Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Wow this is 2002 masters of the universe all over again
    Tv show toys and all . I hate to see it again I thought thundercats would have learned something from Masters

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    This still breaks my heart.

We were off to such a hot as hell start..... it was like the toys were selling out like crazy then they screwed up the ratios and kept pumping them out like that, and while stores had issues with peg warming.... WB kept putting these long as hell hiatus' on the show and then had no idea what to do with it and forgot it even existed.

Anyone who thinks there is still hope for the line and the show is gunna be sorely let down. Especially after the cryptic messages Dan Norton wrote in one of his drawings called "Final-O".

The new show was beautiful. There was ALOT of filler, and stupid decisions made in it yes, but it was light years better than any cartoon on TV currently IMO. Just when things were starting to even out it falls over night, much like Thundera. The new series as a show and merchandise didnt even last a year.... and its a shame.

The plus side is Mezco and Diamond are still keeping the plate warm with some beautiful statues and minimates, even if they arent your cup of tea, they are keeping the light on. The original series still has ALOT of life left in it, and prehaps WB should turn that back on. Maybe pick up where that left off with the RIGHT team this time.

Its doubtful WB will tap back into creating anything again for the Cats any time soon though, and a movie seems like a pipedream :/ It took over 20+ years for them to come back, hope it wont be as long next time.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    The filler would have been fine had the show been allowed to complete its story.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    It would be nice if they could awesome statues based on the new show's character designs.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Wow this is 2002 masters of the universe all over again
    Tv show toys and all . I hate to see it again I thought thundercats would have learned something from Masters
    You aren't kidding! ThunderCats has their own 20XX...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    It would be nice if they could awesome statues based on the new show's character designs.
    6"-7" stactions would rock. The Horsemen and Icon Heroes should do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You aren't kidding! ThunderCats has their own 20XX...
    Maybe, but at least the toys were better. No ridiculous variants
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Uh... Lion-O disagrees.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I think they are better. The articulation is way better & better vehicles. 200X has the edge with beasts, but then bandai didn't produce any beasts so that isn't saying much.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I would agree that Articulation-wise, ThunderCats is better, but sculpt-wise, I have to give the nod to 200X.

While Bandai was a little wiser with the variants and made them show-based, they did crank out an all Gold Lion-O instead of Leo.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Since Power Morphicon was just going on I have been on a PR Samurai kick and treated myself to some toys this weekend

The reason I am posting that here is because these were all made by Bandai, but the contrast with Thundercats is mind boggling. Yes they still have issues all Bandai products have (lack of paint on weapons, etc) but my god is there more love and thought put into this.

Power Rangers even got a Power Morphicon exclusive 2 pack which came with 2 very nice looking figures and a book that detailed the creation of the PR Samurai line (Zord designs, prototypes pics, unreleased items, etc)

Thundercats was done by the exact same company but got nothing like that despite being at SDCC (where there was a 8" exclusive and a Mezco exclusive).

I was at TRU yesterday and Ben 10 has a similar treatment to PR. Now I think in modern times Thundercats is not the same cash cow PR and Ben 10 are, but it just seems ridiculous in hindsight that Bandai released such a poor line of toys in comparison. But who is at fault, Bandai? Warner Bros?

The art direction was fantastic and with as much product as they pump out for PR and Ben 10, why was there only 1 Claudus per wave and 10 Lion-O and Mumm-Ra? The Thundertank designs was god awful and could not stay together, and the Tower of Omens was lolworthy bad

Its just weird to look in depth at the contrast in toy lines
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I would agree that Articulation-wise, ThunderCats is better, but sculpt-wise, I have to give the nod to 200X.

While Bandai was a little wiser with the variants and made them show-based, they did crank out an all Gold Lion-O instead of Leo.

I still maintain that that is not a gold Lion-o. They just forgot to paint him The Armor of Omens is actually the only item I passed on other than the role play toys. Too big, too costly, too poorly done.

I will say that I would take Grayskull any day over the tower of omens

I still maintain that that is not a gold Lion-o. They just forgot to paint him The Armor of Omens is actually the only item I passed on other than the role play toys. Too big, too costly, too poorly done.

I will say that I would take Grayskull any day over the tower of omens
    The Armor of Omens is neat, but for that price it really needed to have Leo along with Gold Lion-O. The fact they just stuck a basic Lion-O figure was just icing on the crap cake

Not to mention they did not release the Mumm-Ra version, if they had released the Huge Powered Up Mumm-Ra I think more people might have bought them to display against each other.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Armor of Omens is neat, but for that price it really needed to have Leo along with Gold Lion-O. The fact they just stuck a basic Lion-O figure was just icing on the crap cake

Not to mention they did not release the Mumm-Ra version, if they had released the Huge Powered Up Mumm-Ra I think more people might have bought them to display against each other.

I don't think it was neat at all. He only wore that for a minute or two in that episode. Wasn't something that deserved a toy.

It's basically a glorified vehicle (substituting unarticulated arms for tires). Their failure to decorate the sword of Omens was embarrassing. Worst item in the line, hands down.

As you said, it didn't make sense to release that and not Mumm-ra's suit also, but perhaps they planned to do Mumm-ra's suit in a later wave?

I don't think it was neat at all. He only wore that for a minute or two in that episode. Wasn't something that deserved a toy.

It's basically a glorified vehicle (substituting unarticulated arms for tires). Their failure to decorate the sword of Omens was embarrassing. Worst item in the line, hands down.

As you said, it didn't make sense to release that and not Mumm-ra's suit also, but perhaps they planned to do Mumm-ra's suit in a later wave?
    I would almost guarantee it but that just shows how poorly planned it was. Also I disagree about it deserving a toy, we have toys in other lines that do not even exist in shows for more than 1 episode and these armors are central to what happens when they are fully powered. Of course we never really got a chance to see it again because the show did not reach that point.

Tower of Omens remains the worst item in the line, the Cats Lair inspired car is just a knock to fans who wanted an actual Cat's Lair and the lack of paint job as well as overall cheapness is borderline offensive

The Armor actually represented something from the cartoon, there is no possible way you can argue the Tower of Omens in any way represented its cartoon counterpart

Worst of all was the Tower was the most expensive item in the line, compare to this other Bandai things from lines past (Teen Titans) and current lines (PR and Ben 10) or comparable "playsets" from other companies and its just a horrible joke at $29-40

The real tragedy of the armor of omens is that that is something that Bandai should have excelled in that area. People have noted that is very power ranger-ish in nature, yet they still managed to botch it.

I think it would have sold if they had done it right. It needed good articulation in the arms and minimal articulation in the legs. The sword needed to be decorated. The gold Lion-o doesn't really matter all that much because you can just plug him in there and leave him in there.

The tower is pretty terrible, but I just don't see why anyone would be expecting great things out of it. It doesn't even look like much on the box

By contrast, I first picked up the armor of omens thinking it was a neat toy, Then I returned it when I realized how bad the articulation was, heh.

Bandai is obviously not known for doing large playsets. They were trying something new, so I can kind of excuse a screw-up on that. I mean, improve the durability and sturdiness of it, and you've still got an un-inspired playset. So the whole foray was basically a disaster. But they should have aced the armor.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 26, 2012 at 04:18pm.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I remember reading that if the Armor was a big hit, Mumm-ra's was to follow later in the year.

The 4 inch figures had ALOT of fun value. The 6 inch figures were pretty much perfect IMO.

Fore "Classics", the 8 inch was off to a great start, Tygras chest was a bit weird,but whatever. Fan's cried and cried, so we ended up with a 6 inch line. The 6 inch line (minus screaming Lion-O's head) was pretty much the definitive size and sculpt to the original toon. The 8 inchers were perfect, but the 6 inch was a plus because you could use your old LJN lair and stuff with them.

There were other figs planned and sculpted, but guess that will never come to light. Its best to stick with the LJN stuff I guess, but Panthro is still ultra squatty lol.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I remember reading that if the Armor was a big hit, Mumm-ra's was to follow later in the year.
    It was a big hit, to retailers

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    There were other figs planned and sculpted, but guess that will never come to light. Its best to stick with the LJN stuff I guess, but Panthro is still ultra squatty lol.

I wish I could, but I don't have any

I don't think the LJN's are as great as a lot of people do. I had a few of them back in the day, but I didn't care for them. They were too big and didn't really fit in well with my other figures. I rarely played with them.

Bandai did it to themselves changing the Classics mid wave and having too many skus with no consistency.

They really nailed it with the Tygra 6" though and I think the 4" Claudus was well done but 1 per case of 12 was just ridiculous and shortsighted.

Especially since he was basically the only "new" character in the revised wave with the other "new" ones being variants of already released figures

Well, Thundercats toys have finally hit Australia. Nothing beats being late to the party.

6 inch figures and deluxe 4 inch figures are $25

$25 for MOTUC or $25 for Lion-O? I wonder which figure is better value for money?

*Sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Well, Thundercats toys have finally hit Australia. Nothing beats being late to the party.

6 inch figures and deluxe 4 inch figures are $25
    I just.......there are no words WOW

I'm worried that the Ross pipeline may have dried up. I went to 4 different Ross stores over the course of the past week and couldn't find any TC toys at any of them.

I do have them all already, but I'd like to get more to open them up. I really hope they keep coming.

Yikes! I know that's part of the reason Bandai has been so hush-hush, so that people in other markets won't think the line is done before it starts...
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yikes! I know that's part of the reason Bandai has been so hush-hush, so that people in other markets won't think the line is done before it starts...
    Bandai has no idea that the internet exists? I'm not knocking what you're saying, just the mentality behind bandai.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Bandai has no idea that the internet exists? I'm not knocking what you're saying, just the mentality behind bandai.

what is this internet you speak of?

I think a lot of people and businesses for that matter know the internet exists just tend to forget the global reach of it. Not like Australian's and many of these other 'secondary nations' don't primarily speak English...
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it