Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your level of DCUC/MOTUC Acceptance?

What's your level of DCUC/MOTUC Acceptance?

Been meaning to ask this for a little while after I finally broke down and got the Luthor/Skeletor set. I'll probably have to search elsewhere for the Supes/He-Man one.

Anyway, just wanting to get a concensus of everyone's continuity: do you accept the DC characters in MOTU and vice versa in your personal canon? Do you like to display or store figures both lines together? I understand there's plenty of folks who end up with re-release duplicates on the DC side just to get the MOTUC repaints and I'm not asking about that. Do you see the DC characters and the MOTU characters existing in the same realm since we've gotten these two packs? Should the two DC comics previously published be the only crossover? What are your thoughts on the two properties coexisting?

As a collector no they don't have a place in the line together, from the point of view of comic books and crossovers...sure why not.

Yes, for me the DC characters exist in the same universe as MOTUC.
    But not only DC, Marvel characters do too.
    In my mind, DC and Marvel exist on the same earth just like in the old 70's comic crossovers.

In my MOTUC cannon Superman is transported to Eternia just like he was in DC Presents #47.
    After returning home, he keeps the existence of Eternia and Castle Grayskull a secret.
    Years later He-Man and his friends find themselves on Earth similar to the '87 movie and the existence of Eternia and Grayskull are finally revealed to Earth. Several villains (both DC and Marvel) leave for Eternia to get the power of Grayskull for themselves. They are pursued by several heroes (again both DC and Marvel), who join forces with He-Man and the Masters.

As far as displaying figures goes, I generally don't mix displays, but I do have my Battle Armor He-Man displayed alongside my (few) DCUC and Marvel Legends figs.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Storywise, I like the idea of them all existing in the same universe, but as far as the toys themselves go and how I've displayed them in the past... no, I don't mix the lines at all simply because the scale is so out of whack. When it was first first announced that we would be getting these 2-packs my excitement level went through the roof because I thought that this meant we were getting He-Man vs. Superman with an all-new figure of Superman using the MOTUC male buck. So when the details and pictures were finally revealed I was pretty underwhelmed that it was just a DCUC figure packed in with a MOTUC figure.

Absolutely zero.

i don't like the cross-over aspect of DCUC/MOTUC one bit - so for me, my acceptance is very low ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I am in the same boat as my pal Slo-Man here. I like the idea of DC and MOTU crossing over.

I display only the DCU figs from the two-packs with my Classics, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

If these ever reach Europe, there's going to be at least one set of DC figures on ebay
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    No acceptance of the crossover. I consider these packs mini comic variant packs and completely ignore the DC figures.

My MOTUverse is a multiverse, which has room for all characters from every toy line imaginable.

Even though I display different toy lines in different places, there are nothing that really prevents me from mixing figures from different lines.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Absolutely zero.
    +1

Can't say it any better

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Absolutely zero.
    Completely agree.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior
    im always up for crossovers and since Eternia was in the DC universe at one time (as the comics prove) this one males a lot of sense

Superman VS He-man was a comic two pack I've wanted to see for a long time since there was an existing media for it.

I wanted that pack before MOTUC existed and I am VERY glad to own it at last! It looks great hanging on my wall.

Anything after that was just overkill. And getting more so with every release.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Superman VS He-man was a comic two pack I've wanted to see for a long time since there was an existing media for it.

I wanted that pack before MOTUC existed and I am VERY glad to own it at last! It looks great hanging on my wall.

Anything after that was just overkill. And getting more so with every release.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel as well.

I was very exited to get the Superman VS. He-Man 2-pack because of the already existing story. However, all the 2-packs since then have no media to make them special to me.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I just lucked out and found a Supes/He-Man two pack today and it was down the aisle away from the three remaining Luthor/Skeletor packs at the Tulsa TRU on 71st & Memorial. Tomorrow I might take a look at the TRU down 21st across from Eastland Mall to see if they've got the 2nd wave in yet. I really want a blue Mer-Man.

As for the continuity, I don't see why I should exclude DCU from MOTU. I'd bet an MOTU and DCU mix came about, it'd probably work as well as DCU and Mortal Kombat. Both properties really complimented each other. Also, these are the only DCUC figures I'll probably be getting unless I pick up some of the two packs I've found at Gordmans that are about $10 cheaper than the TRU ones.

Sure the scales are obviously diproportionate, but this could also be a statement about the difference between humanoid physiques in Eternia and Earth... and Krypton.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    No acceptance of the crossover. I consider these packs mini comic variant packs and completely ignore the DC figures.
    Exactly! I have recently (like 6 weeks ago) started collecting DCU, I know nothing about comics except whats on the bios on the card backs. I love the figures and in a short time have gotten 58.

But the DCU vs MOTUC sets are all about MOTU for me, though Im not bothering with the last ones cos they are gawd awful on the card!

I have the 1st two and aint opening them, they look better sealed than losse IMO!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Growing up all my toys were in the same universe so I say yes. Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles, He-man, X-men, and Spawn all fought side by side against Apocalypse and his team of evil warriors from around the universe. I'm not saying every character should crossover but the possibility should always be there.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    For me, Earth-1 Superman visited Eternia-1, and kept its existence secret, before he was retconned out of existence in Crisis. After that, I like to leave a little mystery.

I do keep this Ed McGinnis Superman amongst my MOTUC figures, because he fits the scale best. I guess for me, and my streamlined canon, it did happen... until the Crisis. After that, it was a dream or a story Adam recounts to his son Dare before bedtime. After all, I'm sure Queen Marlena would have told her great grandson many tales of Superman she remembered from her native planet.

I love an all inclusive canon!

There is no cross over in my universe, and none in DC and Marvel. In my cannon, DC and Marvel characters are aware of each others existence, but DC characters come from non-specific fictional places as Marvel characters come from somewhere in the real world. Example, Gotham City, we know is New York but it isn't actually New York, where as Peter Parker, Fantastic Four and the X-Men all come from New York. (I know I'm leaving out several)

No crossover at all. When I purchase the 2-packs I know exactly why I love & collect MOTU. DC characters are lucky, excuse me, privileged to be packaged alongside such superiority.

I've got some DCUC, so I don't mind the combo, especially when I don't have either figure in the pack.

In "fiction", no, there's no crossover there. I like the DC Comic crossovers for what they were, but that doesn't mean I lump them together.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I hate DCU. I was always a Marvel guy growing up and didn't care for anything from DC...except for maybe Batman and his villains.

As for the DC vs MOTU 2 packs...the MOTU is what sells them to me. If I wasn't collecting them MOC, I'd sawzall them in half and throw the DCU half out.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I collect DCUC and MOTUC, but I consider them separate franchises as they really are. I got the 1st two packs and regret it as the paint apps on both suck compared to the regular releases and don't bother trying to convince me as it won't happen.

The He-Man/Superman 2-Pack is legit since it has a comic book past...
    The rest of it is just a way to try and get us to spend more money... which I think is back-firing since Skeletor/Lex Luthor is clogging the shelves and no new product is getting through...
    If Mattel is insisting on a TRU exclusive release, then they should have gone with MOTU 2-Packs featuring repaints.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella