Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    You sound like the chairman of Thundercats Anonymous. But, like Sylvester when he joined bird-eaters anonymous, you will eventually crack
    No, I already have enough of the figures. The only thing I was going to buy was the 6inch Tygra, but I have no reason to anymore and I'm not going out of my way to find him. In fact, I may just sell off all of the toys I did buy because I have no use for an incomplete team.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    No, I already have enough of the figures. The only thing I was going to buy was the 6inch Tygra, but I have no reason to anymore and I'm not going out of my way to find him. In fact, I may just sell off all of the toys I did buy because I have no use for an incomplete team.
    You should hold off selling them, as is the history of toys people don't want what they can readily find but once its no longer available they pay ridiculous for the privilege to own
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Not only that, but I've got stuff on Ebay right now, and they aren't exactly attracting big crowds. Sales have been tough, even for the rarer items. The prices some of these are fetching right now in auctions has been astonishingly low.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I thought about it but then thought god I absolutely hate how the Thundertank falls apart. The sad thing is the stores still cannot move them at $8 so its like a part of me wants to see HOW low the price will go
    Which Walmart in town had them for that? So it would probably fall apart pretty easily for a 4 year old I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Which Walmart in town had them for that? So it would probably fall apart pretty easily for a 4 year old I take it?
    It was either Southridge or Altoona

Yeah its not an issue of playing too hard with it, the sides are poorly designed and do not hinge together or anything. You connect them and lift the thing up and the sides just fall off
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    I can probably live without the thundertank, I just want to get Snarf to complete my team roster. I just have a hard time spending $21 for the thundertank when all I want is Snarf. I'd try and see if any collectors had a spare Snarf they'd be willing to sell online but I honestly KNOW they'll charge an insane price for him. That and I don't trust buying from online sources that aren't a reputable business. The reason why I never bought anything from Amazon. The stuff I wanted was basically just being sold by clandestine members of the site right out of their own basement and I'm not giving my credit card number to someone like that. That would just be stupidity times ten.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior
    It would have made more sense to have snarf come with Lion-o and maybe Wily Kit and Kat together as a set as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    It would have made more sense to have snarf come with Lion-o and maybe Wily Kit and Kat together as a set as well.
    Not to mention the fact the Snarf that does come with the Thundertank is scaled for the 6-8" Classic line and not the 4" line

You should hold off selling them, as is the history of toys people don't want what they can readily find but once its no longer available they pay ridiculous for the privilege to own
    Yeah, but I'm moving at the end of the year, so the less unneccessary baggage I have to deal with, the better.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; September 7, 2012 at 10:58am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post

It would've made total sense and the price wouldn't have had to be adjusted either. Now, it'll never be....................of course unless the TCats line continues in Europe that'll probably happen. If the line is dead, I'd rather it be dead everywhere since there is almost nothing I hate more than a toyline continuing to make new figures after availability in the U.S. never happens again. That happened with MOTU of 200x and it still makes me a little bit angry.

And, even with the classics, Snarf should've come with the 6'' original Lion-O just like in the 80's line.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I can probably live without the thundertank, I just want to get Snarf to complete my team roster. I just have a hard time spending $21 for the thundertank when all I want is Snarf.
    There is a Target boxset with Lion-o, Tygra, Mumm-ra, and Snarf that I've seen on clearance for $8. Moght keep on eye out for that as another way to get Snarf.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    There is a Target boxset with Lion-o, Tygra, Mumm-ra, and Snarf that I've seen on clearance for $8. Moght keep on eye out for that as another way to get Snarf.
    Yeah those are virtually non-existent anymore here, it is funny to see them because it points out the obvious that he was not meant for that scale. At his size in that pack Kit and Kat could ride him

We should start a poll for which figure in that pack has less articulation, snarf or mummy mumm-ra

My walmart finally marked the Thundertank down to 14 the other day. I wouldn't mind having the snarf either, the QC issues I have heard with the tank make it a potshot to do anything with though.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

What is it with some members of this board and the rush to sell ALL of their figure collection as soon as the line ends? Seriously, why is that? They spend a ton of money getting the figures to amass a collection and then, just because there aren't any new ones ever again, they have to sell them?

I'm certainly glad the collectors of the old MEGO action figures aren't so quick to get rid of their 60's figures.

I'm one of those collectors who buys the figures for the sake of having them. I could care less when the line ends, I just like the thought of possessing the figures I wanted and still having them in decent shape for years to come.

The same with Thundercats. Thus far, all I bought was the primary team of 4" figures, the 4" Mumm-Ra and the 6" classics Lion-O and I plan on keeping them to the point that after I'm dead it'll be up to my descendants on what to do with the collections I've got.

As for my local Wal-Marts stock of Thundertanks, they're going to have to make the price lower than $21 to make them move. They didn't really move much when the things were newly stocked last summer and I wouldn't at all be surprised if what is on the clearance rack was exactly the case of tanks they got in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    My walmart finally marked the Thundertank down to 14 the other day. I wouldn't mind having the snarf either, the QC issues I have heard with the tank make it a potshot to do anything with though.
    Target stores were supposed to have that exclusive set of TCats with the 4" Lion-O, Tygra, Mumm-Ra(I think) AND Snarf. But, of course my local Target cannot sell toys to save their manager's soul so they couldn't even bother to order ANY TCats ever.

The local Target STILL has DC Universe Classics figures from like two years ago along with a bunch of old Young Justice figures that haven't moved an inch from those pegs.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    What is it with some members of this board and the rush to sell ALL of their figure collection as soon as the line ends? Seriously, why is that? They spend a ton of money getting the figures to amass a collection and then, just because there aren't any new ones ever again, they have to sell them.
    1. I will never have completed teams.
    2. I thought the figures were okay to begin with, but supported the line because I am a Thundercats fan.
    3. I am declutterizing my collection. If you have not noticed, I have been selling off A LOT over the last few months. That goes anywhere from MOTUC to GI Joe, Transformers, various video game figures, and the like. I have even been recycling my video game magazines, anime magazines, trying to sell books to various websites that buy books (but one of the shipments was returned to me, another was lost in the mail), selling movies and tv shows I will not watch every 1-2 years, and tossing out a vast amount of posters.

With Thundercats dead, it is pretty much just another pile of crap I have cluttering my collection.

2. I thought the figures were okay to begin with, but supported the line because I am a Thundercats fan.
    3. I am declutterizing my collection. If you have not noticed, I have been selling off A LOT over the last few months. That goes anywhere from MOTUC to GI Joe, Transformers, various video game figures, and the like. I have even been recycling my video game magazines, anime magazines, trying to sell books to various websites that buy books (but one of the shipments was returned to me, another was lost in the mail), selling movies and tv shows I will not watch every 1-2 years, and tossing out a vast amount of posters.

With Thundercats dead, it is pretty much just another pile of crap I have cluttering my collection.
    I know it's all personal perspective, but #2 and #3 make more sense to me than #1.

If MOTUC ended today I'd still keep my figures for now as I love them. I'd only sell them if I sorely need the money. (that's the only reason that I sold some of my 200x statues, figures and stactions)

No matter how much I love a property though, if the toys or merchandise isn't up to my aesthetic standards, I{ don't support it either, but I get the mentality of those who support it out of fandom. EG I think Spector and Cy-Chop are AWFUL, I will NOT buy them for any reason outside of a child specifically asking for them. I don't care what brand they are sold under, they look like crap to me.

I'm not a thundercats fan but if the sculpts on the new show;'s toys were better I probably would have bought some as I liked the show quite a bit despite the flaws that I saw.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I don't think he is specifically pointing at you. If you looked the market place when the rumors started people were starting to sell off their figures because the line wasn't complete, and it isn't just Thundercats this has happened with. Many people did the same with 200x MOTU years ago, I have seen people do it because the line ended and there was still one character who was never released so they sold off the entire 'incomplete' collection.

It's similar to how some don't like next year's MOTUC line up so they are getting out but not just getting but selling off everything they got. I understand extras, and figures you got only through the sub, but the entire collection is a bit baffling. Which I hadn't said anything because I am looking for some of the figures right now.

I also understand need the money issues, moving and the growing up wanting a 'more minimalistic' collection.

but back to their statement, there are a lot of people who once a line ends sell it off with a selling off entire collection now the line has ended. They then move to another property get everything or everything they can then sell it off once that line ends. Or the show related to it is over and they want to get rid of it.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It makes sense from a logic standpoint. If you're main reason for buying something is to support the line, then there's no reason to keep it once the line ends. Someone may buy Spector or Cychop (whoever that is) just to support mattel, but there's no reason for them to keep either of those figures once the line is done.

So, you can expect to see increased activity for those in the marketplace once the line is done.

It makes sense from a logic standpoint. If you're main reason for buying something is to support the line, then there's no reason to keep it once the line ends. Someone may buy Spector or Cychop (whoever that is) just to support mattel, but there's no reason for them to keep either of those figures once the line is done.

So, you can expect to see increased activity for those in the marketplace once the line is done.
    what I don't get is supporting a line but not really being a fan of the figures, why support it if you don't really want it?

Like I said I didn't like the thundercats figures but I liked the toon, so I didn't buy them because I didn't want them. I buy VERY select transformers because I think they look good and I want to keep them not to support the line.

Same with TMNT I LOVE the new look figures for the turtles, but the rest I dislike so I won't be buying them. The foot soldier sin't bad but I am not interested in foot without their master.
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 10, 2012 at 01:48pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Yeah, it's kind of a mystery to me as well. I buy them only if I want them, or if I think they might be a good investment for a later sale.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

EG I think Spector and Cy-Chop are AWFUL, I will NOT buy them for any reason outside of a child specifically asking for them. I don't care what brand they are sold under, they look like crap to me.
    AW GAWD, are those some of those awful, weirdo character figures that have been inserted into the MOTUC line?! UGH!

Okay, fan fiction characters are great if done right, but some like a lot of those bizarro figures I've seen look totally, totally AWFUL! Let's just say they make Photog look more appealing to me than them, and I hate Photog.

I'm probably going to make some people mad here, but Castle Grayskullman is the worst fan character I've ever seen! SERIOUSLY! It's like the people who made him up had a free afternoon to kill some time.

I don't collect MOTUC, but I honestly think the line needs to stick to the canon characters and the decently made fan characters and throw out the idea of making the wacko ones! UGH!
    (Hordak Alpha))

Stuff like that I would expect and understand. It's more the selling off the whole collection types.

The best more recent example I can think of was DC Universe Classics. When the line was faltering last year and they came out saying they were moving the rest of the line to online, many people started selling off their collections not portions of it but their whole collection. Saying they never got XXXX character and/or they were going to buy stuff online and/or simply the line is over they weren't going to collect it anymore.

The first I kind of understand, buy stuff to support the line. The others only make sense in the they like to hunt stuff, and/or they like to try to make some money off it after. The problem with the second is it typically takes a few years for figures to be profitable. I even understand stopping your collection, but selling it off just seems odd to me.

I do understand Dr. Kain's situation, when he mentioned moving I found it an acceptable reason for getting rid of the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by hordak alpha View Post
    i'm probably going to make some people mad here, but castle grayskullman is the worst fan character i've ever seen! Seriously! It's like the people who made him up had a free afternoon to kill some time.

who !?!?!?

Castle-Grayskullman-4_1342540821.jpg

unless you meant what fans as the who.