Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Yep Wal-Mart

Pics of Mumm-Ra with some MOTUC

wow, the head sizes are SO opposite!
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

That has to be the first walmart toy display I have ever seen
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well I found the 4inch Panthro, Tygra, and Wilykat and I am not all that imperssed with them. Lion-O was amazing, but these guys are your typical Bandai 4 inch figures. They don't even have waist rotation. Wilykat cannot even move his tail. What gives?! I hope when I find Cheetara and Kit they are better, but I am expecting to be disappointed. Tygra's head looks like a Xenomorph's while you cannot even tell Panthro has scars on him.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Well I found the 4inch Panthro, Tygra, and Wilykat and I am not all that imperssed with them. Lion-O was amazing, but these guys are your typical Bandai 4 inch figures. They don't even have waist rotation. Wilykat cannot even move his tail. What gives?! I hope when I find Cheetara and Kit they are better, but I am expecting to be disappointed. Tygra's head looks like a Xenomorph's while you cannot even tell Panthro has scars on him.
    Cheetara''s body is good but her hair is all plastic and attached to her back and butt.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    At least the Thunderkittens have articulation this time around. In the LJN line they were like Army Men.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Cheetara''s body is good but her hair is all plastic and attached to her back and butt.
    That's how I like my women. Nothing like a girl with a hairy back & butt.

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    If I saw a display like that id loose my mind!! All my TRU (only place that has em) have the figures thrown in a corner thats been picked over and emptied, with no refills.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

We have had a few LEGO displays, but they looked better than that. That looks like someone just got a fish tank and some other items from that part of the store and made that. I mean it looks cool but not as cool as one's that look like they were a designed display.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Definitely hand-made. Probably by a fan. It's fun. Wal-Mart just put a professional display up of the new "Butterfly" Optimus Prime that has lights and sounds. I'm surprised they were able to do that considering how precious retail space is at Wal-Mart. Then again, they had an end cap FULL of those things (at around $70 a piece... there had to be at LEAST 25 of them in one store) so I guess they hope it's a big seller.

In fact I would say whoever takes care of that toy aisle cares, I don't think I have ever seen a Wal-mart toy aisle look that neat.

Thundercats are loose at Canadian Toys R Us stores!

And something odd...they had the classics and the 6" new style toys, and looking at them in person I thought the 6" toon ones look BETTER than the classics! online I felt the opposite, heck I was even SLIGHTLY tempted to grab mumm-ra or panthro (slightly mind you) they (to me) look much nicer in person but I still am not overly wowed by them, but I must say MUCH better than my initial response and IMO a lot better than the classics - which to me looked kind of 'cheap'
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I just wish 6 inch Mumm-Ra's head was smaller.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    At least the Thunderkittens have articulation this time around. In the LJN line they were like Army Men.
    Not if you were fortunate to get the ULTRA RARE Companions versions. Wilykit, Kat and Snarf were actual figures!

Whoever put up that display won't be working at that Wal-Mart very long!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 10, 2011 at 12:05pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I just wish 6 inch Mumm-Ra's head was smaller.
    I wonder how the 6inch Mumm-ra would look with Hordak's head (more for proportion than anything). As is he looks like the witch doctor from BeatleJuice got a hold of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not if you were fortunate to get the ULTRA RARE Companions versions. Wilykit, Kat and Snarf were actual figures!
    The sad thing is that the new Wilykit and Kat have about as much articulation as the Companion versions...that is progress for you

How much are the 80s companions worth? I saw a Snarf MOC that I almost bidded on e-bay a couple weeks ago. It ended up going for a little over $90. I saw most of the new Thundercats figures at my local Toys R Us today. It looked like they were just missing Grune and non-mummy style Mummra. I went about an hour after they opened, so they might have been there.

WOW, really? Man, that woulda been cool back in the day! I gotta look up some pics. I remember that I always thought it was stupid that Kit and Kat were little statues...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    WOW, really? Man, that woulda been cool back in the day! I gotta look up some pics. I remember that I always thought it was stupid that Kit and Kat were little statues...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    How much are the 80s companions worth? I saw a Snarf MOC that I almost bidded on e-bay a couple weeks ago. It ended up going for a little over $90. I saw most of the new Thundercats figures at my local Toys R Us today. It looked like they were just missing Grune and non-mummy style Mummra. I went about an hour after they opened, so they might have been there.
    There's a Wilykit and Kat MOSC set on ebay right now going for $600!!!!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 10, 2011 at 12:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I got the Wily Kat Companion for Christmas, but I think my brother sold it to a toy shop a few years back along with my Cats Lair

I still have the little glider/skateboard thing he came with

Yeah, I only had the stupid army-man versions that were pack-ins. So to me the new versions are a definite step-up.

Neat! I know I had one of those Burbils back in the day, so those figures were around at least. Too bad I never got 'em! I love that they come with thier boards as well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Damn! Makes me wish mine were still mint and MOC!
    I might consider selling them for that price!

I actually have the companion versions of Wily Kat, Wily Kit, Snarf, and the 3 Berbil figures that were made. They are all beat up from being played with... with paint scrapes, etc, on them. I never did get Ma-Mutt, though.

Exactly how "rare" are they? Obviously they go for a lot MOC, but that tends to be the case for many MOC vintage T-Cats figures. I'm just wondering how lucky I was to even get them back when I was a kid.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Damn! Makes me wish mine were still mint and MOC!
    I might consider selling them for that price!

I actually have the companion versions of Wily Kat, Wily Kit, Snarf, and the 3 Berbil figures that were made. They are all beat up from being played with... with paint scrapes, etc, on them. I never did get Ma-Mutt, though.

Exactly how "rare" are they? Obviously they go for a lot MOC, but that tends to be the case for many MOC vintage T-Cats figures. I'm just wondering how lucky I was to even get them back when I was a kid.
    The Berbils and Ma-Mutt are not rare, I see them all the time. Snarf is a bit rarer.

Kit/Kat are pretty rare because most people got the standard pack in ones and never really opted for the single figures.

Of course we are all ignoring the obvious fact that due to the new show the costs have increased tremendously. I saw it just happen with Silverhawks, I had 5 auctions set to bid on and they were all pulled before Legacy aired and after Legacy aired they were relisted at 3x the price

While I'm a bigger Thundercats fan, I'd rather plunk down the money on Silverhawks due to their being made by Kenner. They hold up a lot better imo than LJN's toys.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!