Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    LOL. I can't understand why TRU.com won't put the SDCC Lion-o on sale. They are having another sale, and he is still "immune."
    Would be nice to get those weapons he comes with, but not at that price.

Great news. I had a set of 8 inchers that I needed to move, as there's no real need to have 3 Lion-o's, nor 2 Tygra's; and I sold the set. I only broke even, but it's $18 recouped. I got them so cheap, I was able to undercut TRU.com by $5 LOL. I used that money to order Claudus. If I can just sell a few more items, I can get the Tygra ThunderRacer, I'll consider my collection complete at that point
    I am guessing because they paid a lot for the exclusive and they are not ready to lose the money just yet.

Unlike the regular line, the exclusive had a lower production run so it probably cost more per unit. To you and I a few cents or dollars probably does not seem like a lot but TRU is not exactly at a place where they can just throw money away. I would guess that will be the last thing to drop in price as TRU still has 2010 exclusives from SDCC on their site if I remember right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    With the animated shows of Kim Possible, Scooby Doo MI, Family Guy and Justice League they all have had pretty long delays in between seasons for various reasons. Kim Possible had met Disney's rule of only so many episodes than it's cancelled fans asked for a season to wrap things up and I am sure other factors came into play so they made another season that actually was more continuity driven. Scooby Doo MI the second season starts next month, the show started in the back half of 2010. I think they weren't sure if they were going to pick it back up when they did it caused a delay of almost a year. Family Guy got cancelled, the season DVD did so well Fox asked them to make more.

Futurama has had long hiatuses, and I am sure if we all sat here and thought about it we could come up with another dozen or more shows that waited a year or sometimes longer for new episodes and it didn't affect their ratings except in some cases to improve them.
    Yup and we just do not know how the other factors are working right now. It is entirely possible the DVD sales and the iTunes/Amazon digital sales are more than enough to keep the show going for another 26 episodes. But seeing as how the 3rd volume has not been released since the season just ended I think we won't find out for quite some time.

Its never been TOYS MUST SELL, Its always been SOMETHING MUST SELL in order to pay for the show. Toys are just the easiest to make your money on since its low cost and high return. The other shows like Young Justice benefit from having other avenues to merchandise.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am guessing because they paid a lot for the exclusive and they are not ready to lose the money just yet.

Unlike the regular line, the exclusive had a lower production run so it probably cost more per unit. To you and I a few cents or dollars probably does not seem like a lot but TRU is not exactly at a place where they can just throw money away. I would guess that will be the last thing to drop in price as TRU still has 2010 exclusives from SDCC on their site if I remember right

Weren't those just extras that went unsold from a convention? How many of them can there be????

I just picked up 4" Tygra and both modern Lion-o's. I need a 4" Panthro without robotic arms. Damn, I could have had 5 of those, but they all disappeared. Other than that, I just need Tygra's ThunderRacer. I'm almost done

There's no way I'm buying Mummy Mumm-ra. He is way too common, and everyone hates him. Every line has a guy like that. It was Ahab with the X-Men and Zardeth in the Crystal Warriors
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Weren't those just extras that went unsold from a convention? How many of them can there be????

I just picked up 4" Tygra and both modern Lion-o's. I need a 4" Panthro without robotic arms. Damn, I could have had 5 of those, but they all disappeared. Other than that, I just need Tygra's ThunderRacer. I'm almost done

There's no way I'm buying Mummy Mumm-ra. He is way too common, and everyone hates him. Every line has a guy like that. It was Ahab with the X-Men and Zardeth in the Crystal Warriors
    No the way TRU did their SDCC Exclusives is they split shipment between the Con and the Store/Online Store. Its just I don't think they sold out at the Con and I know they did not sell out online so its just a glut of stock. In hindsight that probably was warning sign #1
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I really think a lot of fans were not thrilled with Bandai. They either bought sparingly or passed on everything. I've heard a number of people lamenting not buying this figure or that. It would be good if a lot of them change their minds down the road and start collecting late. The aftermarket values would skyrocket to the moon

I wasn't pleased with the quality of the toy line, so I didn't bother buying anything. I liked the show, even though it lacked in some areas that the old show had and It seemed to have filler/boring episodes more than exciting ones. Its just a shame.
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

I'm a MIB collector, so the overall toy quality is of secondary concern. That's a good thing in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if wave 2 Tygra or Cheetara have any differences? I just realized that Lion-o has a different head sculpt.

The face paint on wave 2 Tygra and Cheetara are different, but the sculpts are exactly the same.

Thanks. I'll have to look into that to see if it is worth picking up both versions.

EDIT:

I bought an extra Cheetara to sell or trade. After examing them, they have different cardbacks. There is a significant difference between the face paint.

Now I'm not sure which one to keep
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; June 20, 2012 at 09:21am.

I watched the series finale lat night.

Man, for a show that started off so strong, it really just seemed like it gave up on itself. To have so many fillers towards the end of it first season is pretty bad I think.

I cannot imagine how or why this show would get picked up again.

Unless someone has proof to the contrary, I think that's the end for Thundercats in both Toy and cartoon form.

Oh well, we have Avatar Korra after all so all is good in the world.
    I hope we get decent toy this time.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Never watched the Avatar series, only the movie, which was meh.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    The movie is to the series as vomit is to ambrosia.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    The series is NOTHING like the movie. The series is pure genius!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

'Meh' is pretty generous from what I hear. I have never bothered to watch the movie myself.

(both) The Avatar tv series on the other hand is one of the finest things to ever hit television in my opinion.

I thought Thundercats was tapping into a bit of that kind of vibe but alas....
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The Avatar movie was atrocious. The animated series was elegant, funny, and enjoyable. They're nothing alike.

Thundercats, at the end (presumed), feels like it thought it was going to have a lot more time, hence all the 'character' episodes and wandering. I would think if they knew from the outset they'd only have 26 episodes, or whatever the count is, I'd like to imagine they'd have had a tighter story.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I took one last ride down to my New Jersey source. They always have a lot of stuff down there, but I've pretty much cleaned everything out.

Good haul. I got a couple of wave 2 Tygra's and Lion-o's at a Walmart.
    I also got a wave 1 Tygra with the short whip on clearance at a K-mart.
    And I got a pair of classic Mumm-ra's on clearance at a Target, they were $7.50 each.

Pretty happy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    'Meh' is pretty generous from what I hear. I have never bothered to watch the movie myself.

(both) The Avatar tv series on the other hand is one of the finest things to ever hit television in my opinion.

I thought Thundercats was tapping into a bit of that kind of vibe but alas....
    On a side note, I think both Avatar series have perhaps some of the most beautiful animation I've seen since Don Post.

Does anyone know if Pixel Dan did video reviews for the Deluxe Tygra and Deluxe Lion-o sets? I haven't been able to find them.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    To add fuel to the speculation fire, mikethedrummer just posted this in the "Classics" forum about Matty's 2013 subscription lines:
    "On Matty...

2013 Subscriptions On Sale 7/13 Through 8/6
    Posted by Admin on June 28, 2012

Toy Fans,

Good news… we’ve nailed down the 2013 subscriptions and they’re better than ever. What are they? You’ll have to wait until July 13 at our fan panel at SDCC to find out! For now, here’s what we can tell you: we have old favorites returning, and they’ll be joined by an all-new line. "

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Silverhawks, PLEASE. For the love of god, Silverhawks.....

I would also accept "The Real Ghostbusters" but I have a feeling maybe filmation's Ghostbusters.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Silverhawks, PLEASE. For the love of god, Silverhawks.....

I would also accept "The Real Ghostbusters" but I have a feeling maybe filmation's Ghostbusters.
    I would totally buy Filmation GB figures in a heartbeast, as well as RGB

I would totally buy Filmation GB figures in a heartbeast, as well as RGB
    Even if matty did FGB, I doubt their sculpts would be as good as the 80's figures. They were kind of flawless even to this day! Really weird how 30 year old toys look better than some do today.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I'm pretty sure that it's going to be WWE, but I would love both Silverhawks, Thundercats, and Filmation Ghostbusters. The GB would be so awesome - the cartoon was all right, but the character designs were awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it's going to be WWE, but I would love both Silverhawks, Thundercats, and Filmation Ghostbusters. The GB would be so awesome - the cartoon was all right, but the character designs were awesome!
    But how would WWE be an all new line? Its been on MattyCollector and part of Mattel for some time now.

And I seriously doubt the WWE Collectors Figures like Andre the Giant sell in enough numbers to attempt a subscription service

But how would WWE be an all new line? Its been on MattyCollector and part of Mattel for some time now.

And I seriously doubt the WWE Collectors Figures like Andre the Giant sell in enough numbers to attempt a subscription service
    Correct sir! Actually after I mentioned FGB, it would make sence, but for Matty numbers and all unique tooling it would be suicide considering alot. RGB is where im putting my money. In the 80's it was RGB, Silverhawks, Thundercats, He-Man, Voltron, Transformers..... oddly they have most of those licences except Silverhawks and Thundercats, and I dont think Silverhawks (PLEASE!!) would do huge numbers for them despite the parts sharing, which would be ALOT.

I would totally buy Filmation GB figures in a heartbeast,
    Me too, but I have a feeling, much like with Gobots, we'd be in the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Even if matty did FGB, I doubt their sculpts would be as good as the 80's figures. They were kind of flawless even to this day! Really weird how 30 year old toys look better than some do today.
    I watched more of the RGB cartoon, but I still liked Filmation's as well. I never had any of their toys as a kid, but I bought all of the action figures near mint on card off of Ebay a few years ago. Great toys with some of the most fun designs that Filmation ever made IMO.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!