Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I won't argue the QC points.

I agree with you about vehicles and playsets. But they need to be done better than what Bandai has done. I disagree with them being able to take a beating. I think the figures feel pretty cheap. The ThunderTank feels exceptionally cheap, and it's just not built well. You can't handle it without it falling into pieces. And the playset is a joke. there's just nothing to it, and nothing spectacular about it at all. To quote my wife "if I bought this for a kid, I'd be ticked off."

But, to each their own. We have different tastes in figures, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Playmates would probably do some cool things with ThunderCats. They've always knocked TMNT out of the park, and the new stuff looks like it'll be just as fun. If they did ThunderCats like that, I'd be very happy.

I'm worried about Hasbro doing them simply becuase they'll probably be impossible to find. Anyone who collects Hasbro lines will know exactly what I mean.
    Totally, the vech. were done poorly as hell, but im looking at em through the thankful for something glasses lol. The tower isnt nearly as bad if you customize it (but you shouldnt have to).

Hasbro stuff exists!?!?!?

Playmates has been doing a killer job with their stuff for a while. The 200x Turtles were one of the best toylines ever! The figures from bandai though are extremely strong. Ive dropped a few of them and they were fine. My first king HSSS I dropped from 3 feet and he exploded at the legs.

I think Mattel does a good job with their in store stuff, but their online has been hit and miss. I can honestly see them being as badly packed as WWE figures. If John Cena and Randy Orton figures were made out of food, no one would ever go hungry again.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Playmates has been doing a killer job with their stuff for a while.
    Except Star Trek and Terminator Salvation. I think those two lines nearly killed Playmates, as theys eemed to almost disappear for a time after that. Then BOOM! Awesome new TMNT figures.

I think Mattel does a good job with their in store stuff, but their online has been hit and miss. I can honestly see them being as badly packed as WWE figures. If John Cena and Randy Orton figures were made out of food, no one would ever go hungry again.
    Same thing with Hasbro, though. Bumblebee could feed the world if he were food!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Except Star Trek and Terminator Salvation. I think those two lines nearly killed Playmates, as theys eemed to almost disappear for a time after that. Then BOOM! Awesome new TMNT figures.

Same thing with Hasbro, though. Bumblebee could feed the world if he were food!
    oh christ..... the salvation stuff........ so much potential for killer robot toys. The trek stuff is still lingering isnt it? TRU wants nearly full price still near me. That stuff is junk.

Playmates does good kid friendly stuff though with alot of fun add on's, imagine a cats lair interior head playset!!!! But for the new line playmates for sure.. classics I dunno. Matty's good but all their lines minus motuc dont last. And with the tooling per figure I dunno, each guy is nearly a seperate tool. The mezco stuff is epic, wish they had everything!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Since Mattel is doing business with Warner & DC Comics, it could be possible that they may end up with ThunderCats license. I don't know how much Warner is involved in those kind of decisions. Honestly, Mattel have MOTUC as a good example of what they are doing, excellently towards the figures (avoiding any QC & CS issues), and pretty much the same fanbase would love to have both He-Man & Lion-O (or Skeletor & Mumm-Ra) together in the same style.

Now I wonder why there's no new ThunderCats comic with such excellent new show.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

The Bandai toys don't interest me, but I think they would have if I were younger (when I made less money ironically). Mattel making toys like MOTU Classics would be great, but I don't expect that to happen.

oh christ..... the salvation stuff........ so much potential for killer robot toys. The trek stuff is still lingering isnt it? TRU wants nearly full price still near me. That stuff is junk.

Playmates does good kid friendly stuff though with alot of fun add on's, imagine a cats lair interior head playset!!!! But for the new line playmates for sure.. classics I dunno. Matty's good but all their lines minus motuc dont last. And with the tooling per figure I dunno, each guy is nearly a seperate tool. The mezco stuff is epic, wish they had everything!
    What kills is Playmates did better Star Trek back in the early 90s. They didn't start to really drop the ball until they did the First Contact line. Now their new toys are unforgivable crap though. Mattel gave us excellent hotwheels space ships though, I wish they had made more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

Now I wonder why there's no new ThunderCats comic with such excellent new show.
    There is, but sadly its UK only.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I can still order any of the product from my wholesaler as of last night (not EE or BBTS) which means Bandai has not cut off the supply completely.
    Why would Bandai cut off supply? They probably have tons of figures sitting around collecting dust. At this point, nobody wants them.

In a few weeks they'll be all over Big Lots.

Oh my god, I would swim around the world to get silverhawks classics!! No vac metal though, the originals didnt last at all!
    Just the thought of a Classics Buzzsaw, Mumbo Jumbo, Windhammer, Poker-Face....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Why would Bandai cut off supply? They probably have tons of figures sitting around collecting dust. At this point, nobody wants them.

In a few weeks they'll be all over Big Lots.
    Pretty much, they will have to go somewhere because if my orders of Tygra cases I received are any indication Bandai made more than enough. So I guess we should all be on the lookout at TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, and Big Lots over the coming months
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Just the thought of a Classics Buzzsaw, Mumbo Jumbo, Windhammer, Poker-Face....
    Not to forget both forms of Mon*Star, Windhammer, Hardware. There are so many I would want that I could pretty much list them all.

I guess it is just a pipe dream but once I saw Mon*Star in the new Thundercats I couldn't help but get excited. I am excited again that Mattel could get the license and I can't help but think how cool it would be if they included it all (Thundercats, Silverhawks and Tigersharks) under one line. There are enough figures to keep them going after MOTUC is finished and I am sure there would be enough subscribers to keep the line afloat.

Until I am told otherwise, my hopes are sitting squarely with Mattel and a release of Thundercats Classics using the same business model as MOTUC

because if my orders of Tygra cases I received are any indication Bandai made more than enough.
    Oh good! You can give me one then, please. I said please.......

Oh and...... CLASSICS MELODIA. #Endgame

Oh good! You can give me one then, please. I said please.......

Oh and...... CLASSICS MELODIA. #Endgame
    You ordered a case yourself I thought, you should be good to go

Oh and I would totally be in for a Thundercats subscription sight unseen if Mattel were to get the license and decide to do it like MOTUC
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

You ordered a case yourself I thought, you should be good to go

Oh and I would totally be in for a Thundercats subscription sight unseen if Mattel were to get the license and decide to do it like MOTUC
    Nope I ordered Tygra by himself from EE but he in unfufilled I called them too, they dont know when/if they will get him I was told.

I ordered a case of 4 inch to get myself a Slithe. Great figure!

Nope I ordered Tygra by himself from EE but he in unfufilled I called them too, they dont know when/if they will get him I was told.

I ordered a case of 4 inch to get myself a Slithe. Great figure!
    I thought about getting a case of the Slithe wave, I just hate the other 2 figures that come with him in the case

If anyone is selling a 6' Tygra, please contact me. I really would like to get one but I can't afford to buy an entire case. It's funny how in the beginning of this series I hated him, but as the show goes on he has grown on me and is now my favorite of the 3 main supporting cats.

Yep. That Star Trek and Terminator stuff are both still around. TRU still has some Trek stuff, and Big Lots around here have Trek and Salvation stuff. Both stores are charging way too much for that junk!

Gbagok said it already above, but Playmates did amazing Trek toys in the 90's! I LOVED the TNG line! I would have been totally col if the new movie series were just like those. I'm still trying to figure out how they jumped so far backwards.

But yeah, I totally agree with you. Wow, a Cats Lair inside playset would be AMAZING! And I think you're right. When it comes to great kid-friendly toys with playsets and vehicles, Playmates could probably knock it out of the park...as long as they don't go Trek on us!

But for the collectors stuff, I agree with everyone who says Mattel and a MOTUC style line. Man...it's like I wish both of those companies could somehow share the rights to do their own separate things with it!

But for the collectors stuff, I agree with everyone who says Mattel and a MOTUC style line. Man...it's like I wish both of those companies could somehow share the rights to do their own separate things with it!
    Couldn't it be done? One company has license to do collector scale and one company has the license to do a 4 inch kids scale. Isn't it similar to what Hasbro has for GI Joe and Sideshow Collectibles?

I thought about getting a case of the Slithe wave, I just hate the other 2 figures that come with him in the case
    He's worth it! Donate the rest to charity. The panthro is pretty fun!! And uh...... be sure to help me out with Tygra lol! I wanna play with him!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. That Star Trek and Terminator stuff are both still around. TRU still has some Trek stuff, and Big Lots around here have Trek and Salvation stuff. Both stores are charging way too much for that junk!

Gbagok said it already above, but Playmates did amazing Trek toys in the 90's! I LOVED the TNG line! I would have been totally col if the new movie series were just like those. I'm still trying to figure out how they jumped so far backwards.

But yeah, I totally agree with you. Wow, a Cats Lair inside playset would be AMAZING! And I think you're right. When it comes to great kid-friendly toys with playsets and vehicles, Playmates could probably knock it out of the park...as long as they don't go Trek on us!

Makes you wonder what is gunna happen to all that stuff someday!! If each store has say 15 salvation item and 20 trek items..... will some day we be living on a island made of this crap!? One can only fear that future.

They amped up the details and they looked weird thats why they all failed. Playmates isnt capable of high detail with good posability without coming off as a joke. Plus Star Trek doesnt have nearly the market that Star Wars does. For the most part no ones gunna wanna have adventures of toys of dudes in long sleeve shirts and dress pants with laser guns lol. Just too boring in the long run for kids. Not when you have crazy colorful guys from star wars around.

Mezco is killing it with the 12 inch guys. I think WB licenced everyone and their mother out for Tcats stuff, except me with the soundtrack when I offered them remastered stuff for free. Their insane lol! You think Mattel would still want Thundercats if they knew Mezco, Icon Hero's, and other guys were offering figures too? Usually they go all crazy and hoard properties. Like the fact MOTUC cant have minimates, when they are in demand.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Pixel Dan;3033822]Except Star Trek and Terminator Salvation. I think those two lines nearly killed Playmates, as theys eemed to almost disappear for a time after that. Then BOOM! Awesome new TMNT figures.

Ive seen those Star Trek toys at the Dollar Tree
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Just to show what could be possible if Mattel got the license and also did Silverhawks;

Courtesy of loosecollector

Mezco is killing it with the 12 inch guys. I think WB licenced everyone and their mother out for Tcats stuff, except me with the soundtrack when I offered them remastered stuff for free. Their insane lol! You think Mattel would still want Thundercats if they knew Mezco, Icon Hero's, and other guys were offering figures too? Usually they go all crazy and hoard properties. Like the fact MOTUC cant have minimates, when they are in demand.
    Idunno. They are actually doing a lot of licensing with MOTU right now. Funko is doing those Wacky Wobblers, AFX is doing diorama statues, etc. So they might be ok with it. The don't own ThunderCats like they do MOTU, so they may be more willing. But idunno.

I need to pick up some of the Mezco stuff, still. I really want that Mumm-Ra. He looks amazing!

PS - I WANT those Silverhawks figures above!

I need to pick up some of the Mezco stuff, still. I really want that Mumm-Ra. He looks amazing!

PS - I WANT those Silverhawks figures above!
    Keep your eyes on Amazon for Mumm-Ra. They occasionally have great deals on him with free shipping!! Id actually trade my mumm-ra for a 6 inch Tygra....... (any takers!?!? ) He is a beast!!! Did the Funko guys get approved? I thought someone said there was a slight hicup in production.

Seriously those silverhawks make me feel like i just got away with a crime. wonderful! Actually want them more than Thundercats now lol!!

Oh wow! Silverhawks! That line was one of my first loves for action figures right after MOTU. I think there was an old 4H interview a while back, maybe in Toyfare, where they said they wanted to do an all 80's line of various properties. That would have been awesome.

Playmates 90's Star Trek stuff is awesome. I still love mine. If Playmates hadn't done all of those ridiculous rare figures, the line would have continued for years. Playmates had a gold mine and got greedy. The Star Trek fan base got upset and most dropped the line like a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Just to show what could be possible if Mattel got the license and also did Silverhawks;
    Man, those are awesome!
    I wish I have the talent to create such customs and not be waiting for a toy company to do such figures.

I know it is not related to anything with this thread, but would it be very expensive for Mattel to get the license for other 80's figures and throw them altogether in the mix? My main desire would be Galaxy Rangers, Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors & BraveStarr alongside Rankin Bass related figures.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Man, those are awesome!
    I wish I have the talent to create such customs and not be waiting for a toy company to do such figures.

I know it is not related to anything with this thread, but would it be very expensive for Mattel to get the license for other 80's figures and throw them altogether in the mix? My main desire would be Galaxy Rangers, Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors & BraveStarr alongside Rankin Bass related figures.
    It is possible but it all depends on how much the owners want for the license. And also how much of a fan base each property has.

Toybiz/Marvel Toys did something similar with Legendary Comic Book Heroes. They had a whole bunch of different comic characters and tried to release them under one name. Unfortunately, it didn't work