Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm hearing a rumor that another company has scooped up the license for release next spring.

Keep in mind guys that this is just a rumor.

That being said, if the rumor tuerns out to be accurate, I really hope Toyguru is on point and that it's Mattel. Especially if the 4H can sculpt 6" Classic figures and sell them on Mattycollector.com! ThunderCats has even less characters than MOTUC does! With no variants either? We'll probably be done in 2-3 years if we get 12 months of characters.

If it's Hasbro, I think that they would give us a kick ass modern line. They are the kings of 3.75" figures. But would fans want a 3.75" Classic ThunderCats line?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeah there has been talk for about a month

We will have to see what happens
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Can you give me some examples of this in MOTUC? I'm not saying I don't believe you, it's just that I don't believe you

Well, the first King Grayskull (and variant) kind of fill most of what you said, actually.

He's taller than every other MOTUC figure, his face is kind of painted poorly (not even CLOSE to his prototype...later Santa Grayskull's head is a million times better), he was not allowed to be sold outside of Canada and the US because of his electronic packaging). Beastman seems quite shorter than other figures, when, technically he should be larger. Horde Prime's "regular" sized when a bunch of people wanted him Giant sized. Giants are much shorter than they should be (I'm fine with their size, but a bunch of others are not).

Lack of paint aps and unpainted pins = Stinkor (they are white on the black side...Photog has the same problem). She-Ra's ankle pins (both versions) do not match her boots. Crappy open-face sculpt = Gygor. BGTeela, She-Ra 1.0...their faces are kind of bad too sculpt/paint job (because of re-purposing a mold I think and lack of paint).

For more examples of crappy paint aps, check the MOTUC quality control thread.

As for poor paint aps in Thundercats, I never had a single problem with the figures I got. They all look fantastic. I mean, there is the Tygra 1.0 facepaint problem which blows. I would like the improved version. I should go shopping to see if Thundercats made it to my area in Canada yet.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    < Sticks middle finger up at Bandai- you couldn't keep the line alive long enough for a 6" Pumyra....really....really..REALLY?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah there has been talk for about a month

We will have to see what happens
    I'm bad at wrapping my brain around production time frame things like this- IF a new company were to start putting out ThunderCats figures next Spring, would this SDCC be the time they would announce it?

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I'm bad at wrapping my brain around production time frame things like this- IF a new company were to start putting out ThunderCats figures next Spring, would this SDCC be the time they would announce it?
    Yes. SDCC would be the time for announcing to the world any new license changes. I really hope that ThunderCats gets another chance.

Heroic Warrior
    We all hope that Thundercats will get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes. SDCC would be the time for announcing to the world any new license changes. I really hope that ThunderCats gets another chance.
    If its true it would match up to around when Bandai went silent and why they seemed mad or irritated when Dan asked them about Thundercats at Toy Fair in Feb.

It would probably be the first time something this high profile happened as well.

Fans win either way as Hasbro and Mattel both have talented designers and experience with action figure lines of quality. They are also very con/fan friendly in their own respects (which would come in helpful for SDCC and PowerCon).

That said the distribution chain is still receiving product from Bandai, just no solicitations for new product so take what Amazon says with a grain of salt. I can still order any of the product from my wholesaler as of last night (not EE or BBTS) which means Bandai has not cut off the supply completely.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Thundercats Classics, catch them monthly on mattycollector
    Amen to that, my friend!!
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Well, the first King Grayskull (and variant) kind of fill most of what you said, actually.

He's taller than every other MOTUC figure, his face is kind of painted poorly (not even CLOSE to his prototype...later Santa Grayskull's head is a million times better), he was not allowed to be sold outside of Canada and the US because of his electronic packaging). Beastman seems quite shorter than other figures, when, technically he should be larger. Horde Prime's "regular" sized when a bunch of people wanted him Giant sized. Giants are much shorter than they should be (I'm fine with their size, but a bunch of others are not).

Lack of paint aps and unpainted pins = Stinkor (they are white on the black side...Photog has the same problem). She-Ra's ankle pins (both versions) do not match her boots. Crappy open-face sculpt = Gygor. BGTeela, She-Ra 1.0...their faces are kind of bad too sculpt/paint job (because of re-purposing a mold I think and lack of paint).

For more examples of crappy paint aps, check the MOTUC quality control thread.

As for poor paint aps in Thundercats, I never had a single problem with the figures I got. They all look fantastic. I mean, there is the Tygra 1.0 facepaint problem which blows. I would like the improved version. I should go shopping to see if Thundercats made it to my area in Canada yet.
    I don't like you anymore

I could continue my argument by saying the SDCC King Grayskull doesn't count because that should be looked at like a mass released prototype. MOTUC didnt start at 8 inch then go to 6 inch after a couple of figures were released. In hand, MOTUC figures feel and look great, the same cannot be said about Thundercats. And lastly, doesn't a higher production number mean there should be better quality?

As for the rumour about a new licensor for Thundercats, Jazzwares says hello

Higher production means more product to watch for quality so actually the opposite is probably true.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Higher production means more product to watch for quality so actually the opposite is probably true.
    Which means the issues could be more widespread and we are less likely to hear about it like we are with MOTUC which is completely isolated to the Internet

Which means the issues could be more widespread and we are less likely to hear about it like we are with MOTUC which is completely isolated to the Internet
    Possibly, but people are more likely to come to the internet with problems than with praise also.

with the four inch figures I got I did look through them, there were splotches of paint in spots, in some spots the paint didn't line up 100% true (more like a 95% true). At the time I was thinking of leaving them on cards so having a good paint application is a bit more important, but then I decided to open them and leave the classics on card. I saw no problems with the six inch figures.

Again, as I said (possibly in the cartoon topic) the line was aimed at kids not at collectors. Kids are more concerned with does this break when I take it out of the package than if a stripe is painted in or the paint just misses the mark. Where as collectors are more concerned with the opposite, with the exception on breakage being if they open it and go to pose it and it breaks with little effort.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

As for the rumour about a new licensor for Thundercats, Jazzwares says hello
    Good God. If Jazwares were to get the ThunderCats license, then the brand might as well have no toyline at all! They would break out of the package like their crappy Street Fighter figures.

That is a very good point, this was aimed at kids. I mainly going by my own experiences with the line and I did try to like them.

I guess it is all moot now anyway with another company picking up the license. Hopefully we can get some good figure out of the deal. **crosses fingers** Please be Mattel, please be Mattel

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Good God. If Jazwares were to get the ThunderCats license, then the brand might as well have no toyline at all! They would break out of the package like their crappy Street Fighter figures.
    I thought something similar. My initial thought at Jazzwares was "I thought people wanted the Thundercats line to be continued and carried in stores"

Their speciality is video game toys and retail has to usually clearance them off

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I thought something similar. My initial thought at Jazzwares was "I thought people wanted the Thundercats line to be continued and carried in stores"

Their speciality is video game toys and retail has to usually clearance them off
    Their specialty is getting good licenses and making very crappy figures.

Maybe Shocker Toys will throw their hat in the ring?

(okay, those two are the worst companies I can think of so my joke will have to end here )

NECA could get the license, but we'd only get Lion-O and Maybe Tygra in 6 different repaints. Then the line would end.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    If jazwares got the line, im punching a baby. Their stuff is some of the worst ive ever seen. Other than a matty collector deal sadly, I cant see anyone picking up the classics to get all the vintage guys re-made. But also each guy is a unique tool, so that kills alot of potential.

Mezco is killing it with the large figures, I wish they had full control
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't like you anymore

I could continue my argument by saying the SDCC King Grayskull doesn't count because that should be looked at like a mass released prototype. MOTUC didnt start at 8 inch then go to 6 inch after a couple of figures were released. In hand, MOTUC figures feel and look great, the same cannot be said about Thundercats. And lastly, doesn't a higher production number mean there should be better quality?
    I think the Thundercats figures look great and feel fine in-hand. The only one I can't really say that about is 4 inch Cheetara. She seems kind of flimsy...like an accessory.

Higher production generally = higher problems. I have had quite a few figures from Hasbro with double left feet (12 inch Invisible Woman) and double right hands (Light-up hands Emperor Palpatine, Asajj Ventress from the boxset).

That being said, if Bandai really has lost/given up on the licence...I would like to see Hasbro or Mattel take over. Hasbro is KING of the 4 inch scale. Mattel can do 6-7 inch really well...most of the time. Not the 4 inch size though. That...didn't go over well for Mattel. Infinite Heroes.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    When it comes to companies that have the money to throw around bids, it was speculated that Mattel "barely lost" the original bid to Bandai for Thundercats. That being said I'd assume other than Hasbro, Mattel is really the only other toy company that has the money to go into a bidding war again over the license. Personally I'd like to see Mattel get it on one hand if they would be willing to let the 4H work on it and do the same scale as MOTUC. On the other hand, there is another part of me that would like to see Hasbro get the line for the possibility that a supremely talented Italian designer could find his way working into the line.

I am now concerned if I should get my hopes up again or not. Thundercats Classics by Mattel and 4H would be a dream come true, especially if they included Silverhawks and Tigersharks. They could even reuse DCUC bucks on a few of the figures. Both are owned by WB so it should be fine.

I have an uneasy excitement brewing

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    On the other hand, there is another part of me that would like to see Hasbro get the line for the possibility that a supremely talented Italian designer could find his way working into the line.
    Yeah, I'd love for him to get that opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    When it comes to companies that have the money to throw around bids, it was speculated that Mattel "barely lost" the original bid to Bandai for Thundercats. That being said I'd assume other than Hasbro, Mattel is really the only other toy company that has the money to go into a bidding war again over the license. Personally I'd like to see Mattel get it on one hand if they would be willing to let the 4H work on it and do the same scale as MOTUC. On the other hand, there is another part of me that would like to see Hasbro get the line for the possibility that a supremely talented Italian designer could find his way working into the line.
    Yeah either Mattel or Hasbro would be the ones if it were to happen, both have huge in's with retail and either could convince retail to put it back on the shelves. The ad money is there, the distribution channel is there, the fan ties are there (via exclusives and past experience with fan boards).

I would hope if the current line is dead WB does not kill the license, they have to know its worth something besides sitting on the shelf for another 20-30 years.

If Mattel did get the ThunderCats license and made a 12 month subscription "Club Thundera", we could get all of the major characters in two years. 12 main figures, SDCC exclusives and a sub figure. After that, keep on making characters until the line dies. Get the majors out of the way and continue until the Tank runs out of fumes.

Year One:
    Lion-O
    Mumm-Ra
    Panthro
    Ssslythe
    Cheetara
    Jackalman
    Tygra
    Monkian
    Wilykit
    Vultureman
    Wilykat
    Jaga

SDCC exclusive: Bandaged Mumm-Ra and Ma-Mutt
    Sub exclusive: Snarf and Snarfer

Year Two:
    Hammerhand
    Tug Mug
    Bengali
    Ram Bam
    Alluro
    Cruncher
    Pumyra
    Chilla
    Top Spinner
    Red Eye
    Lynx-O
    Ratar-O

SDCC exclusive: Luna and Amok
    Sub exclusive: Ro-Ber-Bill and Ro-Ber-Belle

Year Three:
    Hachiman
    Turmigar the Tuska
    Willa
    Safari Joe
    Grune
    Nadya
    Reptilian Soldier
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????

SDCC exclusive: Snowman of Hook Mountain and Snowmeow
    Sub exclusive: Mandora and bike
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 28, 2012 at 08:28pm.