Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC needs more EVIL!!!!

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC needs more EVIL!!!!

I had suspected since the Fall/Winter releases were revealed at SDCC last year that we were getting a bit "Hero-Heavy" but in doing some rearranging today, I've confirmed that the Good to Evil Ratio balance is way out of bounds.

Counting the Birds (because hey, they're Characters/Figures too, darn it!) & 4 different Guards, out of 47 unique Characters/Figures, 28 are Heroes and 19 are Evil. Plus the Horde guys don't exactly work & play well with Skeletor's Crew and technically Marzo is an independent. (There's no point in factioning out the Heroes. They would all happily work together anyway.)

We NEED More Villains!!!!

Even factoring in the releases we know of for this year, the numbers are 31 Heroes to 24 Villains. Plus, once again, King Hsss doesn't share a happy/funtime vibe with Skeletor or Hordak or Marzo. The numbers are too far askew in favor of the Heroic Warriors!

We really do need more MOTUC Wickedness!

There is nothing heroic in overcoming/beating/subjugating a much smaller minority. (Actually, I think they call that "bullying/tyranny/what have you".) The Heroes need overwhelming odds to overcome to be Heroic! (Plus, I pretty much always find the Villains more interesting/compelling anyway!)

Hopefully the NY Toy Fair will be dominated by Evil!

What does anyone else think? Happy with the Good Vs. Evil Balance so far?

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Given that some of those heroes are dead, variants, and secret identities, I feel that the line is pretty evenly balanced at this point.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Given that some of those heroes are dead, variants, and secret identities, I feel that the line is pretty evenly balanced at this point.
    True, but just dealing with the raw numbers, it's a bit uneven. (Or, if you prefer, start releasing "dead" bad guys to give the "dead" good guys something to do!)

Plus, we have time travel (Preternia Disguise He-Man, I'm looking at you!) and timeless dimensions and all the jazz. I'm operating under the theory that if He-Man can go back in time (and possibly forward, depending on how the NA portion of our story ultimately shakes out), any one from another time, currently dead or alive, could conceivably show up in the Now and commence to doing battle.

And I just want more "Bad Guys"!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

We need more evil in all facets of life! MOTUC is no exception!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Warrior
    I felt the same way when they released Tytus.

WHY would the most powerful man in the universe need a Giant on his side?? COMPELETLY unbalanced the battle...

I don't have Gygor or shadow beasts... but maybe they would help..
    Either way, you NEED to have the bad guys have the advantage. That's drama.

Megator should have come LONG before Tytus ever did...

What they need is to stop giving us He-Man variant after He-Man variant.

Hell yeah, I want more Evil characters!!

Spikor!! Spikor!! Spikor!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Well we could have at least one more he-man variant...Zombie He-man! Evil for the baddie fans and He-Man for the....errr....He-Man fans lol!

Heroic Warrior
    With BA Skeletor, Panthor, King Hiss and Catra we have some evil dudes on their way...

I hoping this year for some characters, who doesn't have a figure since the 80's...

Spikor
    Ninjor
    Blade
    Horde Trooper

But other Evil Warriors are welcome, too...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Nice! A movement for more evil more often in MOTUC! Where do I sign?

More Evil Warriors, more Snake Men, More HORDE!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    A Horde Trooper and / or Blade would rule!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Great point! I personally think they have realized that the evil characters are the easy sell,and they are pummeling out as many Heroic figs to pad out the line as they can!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I actually feel the exact opposite. There are a ton of bad guys, but most a good deal of the good guys are either from another time, variants on a character, or special characters like Randor, Carnivus, etc.

We need more general good good guys along the lines of Buzz-off, Robot, Stratos etc... Skeletor has a ton of henchmen, and now more Horde and Snakemen are showing up too!

So..

MOTUC needs more GOOD GUYS!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    It's funny, 'cos at one point, we were getting way more villains than good guys.

I get where you're coming from in a way, and by-and-by, the Evil Warriors (or whatever evil faction you choose to support) are the coolest characters and designs, but even I don't thinking it's severely out of ratio.

That said, I'd like to see a few more Evil Warriors this year (Spikor... Jitsu...)
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    What they need is to stop giving us He-Man variant after He-Man variant.
    How many He-Man variants do you have? I've only seen original, BA, and the upcoming Preternia... Adam isn't truly a variant of He-Man; he's the secret identity, not another outfit worn into battle. Unless you know something for certain the rest of us don't, they're not exactly flooding us with He-Man.

Anyway, I'm hoping we'll see some more evil warriors, from any faction... But at least the large items are more balanced by year's end, with BC, Tytus & Swft Wind on the good, and Gygor, Shadow Beast & Panthor on the evil side.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    We need more evil in all facets of life! MOTUC is no exception!
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Nice! A movement for more evil more often in MOTUC! Where do I sign?

More Evil Warriors, more Snake Men, More HORDE!!!
    Yes, my comrades of Evil! You must demand more evil! It's far more interesting than the static and dull stylings of the heroes. For without Evil, Good is nothing! It's just the status quo...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    It's funny, 'cos at one point, we were getting way more villains than good guys.

I get where you're coming from in a way, and by-and-by, the Evil Warriors (or whatever evil faction you choose to support) are the coolest characters and designs, but even I don't thinking it's severely out of ratio.

That said, I'd like to see a few more Evil Warriors this year (Spikor... Jitsu...)
    LOL... I was totally gonna bring up this point! Back when the line was still pretty new, everyone was complaining that there weren't enough good guys!

I'm sure Mattel will get to everyone in time! In the end, won't there be more good guys than bad guys anyways? The POP line only had 3 "villains" and wasn't the NA toy line hero heavy too?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    MOTU is the one line that I actually like a lot of the good guys in. All the other big 80s properties that I really enjoy, I only like a couple good guys if any. For example, the only Thundercats figure I had back in the day was Mumm-Ra because he CARRIED Thundercats imo! Same way Cobra Commander CARRIED G.I. Joe! And he's the only figure I'm getting from the hyper anime detail revamped "Thundercats 201x".
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Yes its time for more mainline villians. I'm ready for Clawful, Spikor, Two Bad, Kobra Kahn, Jitsu, Stinkor, Mosquitor, Leech, Mantenna, Ninjor or snake dude anytime.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by benedict judas hel View Post
    yes, my comrades of evil! You must demand more evil! It's far more interesting than the static and dull stylings of the heroes. For without evil, good is nothing! It's just the status quo...
    hear hear!!!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

Yeah This!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I don't particularly think there's an imbalance, but I would personally like to see some more villains, especially Skeletor's crew. Clawful, Spikor and Stinkor in particular!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

As far as evil figures go I wholeheartedly agree that the sooner the better. I mean seriously, who could possibly think that a figure like, say, Man-E-Faces is cooler than Spikor, Two Bad, or Clawful? A guy that smells bad (Stinkor) is so much more appealing than a guy who smells like a cheap car air freshener (Moss Man).

But I can totally understand Mattel's logic behind releasing more "good" characters than evil. It just simply shows that, due to their weaknesses, the "heroic" characters need more numbers just to try to equal the superior strength, skill, magic, and strategy of the dark side.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

I really want a Stinkor figure, but I'm almost dreading him. I keep my figures in a cabinet with a door (less dust that way) and it has smelled strongly of Moss-Man for months now. I'm not looking forward to my cabinet smelling like patchouli oil! Oof. Who knows how that will interact with the Moss Man smell?

I only collect Skeletor's crew, so I'm pretty darn happy with the characters that have been made so far. When Panthor arrives this spring, the '82-'83 Evil Warrior lineup will be complete, which is awesome!

1982 (3)
    __X__ Beast Man (Dec. 2008)
    __X__ Mer Man (Apr. 2009)
    __X__ Skeletor (Jan. 2009)

1983 (4)
    __X__ Evil Lyn (Apr. 2010)
    __X__ Faker (Mar. 2009)
    _____ Panthor (Apr. 2011)
    __X__ Screeech (Apr. 2010)
    __X__ Trap Jaw (Feb. 2010)
    __X__ Tri-Klops (Aug. 2009)

1984 (5)