Page 57 of 86 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I disagree. They can still do figures for the villians and Robeasts to battle the 6inch Voltron figure.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I disagree. They can still do figures for the villians and Robeasts to battle the 6inch Voltron figure.
    I suppose but I don't really see the draw to that unless they offer a variation of the current 6" Voltron in the sub, hell give me a Vehicle Voltron 6" and 6 evil figures for the "Classics" line and I will gladly buy it

July will be interesting, they technically could do a big Robeast that is CnC with each monthly figure, charge $25 for the evil villain and CnC piece instead of $50-70 for the Pilot/Lion.

But nothing is as clear cut as the Pilot/Lion combo they had for 2012
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I do have to agree with Max about Hasbro, if they had MOTU fail they would just reboot it. Hell they stop successful enough lines for reboots at this point
    Of the 2 extremes, I'll take Mattel. Hasbro took a successful line for G.I. Joe(25th Anniversary) and has basically killed the franchise's toy sales with peg warming movie toys, cartoon toys released after rumors of the show's cancelllation were in full effect, & army builders. They couldn't even get a subscription line off the ground and a separate company was doing a lot of the heavy lifting for it.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

So, what's the latest on the 8" and 6" Thundercats Classics? Did they cancel the 8" Classics?
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Just found this news spot on a DS game

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...ds-video-game/
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    So, what's the latest on the 8" and 6" Thundercats Classics? Did they cancel the 8" Classics?
    A Cheetara 8 inch was suppose to be a con exclusive or something, as a "reward to those who were there in the begining". However in its current state there is much debate as to whats canned and what isnt. IMO everything is done. Im sure they could start fresh, but as most stores have actually removed their sections for thundercats and not just clearanced it, is a bad sign. Though most believe stores will reset with new stuff (I want that too), ive never seen a store pull everything and put it back, from a buisness perspective and not a fan POV it would be wasting money.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    A Cheetara 8 inch was suppose to be a con exclusive or something, as a "reward to those who were there in the begining". However in its current state there is much debate as to whats canned and what isnt. IMO everything is done. Im sure they could start fresh, but as most stores have actually removed their sections for thundercats and not just clearanced it, is a bad sign. Though most believe stores will reset with new stuff (I want that too), ive never seen a store pull everything and put it back, from a buisness perspective and not a fan POV it would be wasting money.
    That is because most stores don't go this long without product or word but just like how they can create a new section for a toy that becomes hot they can re-create the space Thundercats has if Bandai decides to continue with the line.

If you ever worked in toy retail the way the department is structured is ever changing, hence the constant use of the planogram.

I am not saying the line is doing great but you are almost making a claim that once its out of the aisle its dead and that is just not factually how the system works.

Pulling everything at this point is fine, its been months since that product launched and Bandai won't be reshipping it. There is absolutely no reason to keep pushing it, it would be the same if new product was there. You would see space set aside for the Mumm-Ra tank while the Thundertank was moved to an endcap or the clearance area with a red tag.

You are solely noticing the way things work now because Bandai has not shipped jack ****
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    To touch briefly on Voltron merchandise, wouldn't it be logical for Mattel to make a Voltron Force line to be sold IN ACTUAL STORES instead of just a hodge podge of figures on the collector's site?? Voltron Force is supposed to be geared and appeal to kids of today, so how well does Mattel really think they are going to do at a Voltron Force line with kids when the kids cannot pester their mommies and daddies to buy them a Red Lion during the weekly trip to Wal-Mart?

This online only ******** when it comes to action figures, especially with Mattel, is just total crap!!! Mattel and other toy companies need to take the freaking chance and sell these figures at retail where general everyday shoppers are more likely to buy them. That, and alter case ratios a little better.

Of course, the Thundercats line isn't going to be selling out too well at stores if cases are limited to 2 Cheetaras, 3 Panthros and 235 Lion-Os!!!
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    To touch briefly on Voltron merchandise, wouldn't it be logical for Mattel to make a Voltron Force line to be sold IN ACTUAL STORES instead of just a hodge podge of figures on the collector's site?? Voltron Force is supposed to be geared and appeal to kids of today, so how well does Mattel really think they are going to do at a Voltron Force line with kids when the kids cannot pester their mommies and daddies to buy them a Red Lion during the weekly trip to Wal-Mart?

This online only ******** when it comes to action figures, especially with Mattel, is just total crap!!! Mattel and other toy companies need to take the freaking chance and sell these figures at retail where general everyday shoppers are more likely to buy them. That, and alter case ratios a little better.

Of course, the Thundercats line isn't going to be selling out too well at stores if cases are limited to 2 Cheetaras, 3 Panthros and 235 Lion-Os!!!
    You act as if Mattel did not try? WEP (the people who own Voltron) basically admitted this weekend at C2E2 that retail is not biting on the Voltron toys and they are working with Mattel to try and change that.

But you are directing your anger to the wrong area, you should be mad at Toys R Us, Walmart and Target. THEY are the ones that decide what toys go to retail and if they don't show interest we as customers don't get squat.

That is the ENTIRE reason the Toy Fair event in Feb exists.

I think people have gotten used to just blaming Mattel for the problems associated with the lines they are involved with. They are just one part of the equation, retailers, consumers, manufacturers, the actual owner of the property (may or may not be Mattel) each play some part. What makes matters worse is people don't like to take the blame, for some reason people see it as a sign of weakness even in the aspects they are to blame.

Also we need to realize you don't always need a big portion of an aisle to be successful, toy lines are constantly waxing and waning some times they just take up a few columns other types half an aisle. Popularity isn't always the issue, sometimes it's a matter of how much product is out there. Retailers don't like something that isn't moving, so if a toyline has stagnated because it's more or less at the time reached saturation they will scale back the product they have out till new product comes out. Remember full shelf space of a product that isn't moving is no money made by retailers.

Just because something is warming the shelves doesn't mean it's doing bad it's just reached it's saturation for current product. this is why consumer goods often look like the are full, but you go back a few days later and it's near empty people consumed it and had to restock. With toys and other products like it they don't work like that.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I really hope this isn't the end. I hope I can get my hands on the 6' Tygra that will almost complete the modern team (except for Kit and Kat). I still have bitter feelings towards Bandai for what they did with the Teen Tians line (such a wasted opportunity). I can't believe that there still so much silence/mystery revolving the line and toon. If it's over make the announcement and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I really hope this isn't the end. I hope I can get my hands on the 6' Tygra that will almost complete the modern team (except for Kit and Kat). I still have bitter feelings towards Bandai for what they did with the Teen Tians line (such a wasted opportunity). I can't believe that there still so much silence/mystery revolving the line and toon. If it's over make the announcement and get it over with.
    Its that long silence that makes it look more like its going forward, networks and toy companies have no problems telling you something is canceled and done. Its bordering on ridiculous how quiet Bandai is being which makes it look like the rumored internal problems Bandai was having are the cause for this mess.

The show is doing great in its Sat timeslot (much better than it did on Friday nights) and Wave 2 of the toys sells out quick when it surfaces.

I think if they put together 1 or 2 waves with decent ratios and ship it to retailers you will easily see TC back in its old spot. Release Tygra 6" and Kit/Kat 6" to complete the core team and that would also help heal some of the anger for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    That is because most stores don't go this long without product or word but just like how they can create a new section for a toy that becomes hot they can re-create the space Thundercats has if Bandai decides to continue with the line.

If you ever worked in toy retail the way the department is structured is ever changing, hence the constant use of the planogram.

I am not saying the line is doing great but you are almost making a claim that once its out of the aisle its dead and that is just not factually how the system works.

Pulling everything at this point is fine, its been months since that product launched and Bandai won't be reshipping it. There is absolutely no reason to keep pushing it, it would be the same if new product was there. You would see space set aside for the Mumm-Ra tank while the Thundertank was moved to an endcap or the clearance area with a red tag.

You are solely noticing the way things work now because Bandai has not shipped jack ****
    Its that long silence that makes it look more like its going forward, networks and toy companies have no problems telling you something is canceled and done. Its bordering on ridiculous how quiet Bandai is being which makes it look like the rumored internal problems Bandai was having are the cause for this mess.

The show is doing great in its Sat timeslot (much better than it did on Friday nights) and Wave 2 of the toys sells out quick when it surfaces.

I think if they put together 1 or 2 waves with decent ratios and ship it to retailers you will easily see TC back in its old spot. Release Tygra 6" and Kit/Kat 6" to complete the core team and that would also help heal some of the anger for fans.
    I hope it's not the end. I would like to see more of the 6" or 8" Classics figures. I am not happy just having an 8" Lion-O and Tygra...and then a 6" Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Just wish they would finish at least 1 of the classics lines with the core characters.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 28, 2012 at 06:19pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

1.... This new Thundercats toyline is very stressfull

2... The new Voltron line I think will only be this year. I hope they go next year but I doubt it. What can they possibly do.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    1.... This new Thundercats toyline is very stressfull

Considering, from what I've seen in my area, with Wal-Mart being the only store to carry the line and it is clear they aren't going to sell much of the first wave anytime soon, I can relate.

But, I'm at the very least happy they managed to order some of the classics line before that chance passed by.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

finally found a classics figure. Only about 20 Tygra's on the shelf.

What where those toys that where more vinyl statues? I saw a Mumm-ra pictures, but can't remember release info or who made 'em... any help?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    finally found a classics figure. Only about 20 Tygra's on the shelf.

What where those toys that where more vinyl statues? I saw a Mumm-ra pictures, but can't remember release info or who made 'em... any help?
    That would be the Mezco line of Thundercats, Lion-O came out last year, Mumm-Ra is coming and so is Panthro

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    As far as looking forward to new toys goes, the cartoon can be pretty heartbreaking. I found myself thinking about how great a 6" Dobo would be today, and then realized that will probably never happen. We'll probably never even get 6" Mutants. Ug.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    As far as looking forward to new toys goes, the cartoon can be pretty heartbreaking. I found myself thinking about how great a 6" Dobo would be today, and then realized that will probably never happen. We'll probably never even get 6" Mutants. Ug.
    personally think it was a mistake to split them among so many lines. Eliminate the others, keep the 6". more money for figures..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    personally think it was a mistake to split them among so many lines. Eliminate the others, keep the 6". more money for figures..
    I think 4" is best for ThunderCats because of the vehicle factor and figures produced a Wave. We have a better chance of completing a 4" collection than a 6" collection. The 4" collection has almost all of the main characters already, except for Jaga! All that is missing are the season two characters.

Swapping scales and that stupid Lion-O head probably hurt ThunderCats Classic badly. If Bandai would have used the 6" scale from jump, more fans might have supported it. We would have at least 4 characters.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 28, 2012 at 04:43pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think 4" is best for ThunderCats because of the vehicle factor and figures produced a Wave. We have a better chance of completing a 4" collection than a 6" collection. The 4" collection has almost all of the main characters already, except for Jaga! All that is missing are the season two characters.

Swapping scales and that stupid Lion-O head probably hurt ThunderCats Classic badly. If Bandai would have used the 6" scale from jump, more fans might have supported it. We would have at least 4 characters.
    Yeah but the vehicles are still on the shelves, and from what I saw the 6 inch figures moved (percentage wise) better then the 4 inch.

After today's episode I would have loved a Pumyra figure. I hope that she joins the team and she isn't a one time character like Lynx-o.

Bandai screwed themselves when they wouldn't allow etailers to sell the toys to international markets. There is still no Thundercats on the shelves here even though the cartoon is now being shown.

I lost interest when the show first went on hiatus. I lost interest in the toys when I finally accepted the fact that they were crap

Man I saw a sad thing today, I was in Walmart looking at toys like I usually do for customers and two kids about 7-8 came up to the Thundercats area and looked through the 4" and said "Ahh no new figures, this sucks" and walked away

That just reinforced what I have been thinking that the Sat morning timeslot is helping move toys with Kids but Bandai is dying on this line because there is no new product for them to buy

I know BBTS and Entertainment Earth both recently got the 2nd Wave of 4" Deluxe, 4" and 6" (The Tygra wave) but that does not help the kids who watch the show then go out to buy toys that are not there.

After today's episode I would have loved a Pumyra figure. I hope that she joins the team and she isn't a one time character like Lynx-o.
    She will at least have 3 episodes, the Thundercats Crew Blog (they make the show) confirmed that last year.
    Last edited by markatisu; April 29, 2012 at 07:20pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There's reports of Thundercats shelves being removed altogether and exchanged for TMNT pegs.