Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--February 2011

Posted February 19, 2011 07:34 PM
    Hi Toyguru,

Do you have any idea when the "secret accessories" for Man-E-Faces and Megator will be announced? You don't have to be date specific, but approximately; like this month or the next, etc. I have no problem waiting for the news, but it helps when I have an idea on when I'm gonna find out, haha.

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Posted February 19, 2011 09:06 PM Hide Post
    Actually, we might just let fans discover them when opening the package!
    Thought this might be interesting, I actually like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Thought this might be interesting, I actually like this idea.
    That would be interesting except for the fact that the secret will be out the second Dan puts up his review. So unless they sent out the review batch on purpose without the secret accessories then I don't see the point.

Although I'd love to see PD do a review and have the secret accessories taken out and a post-it covering the slot they were in and have it say something like 'cool toy piece goes here'
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    What bcrduke is saying is BG Teela could have been the Teela in the original mini comics. Yes, the look is of the DC Comics Teela but it could have been made to work with the current MOTUC story.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't DC also have a hand in the original mini-comics as well.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't DC also have a hand in the original mini-comics as well.
    I am not 100% sure but I think their involvement came later in the line. I am sure someone else could confirm either way

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sunday morning brings us new answers!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I don't think they are getting our point about the Faceless ones inner hood as the answer's they give always refer to the head deco or sculpt and not the inner hood!
    Give the fans what they want, just paint the inner hood black please, or why not just paint Skeletor's face blue while your at it?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I guess NOTHING will be changed regarding the Faceless One, at this point.

And since NOTHING can be changed in a timeframe that is LESS than 6 months, and since all sculpts are "final", I guess what we saw at NYTF is what we'll get.

Mattel has found the trick not to be bugged by "annoying fans" : show the new reveals less than 6 months before they actually go on sale, and claim that all sculpts are final...

Sad... very sad.

P.S. : good news about the mini comic purple werewolf ! I added him to my list of possible MOTUC characters...

I picked up a Skeletor that has the first run left hand but also a "The Original" startburst on it.

Can you please tell me how this would have happened?

This was the version sold at SDCC (due to the wrong hand being used we didn't want to sell this version online) giving fans the choice to purchase this version in person.

This answer cracks me up. They take the ethical approach by not selling an open-handed Skeletor online, but decide to sell online the Goddess figure with many reports of how fragile and breakable the plastic is, and also sell Roboto with reversed shoulders.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I don't think they are getting our point about the Faceless ones inner hood as the answer's they give always refer to the head deco or sculpt and not the inner hood!
    Give the fans what they want, just paint the inner hood black please, or why not just paint Skeletor's face blue while your at it?
    My guess would be the black hood "set-off" the color of the head differently than the purple.
    Randor: He-Man! You can FLY!
    He-Man: ... No...

I think that it would look better with a closed mouth and black-painted inner hood
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 9, 2011 at 02:17am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I can't understand why they wouldn't reissue the first weapons pak, it sold out in less than an hour, and would just be a reissue as a figure.
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    This answer cracks me up. They take the ethical approach by not selling an open-handed Skeletor online, but decide to sell online the Goddess figure with many reports of how fragile and breakable the plastic is, and also sell Roboto with reversed shoulders.
    Only a fraction of the reissue Skeletors had open hands, and they were clearly identfiable. At the con, you could see what you were getting, but if they sold them online they'd be a de facto chase variant.

In contrast, virtually ALL of the Robotos have reversed shoulders (a few may have been mistakenly put the right way round), and anywhere from a third to all of the Goddesses were faulty, with no way of telling which were so except by opening the package/bashing the package around.

The spin by Mattel that is CONTINUOUSLY put on the Faceless One issue is seriously ridiculous.

I can only imagine that they don't read anything here anymore since there's one MAJOR problem with what we keep hearing about all of these heads and experiments with the paint schemes......

We've ALREADY done the experimenting ourselves and have seen via photo-shop what it would look like with the alterations!!

Their argument makes NO sense on that merit alone!

We had a whole thread on the matter and I don't even think that one person objected against at the LEAST, the black inner hood. It's seriously a night and day difference.

Who are they trying to fool with what they're saying?

Black is such a flat colour that it is possible that the purple looks better inside the hood. I would love Mattel to show us the other variations they tested.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Only one new question this time for you Faceless One fans.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

They really are not going to listen to the fans on this one