Thread: Snake Mountain repairs..

Snake Mountain repairs..

both shackles are snapped off at the base.. I still have the original pegs.. superglue doesn't seem to work very well.. any ideas?

a peg on the female bridge piece snapped off and I can't find it.. any suggestions other than the obvious of buying a whole new piece?

thanks
    Last edited by Obbie; February 1, 2011 at 11:49am. Reason: provided photos

I think photos would help to determine the damage and possible fixes. That should help.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    what I did and like a lot better vs the original way, is to stick the chain piece in the hole all the way from the front of Snake Mountain and on the inside of Snake Mountain at the end piece of the chain, either wrap some tape around or some green stuff/sculpy etc. that's thick enough so the chain cannot be fully pulled out again from the front. Remember to only put the tape or sculpy at the end tip of the chain.

The chain will only be a little shorter, and you will now have the ability to retract the chain where the shackles are only visible when there are no prisoners on that ledge. I think it adds more playability and it looks neat. Finding intact chains is difficult and they don't come cheap that's why I like this solution a lot
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    im in the same boat . a year later and im still looking for ways to fix it . the plastic is very brittle theirs noting you can do to fix it , you just need to replace it with something smiler

JB weld may work. I don't know how it would react to the plastic, but I think it should be fine, just test it first. It dries as hard as cement. Seriously, it's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    JB weld may work. I don't know how it would react to the plastic, but I think it should be fine, just test it first. It dries as hard as cement. Seriously, it's amazing!
    I have some JBweld on my glasses right now.. I may give that a shot!

Try pinning it, then gluing it.

Fixing Snake Mountain plastic pieces

So, I purchased a Snake Mountain recently (my first) without really taking a close look at it. I got a bag full of parts, but it looks like the plastic on a lot of them is broken. The ladder is in 3 pieces, the shackles are broken off the posts, etc.

Does anyone know of a good way to fix these pieces, or am I pretty much stuck trying to find replacements?

- - - Updated - - -

Found this old thread, but no one has ant concrete answers, if you know a better way please let me know: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?203642-Snake-Mountain-repairs

I haven't fixed anything like this specifically, but I've had success with Krazy glue. It works well on plastic, and if you get the one with the pen tip it's more precise for those tiny pieces. Good luck!

The best glue I've found is JB Weld. You gotta mix it, and it comes out grey, but it really is the best thing I've used on MOTU pieces.

Just a quick update: I did some Googling for plastic repair, and found this stuff on Amazon. It's called "SureHold Plastic Surgery Super Gel." It's the best blue for PVC type plastics I've ever worked with. Regular super glue doesn't hold PVC type plastic together, but this does. I haven't play tested the pieces yet, so I can't speak for durability, but it seems to be pretty good so far.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage