Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Hasbro getting the license could lead to the show being placed on the The Hub, if nothing else. And that'd work for me.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

I would doubt that would happen, since HUB is owned by Hasbro and Discovery channel and Cartoon Network is owned by Warner Brothers the company who holds the license for Thundercats.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Where and when did this rumour start??? I really hope that Hasbro takes it for retail. If it's going to be exclusive to collector's only then I would like to see Mattel take over. Any other company would just not do it justice.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    We all hope that Thundercats will get another chance.
    Me too I hope the show can survive
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Where and when did this rumour start??? I really hope that Hasbro takes it for retail. If it's going to be exclusive to collector's only then I would like to see Mattel take over. Any other company would just not do it justice.
    This is where I heard the rumor from.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    For prosperity;

I'm hearing that another toy company will pick up the line next spring from various action figures insiders...they also mentioned the line is dead.

I remember a forum telling me that Bandai had acquired the license before it was officially announced by the press (back on Jan 2010). I expect an official announcement soon!
    You must have seen the same form discussion I did. I've scowered the internet a few times trying to find exactly what toy forum it was. I do remember the person who made the post though. His name was AnimeTed. I've given him credit in our podcasts on the off chance he listened.

At first I thought his forum post was bogus just like everyone else: Both Mattel and Hasbro had approached WB about doing a toyline for the 80s show, but WB countered that anyone getting the license had to agree to produce figures for both the old show and a new show they were creating. This was BEFORE both the show and the toyline had been announced (around the same time frame you mentioned...January 2010). He also said that Bandai was in on the mix as well and what sealed the deal is that Bandai was the ONLY toy company willing to agree to those terms. I want to say he even mentioned the new show would be playing on Cartoon Network too, but I'm not 100% certain about that last detail.

Low and behold, both a new show and a new partnership from Bandai were announced later on that year. He was spot on so I think that guy was an industry insider who had credible information.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Just give me Thundercats minimates..... they are the ONLY company I can ever forsee giving us a full line up. Matty wouldnt touch em with all the unique tooling, and no ones gunna pick up the new series if season 2 isnt happening.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I gotta tell ya I hope Mattel gets this line. And please make them the same scale as motuc
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    If Mattel did get the ThunderCats license and made a 12 month subscription "Club Thundera", we could get all of the major characters in two years. 12 main figures, SDCC exclusives and a sub figure. After that, keep on making characters until the line dies. Get the majors out of the way and continue until the Tank runs out of fumes.

Year One:
    Lion-O
    Mumm-Ra
    Panthro
    Ssslythe
    Cheetara
    Jackalman
    Tygra
    Monkian
    Wilykit
    Jackalman
    Wilykat
    Jaga

SDCC exclusive: Bandaged Mumm-Ra and Ma-Mutt
    Sub exclusive: Snarf and Snarfer

Year Two:
    Hammerhand
    Tug Mug
    Bengali
    Ram Bam
    Alluro
    Cruncher
    Pumyra
    Chilla
    Top Spinner
    Red Eye
    Lynx-O
    Ratar-O

SDCC exclusive: Luna and Amok
    Sub exclusive: Ro-Ber-Bill and Ro-Ber-Belle

Year Three:
    Hachiman
    Turmigar the Tuska
    Willa
    Safari Joe
    Grune
    Nadya
    Reptilian Soldier
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????

SDCC exclusive: Snowman of Hook Mountain and Snowmeow
    Sub exclusive: Mandora and bike
    This.
    I want this.
    Give me this. Now.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I would doubt that would happen, since HUB is owned by Hasbro and Discovery channel and Cartoon Network is owned by Warner Brothers the company who holds the license for Thundercats.
    I can tell you for a fact talking to someone working on the show that it is possible for the series to continue on another network other than Cartoon Network. And it can be a non-WB owned network to boot. All the pieces have to fall in place, but it is not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I can tell you for a fact talking to someone working on the show that it is possible for the series to continue on another network other than Cartoon Network. And it can be a non-WB owned network to boot. All the pieces have to fall in place, but it is not impossible.
    Then I would have no problem with it, except I don't have Hub.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    As long as it continues it could go to VH1 for all I care, I just hope if CN dumps it that it ends up somewhere!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    As long as it continues it could go to VH1 for all I care, I just hope if CN dumps it that it ends up somewhere!
    Amen!!! They should bring back cool saturday mornings on fox, and I can have a legit excuse for sitting around in my PJ's and eating cereal. They last time I was able to do that without getting the infamous eyebrow was 98 when they showed "The new adventures of voltron". No not the 3D one, the vintage ones with the cgi intro.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior
    Went out looking for Movie Masters today, and saw TCats on clearance at Walmart, Meijer, and Kmart. RIP this line.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

MGM, your year one has Jackalman twice. I am assuming you meant Vultureman as one of the spots?

The only thing I don't like about your list is the lack of Silverhawks in it. But I still think this line can be handled with some buck sharing even if it means that there may be some creative liberties taken.

Can you imagine the Mattypalooza panel if they show Thundercats at SDCC

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    MGM, your year one has Jackalman twice. I am assuming you meant Vultureman as one of the spots?

The only thing I don't like about your list is the lack of Silverhawks in it. But I still think this line can be handled with some buck sharing even if it means that there may be some creative liberties taken.

Can you imagine the Mattypalooza panel if they show Thundercats at SDCC
    Yup, I meant Vultureman. Good catch!

I wasn't thinking of adding Tigersharks or Silverhawks, but I guess the line could morph into those properties as soon as the ThunderCats get done. That property has even less characters in it than MOTU (no variants). We could have all of the original heroes and villains in the first year and finish up with the newer major characters the next year.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 28, 2012 at 08:32pm.

Oh my god, I would swim around the world to get silverhawks classics!! No vac metal though, the originals didnt last at all!

Heroic Warrior
    I would definitely buy a Thundercats Classics sub.

A combination of Thundercats, Silverhawks and Tigersharks scuplted by 4H would definitely give MOTUC a run for its money

Heroic Warrior
    If Mattel did get the ThunderCats license and made a 12 month subscription "Club Thundera", we could get all of the major characters in two years. 12 main figures, SDCC exclusives and a sub figure. After that, keep on making characters until the line dies. Get the majors out of the way and continue until the Tank runs out of fumes.

Year One:
    Lion-O
    Mumm-Ra
    Panthro
    Ssslythe
    Cheetara
    Jackalman
    Tygra
    Monkian
    Wilykit
    Vultureman
    Wilykat
    Jaga

SDCC exclusive: Bandaged Mumm-Ra and Ma-Mutt
    Sub exclusive: Snarf and Snarfer

Year Two:
    Hammerhand
    Tug Mug
    Bengali
    Ram Bam
    Alluro
    Cruncher
    Pumyra
    Chilla
    Top Spinner
    Red Eye
    Lynx-O
    Ratar-O

SDCC exclusive: Luna and Amok
    Sub exclusive: Ro-Ber-Bill and Ro-Ber-Belle

Year Three:
    Hachiman
    Turmigar the Tuska
    Willa
    Safari Joe
    Grune
    Nadya
    Reptilian Soldier
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????
    ???????

SDCC exclusive: Snowman of Hook Mountain and Snowmeow
    Sub exclusive: Mandora and bike
    Mad Bubbler and several other concepts are missing.

I would subscribe the same second it's out.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Just give me Thundercats minimates..... they are the ONLY company I can ever forsee giving us a full line up. Matty wouldnt touch em with all the unique tooling, and no ones gunna pick up the new series if season 2 isnt happening.
    Mattel tried to get ThunderCats the first time around, but lost the bid to Bandai. The Horsemen REALLY wanted to do ThunderCats figures.

Take a look at your Chief Carnivus. And then look at his sword. That's not a coincidence.

I'd love to see Mattel get the license and do something similar to MOTUC. I know I may be bias, but to me MOTUC is the best toy line out right now, as far as sculpt and such goes. I want Thundercats scultped just as well as those.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Mattel tried to get ThunderCats the first time around, but lost the bid to Bandai. The Horsemen REALLY wanted to do ThunderCats figures.

Take a look at your Chief Carnivus. And then look at his sword. That's not a coincidence.

I'd love to see Mattel get the license and do something similar to MOTUC. I know I may be bias, but to me MOTUC is the best toy line out right now, as far as sculpt and such goes. I want Thundercats scultped just as well as those.
    Oh yeah Chief is a total nod to Thundercats and Eternia mixed!

I remember that from the SDCC panel, but unless they try to really nail a animated look like Bandai did, I think they would flop. The statue figures all look bizzare looking detailed and stuff. Id really rather playmates get the line truthfully. As a Thundercats diehard, id probably drink a gallon of bleach if my cats had nearly as many QC issues as motuc. Plus at the rate Mattel is going other than motuc, the line would be another half complete series (GB, Young Justice, Etc..) before they can it.

Plus we know we'd never get a Thundertank or any playsets. I really enjoyed all the bandai lines because they were fun and could take a beating and had playsets. MOTUC feels naked without a grayskull, just as Cats would be without a Lair.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Oh yeah Chief is a total nod to Thundercats and Eternia mixed!

I remember that from the SDCC panel, but unless they try to really nail a animated look like Bandai did, I think they would flop. The statue figures all look bizzare looking detailed and stuff. Id really rather playmates get the line truthfully. As a Thundercats diehard, id probably drink a gallon of bleach if my cats had nearly as many QC issues as motuc. Plus at the rate Mattel is going other than motuc, the line would be another half complete series (GB, Young Justice, Etc..) before they can it.

Plus we know we'd never get a Thundertank or any playsets. I really enjoyed all the bandai lines because they were fun and could take a beating and had playsets. MOTUC feels naked without a grayskull, just as Cats would be without a Lair.
    I won't argue the QC points.

I agree with you about vehicles and playsets. But they need to be done better than what Bandai has done. I disagree with them being able to take a beating. I think the figures feel pretty cheap. The ThunderTank feels exceptionally cheap, and it's just not built well. You can't handle it without it falling into pieces. And the playset is a joke. there's just nothing to it, and nothing spectacular about it at all. To quote my wife "if I bought this for a kid, I'd be ticked off."

But, to each their own. We have different tastes in figures, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Playmates would probably do some cool things with ThunderCats. They've always knocked TMNT out of the park, and the new stuff looks like it'll be just as fun. If they did ThunderCats like that, I'd be very happy.

I'm worried about Hasbro doing them simply becuase they'll probably be impossible to find. Anyone who collects Hasbro lines will know exactly what I mean.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Mad Bubbler and several other concepts are missing.
    Yeah. I didn't add Mongor, Captain Shiner, Captain Cracker or that dragonfly-guy with the fragile wings. I always thought they were rather odd choices. I did forget the Driller though.