Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

i really found interesting all about the new tcats

I hope the new series and figures tcats work well, it will help motu.

Looks promising. Will hold off further judgment until I see the series. Though I agree: Panthro=Jetblack

A big fan of Slush Head
    Man I really hate that Panthro. The others aren't so bad but Panthro is awful.
    What's with the sideburns?

I hope it turns out to be a good show. I want to see Mumm-Ra's look now.
    I wonder how he'll look like.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I hate to say it (especially with my rep on these forums) but so far I prefer the classic look.

Maybe seeing these designs in motion and seeing the world in which these designs work might change my mind.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I hate to say it (especially with my rep on these forums) but so far I prefer the classic look.

Maybe seeing these designs in motion and seeing the world in which these designs work might change my mind.
    You are not alone man! Me too.
    I hope the animation changes my mind aswell.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Man I really hate that Panthro. The others aren't so bad but Panthro is awful.
    What's with the sideburns?

I hope it turns out to be a good show. I want to see Mumm-Ra's look now.
    I wonder how he'll look like.
    Perhaps they intend characters to grow older over the seasons and thus he'd lose remaining hair over the time?

BTW, who's the character designer?

It looks interesting. My childhood love compells me to give it a chance, just like I did for when TMNT and MOTU came back in the early 2000's and Transformers Prime and G.I.Joe Renegades came out last month or so. Will it be good like Turtles and He-Man or a stretch like Prime and Renegades? We'll see.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Oh the irony, mr MOTU 200x likes the classic Thundercats better

I think its a nice update, will give the cartoon a fair shake.

Hope to see some of the other characters in coming weeks
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ha, interesting. Thanks! I uh, I really don't know why they messed with the stylization of Lion-O's hair like that. In the promo art it looked more like his original do while this makes him look like a generic anime dude. Those costumes are overdone too. Tigra's wearing the wrong colors, and Panthro...well, he's not really himself. I'm sure lots of old timers will complain these aren't as good as the originals, but I just think updates could have resembled the originals more and still felt modern. I actually liked that Lion-O drawing from a few years ago better than this. At least they look like they have fur and not just human skin. I almost hate to see what they'll do to my favorites like Slythe and Vulture Man.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Ha, interesting. Thanks! I uh, I really don't know why they messed with the stylization of Lion-O's hair like that. In the promo art it looked more like his original do while this makes him look like a generic anime dude. Those costumes are overdone too. Tigra's wearing the wrong colors, and Panthro...well, he's not really himself. I'm sure lots of old timers will complain these aren't as good as the originals, but I just think updates could have resembled the originals more and still felt modern. I actually liked that Lion-O drawing from a few years ago better than this. At least they look like they have fur and not just human skin. I almost hate to see what they'll do to my favorites like Slythe and Vulture Man.
    They could have went the Thundercats Rock Band route, at least in this they are more kind to the original.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    THANK GOD. I am so tired of MOTUC being the only game in town. The figures fall apart, and are overpriced. Dont get me wrong im a fan, a huge fan, but Thundercats in my heart.

That being said, im OK with the new series, its not MY Thundercats and it never will be, but it doesnt have to be, thankfully we get our classics with the new stuff, my 25 year old LJN's cant take much more abuse lol!

I will say the new designs look great and really are a refresh. Panthro however sucks from the neck up. 1 eye...... really....... really? The haircut is just horrible, Panthro was more just bald.... this makes him look like a homeless grappler. The sword looks fantastic, and IMO looks better than the original,even the claw.

Tygra looks amazing for once and uh I guess the gun is ok, deffintally will take away his lame factor. Once and IF we get Bengail, I officially loose my mind. W00T!!

MOTUC Beware..... the cats are loose!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Why are people complaining about Tygra having a gun? It could be a gas gun ala Green Hornet or even a smoke gun. I say its about time the man got a real weapon. They are at war with the Mutants, its about time he was armed to go along with his other skills.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Oh the irony, mr MOTU 200x likes the classic Thundercats better
    Believe me, the irony is not lost on me!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Why are people complaining about Tygra having a gun?
    Its more of a shock thing in my case, im sure it'll be a electric tazer thing wich would be amazingly cool if so, if they made him more of a bounty hunter dude too, that works. Its a very visually nice upgrade for him, these suits are more practical. So far A+ on everything but Panthro's head.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I'll wait until I see the cartoon before passing judgement(or at least better pics), but I'm not loving what I see(but it also doesn't have me shaking my fists to the heavens either). Cheetara reminds me of Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner...

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Panthro's sideburns look interesting....
    Is this a fashion trend I'm not hip to? Hasbro made G.I. Joe: Renegades' Roadblock another bald guy with sideburns. Since Panthro was my favorite character from the original show, I'm not a big fan of his new hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I do hope that they don't follow the Transformers Prime route though
    What route is that? I started to watch the pilot episode but turned it off not long after "The Rock" was killed.

While I prefer the original designs, I'm OK with a younger Lion-O, Tigra with a gun, and an anorexic hooker..er...I mean Cheetara. On the other hand Panthro, who was one of my favorite toy/toon characters from my childhood, is absolute crap imho. Bald guys should not grow mutton chops. Also, why are his forearms so hairy?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 26, 2011 at 04:52am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    I'm not too crazy about Panthro but everyone else looks cool. I hope the stories are good.

I like the look of all of them except Lion-O. He looks like a kid and the costume isn't that good either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Yes it is. It looks like they will be releasing 3 scaled lines. The 4 inch Modern line, the 15 inch deluxe Modern line and the 20 inch deluxe classic line.

I don't see where the logic is to release 3 different scales.
    See Matty you can do two lines form the same brand with different looks. And only one of them will have entertainment.

Yeah LIon-o looked way better in that teaser poster released awhile back.

Does anybody know if they delete accounts on thundercatslair.org if you don't post for a while? I'm sure I had an account because I used to posted when the UK dvd's came out, but they don't have an account for my username or email address anymore, I just had to resign up
    Last edited by 13977; January 26, 2011 at 05:52am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Where are Wilykit and Wilykat? Where is Snarf? Why is Panthro an ape?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I think I know why the Tcat 2011 designs haven't wowed me like the 200X designs did.

I think it's because the 200X designs mostly added lots of McFarlane-esque detail to the original 80's designs, instead of outright giving characters new costumes. The TCats 2011 designs are even more radically different, while they retain somewhat familiar elements. Keep in mind that I don't hate the new looks at all.

I guess I can see this akin to G.I. Joe Renegades and I like that show. I didn't like the designs at first, but seeing them in action has made them grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    See Matty you can do two lines form the same brand with different looks. And only one of them will have entertainment.
    They'd argue that entertainment for one brand would be enough. Like the RGD crew said that Transformers have multiple lines out there, but Toyguru said that the entertainment for ONE of them made it possible.

ThunderCats Classics is only do-able since they have the new entertainment as the main focus.

If anything, this is the way to do it, rather than get rid your classics lines temporarily in favor of all movie stuff. I'm looking at you, Hasbro!

Heroic Warrior
    Now that I've had a day to live with these, I'd say they are pretty good. Right now I'm more excited for the toon than for the Figures but that could change once better images are released.

Plus, I'm waiting for the reveal of the Villains. It's all about the Villains! If they look awesome, then I'm all in!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

I think these are great designs! Remember te aim to to appeal to new younger fans as well as original fans so they have to keep up with the times!

Each design is unique to the character! In the 80s version, all the TCats were the same size yet Panthro is the strongest! So I don't think it is a far stretch to change their physiques!

Plus as much as we all love the original, I don't think the short spandex would fly in 2011.

I hope there is enough support for this to run further than the 200x He-Man because it was a CRIME that it was cut short!

Hopefully this would span out as long as the original if not further!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    THANK GOD. I am so tired of MOTUC being the only game in town. The figures fall apart
    I think I have a solution for that.... STOP BREAKING THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheHonour86 View Post
    Each design is unique to the character! In the 80s version, all the TCats were the same size yet Panthro is the strongest! So I don't think it is a far stretch to change their physiques!
    By that logic, Arnold Schwarzenegger should had been among the tallest men in the world.

I think I know why the Tcat 2011 designs haven't wowed me like the 200X designs did.

I think it's because the 200X designs mostly added lots of McFarlane-esque detail to the original 80's designs, instead of outright giving characters new costumes.
    What about Teela, Sorceress, king Randor, queen Marlena, Battle-Cat...?
    Last edited by Grimbot; January 26, 2011 at 09:39am.

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Does anybody know if they delete accounts on thundercatslair.org if you don't post for a while? I'm sure I had an account because I used to posted when the UK dvd's came out, but they don't have an account for my username or email address anymore, I just had to resign up
    We have done some pruning recently for accounts that were not active and accounts that were deemed as spam (not yours BTW). We had quite a bit of spammers and accounts that were not used for a while.

Sorry for the inconveniece...glad you signed up again
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I was never a huge TC fan - I watched the show fairly regularly, but never collected any of the toys - but I think the designs are OK - no complaints, and I actually really like Cheetara and Tygra's designs.

I really want to see Mumm-Ra and his three goons - Slythe, Monkian and Jackalman!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."