Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would not be surprised if the toys ship early, launch was moved up 2 months according to my retail sources. Plus for toys the seasons and quarters are not the same as we see them (they can be fiscal which means your year ends in March or June for some companies)

Will be interesting though to see what they have for Toy Fair!!
    This info comes from Bandai USA PR. I'd assume we'd see the figures a couple of months prior to release, so I doubt they will be out in November. But who knows?
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    This info comes from Bandai USA PR. I'd assume we'd see the figures a couple of months prior to release, so I doubt they will be out in November. But who knows?
    Yeah its hard to say, I guess it all depends on if they are going to ship more stock of Wave 1 or just move on. Bandai ships stock without solicitation all the time for Ben 10 and Power Rangers, it just kinda shows up

We will just have to wait and see, it would not surprise me if new product ended up on shelves at Christmas time before a official reveal.

Whenever it comes though I think it will be neat to see if they made any changes, I know there was some criticism that the 6" line did not have as much care in paint job and details as the 4" and 8" Collectors lines.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yeah its hard to say, I guess it all depends on if they are going to ship more stock of Wave 1 or just move on. Bandai ships stock without solicitation all the time for Ben 10 and Power Rangers, it just kinda shows up

We will just have to wait and see, it would not surprise me if new product ended up on shelves at Christmas time before a official reveal.

Whenever it comes though I think it will be neat to see if they made any changes, I know there was some criticism that the 6" line did not have as much care in paint job and details as the 4" and 8" Collectors lines.
    Ah didn't know that about Bandai and their distributing habits... even so I don't think we will see them til early next year. Besides wouldn't we be seeing them sold on eBay round about now from places like Hong Kong etc... like we did with Wave 1 before it hit the USA?
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Thundercats Classics...

If they did shrink to fit the scale of MOTUC I am all in on this Bandai Line.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I am really confused. So is the Classics 8" line officially over with. I know the figures were really huge, but I liked them and was hoping to complete the main Thundercat team.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Why would you blame them? 6" is still out of scale with MOTUC. If they have to do it at a new scale I WISH they would do 7" but I still prefer 6" to those giant 8" figures. I saw them again at a comic shop last week and they just are too big IMO. Something about them just kind of looks cheap too and that scale really exaggerates it.
    ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    If they did shrink to fit the scale of MOTUC I am all in on this Bandai Line.
    SEE!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    ahem...

SEE!
    I didn't say that a lot of people didn't want it at MOTUC. I"m saying thats clearly not the reason they changed the scale because its NOT at motuc scale now. its at 6" scale. You said they only changed it because of people whining about MOTUC.. but its NOT in motuc scale now.

Finally found a Classics Lion-o at my local Hastings, paid a dollar more for him but that's better than shipping.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Ah didn't know that about Bandai and their distributing habits... even so I don't think we will see them til early next year. Besides wouldn't we be seeing them sold on eBay round about now from places like Hong Kong etc... like we did with Wave 1 before it hit the USA?
    It depends, HK is not always a good counter for when something is coming. Hasbro for example has some of their product filter out there and others just appear, same with Mattel.

Even then we saw Thundercats stuff filter on eBay about a month before it hit retail, if its hitting retail for Christmas (meaning the final week of November before the biggest sales day of the year in the USA) then you would start seeing it at the beginning of November.

Bandai is somewhat of an oddity, they don't need the 6 month ramp up Mattel and Hasbro do, presumably because they do smaller waves and have less backstock to keep stores going (which is one of the main reasons why stores have so much Bandai product on their shelves).

I am sure once you find out you will let us all know, you are bound to find out before we see them
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Sorry if this is city specific, but did anyone see any Thundercats stuff in any stores in Chicago? I sort of wanted to have the fun of finding them in a store rather than just ordering them all on the internet, but absolutely nothing has popped up at my local Target.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Sorry if this is city specific, but did anyone see any Thundercats stuff in any stores in Chicago? I sort of wanted to have the fun of finding them in a store rather than just ordering them all on the internet, but absolutely nothing has popped up at my local Target.
    I've never seen any Thundercats in any Target. Only Walmart and TRU has them here.

It's strange...TRU seems to be the only place stocking the Deluxe assortment here, along with the small role play stuff. None of the Walmarts have had any.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I've never seen any Thundercats in any Target. Only Walmart and TRU has them here.

It's strange...TRU seems to be the only place stocking the Deluxe assortment here, along with the small role play stuff. None of the Walmarts have had any.
    Walmarts did not intially order the Deluxe wave. They ordered everything else

Kmart and Toys R Us ordered the entire series (all the waves/skus) but Kmarts are all in Christmas stock right now. Some have put them out but the rest have them locked away which is why TRU is the only one having the deluxe ready

Target added most of the toys to their website recently but they opted not to order ANY Thundercats after Toy Fair and told Bandai to wait till closer to Christmas. That is why you don't see Thundercats at Target, it was a very bad decision for them.

Walmart, Kmart and TRU all upped their orders to release early and still get Christmas stock. TRU had a memo sent out confirming that.

That is why I keep telling people who want new waves that they need to realize how botched retailers did this launch. Bandai is now working over capacity to fill orders because retailers felt the line was better launched closer to now (hence why the show is returning from break this week, this was the original "launch" timeline for the toys since the show and 1st DVD would be on store shelves).

I can't wait to see new toys, hopefully Bandai gets some images out for the solicitations that Big Bad Toy Store received so we can see what they look like!

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I'm in the western suburbs outside Chicago(Oak Brook area). I've only seen them at ToysRus and 1 Walmart which isn't exactly nearby. None of my local Targets or nearby Walmarts carry them.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i've seen them at the TRU off belmont & western & the one on 81st and cicero. the walmart on lagrange off of joliet rd. has them too. i don't frequent the one the walmart by ford city anymore but i'm sure they would have them too.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Never seen these guy sat any store outside of TRU. No Walmart even has a price tag for them to signify they have even carried these guys.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Walmarts did not intially order the Deluxe wave. They ordered everything else

Kmart and Toys R Us ordered the entire series (all the waves/skus) but Kmarts are all in Christmas stock right now. Some have put them out but the rest have them locked away which is why TRU is the only one having the deluxe ready

Target added most of the toys to their website recently but they opted not to order ANY Thundercats after Toy Fair and told Bandai to wait till closer to Christmas. That is why you don't see Thundercats at Target, it was a very bad decision for them.

Walmart, Kmart and TRU all upped their orders to release early and still get Christmas stock. TRU had a memo sent out confirming that.
    Hastings has regular, deluxe and classics. Not sure what other types of stores have them also.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Hastings has regular, deluxe and classics. Not sure what other types of stores have them also.
    We lost all our Hastings a few years back when they shut down, I loved that store because they sold all sorts of stuff like the Stactions

I know some comic shops have them since they were solicited in Previews magazine, Gordmans and Kohls might be getting them for Christmas (they carried MOTU and carry Monster High and other popular toylines).

What is Hastings?

Never seen these guy sat any store outside of TRU. No Walmart even has a price tag for them to signify they have even carried these guys.
    It's weird that damn near all the Walmarts down here carry them, but Denver ones don't.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    What is Hastings?
    It's a store that sells new and used movies, video games, books, toys (all new), and other collectibles and nick-knacks. Cool place. They have some good deals online sometimes: Hastings Online
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Hastings is a great place when done right, ours recently came under new management who has gotten things like the CD selection under control. I often call it the Walmart of Comic Book stores with a video rental section. Walmart just for the idea of it being a brand.

Pixel Dan retweeted this comment earlier, will be interesting to see when Bandai finally lets us know the new wave information:

Nothing confirmed yet, but I have info that leads me to believe we might have jumped the gun on the #Thundercats 8" Classics demise.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    It's weird that damn near all the Walmarts down here carry them, but Denver ones don't.
    Here are the ones I go to:

Parker and Alameda
    Colfax and Wadsworth
    92nd and Sheridan
    Exposition and Albilene (this is down the street from where I live)
    Quebec and C470 (or whatever it is in Park Meadows)
    Santa Fe and Hampden
    Hampden where it turns into Havana
    Stapleton

Has there been any news about the Classics 8" line? I saw somewhere that there were new pics of the 6" line and it mentioned "Classics" and showed the new Cheetara and the vintage Lion-O. Did they get rid of the 8" line and combine the figures into the 6" line?

New 6 inch Classics. Really regret getting SDCC Lion-O now for $40.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/11/15/...ith-interview/