Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Love for a Cartoon Snake Mountain - Show your Support

Court Magician

Any Love for a Cartoon Snake Mountain - Show your Support

At SDCC Mattel showed us a fantastic Snake Mountain for Motu Classic and most people seemed to be blown away.

But according to this poll (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cussion-Thread) most voted for the Filmation Version.

In my opinion, the Cartoon Design was so epic and i always wanted a Snake Mountain that matches the Cartoon.

I must admit that i even like the 200x Version better....and i always hoped the Motu Classic Snake Mountain would look like the MYP Version, becaus this was the Design which was used in all medias in the last 14 years, i.e. the DC Comics, the video game or in the Motu Mini Toyline.
    It just looks so much better.

So, who would buy a MYP Style Snake Mountain (or a Filmation)???
    Maybe it could be called "Temple of Serpos" or "Preternia Snake Mountain".

The one Mattel decided to go with is perfect. As long as they don't downsize it. It's practically a mashup of the vintage playset and Filmation. I can't wait for it.

The one Mattel showed was ok, but not Filmation enough for me. It was more based on the vintage toy.

Changes they could make would be for the snake head to be bigger and form a doorway into the mountain (I don't expect it to be exactly spot on scale wise with Filmation, but I'd like the mountain part to include the Filmation features. I don't like the gated doorway at the top at all.
    6 characters I still need: 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

Court Magician
    This would be the Version i would go for.
    Maybe with some extra snakes you could create a "King Hssss Snake Mountain":

256640.jpg

I quite like the one they showed. And, with all of the investment going in to producing this thing we are only ever getting one. I understand the sentiment and wanting the one you prefer, but it's too late to call for a Filmation version or a 200x version - they've already sculpted this version and there's just no chance they'll produce a second Snake Mountain toy in this line.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yup, I like the prototype they showed at SDCC. It's great.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    The one showed at SDCC is so great that I do not need Filmation

I LOVE what they showed t the Con..... LOVE it!!... and thats all the snake Mt. I need!
    : We are honored to have with us a revolutionary of a different caliber. He has revolted. Resisted. Fought. Held fast. Maintained. Destroyed resistance. Overcome coercion. The right to be a Person, Someone, or Individual. We applaud his private war and concede that despite materialistic efforts he has survived intact and secure. All that remains is recognition of a Man.

Widget
    I am totally satisfied with what was shown at SDCC. What I want to know, is if it will have a payment plan or X amount for Pre Order than the rest before it ships.

What would be cool, is a Snake Mountain Sub. $80 to sub in, and $25-$30 each month. So, by Christmas its paid off and ships out!

Filmation is cool but would never work due to scale, and doesn't have enough displayability for figures
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I really like what they showed on SDCC ! However, that green snake deco was bit annoying. How about dark stand alone purple from the mountain ?

Man..... that would be awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

I would have preferred a Filmation version as I never liked the toy version and thought it looked silly but I think the one revealed has enough elements to satisfy both fans of the old toy and the cartoon.

I would've absolutely preferred a more filmation version, but vintage purists would never stand for it, so I knew for a fact I would not be getting that version. I've always hated and still do hate that monster face in the vintage and current Snake mountain. I'm just glad to finally be getting an interior rather than a dumb empty shell on the inside. The gated top of the mountain I always thought sucked too, but oh well, I don't always get my way.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I think the combo they came up with is pretty good. The only thing better IMO would have been one closer to what Icon Heroes did…but then again it's in the round.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I definitely would have preferred a straight-up Filmation Snake Mountain or even a 200X one over the one they made.

I don't understand this devotion to the vintage style.

...I seriously hope they don't make a vintage style Fright Zone!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I definitely would have preferred a straight-up Filmation Snake Mountain or even a 200X one over the one they made.

That's kind of the point of Classics
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

Count me completely out if they make a vintage Fright Zone! that thing as a kid was acceptable at best. As an adult ponying up hundreds, make it strictly filmation with at most a vintage nod or I'll be passing.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I really like what they showed on SDCC ! However, that green snake deco was bit annoying. How about dark stand alone purple from the mountain ?
    I agree - the green really throws me off, like it's supposed to be a real snake - which is just odd. I think of Snake Mountain like the Old Man In The Mountain (who sadly fell a few years back - I miss him!) - symbolic not literal. The green makes it look too toy-like for me, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I would have preferred a Filmation version as I never liked the toy version and thought it looked silly but I think the one revealed has enough elements to satisfy both fans of the old toy and the cartoon.
    The more I look at it, I can see that - I'm just not a fan of the vintage rock face monster thing, but I'd feel a lot better about it if they did what TUC138 said above in regards to color, and I'd also like it a bit more stylized. That way you could display it from the side and it would be a lot closer to the FILMation version that was so highly demanded over the vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Count me completely out if they make a vintage Fright Zone! that thing as a kid was acceptable at best. As an adult ponying up hundreds, make it strictly filmation with at most a vintage nod or I'll be passing.
    Oh, yes...and although it's doubtful they will ever make Crystal Castle (though hey, we never thought we'd get Grayskull, or Snake Mountain - so there is a small chance) I do not want to see the pink play house. I actually like some of the combo designs I've seen which incorporate both. But for Fright Zone, they absolutely have to do FILMation if they do it. It's so so so much cooler. The vintage playset was just a green slab with a few decorations - I would think even vintage fans would love the bad-ass FILMation one over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    At SDCC Mattel showed us a fantastic Snake Mountain for Motu Classic and most people seemed to be blown away.

But according to this poll (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cussion-Thread) most voted for the Filmation Version.

In my opinion, the Cartoon Design was so epic and i always wanted a Snake Mountain that matches the Cartoon.

I must admit that i even like the 200x Version better....and i always hoped the Motu Classic Snake Mountain would look like the MYP Version, becaus this was the Design which was used in all medias in the last 14 years, i.e. the DC Comics, the video game or in the Motu Mini Toyline.
    It just looks so much better.

So, who would buy a MYP Style Snake Mountain (or a Filmation)???
    Maybe it could be called "Temple of Serpos" or "Preternia Snake Mountain".

The MYP snake mountain is the one I would have much rather had. I think people were just happy to see Snake Mountain so they were Happy. I sure hope one day we see more MYP items including an MYP Snake Mountain.
    ABC GIANTS, 200x Evil-lyn, 200x Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Hawke/Delora, Queen Andreeno, Captain Randor, 200x Tri-Klops, 200x Squeeeze head.

The prototype shown is top notch. Happy with it. No changes needed.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    The MYP snake mountain is the one I would have much rather had. I think people were just happy to see Snake Mountain so they were Happy. I sure hope one day we see more MYP items including an MYP Snake Mountain.
    FWIW, I would have liked that one too, even though I'm not a 200x fan at all. It's similar enough to FILMation that I would have been really into it. There is just something about the toy details on this one that...well...look like a toy, LOL.

There are lots of great ways they could have gone with SM. If the final product looks exactly like the one they showed, I will be over the moon!
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Skeleton Warriors, Rah-Jar, Great Black Wizard.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs, 2 Collectors' Choice subs.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

This one is perfect, it takes elements from the cartoon and toy versions( and blended perfectly as we never saw what the back part housed in Filmation). They couldnt have done a better job on the selection, th only thing i want to see is a bigger version of it not smaller

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Filmation is cool but would never work due to scale, and doesn't have enough displayability for figures
    This I believe gets to the crux of the issue - the Filmation and 200x Snake Mountains just don't have enough options to display figures on the external side as a playset. The only display option really would be for a figure-scale snake-head entrance, and that itself would only give us the very peak of the mountain.

The Snake Mountain displayed at SDCC is a very nice mix of Filmation and the vi tage toy. In the limitations of an action figure line, Mattel have done much better today than 20 years ago trying to balance the dual needs.

Perhaps a second removable peak that would fit on top of the mountain face might have been nice ... but I am really happy - very happy - with what we are getting. And I don't think it feasible at this stage we'd get two versions anywhere in the next 5 years. Not when there is still the Slime Pit, Fright Zone, Eternos Palace, Eternia Towers and Crystal Castle waiting in the queue.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm getting the Mattel version and that's it. I would rather have them move on to the Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and I even dare to go there - Eternia!
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!