Thread: Bulletstorm buzz?

Master of New Adventures!

Bulletstorm buzz?

Hey guys,

All I've seen is the commercial, but Bulletstorm looks pretty cool to me. My Alex is 11 years-old-going-on-nineteen . He's into Halo 3, Halo Reach, Call of Duty, etc., so the violence level isn't a problem.

Have you guys heard anything? Any buzz on this game?

The biggest buzz on the game is that it will include access to the Gears of War 3 Beta (meaning you can play a bit of the game before it releases in retail)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

He can download the demo on whatever system he has. I recommend trying it out, its a pretty fun game based on the demo.
    ****Bengali*****

Now you have to ask yourself, was that civilized? No! In no way was that civilized. Fun, but in no way civilized.

Roger that Milli Vanilli Chilli Willi!

Quote Originally Posted by bengali94 View Post
    He can download the demo on whatever system he has. I recommend trying it out, its a pretty fun game based on the demo.
    Thanks for that, bengali. I'll pass that along to him. (Alex has xbox 360 Halo Edition -- as in 'the x-box I originally thought would cost $189 and ended up costing $500'. )

If you're cool with him getting into over-the-top content, (crazy R-rated language, violence, nudity, etc...) he should have a blast.

Not judging, just forewarning.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    If you're cool with him getting into over-the-top content, (crazy R-rated language, violence, nudity, etc...) he should have a blast.

Not judging, just forewarning.
    Language isn't too much of a problem as long as it's not constant and really graphic. Nudity -- especially graphic and frequent -- is. He'll self-censor himself if it's just a very brief shot.

Kindly give me a bit more information. It's greatly appreciated.

Also is there multiplayer-as in- at home split screen for this game?

If anyone is looking to pick up Gears of War 1 & 2 for $5 alongside this game Best Buy will be offering it online and in store

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1312731&loc=01

That is a pretty sweet deal, especially since the platinum versions of Gears 1 and 2 are basically $20 ea by themselves! And the Triple Pack in this deal is $30
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The commercial makes it look pretty sweet with that "Hey Man Nice Shot" Filter song.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I downloaded the demo the other day. I'm really not much for FPS because they've just gotten way too fast-paced for me. I hate how I used to be pretty good at Doom and could kinda hold my own; nowadays, I take three steps on Halo and get killed.

I like the idea behind the whip and implementing combos with the gun and kicking. It's mechanics are very interesting, but I died right when I got into the first big firefight. It subsequently got deleted off my 360.

It'd probably be helpful (along with other modern FPS games) if I didn't have one or two AI people "helping" me out since there's too many guns going off in a firefight anyway. When some of the guns belong to people on my team, it's kinda hard to determine who I should shoot at after I've pumped about two dozen rounds in them and they just look at me stupid. Then I'll realize I'm shooting at the wrong person by the red haze that pulses on frame of my picture and then everything starts going to a gray scale. Also, most of the bad guys blend into the surroundings way too easily in this game. That was much more frustrating.

I'd say I lasted about ten minutes in this game demo. If you're into it though, more power to you.

I watched the first 25min on youtube, looked pretty cool. It looks like a hybrid action FPS, and from the reviews across the web it does it really well

I've looked at the links and I think it looks pretty cool. But it comes with a hefty pricetag for a guy who was happy with yo-yos and a Slinky when he was a kid.

So I think what I'm going to do is wait until a number of you have bought it or played with a buddy's game and are hopefully kind enough to share your opinions in this thread. You guys, after all, are the true experts. (Alex was thrilled with everyone's suggestions for Christmas.)