Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

And that is why I wish we got more information from the back. Were they just not able to keep up? Was Warner a pain to deal with? Were they not happy with their product? as an example were they not making as much money because of licensing? Could it be a case of it looks like the line is doing well but isn't really?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    This year they were only excited about Ben 10
    You mean that new horrible looking Ben design? He looks like he is 8 when whe should be 18 by now.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    And that is why I wish we got more information from the back. Were they just not able to keep up? Was Warner a pain to deal with? Were they not happy with their product? as an example were they not making as much money because of licensing? Could it be a case of it looks like the line is doing well but isn't really?
    I don't know, the line sells really well everywhere I see the toys. Even the mummy Mumm-Ra figures eventually sell. I told Dan this earlier, but I'm hoping that the lack of products shown is due to the characters not yet being shown on the cartoon. They've essentially done all the main characters...they're just waiting for more episodes.

Then again, they could have easily done figures of the Berbils, Duelist, Drifter...etc.

I know I'm stretching here, but what if the license is being given to another company?! I'm not sure if that's even possible at this point...I don't really know much about the business things regarding toy licenses, but it would be interesting if it was given to another company.

This would be an epic failure on the classics front if Bandai is having trouble with the Thundercats line. We got two 8" figures and two 6" figures with nothing new on the horizon. I really wish Mattel would have gotten the license though I think the Four Horsemen may be maxed out on how much they can sculpt. Maybe news will start rolling in by SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I don't know, the line sells really well everywhere I see the toys. Even the mummy Mumm-Ra figures eventually sell. I told Dan this earlier, but I'm hoping that the lack of products shown is due to the characters not yet being shown on the cartoon. They've essentially done all the main characters...they're just waiting for more episodes.

Then again, they could have easily done figures of the Berbils, Duelist, Drifter...etc.

I know I'm stretching here, but what if the license is being given to another company?! I'm not sure if that's even possible at this point...I don't really know much about the business things regarding toy licenses, but it would be interesting if it was given to another company.
    You would not change toy companies at this point, Bandai will have it until the license expires (which I assume is set for the run of the show)

The ironic thing is they have a Thundercats truck roving around NY for Toy Fair, I wonder if they are quiet because the 2nd wave of toys we just got was not supposed to rolled out like it was (since if we all remember it just sort of appeared with no grand reveal).

I am leaning more to that mixed with the idea they are under orders from WB not to release anything till it appears on the show, Young Justice was handled similarly as Mattel was initially mad the 2nd wave of figures shipped before the characters appeared on the show.

We will just have to wait and see I guess, the toys are selling out in almost every store and I visit and I can tell you since I buy for a few international folks I go to at least 8 stores every few days so its not just a casual observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The guys at toynewsi reported bandai said no comment on the future of the line. Thats not a good thing....... plus they didnt even have any prototypes, wich at that stage would be ready by fall. This was handled really badly and I honestly believe now the last figure we get will be SSSLithe. They cant ship enough of the stuff, and then cant make enough of it. Makes NO sence to me with the show doing as good as it was.
    Ironic given how much product they seem to be able to put out for Ben 10 and Power Rangers over the last decade

Also the show doing as good as it was? When did it start to do bad
    Last edited by markatisu; February 15, 2012 at 01:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

Ironic given how much product they seem to be able to put out for Ben 10 and Power Rangers over the last decade

Also the show doing as good as it was? When did it start to do bad
    Think he means since it's currently not airing new episodes. It was doing well then they stopped showing episodes. Meaning it stopped doing anything.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm concerned, but I don't think the line is ending anytime soon.

Sam Register noted that the show is tied to how well the merchandise sells, in particular the toy line. So if the toys are at its end, the show would also be as well...which I highly doubt.

I'm concerned, but I don't think the line is ending anytime soon.

Sam Register noted that the show is tied to how well the merchandise sells, in particular the toy line. So if the toys are at its end, the show would also be as well...which I highly doubt.
    Yeah part of the reason Bandai got the license was most likely a nice cut on royalties to WB vs what Mattel was offering.

Meaning its more lucrative for Bandai to keep crapping out toys as long as the show is on the air.

And the show is by no means doing poorly, so we should get at least a few more waves since there is another 13 or so episodes already scripted and in the process of animating/voice work according to the Thundercats Crew Blog.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    It doesn't look like the line is doing all that great in Northern California. 4" Series 1 Lion-O and Mumm-Ra are rotting away on the pegs, and the 8" Tigra's aren't moving at all, vehicles and playsets are just sitting there at full price, and you might find the non-deluxe Sword of Omens laying around here and there.

From what I remember, when I worked at Target years and years ago the rule was that you couldn't get a box of figures from the back until the ones on the shelf has sold, regardless of if they were new or old. Since there's an over abundance of wave 1 Lion-O's and Mumm-Ra's sitting there, no one has been able put out the new wave anywhere, whether 4" or the large vehicles (Armor of Omens would count as a large vehicle). The only thing that I'm seeing are the 6" figures because the 8" ones are almost gone (except for the four to five Tigra's that will never sell at each store I go to).

Bandai messed up in so many ways with this line already, it's no surprise that it's in jeopardy. Wave 1 figure pack outs released way too many Lion-O's and Mumm-Ra's compared to the rest of the team; poor accessory plastic made the figures look/feel cheap; changing the 8" Classics to 6" AND releasing one of the same character's again was redundant and a slap in the face to the people that bought the former already; cheaply made large vehicles and playsets cost way too much; and the cartoon going on as many hiatuses as it has been has only hurt the line since either you can't make a lot of new character's, can't reveal spoilers for upcoming characters with new toys, and/or that there's just no promotion for the toys without the show being on.

This absolutely sucks worse than the 200X line cuz we at least got three seasons and a decent amount of figures from that line before it crashed and burned.

I'm really surprised that everyone keeps saying that this line is doing so well. From my experiences, I'd say the opposite. It's lukewarm at best.

While my Walmart has gotten in the wave 2 figures, they are still plagued with wave 1 Lion-O's and Mum-Ra's. Pegs and pegs of them. If you look in their clearance isle I see 8 pegs, repeat 8 pegs, of the 8" figures at $6 each. They can't even give them away. I'm sure Bandai announcing the new 6" line before the holiday really killed sales for the line but still it makes the brand look bad overall in the eyes of retailers. Also the Tower and Thundertank are both in the clearance isle as well now.

The new 6" figures are really the only figures that do sell well. My cousin who works for Walmart says that they are always reordering the 6" figures but the 4" figures sell only when there are new characters. The repack figures don't sell at all resulting in clogged shelves for weeks after they get in new cases. That tells me that collectors are buying these figures and not children. Considering how slow the 4" figures sell, I'm surprised that they have such a large section for them.

What alarmed me about the line was what I saw during the holiday season. When I went into my TRU a few days before Christmas they were pretty much sold out of about almost everything. The whole isle that had the Thundercats in it was wiped except for the Thundercats section. It was the only section that was well stocked. Everything else was spread out to fill up as much space as possible. Then a few weeks later they had the left overs from the 4" wave 1 figures on clearance. Granted they were mostly Mum-ra's and Lion-O's.

The unfortunate part is the new 4" cases are better packed, but they might not be enough to get past the super bad ratio of the original waves.

I don't think it's kids aren't buying them I have seen some, I also don't live in a huge collectors market and most of the stuff is gone except the stuff that just warms. The problem with the figures that warm is they were overpacked. They made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Lion-o and Mumm-ra (mummy form), at one point online retailers were selling both for 3 bucks a piece and were sold out of most of the other figures. Everyone of the first assortments had at least one of each of those two, I think one was nothing but the two of them. Other characters were typically not more then one packed in the assortments with some figures only being in one of four assortments they had.

If the Thundertanks are marked down at Walmart I might pick one up if they are around 10 bucks, I didn't go with them online because shipping and/or adding enough in for free shipping. I haven't seen Tygus or Claudus, and my K-mart hasn't had anything from the line at all. But I am just going for 6 inch figures at this point, which was another reason for skipping the Thundertank up to this point.

Got an email yesterday that notjusttoys just got in all the figures.....and claudeous is not cheap. How the hell do they got all the figures and my,tru has nuthing..
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Got an email yesterday that notjusttoys just got in all the figures.....and claudeous is not cheap. How the hell do they got all the figures and my,tru has nuthing..
    The Target around here just re-stocked their toy department. Maybe TRU has them and just hasn't put them out yet. Wouldn't be the first time.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    The Target around here just re-stocked their toy department. Maybe TRU has them and just hasn't put them out yet. Wouldn't be the first time.
    For some reason queens and long island seem to be the last to get anything. This happened with the tru 2 packs. I'm gonna hunt this weekend.

The only wallmart by me has no toys at all. But I will hunt again this weekend.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    My Wal-Marts have all of the 6" ThunderCats figures on Clearance for $11.00 (down from $14.99). Not sure how to take that.

My Toys R Us shrunk the ThunderCats section, and they still haven't restocked. It's nothing but 8" Tygra's and 4" Mumm-Ra's, and like 1,000 ThunderTanks and Tower of Omens playsets.

I've not found Claudus in my area anywhere yet...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

My Walmart marked down the 4" figures to only $4 last week. The only thing they had though was repacked figures from wave 1 and 1 Jax- wannabe Panthro.

The 6" figures are still regular price but they seem to slowing down. I found 6 Cheetaras on the shelf. I never thought I'd ever see that many on a shelf at one time.

My Target has the deluxe figures and vehicles listed as discontinued but still at full price.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Notjusttoys had the Thundercats 4 inch almost a month before they appeared at my local Wal-Mart, which is why I bought a few from them first since my area is usually notorious for NEVER having the action figure lines I like. Luckily, not only has that been disproven, but my local Wal-Mart actually stocked the 6 inch figures at the end of February, however they did not get any of the new 4 inch yet. Kmart and Target, as usual, still have the same pickings of figures from probably six months ago, with zero Thundercats.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

My Walmarts (4 close by) all had wave 2 4" and 6" figs in stock and are now sold out of all of them. I found a Storm Charger a few weeks ago...it was the only one left too. Target refreshes the 6" Classics figures on a weekly basis and the 4 figure set (of Lion-O, Tygra, Mumm-Ra, and Snarf) are always sold out.

I think it really depends on where you live. Honestly, the toys are selling pretty well here in San Diego.

Yeah, I think you're right about the area.

I haven't seen a Storm Charger yet, which sucks because I want that one! Just like the Cladus wave of 4" figures, I just don't think any store in my area has ever stocked it. It's strange, becuase that one night I went to Wal-Mart and hit the jackpot by finding the new 6" Classics, the Armor of Omens, the 6" modern Cheetara, and the Tygus and Tiger Flyer. But ever since then, it's liked no store in town has restocked ThunderCats toys. And I worry about them restocking becuase of how clogged the pegs are at every store with the same stuff. one of my Wal-Marts is full of 6" Classic Mumm-Ra and 8" Classic Tygra. It's kind of a strange sight to see.

I guess no one in Springfield, IL cares about ThunderCats except me...heh...

I think it really depends on where you live. Honestly, the toys are selling pretty well here in San Diego.
    Exactly, I took a pic this morning from one of our bigger Walmarts. As a toy shopper for various orgers I visit 8 Walmarts and 4-5 Targets on a weekly basis. Most look similar to this and we have NOTHING on clearance

photo.jpg

(sorry if its sideways) as you can see the 4" are selling very well. Claudus, Metal Armed Panthro and Kit/Kat sell out almost as quick as they come in. The Feliner/Tygus pack sells out as does the Storm Charger and the 6" Cheetara. The RPG stuff is really popular as well

Our stores get a new case about once a week on Thurs nights, by Friday morning there is only a handful of figs left.

The achilles heel is that very 1st wave with the Lion-O and Mummy Mumm-Ra, those things are going to be around forever imho.

That pic is actually similar to what my Wal-Marts look like. Except take away the Armor of Omens and add clearence tags tot he 6" figures. I've never seen the Storm Charger or newer 4" figures there...but otherwise, the figures hanging look about the same as that pic.

I really hope I see more new stuff! I really want a Claudus and a Storm Charger!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I really hope I see more new stuff! I really want a Claudus and a Storm Charger!
    The Storm Charger is awesome for the box art alone, I think they got burned on the Thundertank so are undershipping the Storm Charger. We only get 2-3 a week compared to the 5-6 we used to get of the Thundertank

If I find a Claudus I will get him for you, I can just bring it to C2E2 next month or return it if you end up not needing it (of course now that I say that I will never see Claudus again lol)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If I find a Claudus I will get him for you, I can just bring it to C2E2 next month or return it if you end up not needing it (of course now that I say that I will never see Claudus again lol)
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make C2E2 this year. Sicne they moved the dates, it actually falls the weekend after my wedding anniversary, and the wife and I already had plans for that weekend.

But I'd still appreciate you grabbing one for me if you see it! I'll let you know if I end up finding him on my own.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Dammit Dan, I just saw a Claudius this past Sat.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.