Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Yup as Markatisu said, Thundercats is doing AMAZING at sales and CN is more than pleased with the ratings. The biggest problem is there is no connection between the core of marketing the show. One place says one thing and the other does another. Thundercats NEEDS to come back before the summer or its going to tank if the new eps are during the summer, no kids stay inside to watch cartoons (other than myself... also im 20 years over being a kid).

WB put Thundercats OVER Harry Potter in promotional material for 2012, and that says alot. I know HP is kinda dead at the moment but they are still a hot property with replicas and I doubt that fad will ever die.

Thundercats BIGGEST problem at the moment seems to be marketing. With no new episodes or product besides the figures, people are left to wonder what the hell they are planning. All we have are the figures (when you can find them) and generic logo shirts. (I say that because they always get the logo wrong), even He-Man200X had lollipops inside mini castle greyskulls and toothpaste at this point.
    Yeah you can blame WB for that, over the last few years they have constantly had that problem. Just look at Young Justice, even its devout fans had to basically stalk the creator to get it confirmed that it was not dead when it went on hiatus for as long and the toys just sorta appeared with no ads still running as they should be.

There will be a few new episodes before the summer starts I think, the fact the 2nd volume of the DVD with 3 episodes we have not seen is coming in the summer means they will probably air in the middle of Spring (April or Early May for sweeps week)

But WB seems to have this philosophy that their stuff is golden and people will just come and watch it/buy it. Its a very dangerous gamble to make but fortunately for Thundercats WB owns CN and so it will last if for no other reason they are not splitting out costs like what CN had to do with Transformers and He-man (which is why they were treated like utter crap when they aired).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I will not believe WB put Thundercats over Harry Potter until they release Thundercats on BD!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I will not believe WB put Thundercats over Harry Potter until they release Thundercats on BD!
    The new series or the original, they will release the new series once the season is officially released in a boxed set. That is how WB works now (see Clone Wars as an example of SD single released and BD seasons)

Its already mastered/aired in HD so it would be virtually cost free to make a BD season once its completely aired
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Yup, I totally believe we will get a BD set when the show has FULLY ended (not even seasons). But for the original, I doubt it. They didnt even frame the original eps right for newer tv's *sometimes its on the left of the screen, other times the right* nor did they clean it up or put some of the title cards of the shows back.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

The cartoon should be back soon. New episodes are already airing in Ireland since this weekend!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ost%26t%3D8108
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The cartoon should be back soon. New episodes are already airing in Ireland since this weekend!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ost%26t%3D8108
    Way to go CN and WB, they did the exact same thing with Batman Brave and the Bold and Young Justice

Not that I want America first but why hold it off, it just is poor programming planning

Well I know someone that isnt waiting to watch it! HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I dunno why but all day ive been getting bad vibes about the merchandising to this show....but one thing will calm me down... cereal. When we get Thundercats cereal, I will eat so much I promise a trip to the hospital. GIVE ME A THUNDERIAN DEATH!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The new series or the original, they will release the new series once the season is officially released in a boxed set. That is how WB works now (see Clone Wars as an example of SD single released and BD seasons)

Its already mastered/aired in HD so it would be virtually cost free to make a BD season once its completely aired
    The new one. WB showed they don't care about teh original when they released the series on DVD in VHS quality.

New episodes in Ireland? To the bay of pirates I go!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Way to go CN and WB, they did the exact same thing with Batman Brave and the Bold and Young Justice

Not that I want America first but why hold it off, it just is poor programming planning
    Green Lantern & Young Justice are coming back March 3. Maybe Thundercats will around then as well.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I found the Storm Charger at a local Walmart this past week. I dropped by another Walmart and grabbed 2 King Claudus, a 4" Mumm-Ra (ever-living), and the metal arms Panthro. I also saw the variant 4" Lion-O, but figured there will be a ton of those eventually and skipped on it for now. Just need the Armor of Omens, Deluxe Slithe and Panthro and I'm up to date on the toys!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I found the Storm Charger at a local Walmart this past week. I dropped by another Walmart and grabbed 2 King Claudus, a 4" Mumm-Ra (ever-living), and the metal arms Panthro. I also saw the variant 4" Lion-O, but figured there will be a ton of those eventually and skipped on it for now. Just need the Armor of Omens, Deluxe Slithe and Panthro and I'm up to date on the toys!
    What is the variant Lion-O? Also, is S-s-slithe getting a toy or are you talking about the lizard man that comes with that cannon thing?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Picked up the 6" classic Mumm-Ra over the weekend and I'm really happy with him. Yes a chest POA would have made the figure much better but I'm still pretty happy.

I just wish Bandai wouldn't be so cheap with the accessories. The extra hands are good but not enough. At $15+ I don't see why they couldn't have included his sword or even a cape. The Modern Mumm-Ra at least has his swords. Compared to the other 6" figures, he falls way behind in the accessory department.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    What is the variant Lion-O? Also, is S-s-slithe getting a toy or are you talking about the lizard man that comes with that cannon thing?
    The variant Lion-O is just the first wave figure with the bigger claw shield and a new head sculpt. Slithe is the deluxe clapping figure.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...igures-more%2F

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    At $15+ I don't see why they couldn't have included his sword or even a cape.
    To be honest, Im glad they didnt give him a cape. I made my own on the cheap and its perfect if you wanna use him to sit in a vech. or playset. I hate MOTUC capes, and bandai WOULD have used a VERY hard plastic like they do on their power rangers line. Plus if you attach a home made cape under the hands that pop off, it looks more cartoon accurate.

However I will say the lack of wings on the modern Mumm-Ra is a complete loss on me. I know price point is something, but man, to leave the holes on the back..... a total slap. Also with the swords, im sure a custom will come out, if it was to be soft and gummy it woulda been worthless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    The variant Lion-O is just the first wave figure with the bigger claw shield and a new head sculpt. Slithe is the deluxe clapping figure.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...igures-more%2F
    Thanks. I guess I forgot those reveals. Is Lion-O going to be labeled as something other than just "Lion-O" or will he be similar to the Tygra 2.0 with the improved face paint & longer whip?

Actually, come to think of it, I think the new Panthro is still labeled as "Panthro" even though he has new arms and paint on his nunchuks.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Are KIDS buying these figures? Toys R Us in canada has them and they sell pretty well, BUT the show doesn't air here yet, so I think it's mainly collectors buying these thus far.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Are KIDS buying these figures? Toys R Us in canada has them and they sell pretty well, BUT the show doesn't air here yet, so I think it's mainly collectors buying these thus far.
    From what I've seen, yes! Its very cool to see younger generations with the toys. But I can confirm sightings where parents and their kids are looking for the stuff but say nothing can ever be found.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Yeah I actually see little kids buying it more than adults, adults tend to go for Star Wars or Marvel in the same aisle but kids 5-9 seem to love the 4" figures.

I think price plays into it a bit too, the 4" line for example is $6.97 at Walmart where Marvel Legends, GI Joe, and Clone Wars are all $8-10 for the same scale (depending on store).

Yeah I actually see little kids buying it more than adults, adults tend to go for Star Wars or Marvel in the same aisle but kids 5-9 seem to love the 4" figures.

I think price plays into it a bit too, the 4" line for example is $6.97 at Walmart where Marvel Legends, GI Joe, and Clone Wars are all $8-10 for the same scale (depending on store).
    cool, I don't think Canadian kids are buying these yet as I said I don't think they know what they are, and the displays in our TRUs are very minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    From what I've seen, yes! Its very cool to see younger generations with the toys. But I can confirm sightings where parents and their kids are looking for the stuff but say nothing can ever be found.
    That sucks. (that they can't find them)
    Last edited by krosfyah; February 13, 2012 at 03:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear new episodes are hopefully on the way. I really want this cartoon and toy line to do well.

I wanted to post this here. This is my write-up on Bandai's ThunderCats after my experience at Toy Fair:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20214204559858

It's kind of sad. And the general consensus among several folks I talked to there (other news sites, folks working for other toy companies, etc) is that the line is in trouble. I really hope that's not the case, but to be perfectly honest, Bandai didn't act like they cared at all. They seemed to brush all my questions off with annoyance. I even got a bit of an eye roll when I asked if they were aware of the complaints on the unpainted joints.

So, we'll see. I really do hope when new episodes start back up, Bandai just droips a ton of new toy images on us. I guess time will tell. Fingers crossed!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I'm glad to hear new episodes are hopefully on the way. I really want this cartoon and toy line to do well.

I wanted to post this here. This is my write-up on Bandai's ThunderCats after my experience at Toy Fair:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20214204559858

It's kind of sad. And the general consensus among several folks I talked to there (other news sites, folks working for other toy companies, etc) is that the line is in trouble. I really hope that's not the case, but to be perfectly honest, Bandai didn't act like they cared at all. They seemed to brush all my questions off with annoyance. I even got a bit of an eye roll when I asked if they were aware of the complaints on the unpainted joints.

So, we'll see. I really do hope when new episodes start back up, Bandai just droips a ton of new toy images on us. I guess time will tell. Fingers crossed!
    Dan given your experience at these kind of shows has Bandai ever been like Mattel or Hasbro?

I don't seem to remember too much in the past from them even in terms of Power Rangers or Ben 10 as far as hype or reveals, so I wonder if they are just totally clueless on how to relate to the online and adult collector?

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Dan given your experience at these kind of shows has Bandai ever been like Mattel or Hasbro?

I don't seem to remember too much in the past from them even in terms of Power Rangers or Ben 10 as far as hype or reveals, so I wonder if they are just totally clueless on how to relate to the online and adult collector?
    Last year they had a massive ThunderCats display. They had a cool sizzle reel to show us about the new cartoon. They were super excited about the adult-drive Classics line and kept pushing that "Thunder Dads" term for the adult collectors. They were genuinely excited about it last year.

This year they were only excited about Ben 10 and Power Rangers. HUGE display for both of those. Last year, all three of these properties had equally big displays. This year Pac-Man (for their new plug in play game coming out) had just as big a display as ThunderCats.

They were very excited to tell me about Ben 10 and Power Rangers. "Power Rangers is going to be AWESOME this year! Here's all of the new Zords for the new season! Here's all of the new Ranger costumes! Oh, and Ben 10 is going to be the best Ben 10 ever! Look at all of the playsets we're doing! These new figures are our best ever! Look at all of the stuff that's happening in the new season! Oh that? Yeah...those are ThudnerCats. Oh, check out this Pac-Man thing we're doing!"

That of course is an exaggeration. But that's how the whole thing felt.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Last year they had a massive ThunderCats display. They had a cool sizzle reel to show us about the new cartoon. They were super excited about the adult-drive Classics line and kept pushing that "Thunder Dads" term for the adult collectors. They were genuinely excited about it last year.

This year they were only excited about Ben 10 and Power Rangers. HUGE display for both of those. Last year, all three of these properties had equally big displays. This year Pac-Man (for their new plug in play game coming out) had just as big a display as ThunderCats.

They were very excited to tell me about Ben 10 and Power Rangers. "Power Rangers is going to be AWESOME this year! Here's all of the new Zords for the new season! Here's all of the new Ranger costumes! Oh, and Ben 10 is going to be the best Ben 10 ever! Look at all of the playsets we're doing! These new figures are our best ever! Look at all of the stuff that's happening in the new season! Oh that? Yeah...those are ThudnerCats. Oh, check out this Pac-Man thing we're doing!"

That of course is an exaggeration. But that's how the whole thing felt.
    Oh wow that does suck then

I guess we all have to wait and see, I hope if anything we at least get a few more waves to get the "core" cast out on both sides (and in 6")

Sometimes I wish instead gossip TV for the celebrities we got something like that more for media like this so we are more aware of what's going on. So we know if it's retailers, or manufacturers, or designers, or license, or distribution, or something else that is causing problems.

I know there is some but it's typically more speculation then anything, which is often more about finger pointing then actually investigating the situation.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The guys at toynewsi reported bandai said no comment on the future of the line. Thats not a good thing....... plus they didnt even have any prototypes, wich at that stage would be ready by fall. This was handled really badly and I honestly believe now the last figure we get will be SSSLithe. They cant ship enough of the stuff, and then cant make enough of it. Makes NO sence to me with the show doing as good as it was.