Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Pesky Bandai not allowing me to import the tank & tower from amazon!
    Greed isn't it. I think its disgusting we are being charged the same in pounds as they are in dollars. Thats almost double the cost. Very bad form from Bandai. Its not like they are importing from a secondary source, its all money in their pocket. Hopefully the price will drop a bit because £8 per figure for these is absurd.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Hopefully the price will drop a bit because £8 per figure for these is absurd.
    I have to agree. They are not gonna sell at the current prices and I'm not sure what they were thinking. Then again might be to do with their limited release thus far. I know Argos aren't stocking them right now and they are the biggest UK toy retailer.

To sell them in the new year they are gonna have to cut the prices quite a bit. They should be around £5.99 per figure in my opinion.

As for the Amazon.com prices I'm tempted to get them shipped to a friend, but I'm still debating whether to get the ThunderTank and Tower due to space issues...
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I wasn't planning on getting the Thundertank space issues being a very very strong argument. But it costing 10 bucks is very tempting.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Was able to get the 6" Classic figures a couple weeks back and was super disappointed that the joints are still discolored. Add to that...they added very visible screws on the back of each figure.

Kind of wish they just stuck with the 8" scale and focused their resources on improving that line rather than start off on the wrong foot.

Get them where?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Was able to get the 6" Classic figures a couple weeks back and was super disappointed that the joints are still discolored. Add to that...they added very visible screws on the back of each figure.
    So they're the same quality as the 6" "modern" figures?

I can't believe how bad Bandai is dropping the ball on this line.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I like them! I wish Classics Lion-O was the height of Classics Mumm-Ra though...and Mumm-Ra was a little taller. That would have been PERFECT scale, in my opinion. I like this scale MUCH better than 8 inches though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Thank goodness it's early yet. Hopefully Lion-O and Mumm-Ra WILL be out again with variants done right. Better than making characters with little to no hope of getting re-done.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I wasn't planning on getting the Thundertank space issues being a very very strong argument. But it costing 10 bucks is very tempting.
    Your right. At that price, if you decide you don't have space you can always donate them to charity I might bite and at least get the tank

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Get them where?
    They are on Amazon, sold by Enchanted Toy Chest (remember folks if you go looking for them and buy, click the org link to Amazon first )

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I like them! I wish Classics Lion-O was the height of Classics Mumm-Ra though...and Mumm-Ra was a little taller. That would have been PERFECT scale, in my opinion. I like this scale MUCH better than 8 inches though.
    I think I'm getting the 14" Mezco Mumm-Ra as he looks much nicer! He might also fit better scale wise with the 8" Bandai Lion-O I can live with less articulation on Mumm-Ra, for a better looking figure. I don't play (ahem pose... ) my collection anyway.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Well, I liked the 6" Mumm-Ra (WB) figure. The Panthro is also cool with the exception of the unpainted nunchuks. Lion-O is the only one I had a problem with due to the face sculpt. It looked pretty bad.

Also, the upcoming 6" Cheetara and Tygra figures look pretty good though. I'm willing to give them a chance.

Get them where?
    I went directly to Enchanted Toy Chest. When it was in stock, it was only $29.99. Enchanted Toy Chest sells the 6" Classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra for $34.99 on Amazon, so it was cheaper to go to their site.

$29 for each figure?

$29 for each figure?
    No, for both Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. They were only sold as a set.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Well, I liked the 6" Mumm-Ra (WB) figure. The Panthro is also cool with the exception of the unpainted nunchuks. Lion-O is the only one I had a problem with due to the face sculpt. It looked pretty bad.

Also, the upcoming 6" Cheetara and Tygra figures look pretty good though. I'm willing to give them a chance.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the 6" figures it's just that I wish Bandai would have learned their lesson from the first wave of 6" figures and fixed some of the problems like the screws and unpainted joints. I'm a bit disappointed. Bandai CAN do excellent work when they want to.

I too love the Mum-Ra figure!

Yes I agree that the wave 2 modern figures look outstanding from the prototypes. I want to see pics of the figures from the back. I just know that they'll be covered in those ugly screws.

OMG!!!

I just checked Amazon.com for fun and the Tower of Omens is now only $11.99!!!

Thundertank = $9.99
    8 inch Lion-O = $11.89
    8 inch Tygra = $9.99
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    OMG!!!

I just checked Amazon.com for fun and the Tower of Omens is now only $11.99!!!

Thundertank = $9.99
    8 inch Lion-O = $11.89
    8 inch Tygra = $9.99
    Argh! Anyone want to buy a tower and post it to the UK?

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    battlecat appearing in the TC cartoon??

ok kinda

this just show much of a nerd i am, when the tank is in full attack mode at least twice now we hear an roar coming from the tank/engine and it is the stock roar from the filmation battlecat transformation.

am i wrong

best one i've heard so far is when tigra brings in the tank in the astral planes ep
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Theres alot of negativity reguarding this line because so many people want it to be MOTUC...... honestly, IMO, I think this line is WAY more fun than MOTUC. MOTUC might as well be statues in terms of how manys flaws and how quick they break (Note : most of my stuff has horrible paint aps and loose limbs).

The ONLY thing I see that bandai has truely done a injustice so far is the paint aps for extra detail. The Tower of Omens is a joke paint wise. And the pegs on the 6 inch figures really need to be looked into. Lion-O's floppy sword doesnt bother me terribly because I understand this one is a childrens line and children of this era are dumb for the most part.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm still not sure about the new Thundercats - the toys haven't "hit me" as much as 200x MOTU did or even TMNT in 2003.

I think the scale is a major issue for me - the regular figures are too small, the large scale figures should be a bit larger and bulkier.

The quality of the figures is a bit hit and miss, I don't like the exposed screws on the figures and the weapons are so flimsy and warped.

I've got another batch coming to me as a gift for Christmas, but I can't say I'm looking forward to them.

Bandai should have released toys which were designed/developed for both children and adult fans - the toys are a bit too toy-ish for me now.

Still love the new show though.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Theres alot of negativity reguarding this line because so many people want it to be MOTUC...... honestly, IMO, I think this line is WAY more fun than MOTUC.

I think it is because some out there tend to think that MOTUC have set action figures to a certain standard, and if all other action figures do not live up to that standard, then it is grounds to whine on the He-Man.Org forums about how Bandai should be making Thundercats figures like MOTUC.

Thing is, these figures have NOTHING to do with MOTUC and never will. They are Thundercats, made for Thundercats fans of all ages to promote a cartoon called Thundercats, NOT Masters of the Universe. These figures should be judged on their own merit instead of always being compared to the latest Mecka Lecka Armor Photog that Mattel makes.

So far, I like the figures as they are except how bendy the weapons are and, once bent a certain way, stay that way forever.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    WHen it comes to comparing Thundercats and MOTUC, I think it has to do with the quality. Yes, Thundercats are not He-Man, but Mattel raised the bar with the He-Man line, hell, with the DCU line too. Every figure that is 6 inches should be like that in how much articulation it has, the details in the sculpt, and the flexibility to easily swap pieces.

It is just like what Hasbro did with 4inch figures. Their 25th Anniversary Joe line set a new standard that if the figures are not as high quality as those, they suck. Look at all of Mattel's 4 inch lines, they are utter garbage. There is a reason their DC line did not last more than 18 months (if it was even that long), and they continue to show their inepitude to even learn how to properly make a 4inch figure with their 4inch movie and Young Justice lines. Mattel either needs to actually take a GI Joe figure and look at it, study it hard, or just stop wasting their money on a crappy line that nobody wants and put it towards the figures that matter. Mattel owns 6inch toylines, Hasbro owns the 4inch ones.

Oh, and Bandai is no better. Their 4inch lines have been utter crap too as they do not even know how to make a 4inch figure proportionate. From big hands to small heads, their 4inch figures suck as well.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Oh, and Bandai is no better. Their 4inch lines have been utter crap too as they do not even know how to make a 4inch figure proportionate. From big hands to small heads, their 4inch figures suck as well.
    That's actually a style choice. Super deformed, chibi, etc. I wish they would do their Power Rangers in scale like they used to be. The style choice for the 4 inch MMPR figures was disappointing for me. They're still really cool, but I wish they were proportionate.

Also, Thundertank is now $8.99 at Amazon.com!

Other notable mentions:

Tower of Omens: $11.49
    Lion-O: $4
    Tygra: $4.80
    8 inch Tygra: $8.99
    8 inch Lion-O: $16.60 (price jump)

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm really surprised that no one has done pics of the new 6" Classics figures next to some MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I'm really surprised that no one has done pics of the new 6" Classics figures next to some MOTUC.
    the 8" are too tall and the 6" will be too short.

the 6" should line up with ML and DCUC pretty good tho.

Lion-O is smaller than I thought. DCUC figures are bigger. (not my pics)

i ended up ordering the 8" figs from amazon since they were half off.