Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

I have been told they will shift stuff around by employees from one location to another. There are also issues of stores being lazy about stocking stuff also.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It's probably been mentioned already, but people are finding the 6inch Tygra at Marshalls for $6.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Man, I wish we had these figures in Canada! Most of them are not in my area, at least. I would be so happy to find Classics Mumm-Ra and Lion-O for $4 each! My goodness! The figures I'm still in need of (besides the 2 Classics): 6 inch new-style Mumm-Ra, 4 inch Panthro (robotic arms), Lion-O with the stone in the gauntlet, the better paint job Tygra and Slithe. I would freak out to get them @ $4 each!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah, I have frequently checked the Marshall's near my house. But they haven't gotten anything in in many weeks. I don't expect any more, I think they are done. There is a small stream of product at Ross. They seem to get a couple of TC items every week or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Man, I wish we had these figures in Canada! Most of them are not in my area, at least. I would be so happy to find Classics Mumm-Ra and Lion-O for $4 each! My goodness! The figures I'm still in need of (besides the 2 Classics): 6 inch new-style Mumm-Ra, 4 inch Panthro (robotic arms), Lion-O with the stone in the gauntlet, the better paint job Tygra and Slithe. I would freak out to get them @ $4 each!
    6" Modern Mumm-ra is an easy find around here. I just picked up an extra at Ross last week. Wave 2 Lion-o, Tygra, and Panthro are now tough finds. Wave 1 clogged everything up. Most stores never got wave 2 in. Even Wave 2 Mumm-ra with small wings is now a tough find.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Ok so the tru I go to had a million 6inch lion-o. Today....weird. For $13.00 that was clearence price. So then I went o Kmart and found the mumra and lion-o 6 inch. But for $11. So I hid them. Untill they will be for nuthing I'll buy them.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I found a deluxe Mumm-ra at Ross. They are $4.99 there.

It would be nice if Ross got a bunch of deluxe figures, there could possibly be some Slithe's sprinkled in.

Heroic Warrior
    Saw all of the first deluxe wave at Ross for $4.99. They also had the Tower for $12.99
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Well, I picked up an extra Thundertank because I wanted to have a loose one. I also bought an extra set of thundercycles to open. (They are cheap at Ross, $5 each, LOL)

I'm beginning to understand why there is so little demand for the racers. They don't fit the tank. They are too big and too heavy. There are a lot of issues trying to use them. Even for a simple display purpose, it doesn't work.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Well, I picked up an extra Thundertank because I wanted to have a loose one. I also bought an extra set of thundercycles to open. (They are cheap at Ross, $5 each, LOL)

I'm beginning to understand why there is so little demand for the racers. They don't fit the tank. They are too big and too heavy. There are a lot of issues trying to use them. Even for a simple display purpose, it doesn't work.
    My local Ross hasnt gotten any TC toys
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

They fit the tank fine, they just fall off because they are so heavy

That tank is a hot mess, Bandai must have never tried QC on it because with a few design changes it would have been a much better toy. You can have something barely snap or slide into place when its weight is so much greater than the quality of the connecter

I remember putting it together and thinking this looks bad ass, then picking it up or trying to move it and the entire thing feel apart and this being my reaction

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They fit the tank fine, they just fall off because they are so heavy

That tank is a hot mess, Bandai must have never tried QC on it because with a few design changes it would have been a much better toy. You can have something barely snap or slide into place when its weight is so much greater than the quality of the connecter

I remember putting it together and thinking this looks bad ass, then picking it up or trying to move it and the entire thing feel apart and this being my reaction

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...ng-she-mad.gif

Yeah, I could not pick the tank up with them on. The whole thing would just fall to pieces. Also, you have to keep the claws up in the air unless you readjust them. They don't go all the way down.

I think the tank is a great display piece. The cycles are good display pieces also when you put the standard figures in them.

But trying to combine the two just doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    My local Ross hasnt gotten any TC toys

I have 3 Ross near me. They all get stuff in. Yesterday I grabbed a 6" modern Lion-o and the 2 thundercycles. I passed on a lizard cannon. Even though he was only $5.50 I have like 3 of them LOL.

Mostly they get the basic vehicles, deluxe figures, and a random 6" figure. Occasionally, something odd shows up like the mini-figures 6-pack, or 4" figures.

It's quite maddening trying to figure out where these are coming from. They only get a few at a time. I do hope they keep getting them for a while cause I'm starting to open some stuff.

Yeah I am not sure who Ross's partner is. They could be Walmart or Target stock, or straight from Bandai because the other chains refused to receive the stock.

Ross, TJ Maxx, Big Lots all get product from the same returned Distribution Chain. Its hilarious though when the old price stickers are still attached. I went into TJ Maxx two months ago and found a bunch of things clearly marked for sale at Toys R Us
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Which stores carried the mini-figures? Was that a TRU exclusive? It seems unlikely that they are getting their stuff from Walmart because Walmart was really slow in clearing out their stuff. And Target was clearing out their own stuff. I'm thinking it is coming from Bandai.

I'm still wondering where ROSS is getting their TRON Legacy stuff from. I collect that line also. I am still finding deluxe figures, light cycles, the light runner, one man light jets, etc.

I just grabbed a 4" tygra and opened him up. They definitely look pretty cool sitting in their little racers.

Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 19, 2012 at 01:22pm.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    For what it's worth, my local; Walmart has the Thundertank down to $2 (all sold out of course) and the Lair for $15 (odd that it didn't drop any lower)

now for 2 bucks that might be a buy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Wow! That would be the steal of the year. They are still $24 at my walmart. There's no telling how many I would buy at that price

I've heard reports of thundercats stuff disappearing from walmarts without a trace. And I've seen this phenomenon with my own eyes at a walmart about a half an hour away. Their stuff just vanished. Presumably, it will resurface at a Big Lots or a TJ Maxx.

Wow! That would be the steal of the year. They are still $24 at my walmart. There's no telling how many I would buy at that price

I've heard reports of thundercats stuff disappearing from walmarts without a trace. And I've seen this phenomenon with my own eyes at a walmart about a half an hour away. Their stuff just vanished. Presumably, it will resurface at a Big Lots or a TJ Maxx.
    Yeah by now its all being packed up and sent back to distribution to then be sent on to the 3rd parties. Hopefully that will mean more people will find the Storm Charger and Tygra 6" since we know Walmart has them in the main warehouses but just never got them sent out due to the fact nothing moved from earlier waves

What I find strange is how places like Ross and Marshall's seem to get scattered items. Instead of getting a bunch of 6" figures, they get one Lion-o, LOL. Then they'll get a deluxe Mumm-ra and no Lion-o and or Tygra.

I'm picturing a huge pile of TC toys and some guys just randomly grabbing toys and sending them out in any box that they can fit in

I feel so bad for Canadian Thundercats fans. the line apparently got a mistaken release at TRU here, they sold fast the first few times, but since it wasn't supposed to come out they didn't order newer waves so now they are stuck with the first wave of figures that the collectors all have and nothign else came out and nothing else will be coming out, at TRU or any other store. it's sad. for the record for $2 I'd buy the thundertank for sure!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    A similar thing happened to me when I was trying to buy a bluray of Star Trek. Some Walmart's had dropped the price down to $5 and were selling out of them fast. What I did was buy the bluray for full price at the one Walmart that didn't reduce the price, take it to the reduced price Walmart location, returned it to them and then immediately rebuy it for the low price their location stickered it at.

If this sounds confusing to anyone, what's going on is that I'm doing the leg work to make sure one location gets the stock of another location. All Walmart stores respect receipts from other locations. Even if I buy from a higher priced location, I can still return that high priced item to a store that sells it for less for the original price I paid (what store has ever denied the return of an item just because it came from another location?). Once that item is returned, it increases the stock of that store and you can now buy it back from them for their price.

What I find strange is how places like Ross and Marshall's seem to get scattered items. Instead of getting a bunch of 6" figures, they get one Lion-o, LOL. Then they'll get a deluxe Mumm-ra and no Lion-o and or Tygra.

I'm picturing a huge pile of TC toys and some guys just randomly grabbing toys and sending them out in any box that they can fit in
    Well it all goes to a central warehouse but yeah in the case of Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx that is exactly what happens. If you are ever there when the stock comes onto the floor look at the shipping boxes, sometimes its hilarious to see how they just threw a ton of crap in there with no regard for what it was outside of "TOYS"

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I feel so bad for Canadian Thundercats fans. the line apparently got a mistaken release at TRU here, they sold fast the first few times, but since it wasn't supposed to come out they didn't order newer waves so now they are stuck with the first wave of figures that the collectors all have and nothign else came out and nothing else will be coming out, at TRU or any other store. it's sad. for the record for $2 I'd buy the thundertank for sure!!
    Whatever happened to the so-called European release. The Slithe population isn't exactly booming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    A similar thing happened to me when I was trying to buy a bluray of Star Trek. Some Walmart's had dropped the price down to $5 and were selling out of them fast. What I did was buy the bluray for full price at the one Walmart that didn't reduce the price, take it to the reduced price Walmart location, returned it to them and then immediately rebuy it for the low price their location stickered it at.

If this sounds confusing to anyone, what's going on is that I'm doing the leg work to make sure one location gets the stock of another location. All Walmart stores respect receipts from other locations. Even if I buy from a higher priced location, I can still return that high priced item to a store that sells it for less for the original price I paid (what store has ever denied the return of an item just because it came from another location?). Once that item is returned, it increases the stock of that store and you can now buy it back from them for their price.

That's quick thinking. The other person could do that with the thundertanks and get them for the $2 after all

Whatever happened to the so-called European release. The Slithe population isn't exactly booming

- - - Updated - - -

That's quick thinking. The other person could do that with the thundertanks and get them for the $2 after all
    yeah I guess all the Tcats fans got screwed, but non-US ones got it the worst.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well it all goes to a central warehouse but yeah in the case of Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx that is exactly what happens. If you are ever there when the stock comes onto the floor look at the shipping boxes, sometimes its hilarious to see how they just threw a ton of crap in there with no regard for what it was outside of "TOYS"

I actually found the mini figure 6-pack at one Ross. That's the only one I've found. It's pretty wild how random the selection is. People have reported finding deluxe Panthro's, but it's just luck of the draw if your Ross actually gets one or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which, here is the deluxe Panthro. Really nicely sculpted figure. His hands are even bigger than the standard 4" figure's hands. They also changed the packaging to more of a traditional blister card.

And if anyone is on the fence about the thundercylces, don't be. They make great display pieces.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    For what it's worth, my local; Walmart has the Thundertank down to $2 (all sold out of course) and the Lair for $15 (odd that it didn't drop any lower)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...822_122447.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...822_122511.jpg
    WOW Walmart took a bath on those when you factor the wholesale and shipping costs
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/