Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beast Man VS Grizzlor! Who would win..?

Beast Man VS Grizzlor! Who would win..?

I wandered the shady jungles of ebay, again, last night. It is a dangerous place to be, but, since I am late comer to this, most awesome of toylines, I have to go there to further increase my collection.

I was hunting the two most savage, ferocious characters, this time around, Beast Man and Grizzlor.
    Now, Grizzlor, I encountered, straight away, but Beast Man, proved a much more elusive creature. When I, at last, found him, I knew it would cost me dearly...

They are both on their way to my work desk, now. Grizzlor for the price of $36.00 plus $21.74 shipping. And Beast Man for no less than $155.95 plus $42.15 shipping.

So, as a collector's item, Beast Man apparently knocks Grizzlor, right out of the park.

But, in hand to hand combat, who would win?

As stated before, I consider Beast Man and Grizzlor to be the two most savage, ferocious and barbaric creatures to appear in MOTU, and I certainly do not think of any of them as the blundering fools, they may have been portrayed as, in children's cartoons. Especially Beast Man has to have quite a decent brain, being able to control both animals and other warriors. But will his, apparent advantage in brain power, be sufficent against Grizzlor's brute force and protective fur?

In this, ultimate clash of ferociousness and savagery, who would win? I await your decisions...

Personally, I consider Grizzlor to be stronger and more skilled with various weapons - at least this MotUC version, since he has all these weapons. If they were crude weapons I'd say he was just swinging them around, but they're pretty nice, and well thought out. A hatchet, a longsword, and an axe. Covers all your needs. This guy is a skilled hunter and fighter!

Beast Man is SAVAGE, and probably a good hand-to-hand fighter in terms of wildness. In a straight fight, I think Grizzlor would win. BUT...Beast Man has control over just about any beast. It totally depends on what is around! And...are we certain Beast Man couldn't attune himself to Grizzlor's baser instincts? Of course, I have no way of proving that, so I'll just say that it comes down to however many animals Beast Man has to control, and what KIND of animals. Otherwise, he would be backed into a corner by Grizzlor's centuries of skill (if we're going with the fact that Hordak has stretched his life unnaturally).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by smaug View Post
    But, in hand to hand combat, who would win?

As stated before, I consider Beast Man and Grizzlor to be the two most savage, ferocious and barbaric creatures to appear in MOTU, and I certainly do not think of any of them as the blundering fools, they may have been portrayed as, in children's cartoons. Especially Beast Man has to have quite a decent brain, being able to control both animals and other warriors. But will his, apparent advantage in brain power, be sufficent against Grizzlor's brute force and protective fur?

In this, ultimate clash of ferociousness and savagery, who would win? I await your decisions...
    Grizzlor appears to be more of a weapons expert, whereas Beastman can control animals. If Beastman's powers can be used on Grizzlor, then it's no contest. But assuming Beastman cannot control Grizzlor, that's a tough one. But I've give the edge to Beastman just because I prefer the character.

If beastman can control Goat-man and man-e-faces then surely he can control Grizzlor, so it's no contest.

Grizzlor for the win. He is THE monster IMO. Beastman is cool but Grizzlor looks like a killer and has a mastery of weapons. I can see him whipping Beastman's hind end before putting on his Fright Zone snake cape and proudly walking off the battlefield.

It depends what media you are going for.

For example in FILMATION:

Beast-man vs Grizzlor

The winner would be Imp. Beast-Man or Grizzlor would fall or drop or do something stupid and in the end the weakest would win and thatīs Imp since he is smarter and more devious
    Last edited by Niki; March 24, 2014 at 04:28pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Beastman! He will call an army of Serpinataurs and Shadow Beasts and the fight is over.

I would also say Beastman. He just sits back drinking a margarita and watches his minions beat down Grizzlor. One on One though... Grizzlor would own Beastman.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Beastman would just stand off to the side while using his mojo on Grizzlor...

"Stop hitting yourself, Grizzlor! Haha! Why do you hit yourself? Haha!"
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Court Magician OptimusOfGrayskull's Avatar
    Who would win between Grizzlor and Beastman?

The Mighty Spector!

Beast Man would be able to control Grizzlor.

Beast man FTW.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

If Beastman can control Grizzlor then he wins. If he cannot then I think the savage hunter takes the win.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Maybe I should make a wrestling match between them for my shoot ! I guess Mr.Grizz cannot win on his own against Beasty. If any of the horde member in his corner.......... things could be different !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Warrior
    Grizzlor is a brain washed and brain controlled child.

I doubt any "skills" Grizzlor has is because of Hordak and Horde Technology.

Filmation Beastman was an ambitious lacky with his own goals.

Classics Beastman is a rebel who got kicked out.

In Grizzlor's current state Beastman wouldn't be able to control him.

Beastman wouldn't need to use his animal powers. He'd just use his (electric) whip and his savagery fighting skills.

Beastman for the winner.

If you call beating a child a winner.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Grizzlor is Beast man taken to the ultimate degree. In a fight of pure naked savagery Grizzlor dines on Beast Man stew.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The winner would be Skeletor or Hordak; either would have one less flea dip a month to give to their respective warriors, saving considerable resources that can be put to better use spreading fear and mayhem. Hordak would be especially pleased, as he'd no longer have to worry about all that hair he has to keep picking off the Fright Zone. Old bone head wouldn't get off quite as well on that count, as he has at least one other furry minion I can think of to muck up his vacuum cleaner during shedding season...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Beastman. All. Day. Long. Evil Warriors are the original ganstas.

I think it would be a close battle, but Beastman all the way.

I think Grizzlor is stronger and that's all he brings to the table over Beastman (and I don't think he's that much stronger).

In all incarnations of the character Beastman is one of the strongest individuals on Eternia pound for pound. He's strong enough to go toe to toe with He-Man himself.

In MVC/MYP Beastman was like Sabretooth. He was not only extremely strong, but he was fast and agile. I remember the one MYP cartoon where Beastman was swinging around the dungeons of Snake Mountain on the chains.

In all the artwork, Beastman is routinely displayed leaping and swinging. Beastman is a very powerful and mobile fighter - nothing about the Grizzlor screams agile to me.

So while Grizzlor is probably a bit stronger, Beastman is undoubtedly faster and more limber in a fight. That easily makes up the slight strength disparity.

Secondly, Beastman is undoubtedly more intelligent. Beastman is no rocket scientist, but he does possess an animal's basic cunning, heightened senses (sight, smell, hearing), combined with man-like intelligence. Hence the name - Beastman.

In the original mini-comics Grizzlor was portrayed as very bestial with hardly any intelligence. In Filmation Grizzlor was again portrayed as less intelligent than Beastman.

We've seen Beastman plan and use his wits in battle. He did a pretty good job of hunting MAA (one of the smartest and deadliest warriors on Eternia) down in MYP episode with Sy-Klone. He was smart enough to take control of Man-E-Faces. And in Filmation Beastman was shown to have some ambition and and even resentment against Skeletor.

Nothing like that for Grizzlor.

Far from it, in the classics canon, Grizzlor is a brainwashed child, an idea I reject, but it is one official bio for the character.

Lastly, Beastman has his powers. He can control other beasts and monsters. I actually never thought of it, but since Beastman can control Man-E-Monster, he should be able to control the less intelligent Grizzlor.

In my opinion, the only advantage Grizzlor has is slightly more strength.

Beastman trumps him in every other area: agility, speed, intelligence, and the power to control beasts and monsters. So while Grizzlor is probably stronger, Beastman is still easily strong enough to compete with Grizzlor physically since he does go toe to toe with He-Man.

I love Grizzlor, but in my opinion Beastman takes it in a straight up fight.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; March 26, 2014 at 03:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    If beastman can control Goat-man and man-e-faces then surely he can control Grizzlor, so it's no contest.
    I have to agree with Raziel443, Beastman's power would win all day, everyday.
    I don't just have the power...I AM THE POWER!

Grizzlor could rip Beastman to shreds and would probably eat him, raw. Grizzlor could probably deal with creatures Beastman would summon with brute force or trap setting.

Despite Grizzlor's ability, I say Beastman. Beastman has more to fight for. I think a battle with Grizzlor would push Beastman to his limits and leave him near death, but I think he has a whole humanity kinda' thing that could drive him further.

Goat mans bio clearly states that beastman has control of very few intelligent upright species meaning the g'hoat are A very special case

Heroic Warrior
    Grizzly Bear vs. rabid Orangutan. My money is on the bear. In addition to his strength and probably being a better fighter, Grizzlor is equipped with much better weapons. Sure, a whip can cause a lot of pain (although I imagine Grizzlor's thick fur would blunt even that to some degree), but against a crossbow, axe, and oversized machete? Not much of a contest.

If we're talking MYP specific Beastman, that might be a little different. That version was huge. Then again, I would bet that if we had properly gotten to see MYP Grizzlor in action, he would also be huge, and fast (everyone was fast in MYP), and probably strong as hell.

Also, everyone in MYP was super strong. I pretty clearly remember Teela throwing Whiplash on his back like it was nothing.

Edit: I forgot the mind control aspect. I think it might be overrated. Man-E-Faces only fell for it because of his self-esteem issues, and managed to overcome it later. I don't know that it would be the auto-win some people are treating it as.

Beastman!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app