Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2126

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

I checked all weekend and nuthing. The tru dont even have anything thundercats. Whats going on
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I am just collecting the Thundercats Classics figures. I have the 8" Lion-O and Tygra, but looks like I have to start over with the 6" Classics now
    There was only ONE set of the 6" Thundecats Classics at Target this weekend, so I picked them up. YAY!!!
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I found the modern 6" Cheetara and 4" Tygus at Wal-Mart this weekend. No luck finding Mumm-Ra's Storm Charger, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Also, my other Wal-Mart seems to be confused. About two weeks ago, they had a fully stocked ThunderCats section, which is when I found the Armor of Omens and the 6" Classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. When I stopped in there this weekend, I was shocked to see the ThunderCats section almost entirely bare except for a few 4" figures on the pegs and a few ThunderTanks and Tower of Omens on the shelves underneath. My initial thought was "wow...those figures sold fast!"

Then I wandered over to the clearance aisle where there was a HUGE section stocked full of all of the 6" Classics, 8" Classics, and 6" modern figures. I couldn't believe it. But when I started checking the prices, the only thing that was actually on clearance were the 8" figures.

So apparently, the employees there had no idea how to differentiate between these three different styled/scaled figures and just moved all of the ThunderCats toys over to the clearance aisle.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I hope we see more of the 6' Classics. I would love to get the full core team. My fear is that Bandai will take so long to come out with new waves that the old ones will clog the pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I found the modern 6" Cheetara and 4" Tygus at Wal-Mart this weekend. No luck finding Mumm-Ra's Storm Charger, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Also, my other Wal-Mart seems to be confused. About two weeks ago, they had a fully stocked ThunderCats section, which is when I found the Armor of Omens and the 6" Classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. When I stopped in there this weekend, I was shocked to see the ThunderCats section almost entirely bare except for a few 4" figures on the pegs and a few ThunderTanks and Tower of Omens on the shelves underneath. My initial thought was "wow...those figures sold fast!"

Then I wandered over to the clearance aisle where there was a HUGE section stocked full of all of the 6" Classics, 8" Classics, and 6" modern figures. I couldn't believe it. But when I started checking the prices, the only thing that was actually on clearance were the 8" figures.

So apparently, the employees there had no idea how to differentiate between these three different styled/scaled figures and just moved all of the ThunderCats toys over to the clearance aisle.
    Walmart's were supposed to have a mod reset the 16th, some didn't do it last week. Stores are real bad about when they are doing resets to temporarily move stuff into another section, especially with the more large scale resets. I don't think the one that happened recently was a large one.

I have gone in with similar situations then a few days later things were where they were supposed to be.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

yeah, whoever stocks action figures at my TRU isn't too bright either. they have two areas where you can find MU for example. One is near the DC figs and seems to be the correct location. The other is in the aisle with spiderman figs, toy story, and thundercats.

on that subject, i don't understand why the cheapo army guys get a whole side of an aisle devoted to them while gi joe gets a very very tiny section (like maybe 2 columns of pegs and whatever fits below on the shelves).

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Well they hinted at Cheetara being released in an exclusive fashion, but I don't see 8 inch going much further than her. I'd love an 8 inch Mumm-Ra though.
    We need Cheetara...Panthro...Wilykit & Wilykat...Mumm-Ra.

I'd be happy to make it through the core team & Mumm-Ra. I'd love Mumm-Ra to come with Mumm-mut.

Oh, and Snarf of course!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Walmart's were supposed to have a mod reset the 16th, some didn't do it last week. Stores are real bad about when they are doing resets to temporarily move stuff into another section, especially with the more large scale resets. I don't think the one that happened recently was a large one.

I have gone in with similar situations then a few days later things were where they were supposed to be.
    Yeah its not really a sign of clearance, they temp move stuff to the clearance area while they are planning and/or doing the reset.

It happens about every 4 months at the ones we have here
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah its not really a sign of clearance, they temp move stuff to the clearance area while they are planning and/or doing the reset.

It happens about every 4 months at the ones we have here
    the best way to think of it is as your local store as a collector. They only have so much shelf space and have some stuff in storage and every couple of months they rotate what they have on display, some stuff will get taken out, some stuff will get put up, some stuff will get placed in a spot so you can show something else off in prime spots. Well when moving the stuff sometimes you have to temporarily put stuff in a spot that isn't where it's going to end up at. At this point you have your friend come over and he's like why do you have your vintage on card figures hiding out in the bathroom? Your response I had to put them there till I made room for the other stuff.
    Last edited by wyldman11; January 30, 2012 at 05:04pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Heh. Cool. Thanks guys. I'll have to check that Wal-Mart again in a week to see if anything has changed.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heh. Cool. Thanks guys. I'll have to check that Wal-Mart again in a week to see if anything has changed.
    There is the other side of course, we have a big meth problem here and about 4 years ago they did a store wide drug test at our Wal-mart and in a single night fired 2/3 of their employees. Our Super store went from 24 hours to 12 in a month because they lacked employees and stocking was done purely during the day. During that year, we missed I think one or two of the mod resets and it would frequently take them up to a week to unload a truck. I did learn early on Tuesday is the big day because that is when 90% of movies, music, books, and games are released. Often the movie section (which is a high priority) wouldn't have stuff put out till Friday.

During Christmas especially that last week maybe two, things can just get put places because shelf space is open but that's a different issue really.

Found the 6" Cheetara over the weekend at Walmart and I'm really quite happy with her! She is a vast improvement over the earlier 6" figures.

Walmart also had the the new 6" Classic figures which looked much better in person. Unfortunately I didn't have money for all 3 so I figured Cheetara would be the hardest to find in the long run so I bought her and passed on Lion-O and Mum-Ra. They also had the Armor of Omens pack which looked pretty cheap IMO.

I wish I had such good Walmarts near me. Of the 2 closest to me, one still doesn't have one Thundercat toy and the other one just got the newer stuff a few days ago. Even though I don't like big toys(I wish MOTUC was smaller), I still kinda want to get the two 8" Classics since it reminds me of the old LJN toys & I already have the SDCC Lion-O. My ToysRus used to have them, but it's been running on fumes since November.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 30, 2012 at 10:05pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

So here's a question...

I feel like I am the only one not digging the modern look. Especially in toy form.
    It just dosen't do anything for me.
    Am I the only one?

I think I would like it more if they were different Thundercats...not the 80's rebooted.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    So here's a question...

I feel like I am the only one not digging the modern look. Especially in toy form.
    Am I the only one?

I think I would like it more if they were different Thundercats...not the 80's rebooted.
    Not everyone loves them. While Panthro seems to be the only one whose updated look even came close to causing reactions full of the vitriol reserved for the 2002 MOTU designs, you are definitely not alone.

JOIN THE GROUP...

So here's a question...

Am I the only one?

I think the new designs are terrible. I still like the cartoon, but zero interest in buying the toys.

I am not in love with the designs, but then I also don't hate them. I like them well enough to support the toy line so they will keep making stuff and keep the show going. I do think the outfits the wore should have been updated somewhat more to get them all out of wearing leotards and more into clothing, I think they did the best in that regards with Cheetara, followed by Lion-o and Wiley's. Panthro and Tygra should have retained more their original coloring and it wouldn't have been quite as bad.

If this was a brand new show without a previous show I probably wouldn't be picking up the figures, but watching the show. Part of the reason for me to collect the current line is they produce classics of the characters I liked and never had as a kid.

I think you will find people saying something vaguely similar, that they don't exactly love the new designs but also want to support the toyline especially to get a good set of Classics.

I'm using the new cartoon cannon with the Classic toys in my mind.

I did get modern Mumm-Ra and Panthro though since they resemble the Classic looks.

Mumm-ra is the funny one, he actually is the most like his original but the design of the toy is just goofy because he looks like three figures put together, the head from one, the torso and legs form another and arms from yet another. Tiny Mumm-ra does look fine but he gets lumped in with the Wiley's in their limited articulation. I do hope the 6 inch scale figures are a lot better.

But on Mumm-ra the Everliving I wouldn't be surprised to find out he is from the Monkian species before becoming a mummy.

So here's a question...

Am I the only one?

I'm about 50/50 when it comes to the redesigns. Some I like, while others I loathe.

Cheetara, Grune, Jaga, Ssslithe (he's basically the same )...great.

Lion-O, Panthro, the Kats, plus all of those awful new characters that have been on the show instead of Monkeyian; Vultureman; Jackalman; and everybody else ...ugh!!

Good I'm not alone.

I want to like them...I really do...I've almost gotten them a couple of times. When the 6'"modern look came out...I thought...oh yeah I'll get them...but no...just can't do it.

The design and I just...I think they should be in 8" scale. THe classics line in 8" is sooooooo cool. If they go to 6" I'll deal with it but LOVE LOVE LOVE the 8" classics (even with the ankle & wrists joints being a different color).

The only new design I LOVE is snarf...he is so freaking cute in his modern look (not to mention silent!) lol.

Another question:
    I got my Lion-O 8" Classics on Amazon and his packaging has his name on it in silver.
    I got my Tygra at Walmart and his packaging does not have his name on it.
    Is this because of different release dates or venue? Both?

Side note...it was actually the Thundercats that took me away from He-Man. lol
    I had them ALL...but one day at the park I was playing and this dog came running at me and bite me and I ran home bleeding and when we went back to get them...gone!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Another question:
    I got my Lion-O 8" Classics on Amazon and his packaging has his name on it in silver.
    I got my Tygra at Walmart and his packaging does not have his name on it.
    Is this because of different release dates or venue? Both?
    I looked up pictures there are some that don't have the names and some that do for both. My Lion-o does, not sure if the Tygra at Hastings did or did not (I think he is still there). The Lion-o I got is the only one I have ever seen so.

Looking it up, the first releases didn't have names then they added them to most likely help parents know who they were getting.

http://www.thundercats.ws/question-classic-line-10522/

The only new design I LOVE is snarf...he is so freaking cute in his modern look (not to mention silent!) lol.
    Panthro is the only new design that I loathe(although Cheetara is a close second), but I agree that Snarf's new look is good(although I didn't mind his talking that much in the 80's).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I looked up pictures there are some that don't have the names and some that do for both. My Lion-o does, not sure if the Tygra at Hastings did or did not (I think he is still there). The Lion-o I got is the only one I have ever seen so.

Looking it up, the first releases didn't have names then they added them to most likely help parents know who they were getting.

http://www.thundercats.ws/question-classic-line-10522/
    That's so weird. lol

Cool so I have a first release Tygra for $8.00!! Double score!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Panthro is the only new design that I loathe(although Cheetara is a close second), but I agree that Snarf's new look is good(although I didn't mind his talking that much in the 80's).
    When I was a kid I loved Snarf...

I'm watching the Thundercats right now actually and I'm like shut up...yer annoying me! lol It's always Lion-O No, No, No, No, No...lol
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; January 31, 2012 at 12:03am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

When I was a kid I loved Snarf...

I'm watching the Thundercats right now actually and I'm like shut up...yer annoying me! lol It's always Lion-O No, No, No, No, No...lol
    Some things age better than others. I still like Orko now as much as I did as a kid, Snarf can get a tad grating in large quantities(like the YouTube video below), and the Robo-Berbils voices are like nails on a chalkboard to me(although I still like them if I use the Mute button).

JOIN THE GROUP...