Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2126

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Bandai recently changed PR firms, so it has been difficult to contact anyone from that company. I know we love to hate on the word, but it all has to do with logistics.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    Dan, do you believe that there's any chance of Mattel taking over at least the TC classics?

Cause if the show is indeed about to end early, I clearly don't see Bandai bothering with such a continuation.

There's a perpetual, big market for them that Warner and Bandai never took seriously.
    I don't know. I guess it depends on the licensing. Even if Bandai stops producing toys, there's a chance they will still hold on to that license, barring other companies from being able to produce ThunderCats figures in certain scales (this is why Mezco is producing those huge 20" scale figures. Bandai holds the master license for the smaller scales.)

I suppose it's always possible that WB could take the license away and offer it up to other companies, but I really don't know exactly how all of that works.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Bandai recently changed PR firms, so it has been difficult to contact anyone from that company. I know we love to hate on the word, but it all has to do with logistics.
    Shame on you for using that word, Manny!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; March 30, 2012 at 12:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

OK I am single handidly trying to keep the toyline alive

Due to all the fear of the toys and show going away I got a massive rush of orders from people, so today I ventured out and

Missed 2 Claudus by what I can only imagine was minutes, but after I took this pic I added about 4 more bags of toys. 99% of it is for orgers

I had to put a blanket over them because the entire backseat of my car is filled with Thundercats.

Also due to the forums going down one of my posts never made it, but there could be a reason why the line "appears" dead that really has nothing to do with the success of the toyline

Retail places their orders right after Toy Fair, it has worked this way for a long time. The figures we saw on store shelves last summer and right around Christmas were all ordered in March/April of 2011. Retailers can then continue to place orders or cancel all together based on what they plan on carrying after Toy Fair.

It is very conceivable that there was a shake up at Bandai that delayed them showing at Toy Fair (which would also explain why Dan got the cold shoulder as to the lines future).

Because of this stores took it as no product to be offered so have moved forward clearing out the line.

If Bandai did not kill it and has plans to relaunch or bring out new product they can still do so. Its not set in stone, its just retail space is precious and in this down economy things need to be moved if they do not expect new stock.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Do you have a 6inch Tygra in there?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Do you have a 6inch Tygra in there?
    Nope imho that wave does not exist as far as shipping to mass retail yet. I even looked on eBay and nothing came back at all, that is the biggest indicator that it has not shipped yet.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Mark! Find me a Claudus and a Storm Charger, stat!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I live in London and see these everywhere.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I live in London and see these everywhere.
    I live in London and I have seen nothing from the second wave... while stock for the first one seems very limited and unbalanced.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    I live in London and I have seen nothing from the second wave... while stock for the first one seems very limited and unbalanced.
    I've seen them in the Forbidden Planet on Shaftsbury Avenue.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heh Shaftsbury.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I just checked Amazon, and they have some of the newer 4" figures in stock! (and it's actually Amazon selling them, not a 3rd party). I just ordered Claudius, Panthro with the metal arms, the new version of Mumm-Ra (the non-deluxe, post-transformation version), and Lion-O with the really big claw shield. The only down side is that they are $9.99 each, which is higher than what they would cost in most brick and mortar stores. But, there's no tax in most states, and shipping is free on orders over $25 (or if you have Amazon Prime).

However they don't have the Beard-Mobile.... errr, I mean Storm Charger on the site.

Is Slithe supposed to be coming out in this wave? I didn't see him on the site either. Are there any other 4" figures that are supposed to be out now or soon?

Oh, and for anyone still looking for him (since I know he was kind of scarce in stores), they also have the deluxe Grune figure in stock for $12.59.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; March 30, 2012 at 08:00pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Im still hunting the storm charger.

I know 6 inch Tygra is gunna be hell to find, so i wont bother till all his stock shows up. Storm charger........ GIMME.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Yeah $9.99 is too much for me, I would literally have to order 3 of them to break even on the shipping, my customers might like it but I would rather find it in the wild and pay $5-7

I have seen Claudus before (I just missed him this morning) and I will see him again lol

I am kicking myself now for not picking up the Storm Charger, I have seen it 3 times but figured it was going to be as plentiful as the Thundertank

Slithe 4" is in the Wave 2 of 4" Deluxe, but since most stores have not sold out of Wave 1 of the 4" Deluxe they have not received the case that has his him in it. Its the exact same deal as the 6" Tygra (He is in Case D and currently stores are receiving 4'" Case C)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I just checked Amazon, and they have some of the newer 4" figures in stock! (and it's actually Amazon selling them, not a 3rd party). I just ordered Claudius, Panthro with the metal arms, the new version of Mumm-Ra (the non-deluxe, post-transformation version), and Lion-O with the really big claw shield. The only down side is that they are $9.99 each, which is higher than what they would cost in most brick and mortar stores. But, there's no tax in most states, and shipping is free on orders over $25 (or if you have Amazon Prime).

However they don't have the Beard-Mobile.... errr, I mean Storm Charger on the site.

Is Slithe supposed to be coming out in this wave? I didn't see him on the site either. Are there any other 4" figures that are supposed to be out now or soon?

Oh, and for anyone still looking for him (since I know he was kind of scarce in stores), they also have the deluxe Grune figure in stock for $12.59.
    Thanks for the heads up. I just snagged a Claudus.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    OK I am single handidly trying to keep the toyline alive
    I was wondering why the toyline looked to be pretty popular in our neck of the woods. Luckily, I don't really collect this line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I was wondering why the toyline looked to be pretty popular in our neck of the woods. Luckily, I don't really collect this line.
    Of course you're not collecting the line. Markatisu is buying them all up. Can't collect that which is not there.

Markatisu is a friendly/helpful Scal-por.

Markatisu is safeing teh lein.

I like to think of myself at Vend-oor, etherian toy merchant

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    If you see a extra storm charger....... well.... you know the rest bro
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Of course you're not collecting the line. Markatisu is buying them all up. Can't collect that which is not there.
    Just as long as it doesn't happen during a MOTU relaunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Just as long as it doesn't happen during a MOTU relaunch...
    If the one time we almost ran into each other at Toys R Us is any indication I would lose anyway

The sad thing is if they relaunched a 7 inch Classics line, we'd all be on board thinking, "okay this time they mean it".

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If the one time we almost ran into each other at Toys R Us is any indication I would lose anyway
    I don't even know why I was walking fast that one time considering it was like 7 pm at night and I was only really aware of that one vendor guy who goes everywhere when all the stores open anyways. I haven't really collected a retail line since like 4 years ago (did get the first couple MOTUC vs DC 2 packs). I assume he is, but I'm not sure if that one guy is still around or not. The only time I could really hit the stores when they opened was the weekends. The times I beat him, I could tell it really bugged him when I'd run into him. Luckily for him, I didn't get doubles often.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So now Target has Thundercats stuff on sale.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Are they on sale or clearance? If they are clearanced out then that means that the line is dead at Target.

Could they just be getting rid of wave 1
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app