Thread: Motuc Filmation He-man cartoon style

Motuc Filmation He-man cartoon style

Hello guys, i'm back on the custom figure auction block, my first motuc custom of the year is this Filmation style He-man. I erased all the wrists, belt , harness and boot details for a much closer cartoon look. Its on the "auctions" site now:

The music is the spanish intro for the show. It was performed by "captain Nemo" The translation for it is on the youtube description.

Looking nice! Now he just needs a more Filmation looking face (kinda like the way people sculpted Skeletor's Filmation head here on the board) to be completely Filmation! But I love the way the colors pop on this one!

Very cool! But I'm curious, with all the fantastic sculpting you did do, why not do his hair? To me that's the thing that truly defines the Filmation look, and would make it a figure I would pay big for!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

This is great. I absolutely love what you did.

Love your work on this!

One request: Can you somehow make He-Man's sword sheath?

Nice custom! I think the axe, shield, and MOTUC power sword take away from the Filmation look, though. He needs a more Filmation looking sword, as well as the sheath on the back.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Nice custom! I think the axe, shield, and MOTUC power sword take away from the Filmation look, though. He needs a more Filmation looking sword, as well as the sheath on the back.
    Thanks! looking into that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Very cool! But I'm curious, with all the fantastic sculpting you did do, why not do his hair? To me that's the thing that truly defines the Filmation look, and would make it a figure I would pay big for!
    Interesting...a future thing to add on a future re-release..

Quote Originally Posted by e-man View Post
    Looking nice! Now he just needs a more Filmation looking face (kinda like the way people sculpted Skeletor's Filmation head here on the board) to be completely Filmation! But I love the way the colors pop on this one!
    Yeah, maybe with a closed mouth, resculpted hair and filmation sword... So very interesting... You guys rock!

He-Man did occasionally use plain steel looking rope and hook that he pulled from his loin cloth, much smaller and differently shaped then Webstor's hook. In one episode he tested an (energy?) shield that he activated using a button on his wrist, though again it's only one episode. I recommend you get the sword from masterenglish.

That's a really nice custom . The colors are great! But I think the wristbands are a little bulky. I like the way you altered the belt. Couldn't you do this with the wristbands the same way?

And yeah, I want the sheath, too

looks nice but i think need work on the hair/face and the wristbands are too bulky need more sand paper on it
    nice colors, i like it
    someday i will try to do my own to see how will look
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Looking good.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

que suave! Mucho gusto!
    Last edited by the headmasters; February 1, 2011 at 05:54am.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I agree about the wrist guards, looks like they could use a little more attention to look less blobby. Also, why does your packaged Prince Adam have a He-Man label? Shouldnt he have a Prince Adam label?
    Hunter, did you know you can respond to multiple quotes in a single post? You dont have to make seperate posts for every comment you respond to. Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    looks nice but i think need work on the hair/face and the wristbands are too bulky need more sand paper on it
    nice colors, i like it
    someday i will try to do my own to see how will look
    agreed.. the hair needs to be re-sculpted as well as taking down the wristbands a bit.. other than that he looks AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    He-Man did occasionally use plain steel looking rope and hook that he pulled from his loin cloth, much smaller and differently shaped then Webstor's hook. In one episode he tested an (energy?) shield that he activated using a button on his wrist, though again it's only one episode. I recommend you get the sword from masterenglish.
    Masterenglish is a very talented customizer, but I make my own casts as well I made a filmation sword not too long ago but when I was remodeling my workspace, the mold broke, now i will have to sculpt it all over again. Thank you for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by the headmasters View Post
    que suave! Mucho gusto!
    Gracias, me gusta el Buzz off 200X tambien..tengo un proyecto por alli jeje

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I agree about the wrist guards, looks like they could use a little more attention to look less blobby. Also, why does your packaged Prince Adam have a He-Man label? Shouldnt he have a Prince Adam label?
    Hunter, did you know you can respond to multiple quotes in a single post? You dont have to make seperate posts for every comment you respond to. Just FYI
    Hey masterenglish what's up. well i'm not as skilled as you when it comes to packaging and stuff. I'm a zero when it comes to photoshop lol! perhaps you can send me the template?

Man, he looks AWESOME. I love it.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18