Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

I saw an entire case of SDCC Lion-Os at TRU last week.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    mumm-ra's eyes need paint and lion-os boot pegs, but other than that A+
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Picked up 6" Panthro last night from TRU and he now my fav with 6" Mumm-Ra being a close second (the modern version) Yeah all these figures have their flaws, and the quailty isn't as high as MOTUC, but I love the heck outta these figures! I'm getting the tower of omens for Christmas and can't wait to have it all setup!

I am SO on the prowl for the new 6" Classics...

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    that lion-o head sucks. they should have packed in another head w/ him.

=|
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I picked up the 6 inch Classics Mumm-Ra and Lion-O. Really cool figures overall, with the exception of Lion-O's head.

Dang where are you guys finding these? The only store around here that has them is TRU, and they dont have em yet

i opened my 8" lion-o and tigra. wow, except for the articulation, these figures feel like you'd get back in the 90s. cheap shiny plastic. both of their eyes are off center (one close to the nose; one further from it). tigra is kinda bleh. the one good thing about lion-o is his accessories and the fact you can pose him for thundercats HOOOOOOO!

He's closer to 200x He-Man's scale.

Movie mayhem!
    Man they just can't seem to get the scale right on these guys. Don't these companies understand that they will get more customers if they provide a product in the same scale as other successful lines?

I finally found the new 6” Classic Thundecats at my local Wal-Mart today.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Was able to get the 6" Classic figures a couple weeks back and was super disappointed that the joints are still discolored. Add to that...they added very visible screws on the back of each figure.

Kind of wish they just stuck with the 8" scale and focused their resources on improving that line rather than start off on the wrong foot.
    The discolored joints and exposed screws were my only complaint. But overall, I love everything else about these figures too much to let those 2 quirks taint my joy for finally having some good articulated classic Thundercats. I actually prefer this new 6” scale over the 8” figures. I bought the 8” Tygra and his ankles were slightly loose. Because of the massive weight of the figure, he couldn’t stand up. So I took him back. My 6” Lion-O’s ankles are just about as loose but he stands just fine without any tendency to lean over and fall. Plus I like having the classic 80’s characters and the new versions at the same scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    Really cool figures overall, with the exception of Lion-O's head.
    I like the 8” Lion-O’s head better. But I do like this new head better in person than I initially thought I would. It is a good sculpt. I think it captures his likeness well if he was yelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Man they just can't seem to get the scale right on these guys. Don't these companies understand that they will get more customers if they provide a product in the same scale as other successful lines?
    I will respectfully argue that Bandai got these new 6" Thundercats Classics figures at the perfect scale. Mattel had the 200X line at the perfect scale. DCUC are at the perfect scale. It is the MOTUC line that is too large in my opinion. I say this because smaller scale figures like DCUC and this new 6” Thundercats line can stand just fine with ankles that are slightly loose. I think many of the problems with MOTUC figures regarding loose joints (especially ankles) are made worse because of their large size and immense weight.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Looks like these are hitting Targets as well. Time to go hunting while listening to Roast Gooble Dinner.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockthePlank View Post
    Dang where are you guys finding these? The only store around here that has them is TRU, and they dont have em yet
    Surprisingly, I found them at Target. It was the first time I have seen Thundercat toys their.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Would be nice if my Walmarts carried Thundercats period. They are supposedly cheaper there than at TRU. Plus, TRU's shelve are clogged with them, so they will never restock.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I was at TRU at 1am a few nights ago and they were cleared out of all the figures. The only Thundercats items they had was the Tower of Omens and the Thundertank. It looks like this series is doing okay; can't wait to see the new 6" classic figures in stores.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Walmarts near me both of them do not carry Tcats. TRU (4 near me) are SOLD OUT of everything except Classics Tygra, Tank and Tower. Target claimed (2 near me) They will not be carrying Thundercats, and K Mart near me (2) have dropped the line.

No clue if its selling out or people are just not re-ordering cause of Lion-O and Mumm-Ra hogging space again. Hope this line does really good, because Im having a blast with it, I just wish product was easier to find and moved faster to release dates.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Maybe it's not just me, but the ThunderRacers when loaded with figures are too heavy for the ThunderTank. The connectors are too weak to support the added weight. The ThunderTank arms just fall off. Bummer.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe it's not just me, but the ThunderRacers when loaded with figures are too heavy for the ThunderTank. The connectors are too weak to support the added weight. The ThunderTank arms just fall off. Bummer.
    i don't even understand why those pieces are removable (not the racers themselves, but the arms that the racers attach to).

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post

The discolored joints and exposed screws were my only complaint. But overall, I love everything else about these figures too much to let those 2 quirks taint my joy for finally having some good articulated classic Thundercats. I actually prefer this new 6” scale over the 8” figures. I bought the 8” Tygra and his ankles were slightly loose. Because of the massive weight of the figure, he couldn’t stand up. So I took him back. My 6” Lion-O’s ankles are just about as loose but he stands just fine without any tendency to lean over and fall. Plus I like having the classic 80’s characters and the new versions at the same scale.

I like the 8” Lion-O’s head better. But I do like this new head better in person than I initially thought I would. It is a good sculpt. I think it captures his likeness well if he was yelling.

I will respectfully argue that Bandai got these new 6" Thundercats Classics figures at the perfect scale. Mattel had the 200X line at the perfect scale. DCUC are at the perfect scale. It is the MOTUC line that is too large in my opinion. I say this because smaller scale figures like DCUC and this new 6” Thundercats line can stand just fine with ankles that are slightly loose. I think many of the problems with MOTUC figures regarding loose joints (especially ankles) are made worse because of their large size and immense weight.
    Be that as it may, MOTUC came out first, and the two lines have a very cross pollinated fan base and appeal to the same type of customers. I will agree that I had wished that MOTUC came out at the DCU scale. But it didn't and while at least now these new Tcats toys fit in with the DCU the line that it makes the most sense for them to fit in with they still don't.

Also... i will say that will i was one of the many saying I wished MOTU came in 6" now that I have these things I really think they are the perfect size. I love the way they feel in your hand and the bulk.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I finally grabbed a 6" Classics Lion-O from Target. I don't mind the slightly shorter scale and I actually don't mind the face all that much. What does bother me is how skinny he is. Lion-O's built like a GI Joe figure! Ug.
    And no, I'm not just saying that the figure is too skinny because I want him to be more like MOTUC. I want him to have a chunkiness reminiscent of the Lion-O that I had in the 80's.
    That really bums me out.
    Oh well.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    How much is 6'' classics Lion-O going for by himself?

On another note, 4'' basic Mumm-Ra cannot hold his sword for ****! His gauntlet is the only thing that can hold the thing. Why bother giving an action figure a weapon that it cannot hold in it's own hand?!
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    On another note, 4'' basic Mumm-Ra cannot hold his sword for ****! His gauntlet is the only thing that can hold the thing. Why bother giving an action figure a weapon that it cannot hold in it's own hand?!
    put the hilt side and handle between his thumb and hand, works fine!

Got my Cheetara to stand using a GI Joe stand I was using on my Snake Eyes. It's a bit snug but it's holding her up.

Her feet aren't flat, they bend out just a bit might work if they were on the other foot.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well I caved in and ordered the Tower of Omens and Thundertank from Amazon.com At those prices they really were a steal! I added 4" Wilykit too, just to bump the price up to get free shipping. I chose one of the Wily kids as I begrudge paying Ł8 in the UK for them, the most out of all the 4" figures! Mostly down to them having only basic articulation.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Walmart got the new 6" figures and the big Gold Armored Lion-O, saw them on the shelf today

Gold Lion-O was $23.97, I love how it looks

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I picked up the Lion-o since that seems to be the direction they are taking the Classics. I may or may not pick up new 6 inch Lion-0, Cheetara and Panthro now they have Cheetara out. It is a scale I prefer for collecting. I did see classics Mumm-ra but passed, and I saw the armor it was what I expected.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it