Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I've heard you mention this a few times recently. Do you have a physical store or an online one?
    Its an online one, I wanted to open a physical one for a long time but the economy make that such a risky venture. After 2008 it just too much of a risk and watching more and more business go out because they can't make the rent led me to finally move off eBay as a virtual store into my own store/virtual cart system.

Its neat in a way because I only carry stuff I am interested in, and am not forced to carry a wide variety of things that do not appeal to me in the hopes of attacking random strangers like I would in a normal store front setting.

If you are really bored and want to check it out you can find my posts in the marketplace that will lead you to it

Now that everyone has been put to sleep I now return you to the Thundercats toy thread
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its an online one, I wanted to open a physical one for a long time but the economy make that such a risky venture. After 2008 it just too much of a risk and watching more and more business go out because they can't make the rent led me to finally move off eBay as a virtual store into my own store/virtual cart system.

Its neat in a way because I only carry stuff I am interested in, and am not forced to carry a wide variety of things that do not appeal to me in the hopes of attacking random strangers like I would in a normal store front setting.

If you are really bored and want to check it out you can find my posts in the marketplace that will lead you to it

Now that everyone has been put to sleep I now return you to the Thundercats toy thread
    That's very cool. It's got to be great to not only have pride in having your own business, but with something you have passion for. I'd love to have a job like that.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I nabbed one of those ThunderCats MiniMates sets. It's nuts how those guys are more excite by the ThunderCats license than Bandai!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

TRU.com has put up the lousy buy one, get one half sale again. Really sucks that they won't put the buy one, get one free sale back on
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I nabbed one of those ThunderCats MiniMates sets. It's nuts how those guys are more excite by the ThunderCats license than Bandai!
    What is even more nuts if that Diamond could possibly outdo Bandai in terms of total released stuff, given what they have done for Halo they could easily do a series of Vehicles and even the Cat's Lair.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I'm not a big Mini-Mates fan, but I've been hit by unexpected excitement while looking at the Thundercats ones. What do they have out so far? Is it just the 5 pack and the ThunderTank & Cat's Lair statues(not officially Mini-Mates but they are in scale & made by Icon Heroes as well)?

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm not a big Mini-Mates fan, but I've been hit by unexpected excitement while looking at the Thundercats ones. What do they have out so far? Is it just the 5 pack and the ThunderTank & Cat's Lair statues(not officially Mini-Mates but they are in scale & made by Icon Heroes as well)?
    The 5 pack is the only thing released, the rest of the mini-mates were shown at SDCC. We probably won't see them in stores till Q1 of 2013 with a decent showing at NY Toy Fair in Feb. Maybe for Christmas since the 5 pack for SDCC showed up out of nowhere

As for environments, yeah the Cat's Lair and ThunderTank are the only things Icon Heroes has made outside the Lion-O and Mumm-Ra Stactions

It's pretty sad that this time last year it felt like Thundercats had a bright future and now I'm left getting excited for tiny block versions of them.

The 5 pack is the only thing released, the rest of the mini-mates were shown at SDCC. We probably won't see them in stores till Q1 of 2013 with a decent showing at NY Toy Fair in Feb. Maybe for Christmas since the 5 pack for SDCC showed up out of nowhere

As for environments, yeah the Cat's Lair and ThunderTank are the only things Icon Heroes has made outside the Lion-O and Mumm-Ra Stactions
    Thanks.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It's pretty sad that this time last year it felt like Thundercats had a bright future and now I'm left getting excited for tiny block versions of them.
    It definitely is a memorable issue, I don't think a big major revival toyline has ever died in less than a year. Its like Dummies 101 book on how NOT to run a toyline imho

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

"Mutants! Always those blasted Mutants!"

Mumm-Ra the Ever Living is coming.

• Icon Heroes approached DST to produce the Thundercats Minimates
    • Plan is to continue to do 4-packs of the characters
    • Next set (possibly next 2 sets) will be available at New York Comic-Con from AFX
    • No vehicles planned. But the Minimates are in scale with Icon Heroes Thundercats vehicle statues
    • Mumm-Ra The Ever Living Planned for Wave 4 (pic in link)

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Sweet 4 waves planned so far, can't wait

I am guessing since the SDCC set had Snarf, the NYCC one with have Berbil Bill or the Mutants with whatever the purple animal is

They really turned out well imho

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Am I the onlly one that does not care for Minimates? They are pretty much just Lego versions of cartoon characters.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You had to go and rain on their parade

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Am I the onlly one that does not care for Minimates? They are pretty much just Lego versions of cartoon characters.
    There are a lot of people who don't like Mini-Mates, I only like them if there is some effort put into them. Take the Battle Beast series, the one fully sculpted Ram is just bad ass but the Insect is just plain awful because its like a standard mini-mate with some wings and no real sculpting

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    You had to go and rain on their parade
    Sorry, but everyone is praising these things as if they are a full blown action figure line ala MOTUC and DCU.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well, the ThunderTank works with the Mini-Mates, but the Cat's Lair doesn't.

I am guessing since the SDCC set had Snarf, the NYCC one with have Berbil Bill or the Mutants with whatever the purple animal is
    Wave Four should be either Berbil Belle or Ma-Mutt.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I wish that a serious company gets the ThunderCats Classics license, it's really not fair to depend on Bandai.

Just because the NS failed in one way or another, they are scrapping the Classics thinking it's the same market. Lame.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Sorry, but everyone is praising these things as if they are a full blown action figure line ala MOTUC and DCU.

Yeah, not really my cup of tea either. They look ok, but I couldn't see myself buying them.

Considering the full blown action figure line has died a horrible death there is little to get excited about

The Thundercats minimates look really cool IMO!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; July 18, 2012 at 10:57am.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    I wish that a serious company gets the ThunderCats Classics license, it's really not fair to depend on Bandai.

Just because the NS failed in one way or another, they are scrapping the Classics thinking it's the same market. Lame.

Well, if they ever do make any additional figures, you can at least depend on Bandai to make them in like 4 different sizes

They'll probably end up putting out all the classics in different scales, LOOOL.

"8" Cheetara" Check.
    "6 Panthro" Check.
    "4 Jackalman" Check.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 18, 2012 at 10:42am.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    While I would much rather have a "full blown action figure line" based on the classic looks of the Thundercats, the mini-mates are still a welcome alternative considering that our other options right now appears to be nothing.

I wasn't really a fan of mini-mates for a long time, and I am selective about which collections of them I get into. But they have been pretty awesome for bringing us figures/toys that we might otherwise not be getting, and in some cases have never had before at all.

Being a huge Back to the Future fan, while I would prefer actual action figures, the mini-mates were still awesome to me to have some kind of toy/figure line of those characters. I also have enjoyed the Ghostbusters mini-mates, and with both the movie and animated figure lines, we have gotten some characters that we have not previously and may not otherwise get in figure form (i.e. the Boogieman from the Real Ghostbusters).

The fact that they are kind of like Lego people is actually kind of cool in some respects. For years now, starting with Star Wars, Lego has been putting out sets based on licensed properties, with some really cool results (even though I don't actually collect any of them). If someone were so inclined and creative enough, they could easily get some legos and probably build playsets and vehicles to go with the mini-mates based on these properties. I actually pulled out some of my old Legos from when i was a kid and made a pretty decent looking Ghostbusters firehouse to go with my mini-mates.

I can fully understand it not being for everyone, but I think it's pretty cool.

Hindsight being what it is, I never did buy this set, but wish I had gotten this one Lego set that was available on the lego website (I don't think it's available anymore, it came out just a few years ago). I passed on it because it was pretty pricey:

This would have been great to make the town square from Back to the Future. In fact, I found out about this when it was posted on bttf.com. I would probably want to change the look of the clocktower to better match the movie, but otherwise this would have been great!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Well, if they ever do make any additional figures, you can at least depend on Bandai to make them in like 4 different sizes

They'll probably end up putting out all the classics in different scales, LOOOL.

"8" Cheetara" Check.
    "6 Panthro" Check.
    "4 Jackalman" Check.
    Hahaha That's so true!
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Hahaha That's so true!
    Yeah, given enough waves you would eventually get the full team in a variety of scales. Only then would your collection be truly complete

Now would be a good time for somebody to post some images of 6" Mumm-ra getting his ass handed to him by 8" Lion-o

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'm not a big MiniMates fan, but I did pick up the ThunderCats set at SDCC. And I think the line looks pretty sweet. I'll probably collect these, just to get my ThunderCats fix.

No presences of the Bandai ThudnerCats at all this year. And ThunderCats was no where to be seen or heard from except for the MiniMates, Icon Heroes statues, and Mezco's Mumm-Ra exclusive. Quite sad.

Bandai only had a small Power Rangers display at SDCC (which was at the Namco booth, and nowhere near any of the other toy companies). I asked them if they knew anything about ThunderCats, but they were all Power Rangers guys and had no information.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: