Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.148!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.148!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 148 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Count Judas.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. MegaGearMax: Just as Filmation Hordak being a repaint of vintage Hordak was disappointing to a number of Filmation fans, Battleground Evil-Lyn being a repainted Evil-Lyn was disappointing to a number of 200x fans. What are the chances of getting a proper 200x Evil-Lyn in the future?

We understand the disappointment. If that figure is in high demand, we can definitely look into adding her to the line. With the current direction of the MOTUC Fans' Choice, that is where your requests can come to life. It just needs to have substantial support and noise from He-Fans for it to move to the top.

2. Uncle Jake: How committed is Mattel to completing the vintage New Adventures of He-Man characters?

We think there are great characters from that world, and the Horsemen have done an amazing job updating the designs, so it really just depends on how they perform in 2016. We have two NA characters in the Fans' Choice sub with Darius and Crita, so let's see how they do.

3. Jubilation: Now that all the vintage POP heroic females are close to being done, are you aware of the demand from a number of fans for the heroic female POP character Granita?

Yes we are. It would be great to finish the Rock People.

4. Count Judas: With the possible rebranding of the line in 2016, will the new Mattel team offer fun and creative incentives for those who order next year's subscription? Perhaps something like a customer voted character vehicle, or picking a color choice for an upcoming release, or choosing what will be included in a new weapons or heads pack?

We are open to doing some new and fun things with the line, but just not sure what. Those are all great ideas to think about.

5. Jeevesosiris: The ankle articulation on MOTUC figures has become more and more limited, something made more problematic with the frequent loss of the boot cut articulation on a lot of the more unique sculpts we have been getting in the line. This loss of articulation is a real hindrance when it comes to posing. For 2016, will the ankle articulation be looked into and improved?

This issue is already on our radar and we are adjusting this in every figure that we can.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 150!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 148 questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Answer #5 seems the one to be the most optimistic about. Maybe #3 a little bit too (Granita!)

The answers to 1 and 2 just continue to fuel my anxiety about the success of Collector's Choice.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

2. Uncle Jake: How committed is Mattel to completing the vintage New Adventures of He-Man characters?

We think there are great characters from that world, and the Horsemen have done an amazing job updating the designs, so it really just depends on how they perform in 2016. We have two NA characters in the Fans' Choice sub with Darius and Crita, so let's see how they do.
    We will actually have 3 (Darius, Crita, and Tuskador), which I am thrilled about!!!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

I am excited for the inclusion of Crita, Darius, and Tuskador in the 2016 sub.

I hope that more NA figures are offered - both vintage figures (Butt-Head and Staghorn), as well as other Jetlag figures (Master Sebrian and Mutant Troopers).
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    We will actually have 3 (Darius, Crita, and Tuskador), which I am thrilled about!!!
    Yeah, my poor Tuskador gets no respect!
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I am excited for the inclusion of Crita, Darius, and Tuskador in the 2016 sub.

I hope that more NA figures are offered - both vintage figures (Butt-Head and Staghorn), as well as other Jetlag figures (Master Sebrian and Mutant Troopers).
    Yes! We must have Master Sebrian!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I know. Poor guy!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Like these answers. I wasn't an NA fan back in 2008, but I have loved so many of the MOTUC releases. Bring 'em all on!

We need Granita. She is a must.

Folks, it's time to get noisy about Shezar! She'd be a gorgeous and cool addition to the line!

Good round. Granita is my most wanted figure yet to be announced. She's ESSENTIAL! I'm THRILLED we're getting THREE NA figures next year. I really hope Tuskador uses a bigger buck like Ram-Man.

Great news about the ankle articulation as well. It really helps just stand these figures UP sometimes.

And finally, YAAAAAAAS, we WANT a 200x Evil-Lyn!!!! The best idea I saw was doing a 2-pack of 200x Evil-Lyn & Sorceress. That would sell like MAD!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I have no problem with ankles, they are certainly not problimatic. What I have noticed is that they are better and better, with a far less occasion of weak ankles, which was our primary problem. So they mostly solved that.

I would not want them to change anything to make them more flexible. If the question is about ankle rockers and they not having them, it was not excplicitly stated and I can get behind that, a bit. I miss them where they are not present. However if that leads to weak ankes, I do not miss it.

As per usual I dissagree with the need for a "True" 200x Evil Lyn and love what I have. I will pick one up if made, sure, but I do not want to waste the slot. I bow to the wisdom of people getting it in a collector line later on and that we wont waste prescious spots on needless redoes like that.

If they do a "Club 200x" in 2017 lets say similar to thier "Club Filmation" this year, though much like Club Filmation I do not particularly want it, I will support it. But other than that I think it will prove that She is not important enough to take a 6 person slot in a 2017 Collectors choice. We'll see and fair enough if they do.

I find the "creative incentives" a really weird bizzare question. They dont really need our input about these kind of choices, and if they do they'll ask. I do not see the connection to "incentive". I feel like we do not really need incentives to be creative, and our creativity is immaterial to Mattel.

Mostly this round was to show they are aware of things, and that since we got all the 2016 info up front, we basically do not have "future" questions that need asked at this point. FAR to early.

We need questions about what is already future 2016 type questions. Anything else is reversion to "wait and see"

- - - Updated - - -

Right? Sure, though far more interesting than most of the NA Heroes he's absolutely terrible, but that doesnt warrent being forgotten about! I was surprised that he not included in the numbers.

Aside from the KH torso mess, I'm glad they are answering our questions with a friendly and positive manner.

1. C&D Evil-Lyn vs 200x Sorceress would be a great pack to offer in the near future. Let's continue making that noise!

2. So glad to acknowledge NA to the new team and having 3 characters in 2016 makes me optimistic that vintage NA can be completed, plus Master Sebrian.

3. Yes! Granita is in their radar!

4. This question was asked prior to sdcc and it's disappointing to know that the new team are not keeping up with any of this year's subscription incentives, i.e. the non EA post sdcc sale and the hiss torso screw up. Creative things to make the subscription more fan involved could be what the examples I stated in my question. If we get Roton (fans can choose vintage or monogram colors), any future weapons packs decided by us and not a designer with a fondness for the color green. Dragstor has a black torso, why? fan input is needed in regards to these things and hopefully the new team acknowledges it as much if not better than the old one.

5. Ankle rockers are a huge plus, especially with the loss of upper boot articulation on many figures now. Glad they are addressing that issue.
    Last edited by Count Judas; August 1, 2015 at 01:48am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Heroic Warrior
    Round here he does, the man's a cross between a space adventurer, an american football player and an elephant, that wins respect in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Folks, it's time to get noisy about Shezar! She'd be a gorgeous and cool addition to the line!
    hear, hear!

Nothing much of interest to me this time around - good to see they're aware of Granita's popularity, I mean they said that about Crita and she's coming so it bodes well for Granita fans. Not totally excited about the NA answer as NA always sells badly but with Darius and Crita (hopefully) on the way I'm actually satisfied for NA 'must haves' (I would still rather like just about everyone else though, especially Sagitar, Lizorr and Drissi). Hiss-teria has clearly had an effect because I'm not sure I trust their answer to #4, I'll believe it - and join if dirty limeys like me can join in, when I see it.

3. Jubilation: Now that all the vintage POP heroic females are close to being done, are you aware of the demand from a number of fans for the heroic female POP character Granita?

Yes we are. It would be great to finish the Rock People.
    The answer is okay and asa Granita fan i´m glad she is still on Mattels list but i consider the two Rock Warriors from the mini comics as part of the Rock People so saying once Granita is released that finishes up the Rock people is a little disappointing to me.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think these are all good answers, but I'm confused about the "let's see how the NA figures sell" part. They sell subscriptions...which means you buy ALL the figures. I suppose they could mean "day of sale" stock, but I thought that was extremely small, any more. *shrugs*

Also, I just wanted to add, please, PLEASE make Illumina. I would also like Songster, She-Zar and Crimson Fury. Thank you.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thanks Count Judas for picking my ?

I'll take my NA answer, but it's not that exciting of an answer. Here's hoping that the DOS sells out for those characters and the new team decides to hit another 2 figures at least for 2017.

I was hoping more for a NA mini-sub hint, but no such luck. And the answer has me worried for the prospects now.

Man, I will be so bummed if we never complete NA.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think these are all good answers, but I'm confused about the "let's see how the NA figures sell" part. They sell subscriptions...which means you buy ALL the figures. I suppose they could mean "day of sale" stock, but I thought that was extremely small, any more. *shrugs*
    I think if the speculation about no sub minimum is correct, this would make far more sense. They would still have to produce a certain minimum to hold the $24.00 price point. If they sell far less subs than normal, the DOS is what they will use to determine success or failure of a certain figure.

I'm slightly more optimistic about Granita happening one day now. Glad she's on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I have no problem with ankles, they are certainly not problimatic. What I have noticed is that they are better and better, with a far less occasion of weak ankles, which was our primary problem. So they mostly solved that.

I would not want them to change anything to make them more flexible. If the question is about ankle rockers and they not having them, it was not excplicitly stated and I can get behind that, a bit. I miss them where they are not present. However if that leads to weak ankes, I do not miss it.

As per usual I dissagree with the need for a "True" 200x Evil Lyn and love what I have. I will pick one up if made, sure, but I do not want to waste the slot. I bow to the wisdom of people getting it in a collector line later on and that we wont waste prescious spots on needless redoes like that.

If they do a "Club 200x" in 2017 lets say similar to thier "Club Filmation" this year, though much like Club Filmation I do not particularly want it, I will support it. But other than that I think it will prove that She is not important enough to take a 6 person slot in a 2017 Collectors choice. We'll see and fair enough if they do.

I find the "creative incentives" a really weird bizzare question. They dont really need our input about these kind of choices, and if they do they'll ask. I do not see the connection to "incentive". I feel like we do not really need incentives to be creative, and our creativity is immaterial to Mattel.

Mostly this round was to show they are aware of things, and that since we got all the 2016 info up front, we basically do not have "future" questions that need asked at this point. FAR to early.

We need questions about what is already future 2016 type questions. Anything else is reversion to "wait and see"

- - - Updated - - -

Right? Sure, though far more interesting than most of the NA Heroes he's absolutely terrible, but that doesnt warrent being forgotten about! I was surprised that he not included in the numbers.

The figures have never had stability problems with the ankle rockers. If anything, good ankle rockers improve stability. The part that has traditionally given trouble is the back and forth, the rocker doesn't really affect that.

Was the King Hsss issue addressed, or was that off the table?

In a way, I'm torn- I want more New Adventures, but if I don't subscribe, and they make A Butthead or Hoove in the future, that'll be frustrating :/
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Are we sure Tuskador is even coming? Did someone perhaps misinterpret the SDCC reveals? I feel like we would have had something on the figure already.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    1. MegaGearMax: Just as Filmation Hordak being a repaint of vintage Hordak was disappointing to a number of Filmation fans, Battleground Evil-Lyn being a repainted Evil-Lyn was disappointing to a number of 200x fans. What are the chances of getting a proper 200x Evil-Lyn in the future?

We understand the disappointment. If that figure is in high demand, we can definitely look into adding her to the line. With the current direction of the MOTUC Fans' Choice, that is where your requests can come to life. It just needs to have substantial support and noise from He-Fans for it to move to the top.

4. Count Judas: With the possible rebranding of the line in 2016, will the new Mattel team offer fun and creative incentives for those who order next year's subscription? Perhaps something like a customer voted character vehicle, or picking a color choice for an upcoming release, or choosing what will be included in a new weapons or heads pack?

We are open to doing some new and fun things with the line, but just not sure what. Those are all great ideas to think about.

So if the new Collector's Choice line is where our requests can come to life, exactly what system is Mattel using to determine what figures are the most demanded by the fans/customers, forum posts, personal requests at conventions, previous sales numbers? Every character no matter how obscure has some support on a dedicated board like this, but don't they need to determine what the larger customer base really wants?

They had subscribers vote for the fan choice figure that brought us Geldor, so if they have the capability to poll us directly why guess? I love the idea of voting for a new vehicle, or weapons pack, but why not have us straight up vote for a 2017 lineup? It would be another reason for collectors to subscribe and provide the most accurate results possible for what customers would like to see in the coming year.

Personally I wasn't always a fan of Scott's best guesses about what figures we'd like to see included in the sub, Nepthu, King He-Man, UNO, Dare, for example. Hopefully the new team will be open to more direct communication with us about what figures are truly the most demanded for 2017 and beyond.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar

200X Evil-Lyn fans aren't happy with their 200X Evil-Lyn figure, 200X cartoon accurate Evil-Lyn staction, and MOTUC Battleground Evil-Lyn? There's a shocker. Not to mention there's a classic colors version and most likely a Filmation 'accurate' one on the way.

I would have asked about a completely new character or an awesome beast from the mythos, clearly that question would have been wasted, I'd be outnumbered by people expressing disappointment/supporting the release of more of the same thing.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 2, 2015 at 04:37am.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter Not that creativity is actually valued here.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler View Post
    Was the King Hsss issue addressed, or was that off the table?

In a way, I'm torn- I want more New Adventures, but if I don't subscribe, and they make A Butthead or Hoove in the future, that'll be frustrating :/
    My understanding is that these questions are answered on a bi-weekly basis, so these are all from about 2 weeks ago, before we knew what was going on with the torso. I'm sure there will be plenty of questions about what happened there in the next batch.

As for NA figures, apart from Optikk, they have all consistently had some of the cheapest prices on the secondary market of any MOTUC figures. I think I've seen Flipshot go for around $10. If the figures you want ever are released, It will probably be cheaper for you to get them off eBay than through the subscription.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    200X Evil fans aren't happy with their 200X Evil-Lyn figure, 200X cartoon accurate Evil-Lyn staction, and MOTUC Battleground Evil-Lyn? There's a shocker. Not to mention there's a classic colors version and most likely a Filmation 'accurate' one on the way.

I would have asked about a completely new character or an awesome beast from the mythos, clearly that question would have been wasted, I'd be outnumbered by people expressing disappointment/supporting the release of more of the same thing.
    I had a very unpleasant deja vue feeling while reading almost each & every one of these;
    and i have to sadly agree with you.
    A lot of fans seem to have big difficulties to get satisfied with certain offers made so far,
    variants being the number one topic.
    I was terrified when i found out some of the most desired Filmation accurate characters lately;
    Prince Adam, Shadow Weaver (well, especially the latter...)the licence might get through hard
    times by trying or even justify to get them back to life!
    Now, 2000X & DC may have their share of suprises.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; August 1, 2015 at 03:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I'm slightly more optimistic about Granita happening one day now. Glad she's on the radar.
    Me too. They were less enthusiastic about Hunga on the other hand (also essential).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    I read "Let's see how they do" as a reminder that there's a warehouse full of unsold NA figures. They'll be watching the day of sales, not the subscriptions.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk