View Poll Results: How do you like Preternia Disguise He-Man after seeing Pixel Dan's review?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked it before, and still like it now I've seen the review

59 56.19%
  • I liked it before, but aren't keen now

0 0%
  • I didn't like it before, and still don't like it now I've seen the review

30 28.57%
  • I didn't like it before, but have been won over

6 5.71%
  • other (please state in thread)

10 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now you've seen Pixel Dan's review of Preternia Disguise He-Man, what do you think

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Now you've seen Pixel Dan's review of Preternia Disguise He-Man, what do you think

Now that Dan's (always good) review of the 2011 sub exclusive figure, Preternia Desguise He-Man, is up (see it here), how do you feel about it?

Did you initially not care when you heard about it but have been won over?
    Or do you find it a pointless variant?

I'm asking because 99% of the thread seems to be in love with the guy (PD He-Man, not Dan! ), but I find him such a dull variant, that - among other things - is giving me shudders that we might be heading the 200x way of countless pointless variants.

The Cosmic Key is the only decent thing about it, but that doesn't make it a good figure.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Spacedust; January 26, 2011 at 03:59pm.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

i voted "I didn't like it before, and still don't like it now I've seen the review", but it's more "this is an ok fig, but not sub exclusive worthy, and after dan's awesome review...i still don't care".

I thought P.D. He-Man was the bonus accessory to the Cosmic Key Figure?
    I don't Blame 4H it's just a bland chatacter design.Not more you can do with it.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I picked I liked it before, and still like it now I've seen the review. I can understand someone not liking this toy, but I have to disagree. I'm just going to repeat what I said in Pixel Dan's PDH review thread...

I shouldn't want this one as much as I do since it's full of so many odd details:

1) Preternia makes about as much sense as Prearth but I still love that MOTU's prehistoric-like era has such a cool looking name. Prehistoric, that is, if our dinosaurs were cyborgs armed with guns.

2) He-Man looks like the cross between a monk and a superhero but it works for me. I feel bad for the people who already thought Prince Adam turning into He-Man was too superhero-like for a franchise steeped heavily in sword & sorcery fantasy. Now he's even got a mask.

3) Even though other MOTU characters have guns, He-Man using one seems odd. Considering that gun is usually carried by a triceratops looking dinosaur makes it seem even odder. I'm still happy the toy is coming with it though.

4) This He-Man from a late-in-the-line mini-comic comes with a time traveling device that previously was used in a live action movie by an Orko replacement. I still agree with Dan that this is one of the best weapons to have come with any MOTUC character so far.

5) The Sorceress is extremely powerful and, besides the fact that He-Man shouldn't need to hide his appearance while going into the past(it's not like there are photogaphs hanging around that will give away his identity), shouldn't she be able to disguise his face with magic? I still dig the old school superhero mask.

Like I said, I should have problems with this toy but it all works for me for some reason.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 26, 2011 at 04:48pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I liked it before, and still like it now I've seen the review

Its been a figure I have wanted for years, cannot really explain it but it just gels for me 100%. The Cosmic Key is the best accessory to date imho

My wife would probably vote I didn't like it before, and still don't like it now I've seen the review
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Preternia Disguise He-Man is by no means a pointless variant.
    It's a classic design from the MOTU mini-comics from the 80's.
    I'm thrilled we're finally getting a figure of him
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat as Shokoti and markatisu. Liked and still like.

It's interesting though... So far, it's pretty much 50/50 for those that like it and hate it. I guess he's one of those things people either love or hate. No middle ground there.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I put other as I dont really like or dislike it. I just dont care much. Its a nice toy but I think he will go straight in storage once I get him. Im not interested in more than one toy of each character in my display.

Liked and still like, can't wait to put him in the new display I'm setting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

I LOVED it before, but like it somewhat less now that I know it's yet another figure with issues of sitting on mounts. The Cosmic Key and extra Blaster rifle really push this one up in my book.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted other because I think P D He man is o.k but I think he wood have liked better with out the skirt (if he had the normal pants)

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I selected "Other"

I wasn't geeked before and after seeing the (wonderful as always) review, I'm still basically 50/50 on the figure but I FREAKING LOVE the Cosmic Key....

Heroic Warrior
    I think some one like Eldor would have been a better sub exclusive

Widget
    I just want the cosmic key for now

I love the character concept and design...

However, I'm with Mr Shokoti, in that some aspects of "Preternia" seem really silly to me, especially the whole dinosaur bit. That I can do without.

The cosmic key is okay, I just don't see what the big hooplah is about it. It's just one more accessory.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Ugh.. this one definitely doesn't appeal to me.. I'd rather have Wun-Dar =D

I liked it and still like it is what I voted for.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I was confused when i saw him the first time ... but then i´ve read the appendant minicomic to create my picture of him.
    I have a heart for obscure characters and PD review was just the cherry ....

love the figure! ...

preternia rules! ... it's a MOTU era that really really interests me ... more so than NA/200x era's ...

plus - the cosmic key!!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I'm a bit indifferent so chose Other.

The variant doesn't excite me to be honest- although it does please me that Mattel are giving such attention to detail because it's that that makes fans go wild.

I would love to see He-Man disguised as a Horde Trooper from SOTS- and Preternia He-Man gives me an element of hope.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Loved it before. Love it still now!

Even in his li'l skirt. lol

Finally I've found that I belong here.

I thought it was cool before, now I know it is!

I am a big fan of variants, though. I will happily welcome any He-variant: Jungle Attack, Thunder Punch, Flying Fists, Ice Armor, Slime Pit, Legacy Stone/Samurai, Martial Arts...all the Skeletor, Hordak, She-Ra, and Catra versions as well. Spaced out would be best, of course, but I love them!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I really like preternia he-man. i'm so glad I got a sub this year.
    a little disappointed another figure without a sword holster. that means i must make one out of those transparent rubber bands like I did for Adam, teela & others.

I neither like it nor dislike it.

If I had bought the sub, I would be fine with it, though i feel no love for it.

I doubt I'll break my back to get one now that I am not going to get one.

The review was great. The figure is pretty cool, I guess. But the only thing I want is that Cosmic Key.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I like that it comes with a Cosmic Key, but if they were going to do a hooded human figure I would much rather have had Eldor or a random villager.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!