Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--February 2011

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--February 2011

Welcome to the Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread for February 2011!

Toyguru's Recent Posts on Mattycollector.com's Forum

Like last year, instead of posting EVERY little thing in it's own post, I'll gather them ALL the relevant MOTUC Ask Matty postings here. Keep checking for updates! The old threads are ancient history and won't be updated anymore. This is the new spot until next month.

As always, I'll put the most recent news up first, while the old news is down the bottom.

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread I
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread II
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread November 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2011
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why are you listening to the 4H instead of you're consumers?

Since the you and the 4H aren't buying the majority of these figures, why aren't you listening to those who are? The vast majority of people have seen what the inside of the hood would look like black and like it. We don't care (no insult intended) what you and the 4H think about how it looks. Even if we can't get a GID head, which we should, at least Mattel could listen to their consumers and make the inside of the hood black to better match his cartoon appearance.

P.S. Nice face on the FACELESS one, though he does kinda look like Skullmaster who was pretty cool.... but I'd rather just get a Mighty Max 6inch toyline made.

It is not that we "listen to the Horsemen" over the customers, it is that together we reviewed several decos and the version we are putting out really did look the best.

Other times the fans clearly outvote both the Horsemen and Mattel.

The Horsemen wanted to do Man-E-Faces with his mini comic colors, I personally wanted to do the full orange suit version. But the fans voted for the half and half, so the fans win and get it there way.
    MINI COMICS CHARACTER

You stated the MOTUC line was planned until 2017 N recently said that a few MINI-COMICS characters were planned .
    As it seems the MOTUC line is the ultimate where we can get " never done as figure before " Characters , can you tell me if i can hope or forget to finally see before the end of the line a figure of the purple werewolf from masks of power , please ?
    I'm NOT asking for a date at all , you can't reveal that , but i try my chance N claim directly to you my interest for this character !!

Always a possibility and he would not need that much tooling (maybe the Beastman body?) but nothing to announce right now!
    Faceless One with black hood Fan Poll

Just wanted to bring this to your attention, fans are voting on what the
    Faceless One should look it.

Is it possible to make the hood black with glow-in-the dark skull at this point?

Here are the current results:

do you want a black inside of the cowl/hood?

5 (4%)
    no, keep the inside of the hood purple
    65 (47%)
    yes, make the inside of the hood black
    67 (49%)
    yes, make the inside of the hood black + make it a glow-in-the-dark head

The Horsemen actually tried this paint scheme and were unhappy with it. They tried out 5 different decos on Faceless One. The version we presented looked the best!
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor??

Will they ever remake this figure? I loved the water squirting gimmick!!

Only time will tell!
    He Man variants always for subscriptions?

I would like to ask if a He-Man variant is planned to always be the figure that comes with the MOTUC suscription?

If you mean will the club figure (like Preternia He-Man) always be a He-Man variant, the answer is no. This year it was (and sorta last year, kinda) but it won't be in 2012! 2012's club figure will be a totally non He-Man figure/variant.
    Why does a 5 days poll is still open after almost 8 days?

Hi ToyGuru, Catra, Mc Jodie and all other mods.

I just want to remind that the 5 days poll for man-e-faces color scheme is still open after almost 8 days now.

Shouldn't this poll be closed already?

I hope no one feels offended for what I'll say but if the poll results change drastically in the end in comparison to the results after the initial stated 5 days it wouldn't make any sense to open it in the first place.

We ran it a bit longer to give as many fans a chance to vote as possible.
    Prince Adam reissue?

Since Adam was Orko's accessory, if you release Adam on his own card, would this be considered a new sku? And if it is a new sku, would that allow you to have the attachment added to his back to hold the Power Sword?

Yes, it would be a new sku as it would require a new pack out configuration and work would need to be done on his package. Additionally, if we changed any of the accessories or the deco this would also require some work. Re-releases are just that, the exact same figure, the machines just need to be "turned on" with no additional work assigned to them. If we assign any type of work we need a "development slot" not a "reissue slot" which we have fewer of.
    Weapon Paks

Hi Toy Guru!

Would appreciate if you could answer these 2 short and simple questions :-)

1) Will previously released Weapon Paks be reissued?

2) Would it be possible to include a repainted (perhaps in black?) Bionatops Blaster in a future Weapon Pak?

Thank you in advance!

At this point we are not going back into production on the weapon paks.
    The Original Skeletor???

I picked up a Skeletor that has the first run left hand but also a "The Original" startburst on it.

Can you please tell me how this would have happened?

This was the version sold at SDCC (due to the wrong hand being used we didn't want to sell this version online) giving fans the choice to purchase this version in person.
    The Faceless One's hood question

We know that a GITD head is off the table, but many fans where asking if it was too late to have the interior of, The Faceless One's hood colored black to more resemble his appearance in the animated series?
    Thanks!

It is not a sense that it is too late (which it kinda is) but the Horsemen actually tried this. They did 5 different decos on the Faceless one including an all white and a glow in the dark version an none were cutting it. The version shown was the best looking and the most impressive of their paintjobs on him. Quite a lot were tried.
    When will Man-E-Faces and Megator's secret accessories be announced?

Do you have any idea when the "secret accessories" for Man-E-Faces and Megator will be announced? You don't have to be date specific, but approximately; like this month or the next, etc. I have no problem waiting for the news, but it helps when I have an idea on when I'm gonna find out, haha.

Actually, we might just let fans discover them when opening the package!
    Thanks for Battleground Teela!

Thanks to you and the 4H for helping to make my dream figure come true, Toyguru! I've been wanting this figure since I first read that comic!

My question is similar to Rockinhard's question about Pre-Eternia Disguise He-Man: how come Battleground Teela was chosen? I'm totally not complaining, but I never expected her to be seen this early since she's so obscure so seeing her yesterday was a COMPLETE SURPRISE. If anything, I was expecting 200X Evil-Lyn to be released alongside of the Faceless One.

I think this was covered by me in the video Pixel Dan did at NYTF, but the short answer is, she is a kick *** cool variant of Teela.

When we first launched MOTU in late 2008, the team went through all the material we had legal access to. While flipping through the DC comics we saw this outfit and immediately wanted to get her into the line! I was actually personally hoping no one was going to bring up the DC comics (and no one did for almost a year and a half into the line) so that when we revealed Battleground Teela she would be out of left field and a cool surprise no one was expecting.

Sigh. Can't win em all! Clever fans (I believe yourself included) started asking for her pretty quick and the cat was out of the bag that we had access to this design.

So while fans have been asking for her for a while, she has been slotted in as the June 2011 figure for almost two years when we first put the line together around Feb 2009 (when we knew the line was going to go past the first 6 figures and needed a long term plan to ensure we still had enough good characters to last into the future - we didn't want to get to 2014 and go "oops, all the goods ones have been done"). We have very deliberately spread out what we assumed back then would be the fan demanded characters, and for the most part we have been right on. Battleground Teela, like all the releases, has been planned from the start.
    Time inconsistency on King Hsss bio?

Looking at the new product page for King Hsss on the store site, I read his bio a little more closely, and I see where the reference to the time in the void is five centuries. It also looks like that's what is printed on the package bio. I assume this is a mistake, and it should have been five millennia? Or did the Snake Men "exist" for a long time after Grayskull's death?

Yes. The change/request from the MOTU franchise group to make it 5,000 years between Grayskull and Adam (form 500 years) happened after the Hssss package went to print.
    Any chance of NA figures appearing in the next year?

Hi, Is there any chance that the NA Era will get some love sometime in the next year?

Going by the timeline ending in 2017, we may need to start seeing at least 2 (preferably 3) NA figures per annum, and so far theres no one for 2011.

And Optikk is such a superb Figure,we are looking forward to what else the 4H can do with this under appreciated era.

A member of the Galactic Protectors will be in the 2011 monthly slot line!
    Battle Armour Skeletor

Pictures of Battle Armour Skeletor on the Matty Store page show him with a grey Power Sword, is this something included with the toy?

No. We'll look into this and get it fixed!
    King Hsss

Toy Guru You stated that aside if PE He-Man having the old peg ankles that all new figures going forward from Vikor on would have the new non peg ankles.

My question is why was King Hsss given the Skeletor Greavs and Keldor boots with the OLD ankle peg when he's a new figure?

When you make the statement that going forward all new figures will have the new ankles then we see a new figure like King Hsss with the old ankle parts used it's disappointing.

Are we going to find this practice going back & forth all through 2011 with the new figures or are all NEW figures getting the new NON PEG Ankles?

We will look into introducing new boots for other characters when logistics allow, but for King Hssss he has the Keldor boots.
    There's Some Confusion On The Upcoming She-Ra

Will the new 2011 She-Ra be dressed in the outfit she came with in the first release, or will it be one of the variants from the classic toy line? The explanation in the presentation video was a bit open to interpretation.

It will not be the same as the original She-Ra, but by mixing and matching parts from the original and new release you will be able to create quite a few She-Ra variants.

That is all we are saying for now, you'll just need to wait for SDCC for more!
    Ultimate Battleground Teela and Teela: are they the same person?

Maybe this question we might have to wait until the bio of Ultimate battle ground Teela to be reveiled, but fans have been wondering, with the blond hair and the aged facial features, many people are wondering if UB Teela and Teela are in fact the same person. Can you shed some light on this issue, or do we have to wait for the bio?

Yes. They are the same person much as Battle Armor He-Man and standard He-Man are the same person.
    Is Battleground Teela the same woman as the October 2009 character?

Due to the intense debating about this character on the forums:

Is Battleground Teela the same character as the October 2009 figure?

The reason why I'm asking is this...

...is because more than one character has the name of Teela.

Yes. For the record Battleground Teela is a variant of Teela much as Battle Armor He-Man is a variant of He-Man. Different color hair, different outfit, same gal.
    Why does Faceless One have a face?

Why does Faceless One have a face? His face does not look as how he appeared in the cartoon since this figure has definable features.

It is how the Horsemen interpreted the character. They actually tried about 5 different paint jobs including a glow in the dark one and the version shown was the best of the bunch!
    Man-e-faces... only ONE weapon?

Will Man-e-faces only come with ONE weapon, as shown at the NY Toy Fair? Or will he have other accessories included with the final product?

As announced at NYTF, he will come with a secret accessory. (as will Megator!)
    SDCC Exclusives

Since they weren't announced at NYTF, can we get any hints at the DCUC and MOTUC SDCC Exclusives? Also, any idea when we can expect an announcement?

April-ish. Just like last year.
    Clawful 2nd Head?

Surprised no one else has asked this but here goes, are we for sure NOT getting an additional head with Clawful? The one we got looks great, but there are a lot of fans, myself included, who would like to see another head that isn't completely vintage inspired. The vintage head features bushy eyebrows and large eyes, making him seem more muppet than menace. I'm not asking for a completely 200x style head here, just one that is more intimidating than the vintage head, kind of like when we got a calm head for Moss-Man ( to universal praise). Thanks for all the goodies shown at toyfair! I know we are a demanding bunch of fans but you guys are doing a great job!

Clawful only has one head.
    Clawful 200X Head Request!

I'm aware of the extra costs to extra heads and the fact that 200X is retired. I was wondering if there was any discussions on doing a 200X Clawful head behind the scenes?

Nope.
    question about the new she-ra figure and sub inclussion

TG said that there is going to be 4 female characters released this year so far is catra,blonde teela, and 2 supposed more is, the new she-ra included in the 4 females of the year?
    So if she-ra is not considered a re-relase nor a corrected re-release, but her body is going to be brand new one ,don't that make she-ra a new figure over all with the exception of her name which She-ra like the other figure previously released?...I believe she should be included in the sub and if not then the sub holders should at least have a discount code for her ..Can her inclussion in the sub be possible?

She will be an additional figure outside of the sub and is not one of the four female figures previously announced.
    4H and the vehicles

Is it true that the MOTU Classics vehicles won't be sculpted by the 4H?

No, it is not true.
    Beast Men...first appearance???

I was wondering, have the actual beast men (not to be confused with Skeletor's henchman, Beast Man) ever made a visual appearance in any of the mini comics, books, or various cartoons? If so, where?

One place they appear is in an issue of the DC Comics 1983 MOTU mini series.
    Orko as the Accessory

I was just wondering something. If Mattel decides to release Prince Adam outside of being the accessory for Orko, well they then turn around and make Orko the Accessory for Prince Adam?

You know, so they can put the bio for Prince Adam on the package, but supply the same figurines.

No. If we did another Prince Adam or reissued the existing Adam on a single card he would not come with Orko as that would push the price over the $20.00 basic figure price and try to reserve "odd" priced items for conventions to keep the sub fixed.
    Dear MattyCollector, Regarding your Motuc series

Is the Motuc serie much more popular than you could predict or thought it would be?.

I mean, i se many re-releases some action figures go for crasy prices, specialy in Europa where you cant order from Amazon.com (they dont ship).

Prices goes from 50$ to 149$ for one Action-figure!, the prises are just insane.

Considering our original plan was to put out 3 two-packs and a NYCC item, the line has done very well indeed!
    Burst on the reissue stands?

I know that when ordering reissues, that there is a chance you may receive leftover stock from the first run. With the reissue stands though it seems that no one has received any with "The Original" burst on the package.

I was wondering if the "reissued" stands were even produced with "The Original" burst on the box, like stated in the description of them in the store section?

Most believe that the stands with "The Original" on the box does not exist. So we would like to know for sure. Thanks!

We did request "The Original" be added to the package but it looks like it may not have been. We usually do not get samples of the reissues into our corp office, so we don't see the final reissue figures/items until they ship.
    Slime Pit He-Man

If you were to make a Slime Pit slave He-Man, would he come with a plastic can of slime to pour over him as well as a matching clear green power sword?

Doubtful he would come with slime. It is very expensive! (well, compared to plastic or even soft goods)
    Was a Bio created for Prince Adam?

I know that the SDCC 2010 Orko/Adam only feature Orko's bio, since it was his release and Adam was the accessory.

But, in the creation of the 200+ bios that you had mentioned previously, was an individual one made for Adam that just hasn't been released yet?

Yes.
    Cringer

What are the chances Cringer will one day show up in the MOTUC line? Adam's old buddy needs his own figure.

I imagine one day we will get to Cringer. But nothing to announce right now. He certainly deserves a figure after 29 years!
    Unfair question

As you surely know how awesome the 4 HM-Battle Ram at the last SDCC was, we fans have high expectations at the new vehicle.

So some of us are concernd of hearing, that the 4HM will not sculpt the MOTUC vehicles.

Can we expect a vehicle, that fits the awesome MOTUC design that the 4HM had always delivered?

The Horsemen are sculpting the vehicle. But we aren't saying which one it is yet!
    Mini-Comic Characters in MOTUC?

Will there actually be characters that were unique to the mini-comics such as Geldor or Lodar? What about Randor as he appeared in the mini-comic, but not the older, white-beard Randor (more as he looked in the FILMation series since he also looked this way in the mini-comic)?

Yes, quite a few are planned in the next few years.
    Will Swiftwind be called "Swiftwind" or "Royal Swiftwind" on his package plus tagline

Was wondering since we know that Swiftwind will be painted "Royal White" instead of "Classic Pink" from the voting results at SDCC 2010, will he also be named Royal Swiftwind on the packing, or since he is basically replacing the classic paint job, will he just be called Swiftwind? And which tagline would he carry?

Honestly, we go back and forth on this one. We'd love to do the pink original toy version one day as well. What say you She-Ravers?
    clawful

with both the release of whiplash and now buzz off will we see in the
    future a possible clawful. being they alll share the same body style, and
    if so can we asume that all characters that share body types get a look at
    first,like teela,evil lynn, beast man,moss man

Clawful is an awesome character and one I am personally a huge fan of (having owned the vintage figure when I was a kid) but just because the "shared" parts for a character are available does not really have a relation to when that character will come out.

The releases for MOTUC have been thought our well in advance strategically placing characters from different "factions", genders and eras in each year to ensure each year has a robust offering. We don't want to get to 2014 and go "shoot, we're out of cool characters to release!".

Sure some characters with shared parts will be released close to each other "Like say Trap Jaw and Optikk sharing a crotch piece) but they were released to put out a Skeletor crew members and a NA character, not because they shared parts. That was just a nice coincidence.
    (Editor's Note: We need more answers like that Clawful answer. Beats "We can't comment on anything past Catra right now")
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 28, 2011 at 08:43am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Not a straight Swift wind answer, but I take it to mean that this years horse will be called 'Royal'.

and in answer to his question.....YES!!! bring out the Classic pink SW some day! please!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Is 2014 wishful thinking?

I wonder when Spikor will be released???
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Royal or just plain Swiftwind does not matter to me, since he will be opened and on the shelf with She-ra. What matters to me is if his name has any barring on the bio. If the name makes the bio, then I would rather have Swiftwind's bio, not Royal Swiftwind, at least not yet. And I do not want a pink Swiftwind, I was one that voted for a white Swiftwind. And will be at this years Con to Vote for a brown Kowl or yellow/gold Crystal Castle.

Clawful now - peeeeeeeeeeeeez!

I needs me some lobster/crab men running around my toy shelves to combat the bee men.

Can't wait fior them to get to this guy.

How about a color change Swift Wind? Honestly, I wouldnīt want to have a pink horse sitting on my shelves. But a white horse that turns pink in hot water would be cool.

You want to dip a $30 figure into hot water?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You want to dip a $30 figure into hot water?
    No, I prefer my horses white. Nevertheless, I donīt see your point. Whatīs the difference between a color change Orko, Hot Wheels or Swift Wind, except the pricepoint? No need to boil it!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I truly dont see the issue here?

We are getting the 'Royal' Swift wind this year (white,Gold,Magenta) just as we are getting the Unflocked Panthor.....

......and Yet its ok for a lot of .orgers to cry out for a flocked version 'cos thats how he should be!'

BUT its not ok for those of us who Want a Classic Swiftwind to ask for him,Even though -Surprise,Surprise -Thats how he should be?

The double standards continue to amaze me.

how does a re-paint variant somewhere in the future even register, TG has said they would like to do a pink Swift wind down the road....so dont buy it! But please dont ruin it for others.

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 1, 2011 at 06:49am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I look forward to seeing Geldor and Lodar and more characters from the mini comics. Hell, give us the mini comics to go with them

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    BUT its not ok for those of us who Want a Classic Swiftwind to ask for him,Even though -Surprise,Surprise -Thats how he should be?

The double standards continue to amaze me.

how does a re-paint variant somewhere in the future even register, TG has said they would like to do a pink Swift wind down the road....so dont buy it! But please dont ruin it for others.
    Umm... If that was somehow related to what I posted earlier, let me clarify.

Having two Panthors, one flocked and one unflocked, is ridiculous money melking of customers to beginn with.
    Same with two Swift Winds.
    And actually the same with EVERY character variant.

Battle Armor figures for example.
    The battle armors are separate outfits and not part of the figures as in the 80ies. Why was there any need to have another figure to go with it, except raising the price point to $20.

Thatīs why I was suggesting ONE Swift Wind that would please BOTH fractions of white and pink horse fans at once. Without having to shell out $30 twice, or having to try and sell the one horse one doesnīt like, or having an incomplete collection.

Iīm fine with character variants that sport a unique design or actually resemble new characters (Wun-Dar, Vikor, Faker...) But simple color variants or variants utilizing snap-on armor just seem really cheap to me.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Why do you really need to put the punch-face at the top of the thread, MGM? Also, you're still claiming this is the Jan. thread therein...

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    No, this is how he should be:

A 100% "Hell yes!" on the pink Swift Wind. Original and Royal Swift Wind look different enough to warrant separate releases, imo. One piece of advice though: Don't fake it on the first one out. Please don't make a half-assed version that's trying to meld Original with Royal. (i.e. leaving out the saddle "blanket")

I'm sick of Mattel's screwy marketing strategies. At one figure a months and one beast a quarter it seems to take forever to release the figures.

I don't want to wait 2 years or more - and pray for ongoing sellouts - to eventually be able to purchase a proper pink Swiftwind nor a Filmation colour Swiftwind. Same for flocked Panthor.

Mattel should make chase versions of pink Swiftwind (say 10% on top of production run) and Filmation Swiftwind (say 40% of production run) randomly packed for the subscribers. Then they could offer all 3 versions (regular Royal Swiftwind and the 2 chase versions) separately for sale at same time (as they did with Moss Man).

This way, everyone gets their chance to obtain their favorite colour Swiftwind without waiting on a wing and a prayer for some future variant release.

Chase figures worked wonderfully in the 200x line and added some excitement to collecting. Some of this energy is needed again.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

if they had chase variants, wouldnīt you still be on a wing and a prayer hoping you got the one you wanted, it isnīt like it is at retail where u can hold off on your purchase until you find the one you want.

Yeah but I am suggesting they offer the chases separately for sale on Mattycollector.com just as they did with Moss Man. So folk can brave Matty's site to ensure they get their favorite (or all 3) Swiftwind figure if they want - those people who are not huge fans of POP or have a strong preference for one but not the other Swifty colours can then acquire only the horse they want.

If a desired chase figure sells out then the fan can either buy one of the less desired colour options - or go to the Marketplace or Evilbay (like many of us did in 200x).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Mattel should make chase versions of pink Swiftwind (say 10% on top of production run) and Filmation Swiftwind (say 40% of production run) randomly packed for the subscribers.
    I'm sure the subscribers would LOVE that

Then they could offer all 3 versions (regular Royal Swiftwind and the 2 chase versions) separately for sale at same time (as they did with Moss Man).
    Moss Man where he sold out in thirty seconds because of the production split.

This way, everyone gets their chance to obtain their favorite colour Swiftwind...
    I think we have different definitions of "everyone". Particularly so for subscribers.

Chase figures worked wonderfully in the 200x line and added some excitement to collecting. Some of this energy is needed again.
    You forget that chase variants are about as popular as syphilis. Mattel were actually going to do so at the start of the line (with Faker as a chase variant of He-Man, having already done normal/bronzed KG) and they backed off after a resounding "NO!" when they asked people if they ACTUALLY wanted them.

If a desired chase figure sells out then the fan can either buy one of the less desired colour options - or go to the Marketplace or Evilbay (like many of us did in 200x).
    So they either get rooked on eBay (& Mattel doesn't get their money), they don't get a choice or they go without. Great plan.

I say yes to getting a pink swiftwind in the future just like I hope to eventually get a flocked panthor
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I don't want two Swiftwind, Panthor or any other beast or vehicle included in my subscription. One is enough and the other version should be offer outside the sub.

I don't like chase versions, I got the bronze statue but I was hoping for the normal figure. Lucky me, they released a redeco KG.

I'm ok with Mattel releasing different versions of the beasts like samurai Battle-Cat/Panthor, flocked Panthor, pink Swiftwind, etc. but outside the sub, please.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    cant wait till toyfar thats all im saying

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Thatīs why I was suggesting ONE Swift Wind that would please BOTH fractions of white and pink horse fans at once. Without having to shell out $30 twice, or having to try and sell the one horse one doesnīt like, or having an incomplete collection.
    It's a neat idea, but it really wouldn't please everyone...especially people who want the pink horse most, because it would only be pink after dipping it into hot water...and that would only last for about two minutes. If it was pink, that turned white...the people wanting the white horse would freak, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    A 100% "Hell yes!" on the pink Swift Wind. Original and Royal Swift Wind look different enough to warrant separate releases, imo. One piece of advice though: Don't fake it on the first one out. Please don't make a half-assed version that's trying to meld Original with Royal. (i.e. leaving out the saddle "blanket")
    It's true. Mattel made it very clear that people were voting between ROYAL Swiftwind and Classic pink Swiftwind and he should come with his original toy name (and awesome, removeable armour). I mean Battle Armour He-Man wasn't "He-Man"...

We all know that Mattel will eventually release a Filmation Swiftwind because of the U-Matics video and probably a female, pink Swiftwind because we got an all orange, male Zoar.

So, is every version of Swiftwind just going to be called Swiftwind? That would be lame. If they call this version Swiftwind, I can see the Filmation one being called Rainbow Surprise Swiftwind or something.

Mattel should make chase versions of pink Swiftwind (say 10% on top of production run) and Filmation Swiftwind (say 40% of production run) randomly packed for the subscribers. Then they could offer all 3 versions (regular Royal Swiftwind and the 2 chase versions) separately for sale at same time (as they did with Moss Man).
    I'm kind of on-board with this. It would have been cool if they did a 50/50 variant Swiftwind. Either way, I'll be happy as long as the pink one is released eventually. SHE is a completely different character, like male Zoar (who we do have already).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I hope a pink Swift Wind will not be part of a sub. He will be a variant at last.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to compare Zoar to Swiftwind here. Zoar was a small, free pack-in while producing multiple Swiftwinds require Mattel to be VERY sure they would all sell in high enough quantities to be profitable. The question to make pink Swiftwind will come down to whether or not Mattel thinks enough people are willing to pay $30 for it after getting a white Swiftwind (or will not be overly annoyed with getting a second Swiftwind at that price if pink Swifty is rolled into the sub)

I'm actually surprised at the higher than expected interest in pink Swifwind. Personally, I'd probably buy it but as a large item in both size and cost, I really don't crave it in my collection and will be perfectly happy if it never gets released.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I don't think it makes a lot of sense to compare Zoar to Swiftwind here. Zoar was a small, free pack-in while producing multiple Swiftwinds require Mattel to be VERY sure they would all sell in high enough quantities to be profitable. The question to make pink Swiftwind will come down to whether or not Mattel thinks enough people are willing to pay $30 for it after getting a white Swiftwind (or will not be overly annoyed with getting a second Swiftwind at that price if pink Swifty is rolled into the sub)

I'm actually surprised at the higher than expected interest in pink Swifwind. Personally, I'd probably buy it but as a large item in both size and cost, I really don't crave it in my collection and will be perfectly happy if it never gets released.
    There are quite a few people who always wanted both Filmation and the pink horse (although we're really getting neither right now...), but at SDCC there were at least 36% of people who wanted a pink Swiftwind MORE than a white one.

Royal White 64%
    Classic Pink 36%

I'm not sure how many people the 36% works out to though, as I have no clue how many people voted at SDCC. I think that shows a good interest right there. *crosses fingers*
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah