Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Interesting that they are dropping the classics (mostly) down to 6inch. Not sure if I will pick up a second Lion-o or not. Which I have a feeling will be an issue for many collectors and may end up hurting the line.

The next classic is female and a fan favorite. But I have kind of discovered the term 'fan favorite' is something most creators say to get people excited nothing more. So the next classics will be female, which probably means Cheetara, Pumyra, maybe Mandora.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Even though I like the 6 inch scale better for the classics, I'm really not digging Lion-o's face. It's ugly. Mumm-ra is a bit of a let down too. I was expecting something more grand. Cheetara is the definite stand out of all the reveals.
    She is gorgeous. I like Tygra too, they captured his new look perfectly.

I really like how Tygra and Cheetara look, they will fit in nice with the Panthro already in that line.

I am interested to see what they reserve the 8" for since they explicitly said they are keeping it around for a reason.

Its too bad Grune is not out yet in 6", I would kill though for an 8" Grune Classic
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I still haven't gotten around to buying 8" Tygra & 8" regular Lion-O. I haven't decided if I'm going to get them just to keep my 8" set complete(all 3 of them), but I'm definitely going to get the 6" Classic toys. As for the new Thundercats, I think I'm just going to stick with the 4" line. The new 6" reveals looks nice, but the smaller line seems to be where Bandai is focusing most of their efforts on. I'm still waiting on a plush Snarf though. I think I might prefer his new design to his classic one.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Lovin' those new 6" figures!

I'm really hoping we get some classic Mutants in that 6" line.

Still wish they went to 7 inch scale with Classics. The 6 inch figures are still small compared to other 6 inch lines.

They should just have done them in 7 inch scale. I hope Mumra comes with a cape?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

After Lion-O and Mumm-Ra are released, they'll drop the line and relaunch in 7 inch scale.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Still wish they went to 7 inch scale with Classics. The 6 inch figures are still small compared to other 6 inch lines.
    Really? I was under the impression that 6" Panthro and Mumm-Ra (from the new show) were pretty big. Lion-O was smaller because he's still young.

Panthro has huge arms, but pretty short. Mumm-Ra is pretty big, but has the tiniest head they could sculpt. They all kind of do.

New 6 inch Classics. Really regret getting SDCC Lion-O now for $40.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/11/15/...ith-interview/
    I think I'm done with the Classic T-cats then unless they really do come through with more 8'' figures like they say. I LIKED the 8'' scale. Also, I find it very irritating that (given the production lead times on toys) Bandai HAD to know they were making the switch when the 8'' figures launched at retail. They knew collectors were investing in a line that was going nowhere - even partnering with TRU and EE on an over-priced SDCC exclusive.

In addition to that - they kept doing interviews that made it seem like the 8'' line was going to continue. At this point it seems the most we can hope for is some retailer exclusive. But I wonder if I should buy the next one in the hopes it continues or just get out now while I can.

I'm definitely not investing in yet another scale of them. Especially as the Lion-O head looks awful (why is his mouth a square?) and the Mumm-Ra sculpt seems kind of flat and blah. His chest in particular looks very soft in the sculpt.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I wonder how flexible that skirt thing is on Classics Mumm-Ra.
    That might screw up his hip articulation.

I agree with the sentiments that they could be dropping the 8" line. My thought would be just stick with one and continue with it rather than dropping one. In some ways I feel cheated buying both Lion-O and Tygra in 8" if the rest of the classics are going to be in 6". At that point, I'll just keep Lion-O and Tygra and finish the collection with the remaining figures.

love the new Cheetara! hope i can find her

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

BAH. New 6 inches continue to look fantastic. I've already gotten the little guys, but I'm still so torn! At the very least, I will be getting the classics...though Lion-O is annoying. I understand wanting to sell something different for those that for the 8 inch one already, but I was TOTALLY prepared to unload the 8 inch one in favor of this one! Now I don't know. Why not TWO heads? Why just the shouting one?

Mumm-Ra is fantastic save for his lack of blades. Come on! That was my favorite part of the old figure! Why does he come with nothing? BOOOO!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

So the 8 inch line is staying in some form. I'm not buying the 6 inch line it's too much. I bought all three 8 inch figures and every single thing in the 4 inch.

But am I right they are gonna continue the 8 inch line.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I need to express my feelings about this lameness, therefore I will paste what I said in a ThunderCats dedicated message board.

6" (?) Lion-O has an expression of pain, is it from when he pranked Snarf about having a cramp?! At least throw an interchangeable head in! And his chest still looks like having gynecomastia; the pecs are supposed to be larger in the mid section, not the lower!

As for Mumm-Ra, he looks as he's been sharing the same diet with Ma-Mutt. What kind of torso is that?! Makes even Steven Seagal look like Mr. Olympia! Anatomy people, anatomy... even Mattel did a far greater job in the original MOTU.

Dear Bandai, please quit the classics and let the Four Horsemen take over. Sell the rights, do whatever it takes. Fans will be extremely disappointed and the line will be canceled, while I'll be very unhappy not to have any classics for my children to play with. Trust me I'm not the average fan, I am studying Product Design.

Only people who were kids of the 80s, wherever ThunderCats were popular should be allowed to design these figures. I am absolutely sure that none of their designers watched ThunderCats as a kid, therefore they cannot do proper sculpts.

Why? Every single thing looks off, just look at those fangs... clear evidence of Asian designers who never watched the show before they were hired to do the sculpts. If not in pain, Lion-O sure looks like imitating some kabuki mask or Tekken's Yoshimitsu! Great for an anime figure, but not a classics ThunderCats toyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    So the 8 inch line is staying in some form. I'm not buying the 6 inch line it's too much. I bought all three 8 inch figures and every single thing in the 4 inch.

But am I right they are gonna continue the 8 inch line.
    So far maybe a Classic 8 inch Cheetara.

However we do plan to release the 8” scale in a limited edition capacity in support of those who have been with the line since the first release. Details are still being worked out, but all I can say is SHE is a fan favorite.

So far maybe a Classic 8 inch Cheetara.
    I really don't want this line to end. The 6 inch lion-o has the dumbest face. He looks like he's digging into some fancy feast. Oh well I hope they still keep it going.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I will continue to buy EVERYTHING Thundercats even if I hate the change. Lion-O's mouth is so stupid...... and it KILLS the rankin/bass feel!

Do I wish I never collected the 8 inch now? Yes and no. Yes because its money and space being occupied on a line that is incomplete..... No because Ill just find somewhere else to put them as a team and look cool.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Gah! That 6" classics Lion-O looks horrible! WHY did they give him that angry head?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I agree the 6" Classic Lion-O head does look horrible with the open mouth.

So let me make sure I've got this straight as there UK release is quickly approaching.
    We know have that following:
    4" New style
    6" New style
    8" Classics
    6" Classics

Is that right?

I'm not getting any of the the new style and now I'm not sure what to do with the Classics. I might not bother with the 8" and just wait for the 6".

Here a link to the UK pricing. £14.99 seems a lot for the 8"Classics, how much did they cost in the US?

http://www.thundercatslair.org/wp-co..._bandai_uk.jpg

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I agree the 6" Classic Lion-O head does look horrible with the open mouth.

So let me make sure I've got this straight as there UK release is quickly approaching.
    We know have that following:
    4" New style
    6" New style
    8" Classics
    6" Classics

Is that right?

I'm not getting any of the the new style and now I'm not sure what to do with the Classics. I might not bother with the 8" and just wait for the 6".

Here a link to the UK pricing. £14.99 seems a lot for the 8"Classics, how much did they cost in the US?

http://www.thundercatslair.org/wp-co..._bandai_uk.jpg
    15 or 16 US dollars.
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 16, 2011 at 11:27am.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yep, so the price is actually comparable.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yep, so the price is actually comparable.
    Using three online tools 14.99 pounds sterling is 23.64 US dollars.