Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--February 2011

I hope the answer about Clawful was just a bit of misdirection. He has been my most-wanted figure since this line started. Whenever he finally comes out, it won't be a moment too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Clawful now - peeeeeeeeeeeeez!

I needs me some lobster/crab men running around my toy shelves to combat the bee men.
    Webstor can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I don't think it makes a lot of sense to compare Zoar to Swiftwind here. Zoar was a small, free pack-in while producing multiple Swiftwinds require Mattel to be VERY sure they would all sell in high enough quantities to be profitable. The question to make pink Swiftwind will come down to whether or not Mattel thinks enough people are willing to pay $30 for it after getting a white Swiftwind (or will not be overly annoyed with getting a second Swiftwind at that price if pink Swifty is rolled into the sub)

I'm actually surprised at the higher than expected interest in pink Swifwind. Personally, I'd probably buy it but as a large item in both size and cost, I really don't crave it in my collection and will be perfectly happy if it never gets released.
    It is a bit scary to think that Mattel might want to reuse the horse buck and they will release all the horses repaints - Arrow, Storm, Sun Dancer, Moonbeam ... actually how many horses are there in POP ... and every horse will be for 30$ ? I hope the horses will be released but Mattel should reduce the price for the other horses.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; February 1, 2011 at 01:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    It is a bit scary to think that Mattel might want to reuse the horse buck and they will release all the horses repaints - Arrow, Storm, Sun Dancer, Moonbeam ... actually how many horses are there in POP
    You've listed most of them. There's also a Silver Storm variant, the original pink Swift Wind, and Crystal Swift Wind. They could make Teela's unicorn from the minicomics as well.

So that's 8 potential reuses of the Royal Swift Wind mold already.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Not a straight Swift wind answer, but I take it to mean that this years horse will be called 'Royal'.

and in answer to his question.....YES!!! bring out the Classic pink SW some day! please!

ka
    I'm pretty sure he was being straightforward by telling the fans they're letting us help them decide which name to use.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    You've listed most of them. There's also a Silver Storm variant, the original pink Swift Wind, and Crystal Swift Wind. They could make Teela's unicorn from the minicomics as well.

So that's 8 potential reuses of the Royal Swift Wind mold already.
    Oh! There will be more horses than cats! On the other hand ... if they use the horse buck as much as they can and use the earned money to throw a Spydor or a Fright Fighter here then I am completely OK with all the horses.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm hoping for a new Clawful soon. He is an awseome character and Skeletor needs his henchmen.

I truly dont see the issue here?

We are getting the 'Royal' Swift wind this year (white,Gold,Magenta) just as we are getting the Unflocked Panthor.....

......and Yet its ok for a lot of .orgers to cry out for a flocked version 'cos thats how he should be!'

BUT its not ok for those of us who Want a Classic Swiftwind to ask for him,Even though -Surprise,Surprise -Thats how he should be?

The double standards continue to amaze me.

how does a re-paint variant somewhere in the future even register, TG has said they would like to do a pink Swift wind down the road....so dont buy it! But please dont ruin it for others.

ka

Did u say please dnt ruin it for others? Yet you were verbal about molar and called him a waste of plastic? What bout ruining extra figures like that? Talk bout double standard

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I don't want two Swiftwind, Panthor or any other beast or vehicle included in my subscription. One is enough and the other version should be offer outside the sub.
    This is exactly what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Did u say please dnt ruin it for others? Yet you were verbal about molar and called him a waste of plastic? What bout ruining extra figures like that? Talk bout double standard
    Very fair call (and good memory), And I apologize for that. My opinion on Mo-larr is based on the fact that it is a joke figure and not part of any MOTU Era.

I am 100% behind every vintage toy (inc 200X & Concept) being released in MOTUC style, Im happy with Royal Swiftwind and am thrilled with TG saying that 'Classic' SW will hopefully get a release down the track. And I would love it if at some point they did a filmation SW for the fans of that era.

I did call the dentist a waste of plastic, and I still passionately feel that way. I feel the money would have been better spent on Flocking for Panthor, or Tooling for Ram Man.

the reason for my frustration is that I -who wants everyone to to get what they want in MOTUC- truly dont understand when people say things like 'No pink Horses' when there are collectors who would love a 'Classic Swift Wind' At some point, Because to them Classic SW is just as Valid as a Flocked Panthor or Robotos gears.

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 1, 2011 at 05:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Yeah but I am suggesting they offer the chases separately for sale on Mattycollector.com just as they did with Moss Man. So folk can brave Matty's site to ensure they get their favorite (or all 3) Swiftwind figure if they want - those people who are not huge fans of POP or have a strong preference for one but not the other Swifty colours can then acquire only the horse they want.

If a desired chase figure sells out then the fan can either buy one of the less desired colour options - or go to the Marketplace or Evilbay (like many of us did in 200x).
    Chases were voted out at SDCC 2008 by a VAST majority. I don't think you'll have much favor for your idea.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

This is exactly what I want.

Very fair call (and good memory), And I apologize for that. My opinion on Mo-larr is based on the fact that it is a joke figure and not part of any MOTU Era.

I am 100% behind every vintage toy (inc 200X & Concept) being released in MOTUC style, Im happy with Royal Swiftwind and am thrilled with TG saying that 'Classic' SW will hopefully get a release down the track. And I would love it if at some point they did a filmation SW for the fans of that era.

I did call the dentist a waste of plastic, and I still passionately feel that way. I feel the money would have been better spent on Flocking for Panthor, or Tooling for Ram Man.

the reason for my frustration is that I -who wants everyone to to get what they want in MOTUC- truly dont understand when people say things like 'No pink Horses' when there are collectors who would love a 'Classic Swift Wind' At some point, Because to them Classic SW is just as Valid as a Flocked Panthor or Robotos gears.

ka
    I don`t see making me pay an extra $60 plus shipping for a flocked Panthor or a pink Swiftwind as being valid I`m am a completionist and if you wanted a pink swifty or flocked Panthor you should have voted as so. To make both of them at a later date is a waste of the poll and a waste of time to the people who voted the way they did. If that were the case they should have not held a vote at all, as it now alienates our votes. We voted the way we did for a reason so if they can`t change the ordering limit due to the number of people voting as it would alienate them (Tg`s own words), flocked Panthor and pink Swiftwind should be the same. Had Mattel had this planned out from day 1, they wouldn`t have held a vote, they should have just released the most iconic version so I don`t have to buy 2 of them. (I hate multiples of characters) I also don`t agree to the fixes of re releases as it alienates anyone who bought the first version and are now stuck with an inferior toy (I shouldn`t have to buy a new figure, Mattel is the only winner in this scenario) If we got the pink and flocked versions first, hey that`s great but don`t make the white and unflocked versions later on I want 1 of everybody, then we`ll see about multiples I vote in the polls and with my wallet after all

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I don`t see making me pay an extra $60 plus shipping for a flocked Panthor or a pink Swiftwind as being valid I
    I totally agree, I would prefer the pink SW and Flocked Panthor be released separate from the sub (I dont want a Flocked Panthor-But I know a lot of fellow collectors do) so we can pick and choose on variants.

As I said I want to see everything MOTU released in MOTUC style,so that we all get what we want. (but not all of it has to be in the sub -particularly Niche items like these.)

The all in sub is a double edged sword, and I have always held that it should have had the option to 'Choose' what you want to buy.

large 'Variant' beasts (such as the two mentioned) should be only on Matty. so that we can Choose. they are after all, straight repaint/Re-Flocks.

ka

[/CENTER]

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    But (a) that money WASN'T AVAILABLE for anything other than the Robot Chicken two-pack, since CN paid for it, (b) even if we leave aside the controversial vote, unflocked Panthor wasn't about cash (the 4H are anti-flocking and so, if the vote had never happened, he probably still wouldn't have been flocked) and (c) Re: Ram-Man - you haven't noticed that they've STOPPED TALKING about money as a limiting factor for the core figures? (stuff like a Castle Grayskull, yes. But not the $20 or "oversized" figures). Instead they're emphasising that... I'll just quote TG directly here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/6651000776
    The releases for MOTUC have been thought our well in advance strategically placing characters from different "factions", genders and eras in each year to ensure each year has a robust offering. We don't want to get to 2014 and go "shoot, we're out of cool characters to release!".
    Ram-Man (and some other characters, notably Sorceress) are being "held hostage" to that end. Not because they couldn't afford to do them, but because they don't want a rush of people suddenly quitting the line because they've got everything they wanted...

I totally agree, I would prefer the pink SW and Flocked Panthor be released separate from the sub (I dont want a Flocked Panthor-But I know a lot of fellow collectors do) so we can pick and choose on variants.

As I said I want to see everything MOTU released in MOTUC style,so that we all get what we want. (but not all of it has to be in the sub -particularly Niche items like these.)

The all in sub is a double edged sword, and I have always held that it should have had the option to 'Choose' what you want to buy.

large 'Variant' beasts (such as the two mentioned) should be only on Matty. so that we can Choose. they are after all, straight repaint/Re-Flocks.

ka
    I just want one or the other, really doesn`t matter to me what version gets a release as long as I don`t have re buy it down the road like I had to with KG and his new deco, I got both the original and bronze versions already (although after switching a few parts with the old KG you get the difinitive version of him)

Yay to the minicomic characters, give me a Geldor, Lodar, Garn, Rana, heck even a Josh and Leon (who could share a young Adam buck!)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just want one or the other, really doesn`t matter to me what version gets a release...
    Swiftwind should white and heres why, because a pink horse is for GIRLS!!
    Ahhhh yes, you are right in that regard BUT Are you a girl? am I a girl? NO I`m a testesterone driven alpha male who wants his Swiftwind WHITE not pink
    Hmmm...which statement to believe...

(post made just for laughs. no harm intended)
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 1, 2011 at 10:08pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I was at that vote for the color of Swift Wind and I can say that was a total cluster. If I remember correctly, they gave us 2 tickets and didnt say which was for which and then they had 2 girls in a pink and a white shirt and you were supposed to drop the ticket in the box they held depending on the color you wanted. I may be a little slow, but I didnt get it completely and I just dropped a ticket in a box, I dont remember which. I hope the vote this year is a little clearer or I might be voting for some screwed up variant. I dont trust the results of any of these votes.

The pink Swiftwind will packaged with the Invisible Jet in the new MOTU/DC 2 packs SKU. The Invisible Jet will be on display at SDCC 2011. It will be the same style as the Hot Wheels version

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hmmm...which statement to believe...
    Caught him! lol
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

As I always say in threads like this:

The reason they're putting out unflocked Panthor and "Royal" Swift Wind first is because if they put out the iconic deco/version -first- then a lot of collectors would be satisfied and not buy the other version.

By putting out a variant first, you ensure that people will buy it, not knowing when/if the "correct" version comes out, and then buy the redeco later to get it.

Mattel learned this after putting out Battle Cat, watching him sell out in minutes and then realizing there's no variant of him people will buy.

Basically it's the same reason they put in very minor characters before the big names of the franchise.

We'll also see a "corrected" She-Ra which can actually sit on a horse eventually, so people will have to re-buy her too.

Since the currently unavailable Filmation Swiftwind was the one I was really interested in, I was hoping the pink horse won. Sure, Royal Swiftwind is a little closer to Filmation's version, but I wasn't going to be completely happy with either of them. At least the vintage POP fans would have been happy with the pink horse.

To be honest, I don't think we'll be getting a pink Swiftwind any more than I think we'll be getting a flocked Panthor or 2002 He-Man(at least not anytime soon).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 1, 2011 at 10:02pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I liked the character of Swiftwind on the She-Ra Filmation series. I have no memory or desire to own a pink one. It has zero appeal to me and this is coming from a dude that is anxious to get Glimmer and Frosta in his collection. It would just be too embarassing to own a pink unicorn With that being said, I am totally down for the Royal White version. That will be cool!!

As others have mentioned, I would be cool with Mattel eventually releasing the pink version BUT this offering would likely be the ONLY MOTUC's item I would have to pass on (unless they put it in the sub so that we had to purchase it). They should release it as a special variant that collectors could get outside of the all-in sub!!! The only variant of a large scale beast that I would be happy to have in the sub would be a flocked Panthor.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've got no problem buying a pink horse or pink lion. Maybe it's the artist in me, but Pink is just another color.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've got no problem buying a pink horse or pink lion. Maybe it's the artist in me, but Pink is just another color.
    Amen to that!

[/CENTER]

I would like to see Clawful with articulated claws. I would've liked to see that with Buzz-Off as well, but whatever. At least Clawful!
    Who has the Power?

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I am all for it being released to appease those that want it. I however as an artist do not want to display it as I do not see pink as a intimidating color. I want my collection to keep the more barbaric/tech tones and aspects of the line. I am not against people getting what they want though. I will just sell the figures I don't want since I am bound by the subscription to get them if they are released. It just really gets down to the fact that I don't like the color pink honestly. To me it's just a watered down red. But yeah it's all opinion.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"