Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Yeah, there isn't much going on.
    I read in Entertainment Weekly that Nelsan Ellis, who plays Lafayette Reynolds on HBO's True Blood, is a Thundercats fan. Not ground breaking, but I thought that was cool.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    clearance them at a good price, even when Amazon marked them down to 10 bucks a piece they still had stock after. I said I would only pick one up at that price if I saw it in person. My walmart has only ever knocked off 5 bucks off the thing which is a stupid mark down.

Well, it's clear they miscalculated the demand. There's more out there than there should be. But that doesn't mean they aren't moving. It just means it will take longer than expected at the low price. Also consider that shipping is high for large items. I wouldn't be thrilled about seeing the tower @ $10 because I would be expecting the shipping to be also be $10. Realistically, there's not any good reason to be ordering those on-line when there's not exactly a shortage of them at the store

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I read in Entertainment Weekly that Nelsan Ellis, who plays Lafayette Reynolds on HBO's True Blood, is a Thundercats fan. Not ground breaking, but I thought that was cool.
    LOL. I'm not really a big time TC fan myself. I'm just a long-time action figure maniac

I just like the line. It's small (assuming it's been canceled), the figures are affordable, and it's a nice change of pace from all the super hero stuff I am seeing at retail. I used to collect Marvel back in the day, and I'm still into Toy Biz now. I even had the Secret Wars imports MOC, but I have no real interest in that kind of stuff now. I'm more into sci-fi and 80's cartoon stuff.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

being as they were on amazon and offered by amazon if you got 25 bucks worth of stuff you could get free shipping. since as you said shipping would have been about 10 bucks it was better to add up to 25. Of course with online stores shipping isn't always based on size of item but on cost.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    being as they were on amazon and offered by amazon if you got 25 bucks worth of stuff you could get free shipping. since as you said shipping would have been about 10 bucks it was better to add up to 25. Of course with online stores shipping isn't always based on size of item but on cost.
    Yeah, my TRU had the buy one, get one free sale, and I snagged both the tank and the tower for $25. They didn't sell hardly any from what I can tell, but the sale was only for two days. It would have been interesting to see how they would have sold if they had left the sale up for say 2 weeks. There isn't much there other than those two items, so I would expect them to move.

As you said, it's possible collectors in this day and age aren't all that interested in vehicles and playsets.

EDIT

I think they struck out when they failed to produce a weapons pack. They could have produced all the same weapons but made in a stronger plastic. Everyone would have bought them. That alone could have reduced the mummy Mumm-ra population by half. I'd like to see the old weapons packs make a comeback

- - - Updated - - -

My local Target finally gave up on the Deluxe figures. They marked them down to $3 and change, LOL.

I couldn't resist picking up Tygra, an infamous figure in this line
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 8, 2012 at 10:23pm.

anyone pestering bandai or WB at comic con?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    anyone pestering bandai or WB at comic con?
    My guess is sadly everyone gave up on either company at this point
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Someone on the Thundercats board that is at SDCC asked Bandai about Thundercats, but the guy would only discuss Power Rangers.

If Bandai reveals nothing, the line is dead even if they won't admit it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Does anyone there even care about Power Rangers??? Isn't that a completely different crowd?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Does anyone there even care about Power Rangers??? Isn't that a completely different crowd?
    Some people here are into it. There was a thread started a little while back about the upcoming DVD releases for the original series, including the Time Life set that includes the first 7 seasons of the show, which several people preordered, myself included.

And I know there was a thread at one point for the MMPR actions figures that were out a couple of years ago when they were airing the "enhanced" versions of the original episodes in place of a new incarnation of the series.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

hmmm... I have to admit to being a little surprised to hear that :}

i never got into it.. always hated it for killing off turtle mania the first time around. amazing that show has lasted almost 20 years with fresh material..
    Geek Media -

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This....might be very bad news for Thundercats. It appears Bandai is re-using Lion-O for the Red Ranger...

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Really...? People are still holding out hope on Bandai with ThunderCats at this point? They wont announce anything till UK shipment 2 is done. After that they will confirm it. Its dead at bandai.

Im more concerned that WB hasnt said anything. The toys are one thing.... but the property!? The toon was getting really good ratings and has a strong fan base now.

As for that Red Ranger... looks like he's rockin mumm-ra's arm cuff too. Bandai always over paints their prototypes and delivers blank weapons. Sad.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

saw mezco mumm-ra at TRU today, thought that was online only. they also had a few classics and new figures out. picked up a delux mumm-ra
    Geek Media -

I was at a Target tonight, they marked the exclusive 4-pack down to $8. There were still 5 of them sitting there. How low can you go!?

I was at a Target tonight, they marked the exclusive 4-pack down to $8. There were still 5 of them sitting there. How low can you go!?
    I vote for $5
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Yeah, I would have grabbed one for that price

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Still not worth it to me. Snarf is only worth $1 to me, so that is all I am willing to pay for that set.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm not a big fan of the set, either. It's full of commons. To make matters worse, guys are missing weapons. Old mummy Mumm-ra doesn't have a whole lot going for him as it is without being stripped of his shield.

No news yet? C'mon Mattel announcing they have the license

If anyone knows what a Treasure Hunt is (bottom of the barrel retail...its like Big Lots drops of their unwanted stuff or there is a fire in a store LOL ). Thundercats lair was $12.00...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    i never got into it.. always hated it for killing off turtle mania the first time around. amazing that show has lasted almost 20 years with fresh material..
    Fresh material as in basically getting a new cast of youngsters and new villains yet the plot is the same. A bunch of youngsters clad in armor in different colors fly around in 'Zords' to stop megalomaniacal villains from destroying the planet and unleashing giant monsters to cause terror.

I liked it better the first time when it was called Voltron, Defender of the Universe, and had some entertainment merit.
    Last edited by Hordak Alpha; July 13, 2012 at 04:18am.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I liked it better the first time when it was called Voltron, Defender of the Universe, and had some entertainment merit.
    Technically Voltron only came first from the perspective of American Audiences. Super Sentai, which is the name in Japan for the series of shows that are adapted into Power Rangers here, has been going for over 35 years (starting in the mid 70s), predating Beast King GoLion and Armored Fleet Dairugger, the two japanese series that were adapted into Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron respectively, which were both made in the early 80s.

And while I fundamentally agree to being a bigger fan of Voltron than Power Rangers (Lion Voltron anyway), it's still not a fair comparison regardless of which came first since Voltron initially had a very finite lifespan and wasn't reinvented (at least not immediately) after the Lion and Vehicle versions both ended. We only had one or two failed attempts to bring Voltron back since then (i.e. Voltron the 3rd Dimension), and then there's the currently Voltron Force show which seems to be doing pretty well. I'm sure if Voltron had managed to consistently be on the air in some form or another for almost 20 years (the time that PR has been around in the US) or over 35 years (the time frame of the japanese counterpart), it would have gotten just as stale.

Not that I'm defending all of the incarnations of Power Rangers because there are many that I just don't care for, and you are fundamentally right in that with each new version, the plot is essentially the same. But my point is just that Voltron doesn't make for a very good basis for comparison for all of the reasons stated above.

Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 13, 2012 at 06:52am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Pixel-Dan has coverage up of the Thundercats minimates. Must own these....looks like they've already got slated: Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra, Wilykit, Wilykat, Jaga, Snarf, a Berbil, Mumm-Ra, Ssslythe, Jackalman, Monkian and Vultureman. Not bad to start with...basically the entire main cast!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Pixel-Dan has coverage up of the Thundercats minimates. Must own these....looks like they've already got slated: Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra, Wilykit, Wilykat, Jaga, Snarf, a Berbil, Mumm-Ra, Ssslythe, Jackalman, Monkian and Vultureman. Not bad to start with...basically the entire main cast!
    Yup I told people when they were revealed the upside to Mini-Mates is you will most likely get the entire line done regardless of if it sells well.

Diamond likes to do everything in 2pk and 4pks, so this line was at least guaranteed to go with 3 waves which would produce something like 12-20 figures. So if they don't do them all they should get out all of the "main" figures unlike Bandai

Also there is a very real chance at a scale Thundertank, Cat's Lair, Feliner if things do sell well just looking at Halo Mini-Mates