Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

I'm out often recently due to searching for Skylanders, so another stop at Wal-Mart drew me to Panthro and Tygra...again. I feel stupid and I'll totally take the title for this being the THIRD Tygra I've bought. Once with eyes too low, next with eyes "fixed" and now with eyes PERFECT. Nice job, Alexx. Coulda just waited on these to show up at all the stores but NOOOOO....

Anyway:

It's Jax Panthro! I wasn't gona get him until I saw this:

They painted his chucks! YAY! Still, there are some odd things about him. For one, they molded a new set of chucks that you can put on his belt, but they took the claws off them. That, and they have a different sized peg now, so you can't use the ones from the previous Panthro and vice versa. That, and this Panthro has no ankle joints or wrist joints. What the heck man? Oh well, still a fun toy, all told. And the regular chucks of course look great with the previous Panthro:

So it's good to know that Panthro was able to retrieve arms!

Next:

Tygra gets more serious, AND he is possibly compensating for something?

As it's been stated earlier in the thread: Tygra now has a longer whip! I was happy with the previous one, but this one ain't bad either. Now you can wrap it around stuff 'n all that.

Otherwise: same figure! Just looking cooler now with the new serious bro hatin' eyes.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The new Tygra head does make him look better and less like they put stickers on for his eyes. And about waiting on updates, I think the problem is we are so used to the toylines that basically shrug their shoulders and say be happy with having something over nothing. The colored nunchucks look like an easy fix though seeing those, just a matter of getting the right blue and red.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Is that a 4" Panthro or a 6"?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

That's the 4", the 6" has full ball articulatin, the spikes are spikes, the ankles have side to side articulation, and the faces are a bit different.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Yup. Target is the only place I saw this. It was $28.99, so not much cheaper than the Thundertank.

ACK!!!!! Dammit!!! So, either I'll cave in and get it (if it shows up at my local Target and that is a strong IF considering my local Target still has DC and other figures lingering on store shelves from probably a year ago) or I wait until Snarf is, once again, offered into the line. McDonalds might one day do a Thundercats figure happy meal promotion too. There is always that option.
    Last edited by Hordak Alpha; January 23, 2012 at 01:50am.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I found the Armor of Omens at Walmart the other day!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I hadn't planned on picking any of these up, but a trip to Target where there's literally nothing else available made me think otherwise. I've been eyeing them in the aisles for a while. The relatively cheap price and the fact that I can pick these up in stores has made me hop on the Thundercats train.

So today I'm looking at the 6 inch Lion-O. Check out the full review and thanks for reading!

Infinite Hollywood: Thundercats Classics 6 Inch Lion-O Review
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Has everyone seen the new packaging gimmick revealed at the UK Toy Fair?

From today children can play with toys before even opening the box as new technology will allow them to see fully formed 3D models from the box packaging, allowing them to examine every part of the toy before purchase.

The innovative technology pioneered by manufacturer Bandai, is set to transform the way consumers view toys as they can use a smartphone to view the 3D virtual models from the packaging anywhere in the world.

Selected toys including the brand new ThunderCats action figure of Lion-O, will showcase the technology as fans will be able to see a lifelike model of the toy projected from the box, simply from using a smartphone directed at the toy packaging.

Bandai has become the first toy company to work with Aurasma bringing their toy boxes to virtual life with the augmented reality app, meaning consumers can use the technology, whenever and wherever, not just in a toy shop. The new 3D engine will be showcased at London Toy Fair in Olympia today using Lion-O from ThunderCats and Ben 10 action figures. Users just point the camera of their mobile device at the boxes and using the app, a 3D augmented reality figure of the toy inside magically appears on top of the box.

Consumers will also be able to watch the corresponding toy TV commercials for Power Rangers, Ben 10, the highly anticipated ThunderCats range, and Harumika, a fashion design product for girls by pointing their smartphone at the toy packaging using the Aurasma app.

Marketing Director at Bandai, Darrell Jones comments, “The toy industry is always looking for new ways to excite customers so we are thrilled to be the first partner of this pioneering 3D technology creating 21st century window shopping. The fact that consumers can see their toys virtually and also watch them in action in the TV commercial anywhere in the world is a real first for the toy industry, and we look forward to extending the partnership across all our toys in 2012.”

“Parents will now have to remember not to throw away the packaging which, thanks to Aurasma, looks set to become an essential part of the toy’s experience and something kids keep returning to,” said Martina King, Managing Director of Aurasma. Martina continued, “Using new technology comes as second nature to kids today and whether using their parents’ or their own mobile phone, this imaginative partnership between Aurasma and Bandai will delight the whole family. And best of all, because Aurasma is free to download, it means that now pocket money can be stretched just that little bit further.”

Aurasma’s cutting-edge image recognition technology allows smart devices to see, recognise and understand real-life images and objects in much the same way as the human brain does. Aurasma then uses this fundamental understanding of the real world to seamlessly augment the scene with virtual content such as videos, animations and 3D objects called “auras”. No barcodes, visual tags or special glasses are required for Aurasma to work.

Bandai should have spent the money making the figures better

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am just collecting the Thundercats Classics figures. I have the 8" Lion-O and Tygra, but looks like I have to start over with the 6" Classics now
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

What are those tiny PVC figures that I saw pictures of somewhere? Are they real? Are they out at retail? Price?

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    You mean these? I posted this on the ThunderCatsNOW FB page. I got them from BBTS, but it is currently backordered. They are cool collectibles...as long as you don't expect too much.

IMG_0741.jpg

finally scored a thundertank. paramus toys r us has nothing. only the tiniest figures. and playset. was hoping to score a panthro, no luck
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    You mean these? I posted this on the ThunderCatsNOW FB page. I got them from BBTS, but it is currently backordered. They are cool collectibles...as long as you don't expect too much.

IMG_0741.jpg
    That's them. I take it they'll be available at retail?

Movie mayhem!
    those are cool i like them!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    finally scored a thundertank. paramus toys r us has nothing. only the tiniest figures. and playset. was hoping to score a panthro, no luck
    Thank you for saving me a trip tuesday. Both of them on either side of rt.17 usually have nothing, and the k-mart there is a pile of crap.

I drove up to Walmart middletown last night and scored a deluxe clawsheild (wich is awesome in a nerdy im nearly 30 and this barely fits on me, but im lion-o now weeeeee!, kinda way). And the other day at Walmart in Monroe got a Mumm-Ra with small wings (keeping him boxed since I have the deluxe) and a huge claw Lion-O, but his hair is kinda over molded so if I see a better one ill swap it and a 6 inch Cheetara with near flawless paint. So I picked the place clean of the last 3 figures and they didnt know when they were getting more stock. For the next month its all Star Wars and transformers...... yeah... thats ALL Walmart sells it seems.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    That's them. I take it they'll be available at retail?
    I'm pretty sure they'll hit retail, but probably in a limited quantity. The Toys R Us website also had them, so I'm sure the retail is probably going to get them as well.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well this is weird, the 6inch Cheetara does not have any screws in her back...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Score...Picked up an 8" Tygra at Walmart for $8.00!!!!

Can someone clarify...the Cheetara (6") eveyone is talking about it the new look not the 80's look...or did they come out with the 80's 6" Cheetara?
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Modern 6 inch, not Classics.

Cooool...

I seriously hope they still do 8"...I really prefer them over the 6"...

6" is too little for the Thundercats...they were always a bigger figure.

I have to say Tygra's body dosen't bother me at all...it makes me think of his old figure body type, I like it.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Well they hinted at Cheetara being released in an exclusive fashion, but I don't see 8 inch going much further than her. I'd love an 8 inch Mumm-Ra though.