Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Toys aside, I really wanna know if because bandai dropped the ball, if their gunna pull the plug at wb for the show. Each week its like seeing old friends after 20 years, I dont want them to go away again !! WAHHHH WAHHHHH! No but really, for all the bad garbage gi joe and transformers had these last years (minus prime), we deserve one fair shot!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Toys aside, I really wanna know if because bandai dropped the ball, if their gunna pull the plug at wb for the show. Each week its like seeing old friends after 20 years, I dont want them to go away again !! WAHHHH WAHHHHH! No but really, for all the bad garbage gi joe and transformers had these last years (minus prime), we deserve one fair shot!
    I think everyone wants to know one way or another, Bandai is remaining silent. Maybe in a month after SDCC we will know something.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

More baseless speculation but Mattel gaining the license and co-funding the cartoon could mean a new MOTU cartoon again on Cartoon Network....

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think everyone wants to know one way or another, Bandai is remaining silent. Maybe in a month after SDCC we will know something.
    Yeah thats for sure! We've all bugged them and nadda! I doubt they would call for a re-do. My TRU moved all Thundercats to a tiny corner with a big clearance sign above it. It actually sickened me. The toys didnt really sell cause 1)no commericials 2) the show wasnt promoted twords kids in the begining other than being on after star wars and 3)Not enough product.

WB was half to blame - No kids clothes , no games (the DS doesnt count, too little too late), no cereal (!!!!!), bed sheets, etc... all stuff that coulda helped, they didnt even bother.

I say let the show run as blu ray releases (like the batman/superman films) and do specialty toys.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well if inside discussions are to be believed they lost the shot at the license because they did not want to do the modern show, they just wanted the Classics. I think it would be neat to see a 4H take on the modern designs
    This!
    I want to seem their take on 6-7" figures of the new Slithe, Monkian and Jackalman. Or Slythe and Alan and Jeff, or whatever their names are, now.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    This!
    I want to seem their take on 6-7" figures of the new Slithe, Monkian and Jackalman. Or Slythe and Alan and Jeff, or whatever their names are, now.
    I believe they are Rick and Bill now. Their names are still REALLY hard to get use to, at least for me considering for the last nearly 25 years they have been jackalman and monkian.

I think giving the Mutants names makes sense(S-s-slithe being the only one with a name always bothered me as a kid), but I can't for the life of me ever remember what they are.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I think giving the Mutants names makes sense(S-s-slithe being the only one with a name always bothered me as a kid), but I can't for the life of me ever remember what they are.
    I know Jackalman is Kaynar from the line Monkian said to Lion-O "You're crazier than Kaynar!!" (that was a very memorable moment for me ) I have know idea what Monkian's name is.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Addicus I know the names just getting used to placing them
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I saw the Claudus wave at one of my local Wal-Marts recently. While I'm sure it has shown up a few times in the past since I haven't been too actively looking, it is the first time I've seen it. Unfortunately, there was no Claudus himself, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I saw the Claudus wave at one of my local Wal-Marts recently. While I'm sure it has shown up a few times in the past since I haven't been too actively looking, it is the first time I've seen it. Unfortunately, there was no Claudus himself, though.
    Yeah he is packed 1 per case so either the workers are taking him for an eBay sale or he is picked up quick because he is different then the same old
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Warrior
    the latest issue of previews. June 2012. spike on the front. rorschach on the back is showing......

Page 430:offered again Lion-o mini statue
    Page 430:a polystone version of the cat's lair
    Page 409:14 inch Lion-O figure

I forgot where I read it, but I heard that Lion-O is getting a Hallmark ornament this Christmas. I know that may not mean a lot to some, but as big a sucker as I am for Christmas, I love checking out Hallmark's new ornaments each year. I still hope He-Man & She-Ra get one some day(I don't think they ever had one in the 80's).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I forgot where I read it, but I heard that Lion-O is getting a Hallmark ornament this Christmas. I know that may not mean a lot to some, but as big a sucker as I am for Christmas, I love checking out Hallmark's new ornaments each year. I still hope He-Man & She-Ra get one some day(I don't think they ever had one in the 80's).
    Probably here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ament-for-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Nope. I feel stupid now for mentioning it, but I know for a fact that I've never seen that thread before. I am happy to see it's of classic Lion-O though.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I dont see why Monkian and Jackalman couldn't be their names!?!?

Jackalman of the Kaynar race and Monkian of the Simian/ar race. (or aptly named fictionalised ape race)

Not too hard now is it.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I dont see why Monkian and Jackalman couldn't be their names!?!?

Jackalman of the Kaynar race and Monkian of the Simian/ar race. (or aptly named fictionalised ape race)

Not too hard now is it.
    Their given names are their races in the old canon. It's like calling Ssslythe "Lizardman". It's a terrible idea, but everyone is used to calling them Jackalman and Monkian for almost 30 years.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Has it ever been said in the old toon that the monkey mutants are "Monkians"?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Has it ever been said in the old toon that the monkey mutants are "Monkians"?
    Yes. In Slaves of Castle Plun-Darr, Wilykit says there is a Monkian sleeping against a tree below them. I'm sure in Exodus, they are referred to as Jackalmen, Monkians and Retillians. 'Kaynar' isn't a race, its a name!

In the old series, the Mutants weren't very loyal to each other, so it wasn't so bad they called each other by their race. It can be seen as derogatary in a way I suppose, but then they are the bad guys and do not care about each others feelings I guess!

Giving them names in the new series doesn't take anything away for me, as it was never established before in the old series what their names were, so I'm fine with it. It just adds something cool to develop them further.
    Last edited by blackiecats; June 4, 2012 at 09:00pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

To anyone who believes Bandai will still be making toys and that things will get better.......

http://www.bandai.com/thundercats/collectors

Funny, yet sad at the same time.

To anyone who believes Bandai will still be making toys and that things will get better.......

I am sorry I saw the page say Whiskers and just lost it

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I guess I better pick up the ThunderCats Classic Lion-O sooner rather than later.

I guess my collection will just have to be incomplete, my chances of getting a 6' Tygra seem pretty slim.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Maybe...maybe they're just in the process of adding new products... Yeah, I know...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah