going pretty quick.

The 4" Deluxe are also in stock as are the 6", but even online I can't get Grune as he sold out again
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Well, for as long as this is the offical toy thread, here's the kids:

Most of what I think about them is right there in those two pics! The figures are pretty much statues, though not like their originals. The arms move up and down, and the heads turn side to side; that's it. From the back you can see another major failing, which is those chunks that is their tails. The magnet feature is back there...but honestly, I think the magnets could have still been in those packs like you see, while the tails could have been articulated and separate. Also, I don't see why the midsection part of the clothes couldn't have been rubbery; then they could have at least allowed the legs to move forward.

At the very least, they are fine representations of the kids, and the boards they come with are actually pretty cool!

The pop out guns and the snips in the front are almost enough to make up for the lack of action in the figures. Of course, I would have liked to pose them on the board rather than just stand them there...

The accessories also leave something to be desired. Wilykit is pretty much stuck with an instrument (that I guess you could use as a chakram) and Wilykat has some cool hookshots, but I would have liked it better if one of them was actual rope, and could be hooked on to stuff. However, Wilykit would have had nothing else to add on...oh well. They did what they could with these two, but I think they could have done more. At the very least, they are great representations of the kids! However, I believe they're mostly good for rounding out the team; for those that do that, anyway.