Thread: Asking for a little help from my friends

Heroic Thread Killer biggieboy69's Avatar

Asking for a little help from my friends

For the 3rd straight year I will be raising money and shaving my head for St. Baldrick's Day. This amazing organization helps fund childhood cancer research in the hopes that one day all children will be cancer free.

This year I will be shaving my head in Newport, KY at Claddagh Irish Pub inside Newport on the Levee. My goal is to raise $500.00 and every donation (no matter how big or small) helps me reach that goal. This organization has become very important to me and I look forward to the event every year. To show how much it means to me, I will be getting a tattoo of Lucky, the St. Baldrick's Day leprechaun (he can be found on their website listed below), somewhere on my body, BUT only if I reach my goal of $500.00. While shaving my head once a year is a bold statement, getting permanent ink will help me raise awareness year round. In the past I have always fallen short of my goal and this year I want make sure I meet my goal, and hopefully exceed it.

As an added bonus, I am offering lunch, on me, at Claddagh Irish Pub on the day of the event to the person who donates the largest amount of money towards my goal (must be present for the free lunch ).

Here is a youtube video my Fiancee put together to show what we've done the last couple of years:

To make a donation by credit card or phone, please visit my Shavee Participant page here: http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...huaneilhawkins

For more information on St. Baldrick's day, and to also find information on being a volunteer at an event near you, please visit their website here: http://www.stbaldricks.org

They can also be found on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/StBaldricksFoundation

And on Twitter here:
    http://twitter.com/#!/StBaldricks

Thank you so much for supporting me and stbaldricks.org. It means so much to me.

Josh

I just wanted to give this thread a quick bump and also reiterate how important this organization is. Even if you live nowhere near the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area I encourage you to donate or volunteer to become a shavee in your own area (all info is in my 1st post above). Every little bit helps in trying to save a child's life. Please, please, please donate if at all possible.

If you have any questions you can ask here, PM me, or find me on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/JoshuaNeilHawkins) or Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/DarthMagnus).

I have just over 1 month to reach my goal of $500 and I need help. Even if you can't donate or sign up to be a shavee then please pass word along to friends and family. If you are have a Facebook, I have created an event page with all this information and more (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136313633099687). It would be awesome if you would join it and invite all your friends and family to help raise awareness.

Thank you and Good Journey

Josh
    Last edited by biggieboy69; February 11, 2011 at 02:09am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Widget
    way cool dude! i plan to shave my head next month on my sons birthday to donate for locks of love. never heard of organization,but will look in too. oh and i used to live in coventon

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Check your Participant page
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Prime View Post
    way cool dude! i plan to shave my head next month on my sons birthday to donate for locks of love. never heard of organization,but will look in too. oh and i used to live in coventon
    Locks of Love is another amazing organization. I know that many St. Baldrick's participants donate their hair to Locks of Love after participating in a St. Baldrick's event. You should totally check it out!!! Also I went to Northern kentucky University. That's where I first got involved with St. Baldrick's Day. After moving, I really miss the Northern Kentucky area and can't wait to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Check your Participant page
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! You don't know how much your donation means to me!

Josh
    Last edited by biggieboy69; February 11, 2011 at 11:35am.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biggieboy69 View Post
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! You don't know how much your donation means to me!

Josh
    You are welcome.

Now I just encourage more good people on He-Man.org to step up to the plate and help with such a worthy cause
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

With the help of some kind hearted souls, I am 1/5 of the way to my goal of $500. Every little bit helps so I'm asking again that you open your heart and wallet to a great cause.

For those still on the fence, here is some info on the child I am honoring with my shaved head.

Josh

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I always wanted to do locks of love, but my hair (what is left) is curly and I look stupid for growing it out. Regardless I sent you a little donation.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I always wanted to do locks of love, but my hair (what is left) is curly and I look stupid for growing it out. Regardless I sent you a little donation.
    Thank you so much!!! Your donation and kindness means a lot to me!!!

Josh

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Maybe I should do this. I'm getting in need of a hair cut anyway... How'd you get started?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Maybe I should do this. I'm getting in need of a hair cut anyway... How'd you get started?
    A guy I went to college with got me into it. Now this is my third year and I plan on doing it until all my hair halls out from old age.

Here is the St. Baldrick's website. If you want to sign up to shave your head go to the get involved tab and click be a shavee. Then you sign up and search for a St. Baldrick's Day event close to you. Then ask for donations and show up and get your dome shaved.

At the event I go to there is always a lot to do and a lot of people cheering shavees on. There is usually an auction going on to raise even more money. Mine also takes place in an Irish pub so there's good food and great beer. Also you get a free t-shirt for signing up, so even if you don't raise any money you get a free haircut and a t-shirt.

If you need any help getting signed up or anything please feel free to get a hold of me. I previously posted a ridiculous amount of ways to contact me.

Good luck and let me know if you need any help getting signed up!

**Edit #1** I'm up to $120!!! Only $380 more to go!!! Thanks again to the .Org members who have already donated!

**UPDATE** With the help of a few .Org members and a sizable donation from a friend and former co-worker of mine, I have reached and exceeded my $500.00 goal with just over 3 weeks left until the event!!! I would like to thank those kind souls here at the .Org who donated and encourage more to donate. Just because I met my goal doesn't mean I'm going to stop seeking donations. I plan on posting some MotU items for sale later this week with proceeds going to St. Baldricks. Be on the lookout for that post and buy knowing you're helping an amazing organization.

Also since I have reached my goal, I will be getting a tattoo of Lucky the Leprechaun on my arm. Here is a picture of him. I am currently looking for a tattoo artist to "donate" their time and artistic ability to making Lucky a permanent part of my body. If anyone knows any credible tattoo artists in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati, OH/Columbus, OH area who would ink me for free, as a donation, then please let me know.

Thank you all again for your support!

Josh
    Last edited by biggieboy69; February 23, 2011 at 08:02pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost