Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 141

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--February 2011

  1. #76
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I wonder why Slime costs so much compared to all the usual plastic materials?
    Because the factory doesn't use it, they'd need to special-order a small batch of it without economy-of-scale discounts? Plus additional processes/machinery modifications so the factory could handle it?

  2. #77
    The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    4,621
    I liked the Cringer question, love the answer, and we are not goint to run out of cool characters in this line.

  3. #78
    Eternian Scribe Jay Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Five Lands
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I liked the Cringer question, love the answer, and we are not goint to run out of cool characters in this line.
    Yeah, it made me really hopeful too. MOTUC is all about putting out obscure characters, or like Marzo, finally getting characters into plastic form. Cringer seems like the ideal candidate!
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

  4. #79
    Court Magician thegrandchawhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apple Valley, MN
    Posts
    38

    What's in a name...?

    I agree 100%. Who cares if Mattel calls him Swiftwind, Royal Swiftwind, or even BadHorse! It's YOUR toy. Call him what you want! As for pink versus white... I belive we should wait and see the figure before we judge. At first, I was ****** about un-flocked Panthor, then I saw P-Dan's review! I love the sculpting, and wouldn't cover that up for ANYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Royal or just plain Swiftwind does not matter to me, since he will be opened and on the shelf with She-ra. What matters to me is if his name has any barring on the bio. If the name makes the bio, then I would rather have Swiftwind's bio, not Royal Swiftwind, at least not yet. And I do not want a pink Swiftwind, I was one that voted for a white Swiftwind. And will be at this years Con to Vote for a brown Kowl or yellow/gold Crystal Castle.
    Randor: He-Man! You can FLY!
    He-Man: ... No...

  5. #80
    Heroic Warrior Ravenskarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    105

    I found Shaddow Weaver featured in an old MOTU comic

    I don't understand. I dug out some old MOTU comics and found one comic featuring Shadow Weaver who, in the story, was sent from Etheria by Hordak to attack He-Man. In the front of the comic it states all characters owned by Mattel. It mentions nothing of Filmation's involvement. Another instance: there were two Ladybird books, both featuring Hordak and Shadow Weaver, yet again there was no mention of Filmation in the book's credits. What gives? I thought that she was supposed to be strictly Filmation owned. Is this just an over site on the part of Ladybird books or is Mattel keeping quiet about something?
























    (Editor's Note: We need more answers like that Clawful answer. Beats "We can't comment on anything past Catra right now")[/QUOTE]

  6. #81
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    I don't understand. I dug out some old MOTU comics and found one comic featuring Shadow Weaver who, in the story, was sent from Etheria by Hordak to attack He-Man. In the front of the comic it states all characters owned by Mattel. It mentions nothing of Filmation's involvement. Another instance: there were two Ladybird books, both featuring Hordak and Shadow Weaver, yet again there was no mention of Filmation in the book's credits. What gives? I thought that she was supposed to be strictly Filmation owned. Is this just an over site on the part of Ladybird books or is Mattel keeping quiet about something?
    Sorry fella, Shadow Weaver was created by Filmation so as she didn't appear in the style guide, mini comics or myp she's out of bounds
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  7. #82
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,332
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrandchawhee View Post
    I agree 100%. Who cares if Mattel calls him Swiftwind, Royal Swiftwind, or even BadHorse! It's YOUR toy. Call him what you want! As for pink versus white... I belive we should wait and see the figure before we judge. At first, I was ****** about un-flocked Panthor, then I saw P-Dan's review! I love the sculpting, and wouldn't cover that up for ANYTHING!
    I think that calling him "Swiftwind" when he's really Royal Swiftwind might translate into fans just wanting only the white variant--the white variant becoming the main version of the character--which is akin to Red Beast Man substituting regular "Beast Man". If the fans want the horse to be called "Royal Swiftwind" then, they could want the original pink Swiftwind eventually.

    Swiftwind is the first character that has the variant released before the original figure. Another double standard when it comes to POP as opposed to MOTU.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  8. #83
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,841
    New answers are up over at Matty. Most notable, Evil Lyn will be re-released in March.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior Ravenskarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    105
    Follow this link:

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/...f142107ba2.jpg
    If you have a copy of this book you'll find no mention.
    Last edited by Ravenskarr; February 8, 2011 at 08:17pm.

  10. #85
    Heroic Warrior Donimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, OH
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Follow this link:

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/...f142107ba2.jpg
    If you have a copy of this book you'll find no mention.
    However, as it's been stated many times before, Shadow Weaver was created by Filmation. Mattel doesn't have the rights for that reason presently.

  11. #86
    Villainous Jerk RavenousPuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gumdrop Mountain
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrandchawhee View Post
    I agree 100%. Who cares if Mattel calls him Swiftwind, Royal Swiftwind, or even BadHorse!
    Badhorse, the thoroughbred of sin?

  12. #87
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,841
    New answers up over at Matty. Most notably, no Weapons Pak in 2011.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior chuck20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    Badhorse, the thoroughbred of sin?
    Thought the same!

    **Please read and follow forum rules on posting non-embedded YouTube videos. Thanks. **

  14. #89
    Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,012
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    New answers up over at Matty. Most notably, no Weapons Pak in 2011.
    That blows no Weapons Pak in 2011. I really liked the last 2. They are a good way to spice up the line. One a year wouldve been a good thing too. It isn't too hard for Mattel to create them. Maybe they are lacking in existing accessories to recolor for future Paks.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

  15. #90
    The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    4,621
    Maybe a new item this year. Stands or something.

  16. #91
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

    Swiftwind is the first character that has the variant released before the original figure. Another double standard when it comes to POP as opposed to MOTU.
    Post of the Week! Bravo MGM!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  17. #92
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    New answers up over at Matty. Most notably, no Weapons Pak in 2011.
    This saddens me. But I take comfort in knowing that the 2 recolored weapons I want the absolute most will be released with the weapons rack: Wun-Dar's red sword and axe.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  18. #93
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Maybe a new item this year. Stands or something.
    What he actually said is that the weapons rack IS 2011's weapons pak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Maybe they are lacking in existing accessories to recolor for future Paks.
    That, and maybe they're beginning to get worried about hitting saturation point. After all, allowing for the pak/rack switch, a MotUC completist is on the hook for an extra $50-70 + (non-trivial) shipping costs for the vehicle and a fourth variant figure this year. If they want to keep the line going, they have to be aware that people have a limit on what they can afford - a sub is $450+shipping. Add Palace Guards, vehicle, SDCC figure and weapons rack, and that's another ~$120+shipping, without duplicates. And they've explicitly stated they want the majority of MotUC customers to buy everything, pointing to JLU for what happens when they don't..
    Last edited by Reboot; February 11, 2011 at 09:27am.

  19. #94
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Swiftwind is the first character that has the variant released before the original figure. Another double standard when it comes to POP as opposed to MOTU.
    If you're basing this on how they've previously looked, I think that "honor" goes to Panthor. Also, as much as I like the POP characters, they are being merged into Masters Of The Universe(the same as NA is) and not the other way around. While it sucks for the fans of those toylines, neither one is going to be treated as equals to the original MOTU. Maybe if MOTU ever goes back to retail, POP will get a relaunch as well in a style closer to that of the original toyline's.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  20. #95
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If you're basing this on how they've previously looked, I think that "honor" goes to Panthor. Also, as much as I like the POP characters, they are being merged into Masters Of The Universe(the same as NA is) and not the other way around. While it sucks for the fans of those toylines, neither one is going to be treated as equals to the original MOTU. Maybe if MOTU ever goes back to retail, POP will get a relaunch as well in a style closer to that of the original toyline's.
    No, I think he's basing it on them releasing "Royal Swiftwind" before "Swiftwind".
    Which isn't the same as just changing something about the figure.
    It would be like releasing Battle Armor Skeletor before Skeletor.

    That said, I agree with the rest of your post.
    And I'll reiterate that while I understand it; it does suck for fans of those properties.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  21. #96
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,332
    I've posted new stuff!

    As for the Clawful head, we could get a variant of Clawful with his 200X head if you show your support and discuss it here:

    200X Variants of Characters Thread

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,533
    I find their inflexibility over extra heads very annoying, especially as they have not replaced the extra heads with Mini-comics. At first we were told it was a choice between extra heads or mini-comics. Now they have scrapped the extra heads we still have no comics!
    Clawful is in desperate need for an extra head with an updated look.

  23. #98
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I find their inflexibility over extra heads very annoying, especially as they have not replaced the extra heads with Mini-comics. At first we were told it was a choice between extra heads or mini-comics. Now they have scrapped the extra heads we still have no comics!
    Clawful is in desperate need for an extra head with an updated look.
    Rodster, we'll still get extra heads...just not 200X extra heads. Mattel has singled them out because they presumably think that they can sell variants of the main characters.

    Perhaps this is why they are going through the main characters so quickly--we'll buy the main characters all over in their 200X incarnations. Of course, this is only a theory.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  24. #99
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That blows no Weapons Pak in 2011. I really liked the last 2. They are a good way to spice up the line. One a year wouldve been a good thing too. It isn't too hard for Mattel to create them. Maybe they are lacking in existing accessories to recolor for future Paks.
    I think they don't want to milk it too much. If you wait another year you will have 1-2 more weapons paks to sell in 2012
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  25. #100
    Born Villain dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    2,783
    If actual slime is too expensive for Slimepit He-Man, maybe they could do something similar to the slimed versions of the new Ghostbusters figures.

    It's not the best, but it's better than not getting Slimepit He-Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've posted new stuff!

    As for the Clawful head, we could get a variant of Clawful with his 200X head if you show your support and discuss it here:

    200X Variants of Characters Thread
    I've always thought that Mattel would release 200X versions of characters eventually. I believe it even more-so, now that the 200X heads have been nixed. That is also the reason that I dislike figures like Hordak that are a mixture of vintage/200X. Releasing a mixed style figure drastically lessens the chance that a totally vintage or totally 200X figure will be released later.

    I highly prefer the vintage designs over the 200X designs, however, I'd be very happy to see both versions released to please all fans.

    With that said, I went over to your thread to post my support for the 200X designs, and what do I see? Post after post of people bashing the vintage designs. It's one thing to say that you don't like them, but calling them moronic, stupid, ugly,etc., is just plain childish. Not to mention, it made me decide not to post my support for the idea.
    Last edited by dedset13; February 17, 2011 at 11:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •